32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 67 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3326
  1.    #1321  
    Will release 0.9.20 shortly. It fixes a small bug in GPS trigger and the configuration not saving (at least it fixed the problem for one test user). Thanks for those that provided logs concerning this bug.

The configuration saving bug was partly in the configuration updating routine so this version will reset your configuration. I did not want to spend time resolving why it did it when I had the option just to reset the configuration which I was about to do once before releasing 1.0.0. So unfortunately you have to configure your modes again after this update. From 1.0.0 onwards the configuration wont be cleared.

EDIT: Out now...
    Last edited by sconix; 05/03/2010 at 05:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    OK, I've installed 9.20 now and almost everything is working perfectly! I am noticing that even though my custom Touchstone mode has the "On Charger" setting set to "Always On", the screen still locks after about two minutes. Any idea what's going on there?
  3.    #1323  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    OK, I've installed 9.20 now and almost everything is working perfectly! I am noticing that even though my custom Touchstone mode has the "On Charger" setting set to "Always On", the screen still locks after about two minutes. Any idea what's going on there?
    This was reported by someone else too. For me this works perfectly though Anyway if you could try the suggestions here:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2419529

And report back it would help and point me into right place. Since there most likely is a some kind of "race condition" that MS misses the event when it should control the screen. And if it works in some situation it will help to narrow down where this happens.

EDIT: also would help to know is it only the always on or also the screen off that is not working. Now I am off to sleep, but will look into this tomorrow...
    0.9.20 works perfectly. Quick question. Can I edit the latitude/longitude in the GPS Location window so that I can add an activation trigger to known locations (even though I'm not currently at that specific location)?

Again, great work!!!

late,
    Coz
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This was reported by someone else too. For me this works perfectly though Anyway if you could try the suggestions here:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2419529

And report back it would help and point me into right place. Since there most likely is a some kind of "race condition" that MS misses the event when it should control the screen. And if it works in some situation it will help to narrow down where this happens.

EDIT: also would help to know is it only the always on or also the screen off that is not working. Now I am off to sleep, but will look into this tomorrow...
    Yeah, it's about time you got some sleep

OK, here's what I did. When I first encountered the problem, I had triggers set with the All Unique option--the triggers were Touchstone charging and a time of day setting. So for my follow-up testing, I set the "Auto Start" value to Only Manually, so the triggers would have no effect. Then I tried five tests (after each of the tests, I unlocked the Pre and removed it from the charger, and it reverted to Default Mode):

1) Set mode manually, place on charger, wait - screen dimmed after about 1:30, Pre locked 30 seconds later
    2) Set mode manually, wait 2 minutes (the screen blanked after about 1 minute), place on charger - Pre locked immediately.
    3) Place on charger, wait - screen dimmed after about 1:30, Pre locked 30 seconds later
    4) Place on charger, wait 45 seconds, set mode manually, wait - screen dimmed after about 1:30, Pre locked 30 seconds later
    5) Reconfigure mode to use Always Off instead of Always On, set mode manually, place on charger, wait - The screen turned off after 1:00, turned on again but dimmer 30 seconds later, and locked 30 seconds after that.

So you can see that the Pre locks in every situation that I tried. I'm not sure if maybe it's a configuration setting on my Pre? I have "Turn off after" set to 2 minutes in the Screen & Lock settings, if that matters.

Thanks for your help!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I updated to 0.9.20 and all my previous custom mode were lost. I dont see them in the list anymore.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    It seems there is no Mode reloading anymore after updating to the new version so far
    I will report after few days to make sure all fine.
    Thanks Sconix for great support
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I know this is would be far off, if even possible...

But if Mode Switcher was able to trigger different kernel settings (in Govnah for example), it would be amazing.

Once a 'low battery' trigger is in place, have Govnah ramp the cpu down to 125 or 250mhz to save juice, along with dimming the screen, turning off services, etc.

Again, very wishful thinking.

Loving the app so far, great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I updated to 0.9.20 and all my previous custom mode were lost. I dont see them in the list anymore.
    Sconix mentioned that in post 1323.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    My firewall prevents PING so the address should work its just the PING that is not getting through.
    Gotcha! And everything's working fine after EPR and reinstall. Thanks.

-Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Sconix mentioned that in post 1323.
    oops...missed that post
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Just found MS today and have been trying it all day but nothing would change when a mode activated. I had a theme installed so I uninstalled it and wouldnt you know everything worked perfect. Im wondering if anyone else is using MS with a theme installed and if you ran into the same problem? Or maybe it was just the particular theme I had. I am hoping its the later since I want a theme and MS. I dont know but great work on this sconix, thanks for doing it.
  13.    #1333  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Yes I had to reset the configuration to get rid of the nasty bug that someone were facing the configuration not saving. Sorry about that, but it would have been lot more work to find out what in the configuration updating was the fault.
  14.    #1334  
    Quote Originally Posted by kpatel72 View Post
    Just found MS today and have been trying it all day but nothing would change when a mode activated. I had a theme installed so I uninstalled it and wouldnt you know everything worked perfect. Im wondering if anyone else is using MS with a theme installed and if you ran into the same problem? Or maybe it was just the particular theme I had. I am hoping its the later since I want a theme and MS. I dont know but great work on this sconix, thanks for doing it.
    At least I have a theme and I must say it feels odd that if theme is causing problems. What theme did you had? So I could look into is there really something that could cause problems.
  15.    #1335  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    I know this is would be far off, if even possible...

But if Mode Switcher was able to trigger different kernel settings (in Govnah for example), it would be amazing.

Once a 'low battery' trigger is in place, have Govnah ramp the cpu down to 125 or 250mhz to save juice, along with dimming the screen, turning off services, etc.

Again, very wishful thinking.

Loving the app so far, great work!
    Support for Govnah is in the plans, rwhitby told that they are considering launch parameter supports for Govnah and if they add it you could already control Govnah by starting it with different parameters when mode changes
  16.    #1336  
    Quote Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
    0.9.20 works perfectly. Quick question. Can I edit the latitude/longitude in the GPS Location window so that I can add an activation trigger to known locations (even though I'm not currently at that specific location)?

Again, great work!!!

late,
    Coz
    Not currently, but I plan to add possibility to set the coordinate from map quite soon I think.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Yes I had to reset the configuration to get rid of the nasty bug that someone were facing the configuration not saving. Sorry about that, but it would have been lot more work to find out what in the configuration updating was the fault.
    NP....It didn't take a lot to set them up again.
    Thanks again for all your continued hard work on this. It's my fav app as of now
  18.    #1338  
    My feed is going to be down for hour or two, just in case someone is wondering and looking answers from here...
    Question: is there any possible way to backup personal configuration settings? I mean they must be stored somewhere, right?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @sconix - believe I've found a bug in 0.9.20. When exiting a mode that closes the apps it had started, I get a Luna reset without fail. If I turn off app-close-on-exit-mode, it doesn't happen. I've attached the lines from /var/log/messages containing "Switcher". Look for the mode name of "Work".

Regards,
    -Jerry
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G