19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 61 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3326
  1.    #1201  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    Just a Thought:
    Due to really Really bad GPS ob my (an many other's) Pre Plus the GPS Trigger is very ify.
    With 1.4 I tried someone's suggestion of opening the VZ Navigator App 1st - but that did not help.
    So far, with 1.4.1 that trick is making the GPS actually showing me where I am - rather than where Verizon or someone wants me to be (c:
    So may having a custom mode start up the VZ Nav might make that trigger work more often???? Just open and not buy that is!!
    (sorry - but almost 1200 post are Way too Many to Read!) Can a Custom Mode shut VZ Nav after a set period? I found that in order for it to make the GPS work all I have to do is Open VZ Nav and then close it.
    Thanks!!
    The current implementation of location trigger gives up already after 5 tries to get location and then reschedule the checking again at least 5 minutes away. So you can see that it fails quite easily. So sure if you have an app open that uses GPS helps a lot. When I get to back to optimizing location trigger it will be much more persistent and better in every sense.
    sconix, do you have any idea how I can get the mode menu and today menus working? The error I'm getting in WOSQI is An error occured when attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh
  3.    #1203  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i will have to reinstall 1.4.1.1 sent me to the doctor -- will the new release be out soon?

thanks
    This new release sure has taken its time and sorry about that, but once again while using the new version for whole day during work I covered a small logic error and I want to fix that too before release. Sadly the real life has required my attention too, but I have couple hours tonight so hopefully they are enough to find and fix the problem and still do release today. Its hard to do big changes fast when you can only code in short periods of time, the small additions like new features etc. are much easier to do during the late night hours
  4.    #1204  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    I'm also having trouble intalling system menu mode menu and today menus since 1.4.1.1 update...
    For all the new users that have most likely missed the info. The Preware currently does not handle dependencies while updating so when new version is available of the system menus framework or start MS on luna boot you need to uninstall the dependent packages first (mode/today menus patches for system menus, and MS app for the start luna patch). Then you can update the system menus framework / start MS on luna boot patches and install back the latest versions of the others.

As far as I known Preware 1.0.0 should handle dependencies so when ever it gets released there should not be any problems.
    Well - the update in no way what so ever fixed my GPS other than it now will work IF I open ZV Nav 1st. So did it fix it??? Sort of.

I currently have a VZNav subscription so I can't verify this, but many people are saying 1.4.1.1 has fixed the GPS issue entirely...meaning opening VZNav is no longer necessary.
  6.    #1206  
    sconix, do you have any idea how I can get the mode menu and today menus working? The error I'm getting in WOSQI is An error occured when attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh
    The only problem I am aware is if you are trying to update system menus framework patch before uninstalling the dependent patches (mode/today menu). Not sure though if it would give that error. So if the above does not help then I have no clue why it is failing.
    The system menu framework is installed properly, it's the mode and today menus that are causing the errors. I'll try some more troubleshooting things...hopefully i can get it working again...
    My mode and system menu will not install as well (as previously stated). I do have the framework installed correctly (uninstalled all the patches and everything related to mode switcher and re-installed everything and still no luck). Waiting to see if anyone can figure this out and might doctor it when I get home if no one can figure anything out.

edit: to clarify mode switcher installs fine and works, it is just the menu that is broken.
    I've done pretty much everything I can think of to get the menu patches working short of EPR or Dr, I'd really like to get them working without resorting to either of those.

Here's the ipkg log, though I doubt it'll help...

install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-mode-menu
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-mode-menu (1.4.1-10) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...4.1-10_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-mode-menu
    unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    Nothing Interesting.
    lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-mode-menu from root...
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution
    I've done pretty much everything I can think of to get the menu patches working short of EPR or Dr, I'd really like to get them working without resorting to either of those.

Here's the ipkg log, though I doubt it'll help...
    Identical results for me.
    anyone on verizon who upgraded to 1.4.1.1 get the today and mode menus working? If so did you have to dr?
    just did the doctor, will let you know how it goes...
    here is what I did:
    doctored back to 1.4.0
    let palm do it's thing to get me back to where it thought i was (contacts etc) while I downloaded 1.4.1.1

installed 1.4.1.1 OTA

installed pre-ware v 0.9.36 (i'm doubt it matters but I previously had the alpha 9.56) from web os quick install

installed mode switcher dependencies (GNU patch, Lsdiff, launch mode switcher on luna boot in that order):
    rebooted
    installed mode switcher
    rebooted
    installed system menu initial frame work
    rebooted
    installed system menu mode menu

and it worked... so to answer the question, I dr. and it worked. you might want to try to uninstall/reinstall the dependencies listed above.

as a side note, i noticed before i doctored that my virtual keyboard was not working (dont know if this has anything to do with it)
  14.    #1214  
    Quote Originally Posted by nulsul View Post
    here is what I did:
    doctored back to 1.4.0
    let palm do it's thing to get me back to where it thought i was (contacts etc) while I downloaded 1.4.1.1

installed 1.4.1.1 OTA

installed pre-ware v 0.9.36 (i'm doubt it matters but I previously had the alpha 9.56) from web os quick install

installed mode switcher dependencies (GNU patch, Lsdiff, launch mode switcher on luna boot in that order):
    rebooted
    installed mode switcher
    rebooted
    installed system menu initial frame work
    rebooted
    installed system menu mode menu

and it worked... so to answer the question, I dr. and it worked. you might want to try to uninstall/reinstall the dependencies listed above.

as a side note, i noticed before i doctored that my virtual keyboard was not working (dont know if this has anything to do with it)
    My guess is that there might be a problem with AUPT when doing system update with patches that have dependencies, but not sure. When I have more time I will try this and report a bug if will find one.
  15.    #1215  
    I am still struggling with the time trigger bug that I discovered. Tomorrow is the May Day celebration so not sure if I have time to fix it tomorrow. At least my weekend is free so the Sunday is the very last day when the new release is out. Will eat my socks if I haven't made a release before end of Sunday . Anyway I am still trying to get this release out as soon as possible...

Currently the closing time trigger is not setup correctly which is odd since I did not change the code so most likely this is the same problem that some of you have experienced that time trigger wont close the mode. I guess I have to review the whole time trigger code and see why it is misbehaving.

EDIT: In process of going through the time trigger I found another bug that has caused the battery drain for some people in the past. In the rare situation where the wakeup alarm has been inaccurate (the WebOS alarm is not precise and it is said in the documents) the next wakeup was scheduled to be in the past thus waking MS right away again causing a wakeup loop so phone could not have goon to sleep. I had code in that should have prevented this, but as little mistake like - sign when there should be + was enough for it to fail Hopefully after this fix the time trigger will be bug free.
    Last edited by sconix; 04/30/2010 at 05:04 AM.
    I ran EPR before resorting to Dr, and it worked! The patches installed successfully!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    what is a launcher parameter? Great work btw.
  18.    #1218  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drock.Adams View Post
    what is a launcher parameter? Great work btw.
    Some applications support launch parameters, for instance, the browser has a parameter for it to open some specific URL when launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Some applications support launch parameters, for instance, the browser has a parameter for it to open some specific URL when launched.
    We're considering supporting launch parameters in Govnah to select a user-defined profile.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20.    #1220  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We're considering supporting launch parameters in Govnah to select a user-defined profile.

-- Rod
    That would already allow some level of control from MS without any special support, although I think it would be also useful to be able to set different Govnah profile on mode close too not just startup which would not be possible currently.