• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 69 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3326
  1.    #1361  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevank View Post
    This week I believe is the 19th week of the year.
    At least my google calendar shows that its next week
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    and mine too
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    sconix has approved release of the manual, which should give a basic overview of the application and answer some questions new users generally have about how to use it.

Mode Switcher 0.9.20 Manual

To Do:
    - add a FAQ
    - if anyone wants to post good modes for the sample page, please do

edit: updated manual with correct parameter format and added my personal mode config as a sample
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tobias funke; 05/04/2010 at 07:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    If I only add palm tasks app then the mode closes with the app without problem, but with more than one app the mode closing interrupts so there is some bug. The bug could just bring itself up as a bit nastier at your phone so the fix might help with the Tasks app also.

EDIT: the bug was actually kinda nasty and it might even could have been the fault killing the luna. My phone just seems to be very resilient to nasty bugs and it just keeps always working I will release the new version within next 3 hours. Will try to get couple new features into this release.
    Thanks! Glad you found it! Your phone seems to be like one of those old Timex watches, their ad said "Timex, takes a licking and keeps on ticking!"

Cheers,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    i am noticeing that the GPS triggers are not activating as often as they were prior to .92

i have one set for my home with the maximum radius to turn on the wifi here and it only comes on sparadically and then shuts off after a few minuets -- my GPS is fairly solid and if i bring up an ap that is gps based it will show my location at home but then the mode does not switch

any ideas

thanks in advance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Ever since I installed May 2nd's version of Mode Switcher, everything works perfectly except my applications do not start up when switching modes.

Before May 2nd, everything worked perfect and the applications launched perfectly. Also, I haven't installed or uninstalled or made any other changes to my pre.

Any ideas anyone?
    Installed 0.9.2 yesterday and the problem I previously reported have been fixed for me. I only use a night time mode to shut the screen off when on touchstone, finally I can sleep and have a fully charged phone in the morning.
  8.    #1368  
    Quote Originally Posted by zerty55 View Post
    Ever since I installed May 2nd's version of Mode Switcher, everything works perfectly except my applications do not start up when switching modes.

Before May 2nd, everything worked perfect and the applications launched perfectly. Also, I haven't installed or uninstalled or made any other changes to my pre.

Any ideas anyone?
    The upcoming 0.9.21 will fix some issues with application launching / closing so hopefully it fixes your problem.
  9.    #1369  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i am noticeing that the GPS triggers are not activating as often as they were prior to .92

i have one set for my home with the maximum radius to turn on the wifi here and it only comes on sparadically and then shuts off after a few minuets -- my GPS is fairly solid and if i bring up an ap that is gps based it will show my location at home but then the mode does not switch

any ideas

thanks in advance
    I will look into the GPS trigger after couple release. I think the changes I made when modifying it into extension made it a bit worse.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ...at some point I try to make it so that you can actually select from menu the behavior (hide always/in app launcher etc). Or at least I will provide another patch that hides it completely, but currently I don't have the time for this.
    Great, I'm really looking forward to this capability. For me the hide quick launch patch has proven to be more useful than the Mode Switcher. I was using Jason's Hide Quick Launch patch but it doesn't have the ability to edit the quick launch bar like yours does. I also like how you integrated the Add/Edit/Delete pages functionality in your patch.

I've noticed that your Hide Quick Launcher patch causes the QL bar to be displayed when selecting launcher pages non-sequentially using the Named Pages in Launcher patch. This necessitates a couple of up swipes to re-hide the quick launcher (by hiding the launcher page I moved to, then re-displaying it, which hides the QL bar). Of course, this is really only a problem if I need to access the lowest row of apps in my launcher window. For now the extra couple of swipes is a minor inconvenience that I'm willing to trade for the enhanced functionality overall. But adding the option to hide the QL bar all the time would be a terrific addition to your patch.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
  11.    #1371  
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    Great, I'm really looking forward to this capability. For me the hide quick launch patch has proven to be more useful than the Mode Switcher. I was using Jason's Hide Quick Launch patch but it doesn't have the ability to edit the quick launch bar like yours does. I also like how you integrated the Add/Edit/Delete pages functionality in your patch.

I've noticed that your Hide Quick Launcher patch causes the QL bar to be displayed when selecting launcher pages non-sequentially using the Named Pages in Launcher patch. This necessitates a couple of up swipes to re-hide the quick launcher (by hiding the launcher page I moved to, then re-displaying it, which hides the QL bar). Of course, this is really only a problem if I need to access the lowest row of apps in my launcher window. For now the extra couple of swipes is a minor inconvenience that I'm willing to trade for the enhanced functionality overall. But adding the option to hide the QL bar all the time would be a terrific addition to your patch.
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention will see if theres something that I can do to prevent this behavior for the next release of the hide QL patch.
    I'm a previous WinMo user, and one thing I loved was the auto switch into a quiet mode when my calendar had an event that was wt as "busy." Is there any way to have the calendar status a trigger? (sorry if this has been brought up before, I searched the thread and didnt find anything)

Otherwise, great work, I'm finding a lot of ways to use the Mode Switcher
  13.    #1373  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning807 View Post
    I'm a previous WinMo user, and one thing I loved was the auto switch into a quiet mode when my calendar had an event that was wt as "busy." Is there any way to have the calendar status a trigger? (sorry if this has been brought up before, I searched the thread and didnt find anything)

Otherwise, great work, I'm finding a lot of ways to use the Mode Switcher
    Not currently but calendar trigger is coming at some point.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ... and thank you for all of your hard work and responsiveness on the MS app and patches. It brings some much-needed flexibility to the Pre and makes it a much more capable device.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    can you add a trigger for battery level? (ie battery gets to 20% or 10%)?
  16.    #1376  
    Quote Originally Posted by nulsul View Post
    can you add a trigger for battery level? (ie battery gets to 20% or 10%)?
    http://www.e-lnx.org/mode-switcher.html

Hint: See the near future plans
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Darn it. My outlook says it is this week. I shouldn't have trusted M$.

K
    I got 0.9.20 and my mode just reloaded it only does it when I'm on the web. I won't be home tonight so I can't get the log. Just to let you know. Also when I updated to the new version all my modes were gone. I just readded them no big deal. Just to let you know again
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ok. I did a little research on week #s. In the US we start week #s on Jan 1. Most of the EU countries follow the ISO standard at it starts on the first full week of the year. That explains it. The week #s in my Google cal are ISO and in my outlook they are US standard. Why is it always so difficult to agree on a standard?
    The fact that there has been so much discussion about whether or not we're on week 19 goes to show how much people appreciate this app :-). I definitely can't wait for the next update. Mode switcher has certainly made life much easier. Nomore needing to manually activate the bluetooth in my car when it automatically triggers on the touchstone.

Absolute bliss. Thanks Sconix for the hard work thus far!