• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 68 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3326
  1.    #1341  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @sconix - believe I've found a bug in 0.9.20. When exiting a mode that closes the apps it had started, I get a Luna reset without fail. If I turn off app-close-on-exit-mode, it doesn't happen. I've attached the lines from /var/log/messages containing "Switcher". Look for the mode name of "Work".

Regards,
    -Jerry
    This is very possible I have most likely made a typo in the if sentence that makes sure that luna or other system apps are not closed. Will fix for 0.9.21 that should be out tomorrow.
  2.    #1342  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Question: is there any possible way to backup personal configuration settings? I mean they must be stored somewhere, right?
    They are stored in palm database I think since I am using system preferences for storing so that mode menu patch can access the configuration easily and the settings stays from update to update. I could write a support for save/restore for backing up Mode Switcher configuration.
    This is a patch I made to add 1 minute intervals to the Time of Day trigger. I find it useful for modes that are designed to start applications and then close immediately (like a Good Morning/Daily Briefing type mode), so they can be set to open and close within 1 minute.

Disclaimer: As described below by sconix, there is a possibility of a WebOS bug affecting Mode Switcher if 1m intervals are used too often and create too many requests on the application. Use this patch at your own risk and do not bug sconix with any problems you have with Mode Switcher while this patch is installed.

Patch here:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tobias funke; 05/04/2010 at 09:31 AM.
  4.    #1344  
    Sconix, I will remove this link if you want, but I'm putting this up in case anyone else wants this functionality. I figured it was easier to make a patch than ask you to make more changes to an app you are already working very hard on.

This is a patch I made to add 1 minute intervals to the Time of Day trigger. I find it useful for modes that are designed to start applications and then close immediately (like a Good Morning/Daily Briefing type mode), so they can be set to open and close within 1 minute.

Sconix if you feel this is inappropriate I will remove the link and delete this post.

Patch here:
    I don't mind so you are welcome to share the link/patch even here.

However Just so that you are aware, there is a reason why I have kept the 5 minute interval. Currently (I am pretty sure this is a bug in WebOS and hopefully not a feature) if application receives 2 (or more) launch requests at same time only one of them reaches the application. So when I know that time trigger can only wake the application on even 5 minute intervals I place the GPS trigger wake ups on 7,5/12,5/... minute intervals so this way there is no change that these would happen at a same time so this way MS should always receive the launch request. I haven't tested and I am pretty sure that those 1 minute intervals will also work (since there is the half minute extra in GPS trigger), but I have kept the 5 minutes since it is just more certain and will anyway suite most people. So thats why I will keep the 5 minute interval in the app at least until the bug is fixed in WebOS just to be on the safe side. The 1 minute interval will most likely work just fine without any problems.
    Thanks for the info, that is good to know.

It sounds like it should be even less of a possibility if the 1m intervals are used sparingly. For example I only use it for one mode that starts at 8:30 AM and closes at 8:31 AM.

I will add a disclaimer to the post and I will not be submitting it to any feeds.
  6.    #1346  
    Thanks for the info, that is good to know.

It sounds like it should be even less of a possibility if the 1m intervals are used sparingly. For example I only use it for one mode that starts at 8:30 AM and closes at 8:31 AM.

I will add a disclaimer to the post and I will not be submitting it to any feeds.
    Yes the possibility in normal use should be like 0.00000001% But since not all will need this I will keep it away from MS for now at least. If it works for you in a long run reliably I don't think it needs any disclaimer and you could even submit it to a feed for easily installable by others that want the 1 minute interval.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This is very possible I have most likely made a typo in the if sentence that makes sure that luna or other system apps are not closed. Will fix for 0.9.21 that should be out tomorrow.
    Great. Thanks much!

Regards,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Weird bug:

"Charging Mode" triggers are: 8:30 AM - 11:30 PM and Touchstone or USB chargers

"Night Mode" triggers are: 11:30 PM - 8:30 AM and Touchstone or USB chargers

Both of those modes work perfectly if only the Touchstone trigger is there. As soon as I add the USB charger trigger, when the Pre is placed on the touchstone, a timer appears (even though it is set to Immediate) and counts down from 5 to 0 next to Cancel. When it gets to 0, the mode does not switch.

Of course, if I remove the USB trigger again, the mode works correctly and switches to Charging or Night mode immediately when placed on the touchstone.
  9.    #1349  
    Weird bug:

"Charging Mode" triggers are: 8:30 AM - 11:30 PM and Touchstone or USB chargers

"Night Mode" triggers are: 11:30 PM - 8:30 AM and Touchstone or USB chargers

Both of those modes work perfectly if only the Touchstone trigger is there. As soon as I add the USB charger trigger, when the Pre is placed on the touchstone, a timer appears (even though it is set to Immediate) and counts down from 5 to 0 next to Cancel. When it gets to 0, the mode does not switch.

