32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 64 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3326
  1.    #1261  
    Version 0.9.18 out.... one more stupid bug in the time trigger. In certain situations it did not handle the time comparison properly. Hopefully now all is well. Now I am off to a bed and most likely can expect a bug fix / feature release tomorrow also.
    can't get MS. to work at all! every time I fire it up it goes though the initial settings screen, but won't let me edit default profile. Location trigger doesn't fire, even if I manually select that same mode from the mode menu . . .
    I have a bug to report
    i have time trigger with custom days and the days will not stick they uncheck themselves.
    I have a time trigger + a touchstone trigger set for 9pm but it is 7 and it is activating.

i have a verizon pre + running 1.4.1.1 --mode switcher 9.18

GPS trigger seems to be working

love the ap -

thanks
    Last edited by mespiff; 05/02/2010 at 09:46 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Even though I have the latest version of MS, my phone lagged for a bit and Default Mode automatically reloaded. I guess that bug is still alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I was kinda hoping that the emailing feature would send the actual log file that the post install script uses and not that minimal log file that does not say anything. Can you try removing those files that I mentioned? At least by using WOSQI there is a open Linux console option in the menus and from that console you could remove the files by executing the following command:

rm -rf /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/statusmenu-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$views$/$statusmenu$

As long as you don't mistype anything there is no harm done. Those files are added by the patch and are not part of normal installation.
    That worked for me!!! No need to EPR and reinstall everything else.

Thanks.
    Yeah, I have 0.9.18 and it just did another lag & reload. Actually, this time, I was in a mode called "I'm Home," and when it normally would reload (because of the lag), it instead loaded default mode, then pop'd up asking if I would like to switch to I'm Home.
  7.    #1267  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Even though I have the latest version of MS, my phone lagged for a bit and Default Mode automatically reloaded. I guess that bug is still alive.
    If someone with this problem could send the messages log. Without it I cannot determine why is it happening although I have a good idea. Did you do something with the phone that caused it to "lag" or do you suspect that the lag came from MS? And was it that this started with 1.4.x?

Since it would help a lot if I could reproduce this, but even if I stress my phone I cannot get the mode reload to happen. It did happen for me before I doctored last time though.
    Last edited by sconix; 05/03/2010 at 02:52 AM.
  8.    #1268  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I have a bug to report
    i have time trigger with custom days and the days will not stick they uncheck themselves.
    I have a time trigger + a touchstone trigger set for 9pm but it is 7 and it is activating.

i have a verizon pre + running 1.4.1.1 --mode switcher 9.18

GPS trigger seems to be working

love the ap -

thanks
    The time trigger still has some problem since it failed for me too this morning. Expect an update this night.
  9.    #1269  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    can't get MS. to work at all! every time I fire it up it goes though the initial settings screen, but won't let me edit default profile. Location trigger doesn't fire, even if I manually select that same mode from the mode menu . . .
    If it fires up the initial settings screen then it means it is not saving the configuration. I have no clue why is it happening and without someone providing me with a messages log file I cannot even start to guess why it won't save the configuration. I know that someone with this problem went to a doctor and it helped, but I would like to know the reason and hopefully find a better solution that does not involve doctoring. And without the configuration the app wont work properly...
  10.    #1270  
    The latest version still has a problem with time trigger. Will go through that tonight once again and try to make sure that it works in the next version. The custom dates are not saved and will also be fixed in the next release.

If there is someone with the reloading mode bug that can send me the messages log file and hopefully with some kind of estimation when the reloading happened in contrast to time when messages log was pulled (i.e. like hour before or just before retrieving the messages log). Or if you think that it is caused by some situation like when phone is under stress or certain app is running etc. all this information will help since I cannot produce this bug so it is a bit hard to guess how to fix it.

Also if you experience the settings not saving and get always the initial default mode setup screen please supply me with the messages log so I could figure out why this is happening also. This one is 99% likely caused by your WebOS installation, but with the log I might figure out a another fix than doctoring.

The same goes for the problem if MS wont start for you. Also please report when some of this problems goes away.

