• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 7 of 167 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Normally it should install over old version just fine, but at least I have had a situation with WQI that it somehow managed to install two different versions of the same application. You can see from the list of installed applications from your Pre (launcher, menu, list applications) if it's a case with you that if there is two Mode Switchers installed. Most likely there are not, but it does not hurt to see.
    Installed via WOSQI and there was no duplicates.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Wallpaper changes fine for me (or it has so far.) I have 3 modes all of which have their own wallpapers.
    They all changed at the right time? Sometime it changes but it be late. Wallpaper is the only setting I changed with beside the timer trigger. I know this still beta just was doing some testing as a beta user.
    Oooohhh... I could see this being super useful. It reminds me of SKScheMa for Windows Mobile (Pocket PC, Windows Phone, PalmSized PC, whatever they're calling it, these days...)
    SKScheMa is a great piece of software for that platform. I can't wait to see what you can do with Mode Switcher!
    So, could ModeSwitcher do something like this?:
    Detect charger plugged in. Then check Bluetooth. If Bluetooth sees "FIPO" then connect to FIPO and start up Slacker Radio app. (FIPO is my BT car audio adapter).
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I just updated and for some reason I still can't get the wallpaper to change with an Time Trigger. I had the same settings for an app and it worked fine but when I add a wallpaper it doesn't work.
    At least there is an bug, that if you select a none wallpaper (picture that is not in wallpaper list already) it fails to select the wallpaper. I will try to fix this in next version and will also add an error dialog for failed configuration changes so we can start to fix bugs related to configuration changing. Since currently the application just silently fails if there's an error while performing the configuration change.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    They all changed at the right time? Sometime it changes but it be late. Wallpaper is the only setting I changed with b
    eside the timer trigger. I know this still beta just was doing some testing as a beta user.
    It seems to be. I have a starry night for Bedside Mode. When I took it off the touchstone I watched it change to the tree wallpaper in Default Mode. At 0730 it should change to a cloudy sky for Work Mode. I'll watch it and let you know.
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeTye View Post
    So, could ModeSwitcher do something like this?:
    Detect charger plugged in. Then check Bluetooth. If Bluetooth sees "FIPO" then connect to FIPO and start up Slacker Radio app. (FIPO is my BT car audio adapter).
    The charger thing it already can, but the BT part no. I have plans for future versions to add more advanced triggers. And one could be that you describe or for example when wifi connects to certain network the mode switch is triggered. But these are post 1.0 features. And I am even not sure if they are possible, but my current knowledge is that they are possible. There are actually quite many different things that could act as triggers, calendar events, battery level etc. So at least I should not run out of coding any time soon right Hint: and donations always help to speed up the development by raising the motivation And thanks again for those who see the potential of my app and have already done so.

These future extension was the reason why I am currently remaking the configuration interface (which currently is very limited). After I get this done hopefully today I'll get back to fixing bugs and adding location trigger.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/05/2010 at 06:19 AM.
    It seems to be. I have a starry night for Bedside Mode. When I took it off the touchstone I watched it change to the tree wallpaper in Default Mode. At 0730 it should change to a cloudy sky for Work Mode. I'll watch it and let you know.
    This morning Work Mode kicked over to the assigned wallpaper and lowered my volumes like it should have. It didn't seem to enable wifi but I may not have given it enough time. I went into Mode Switcher to make sure the settings were right and when I came out it reapplied Work Mode and everything changed as it should have.
  9.    #129  
    This morning Work Mode kicked over to the assigned wallpaper and lowered my volumes like it should have. It didn't seem to enable wifi but I may not have given it enough time. I went into Mode Switcher to make sure the settings were right and when I came out it reapplied Work Mode and everything changed as it should have.
    If somebody can verify that sometimes those configuration options aren't set, but usually are then please tell me. Since currently the MS tries to apply the config only once and if it fails it won't try again. The documentation did not said that is it guaranteed that the request succeeds every time or no. I can very easily alter it in a way that it tries to re-apply the setting when failed for couple times before giving up.
  10.    #130  
    New beta release (0.7.1). This version has the new configuration interface, I hope you find it better that the old one. At least it will allow addition of new features in the future. For example multiple time triggers per mode, this is not enable yet thou. Currently you can only add one trigger of each kind. When location trigger is in and all working then I will add support for multiple triggers. This version also has one bug fixed related to wallpaper setting so hopefully now it works for all. Also bug that prevented removal of mode if it was active is fixed.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...56#post2180156

It is possible that this version introduced some bugs related to configuration so if any problems please report. If you want to be on the safe side: deactivate mode switcher before updating and before activating the new version delete your modes. It should work without this, but if you have problems then try this first.

If everything goes smoothly you can expect location trigger support on late night of Sunday (Finland's time).
    Last edited by sconix; 02/05/2010 at 06:02 PM.
    Hi, me again. Well I have bad news........ My phone died at the same time as it did yesterday. I had it set to School Mode (wifi off, bt off, gps off, data on, IM status offline, sounds off). I have no clue as to why MS would be draining my battery, but it is. I'm surprises no one has experienced this bug.
    I thought I had a little battery drain at one time. I can't really say if I have much drain right now because I'm constantly playing with settings. I'd say something else is draining your battery.