Of course, if I remove the USB trigger again, the mode works correctly and switches to Charging or Night mode immediately when placed on the touchstone.
    I was able to verify this so it will be fixed on next release. The timer should be appearing only if auto start set to after timer or by selection or when more than one mode matches (is valid). So I have to see why it thinks that more than one mode matches even there is only one. And when the timer is on cancel thats the point that it does not switch when it reaches to 0.

EDIT: was missing one break so with multiple charger trigger the mode was added multiple time for starting I try to get the 0.9.21 already out tonight at the latest tomorrow so this problem is now fixed.
    Last edited by sconix; 05/04/2010 at 01:33 PM.
  10.    #1350  
    @sconix - believe I've found a bug in 0.9.20. When exiting a mode that closes the apps it had started, I get a Luna reset without fail. If I turn off app-close-on-exit-mode, it doesn't happen. I've attached the lines from /var/log/messages containing "Switcher". Look for the mode name of "Work".

Regards,
    -Jerry
    Actually I am unable to reproduce this and by looking the code I don't see anything (at least anything obvious) that could cause this. Could you try different set of applications for example. Maybe it is some application that kills luna for some odd reason. Also if you could test rebooting phone that does it help. Please report back so I know if this truly is MS bug.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Actually I am unable to reproduce this and by looking the code I don't see anything (at least anything obvious) that could cause this. Could you try different set of applications for example. Maybe it is some application that kills luna for some odd reason. Also if you could test rebooting phone that does it help. Please report back so I know if this truly is MS bug.
    OK. I rebooted the phone (I wonder how long the Evo takes to reboot?)

Found this out - If I have 2 apps controlled by Work mode, it will only close one, and will _not_ close the mode. I'd have to switch to another mode, and then close that one.

** Testing shows one app not to be a problem, unless it is Palm's Tasks app (I also use the Pocket Mirror Tasks app, FWIW). **

If I have the mode start/stop ClassicNote, there's no issue, just with Palm tasks...

HTH,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  12.    #1352  
    OK. I rebooted the phone (I wonder how long the Evo takes to reboot?)

Found this out - If I have 2 apps controlled by Work mode, it will only close one, and will _not_ close the mode. I'd have to switch to another mode, and then close that one.

** Testing shows one app not to be a problem, unless it is Palm's Tasks app (I also use the Pocket Mirror Tasks app, FWIW). **

If I have the mode start/stop ClassicNote, there's no issue, just with Palm tasks...

HTH,
    -Jerry
    Ok now I can replicate the first one that if there is more than one app something goes wrong. So I will fix this for next release and maybe it fixes the other problem that you are seeing. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Ok now I can replicate the first one that if there is more than one app something goes wrong. So I will fix this for next release and maybe it fixes the other problem that you are seeing. Thanks.
    Thanks. You can auto-close the Palm Tasks app without a problem?

Regards,
    -Jerry
  14.    #1354  
    Thanks. You can auto-close the Palm Tasks app without a problem?

Regards,
    -Jerry
    If I only add palm tasks app then the mode closes with the app without problem, but with more than one app the mode closing interrupts so there is some bug. The bug could just bring itself up as a bit nastier at your phone so the fix might help with the Tasks app also.

EDIT: the bug was actually kinda nasty and it might even could have been the fault killing the luna. My phone just seems to be very resilient to nasty bugs and it just keeps always working I will release the new version within next 3 hours. Will try to get couple new features into this release.
    Last edited by sconix; 05/04/2010 at 02:59 PM.
    If I only add palm tasks app then the mode closes with the app without problem, but with more than one app the mode closing interrupts so there is some bug. The bug could just bring itself up as a bit nastier at your phone so the fix might help with the Tasks app also.

EDIT: the bug was actually kinda nasty and it might even could have been the fault killing the luna. My phone just seems to be very resilient to nasty bugs and it just keeps always working I will release the new version within next 3 hours. Will try to get couple new features into this release.
    any update to today top bar soon? thanks
  16.    #1356  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    any update to today top bar soon? thanks
    Still the plan is to release those updated patches during week 19.

EDIT: which is next week
    Still the plan is to release those updated patches during week 19.
    whats week 19?
    I've written a simple PDF manual with screenshots for Mode Switcher and I've sent the links to sconix for approval. Hopefully it can help some people out and relieve him of some of the pressure to continually explain how the app works.
    whats week 19?
    the 19th week of the year
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    whats week 19?
    This week I believe is the 19th week of the year.