All these came with the 1.4.x release so there might be something wrong with the app although I think there is something wrong with the WebOS installation, but in any case I would like to figure out the reason so I can figure out how to fix it.
    Hi, all seems to run smoothly here. Only problem I see since a few days is that alarm clock volume is not working anymore in the morning, making it impossible to use the alarm properly. Specifically, I have a night mode that sets all volumes to zero, except ringer. In the morning mode goes back to default, where all volumes are over 50%. Then comes the alarm, and nothing happens...I don't know if it depends on switching modes or on smth else, but it was working before. Gotta try some more ways to check it, but...just to let u know.
  12.    #1272  
    Quote Originally Posted by memfel View Post
    Hi, all seems to run smoothly here. Only problem I see since a few days is that alarm clock volume is not working anymore in the morning, making it impossible to use the alarm properly. Specifically, I have a night mode that sets all volumes to zero, except ringer. In the morning mode goes back to default, where all volumes are over 50%. Then comes the alarm, and nothing happens...I don't know if it depends on switching modes or on smth else, but it was working before. Gotta try some more ways to check it, but...just to let u know.
    If I would need to guess I think the mode did not change since my night mode failed to change in the morning too due to misbehaving time trigger. The changes I made fixed some problem, but brought a new one. I think I have to do the time trigger from scratch tonight to get it working properly At least I woke up since in my night mode the media volume is on and I use timepiece that uses media volume which is much better than using the ringer volume what the clock app does.
    Two things then...yes, alarm clock uses ringer volume, but that is one i always have on, i just change the percentage of it from night to default mode. More than this, since night has a specific wallpaper, I can tell that the time trigger works properly, since the wallpaper was back to default this morning, so the switch was not the real problem probably. it should have smth to do with volume settings, but maybe it's up to webos, not to modeswitcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If it fires up the initial settings screen then it means it is not saving the configuration. I have no clue why is it happening and without someone providing me with a messages log file I cannot even start to guess why it won't save the configuration. I know that someone with this problem went to a doctor and it helped, but I would like to know the reason and hopefully find a better solution that does not involve doctoring. And without the configuration the app wont work properly...
    Just installed this today and I'm getting the same thing

How do I get the log file to give you?
  15.    #1275  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1976 View Post
    Just installed this today and I'm getting the same thing

How do I get the log file to give you?
    The log file is located in: /var/log/messages

You can use WOSQI to retrieve it (menus have a retrieve file operation). Then send it to me preferably by email (scorpio.iix at gmail.com). And to make it easy for me before retrieving the file from the phone start MS do the initial setup then close it and start it again so at the end of the log file would contain as much info as possible.

As a side note: I will release 0.9.19 tonight that has the time trigger fixed properly. I am currently writing a test code that cycles through all time combinations so I can see why and when the time comparison fails.
    sent the file.

This in the log file:

2010-05-03T10:49:26.992553Z [2734] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.org.e-lnx.wee.apps.modeswitcher: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'save' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.org.e-lnx.wee.apps.modeswitcher/app/assistants/config-assistant.jsjsjs:$201$

doesn't look good.
  17.    #1277  
    sent the file.

This in the log file:

2010-05-03T10:49:26.992553Z [2734] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.org.e-lnx.wee.apps.modeswitcher: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'save' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.org.e-lnx.wee.apps.modeswitcher/app/assistants/config-assistant.jsjsjs:$201$

doesn't look good.
    Actually it does I looked the code and there is a silly copy and paste error. I'll fix this for tonights release so please test the 0.9.19 when it comes out and report back. Basically this bug makes it so that MS won't work if you don't have a previous MS default mode configuration stored on your phone.
    thx for finding it so soon. Will try the new version when its released.

Just install the new version over the top of the old one yeah?
  19.    #1279  
    thx for finding it so soon. Will try the new version when its released.

Just install the new version over the top of the old one yeah?
    Yes if you are using some other ways than Preware. Preware should give you update possibility.

I could release the new version already now, but I want to tackle the time trigger problem for the same release. So most likely when I get home from work I do the release which is 4-6 hours from now.
    I'm using preware so will check again near the end of the day.