**Actually there was one version that seemed to pull some battery. I don't remember which version it was but it was last Sunday. I remember asking about it in this thread if you look back far enough. I can normally take it off the charger at 0800 or so and still be in the 90% charge range by the end of church around 1230. Last Sunday I was closer to mid 70%'s by the time church was out. Since I have over 50 patches / homebrew's installed it's hard to say if my battery drain has something to do with Mode Switcher or the Menu patch for Mode Switcher and how it interacts with some other random patch I have installed. **
    Last edited by cdbillups; 02/05/2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Remembered something.
  13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Hi, me again. Well I have bad news........ My phone died at the same time as it did yesterday. I had it set to School Mode (wifi off, bt off, gps off, data on, IM status offline, sounds off). I have no clue as to why MS would be draining my battery, but it is. I'm surprises no one has experienced this bug.
    There was bug in some version that could have caused battery drain, but at least that is now fixed. I will still go through the code to see if there is any possibility for the timeouts to make a loop, but it should not be possible anymore. If you can repeat the battery draining then you could try to deactivate the mode switcher and see if it helps and it really is MS:s fault. Since the Mode switcher really cannot be running longer than one minute at a time and it is only started those times when the time trigger timeouts are set. So there should not be a way that how it could cause the battery draining since it wont be running very often.

One thing that you can always try is to delete all your modes and uninstall the app and install it again. Just to be sure that you have latest version and the modes configuration is in format that latest version understands.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/06/2010 at 03:33 AM.
  14.    #134  
    It seems that I have to eat my words. I think I have accidentally found a way to leave the app running in background It still should not cause any battery draining since it just sits there doing nothing. I still have to do some more tests, but if this really is the case then I can get the screen turn off feature working properly and in addition I could make the patch optional. I am pretty sure that this is the same reason why Brightness Unlinked is able to stay background, but mine does it without user interaction.
    There was bug in some version that could have caused battery drain, but at least that is now fixed. I will still go through the code to see if there is any possibility for the timeouts to make a loop, but it should not be possible anymore. If you can repeat the battery draining then you could try to deactivate the mode switcher and see if it helps and it really is MS:s fault. Since the Mode switcher really cannot be running longer than one minute at a time and it is only started those times when the time trigger timeouts are set. So there should not be a way that how it could cause the battery draining since it wont be running very often.

One thing that you can always try is to delete all your modes and uninstall the app and install it again. Just to be sure that you have latest version and the modes configuration is in format that latest version understands.
    I'm going to go through today without MS and see how it goes.
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I'm going to go through today without MS and see how it goes.
    Please report back how it goes. Since if it's MS:s fault I will need to find the reason. I have been keeping the MS on the whole day and made several time based mode configurations (and have changed between them) and after 6 hours I have only lost 18% of battery so it is quite normal for me. So I haven't been able to reproduce the battery draining. I even added few notifications into the app to see that it really runs in background currently and still my phone has been able to sleep well since the battery usage is normal.
    A couple of issues, questions,
    1. Is the Weekday option still not working?

2. The Modes are switching for me at the right times, but the tab in the upper left corner doesn't switch to reflect the proper mode.
    Ex. If it switches from Work mode to Home mode, the tab still says Work mode.

3. If I open the Upper left corner tab and I try to switch it from one mode to the other it wont switch. It stays in the present mode.
    Ex. It's set to change from Work to Home mode at 4:30 but I leave at 3. I want to switch it to Home mode but it refuses to change. How do I do that?
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    A couple of issues, questions,
    1. Is the Weekday option still not working?
    2. The Modes are switching for me at the right times, but the tab in the upper left corner doesn't switch to reflect the proper mode. Ex. If it switches from Work mode to Home mode, the tab still says Work mode.
    3. If I open the Upper left corner tab and I try to switch it from one mode to the other it wont switch. It stays in the present mode. Ex. It's set to change from Work to Home mode at 4:30 but I leave at 3. I want to switch it to Home mode but it refuses to change. How do I do that?
    The weekday option was fixed couple versions ago. At least nobody has reported problems with it afterwards. Also the 2. problem was fixed in the previous patch updates. So are you using the latest version of the patch? And by changing from the menu it should always change the mode even the triggers are not valid and is at least working for me. If you really have the latest version of the patch please report what patch are you using. I only use/test the topbarmenus version of the patch so if there's a bug in those other two I would not know it if nobody hasn't reported any problems.

If any of the problems persist even when you have updated to latest version then give as exact report of the situation as possible so I can reproduce the problem and release a fix for it.
    The weekday option was fixed couple versions ago. At least nobody has reported problems with it afterwards. Also the 2. problem was fixed in the previous patch updates. So are you using the latest version of the patch? And by changing from the menu it should always change the mode even the triggers are not valid and is at least working for me. If you really have the latest version of the patch please report what patch are you using. I only use/test the topbarmenus version of the patch so if there's a bug in those other two I would not know it if nobody hasn't reported any problems.

If any of the problems persist even when you have updated to latest version then give as exact report of the situation as possible so I can reproduce the problem and release a fix for it.
    Ok, I'm using topbarmodemenu 1.3.5-5 and Modeswitcher 0.7.0
    It looks like you have updated them. I will install the new ones and report back. Thanks.
  20.    #140  
    FYI: The new configuration interface has at least one bug. If you have only added charger trigger for the mode you cannot change the charger trigger configuration afterwards anymore (the app will freeze). This is fixed in next release. I won't release the fix yet since I am hoping that I can get the location trigger into the same release tomorrow, but if I hit bumps with the location trigger then I'll do a plain bug fix release tomorrow.