32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 60 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 3326
  1.    #1181  
    So far I have re-factored the code in order to get the triggers and setting groups to be extensions and gone through the whole code in order to cleanup the code. I did the mistake that after fixing the last bug caused by the re-factoring I started to go through the code one more time. As a result I think I have covered the bug about modes not closing with time of day triggers. So now I am fixing / testing that as well and even the new release is over week from what I promised this might mean that it still goes for next day since it is already very late here. Wanted to keep those who are waiting for this release in the loop.

I have said this before, but will say this again. The upcoming release you should only install if you are experiencing problems with the 0.9.15. Since even I have tried to fix all reported bugs for the 0.9.16 release, due to the re-factoring there might be new bigger ones. The 0.9.17 release should once again be safe for all which I release during next week. The next release won't have this big changes so it should get released on time Also the network settings (2g/3g, data roaming, and maybe the voice roaming) will come in 0.9.17. The new mode "fallback" behavior I left out for now since not sure how it should work. I need to do some testing on that part which is most logical / best solution. And after 0.9.17 should only come one more fix/feature release and then 1.0.0 which goes into Preware feed.
    sconix,
    do you ever see the need for a 'negative' trigger; i.e. leaving your home wifi or gps area to turn off power hungry settings? if a mode is active and you leave, i know that mode will end and trigger something. but what if were home, not in any mode and leave (with a friend and so not on the car TS)- no mode ends and thus i'm guessing nothing will trigger, right?
    Ev
  3.    #1183  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    sconix,
    do you ever see the need for a 'negative' trigger; i.e. leaving your home wifi or gps area to turn off power hungry settings? if a mode is active and you leave, i know that mode will end and trigger something. but what if were home, not in any mode and leave (with a friend and so not on the car TS)- no mode ends and thus i'm guessing nothing will trigger, right?
    Ev
    I think I understand what you mean, but for this there are several roads to go. One would be this option for trigger that reverse the operation of the trigger. Then other is "mode" trigger that would allow closing of mode act as a trigger so you could do a mode that is active when home and work mode are not active for example. So then the mode would be triggered when ever you leave home or work mode. This of course requires for you to create home and work mode etc. So maybe it would not be a bad idea to also to add this reverse trigger option for those triggers that it makes sense. I'll have to think about this more when I get the 1.0.0 out, but not a bad idea.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    None of the triggers work for me.

I'm trying on wall charger and timer
  5.    #1185  
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    None of the triggers work for me.

I'm trying on wall charger and timer
    They should work, it is usually a miss understanding of the settings that causes problems. The known problems with triggers are rare combinations that are not working and these are gone in next release since now all triggers use the same interface and therefore the operation is much simpler than it was in previous versions. So most simple combinations like one charger + time trigger should be working just fine at least no one has reported any problems.
    when you roll out the next version will it show up on your feed as an upgrade to the allready installed ap? -- since the way the triggers work changes drastically will the new version of the ap need to be set up from scratch or will settings transfer?

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  7.    #1187  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    when you roll out the next version will it show up on your feed as an upgrade to the allready installed ap? -- since the way the triggers work changes drastically will the new version of the ap need to be set up from scratch or will settings transfer?

thanks
    Yes it will show up as normal update, thats why I have tried to warn people a bit that since this is still in beta phase it is usually not the best idea to update to every version. And the next release is one of these since ~80% of the code was re-factored so that the code is now modular and extensible, but like always with this big changes there might be stupid logic errors in the code. The settings should stay I have a settings version control system in place so I can always add code that updates the settings if changes appear. However with this big changes I am considering if I should reset the config one more time before / when 1.0.0 comes out. Since my version control system only covers few versions back and there are people using older versions and when they update to 1.0.0 I want everyone to have a working configuration and resetting the config might be the only way. The only thing thats sure is that after 1.0.0 I won't be braking the configuration format.
    this is my most used ap (if you don't count the super prekernel) thanks so much --just donated a small amount
    Last edited by mespiff; 04/28/2010 at 04:04 PM.
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    donated the other day, sconix. This app rules.
  10.    #1190  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    donated the other day, sconix. This app rules.
    Thanks, donations are greatly appreciated. And the app will only get better due time I haven't introduced a lot new features lately since the core of the app was a mess to add new things without braking the app, but with the new extension system adding new features will be a breeze. Of course the core still needs a bit work here and there, but I am generally very happy how the new version has turned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I think I understand what you mean, but for this there are several roads to go. One would be this option for trigger that reverse the operation of the trigger. Then other is "mode" trigger that would allow closing of mode act as a trigger so you could do a mode that is active when home and work mode are not active for example. So then the mode would be triggered when ever you leave home or work mode. This of course requires for you to create home and work mode etc. So maybe it would not be a bad idea to also to add this reverse trigger option for those triggers that it makes sense. I'll have to think about this more when I get the 1.0.0 out, but not a bad idea.
    yeah,
    For instance, you have 'TRIGGER A' to turn on something when enter home GPS range and off when leave. also have default mode.
    a while back I think we established that if you were in default mode at home and left home, nothing would happen since the Trigger A was not active to 'turn off' when left GPS range- same way a time trigger won't 'end' unless 'started' first even when you pass the trigger-end time. (i think this is what you're referring too in the red above- but it still seems to require a mode be active; there was also mention of changing trigger behavior in the new release to address it, so maybe it's been done already.)

so, there is no current way to trigger a mode when leaving home (assuming no charger in car, etc.) that i can see.
    sorry if i wasn't too clear before...things always sound crystal clear in one's own head
    Ev
    glad you're feelin' better!
  12.    #1192  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    yeah,
    For instance, you have 'TRIGGER A' to turn on something when enter home GPS range and off when leave. also have default mode.
    a while back I think we established that if you were in default mode at home and left home, nothing would happen since the Trigger A was not active to 'turn off' when left GPS range- same way a time trigger won't 'end' unless 'started' first even when you pass the trigger-end time. (i think this is what you're referring too in the red above- but it still seems to require a mode be active; there was also mention of changing trigger behavior in the new release to address it, so maybe it's been done already.)

so, there is no current way to trigger a mode when leaving home (assuming no charger in car, etc.) that i can see.
    sorry if i wasn't too clear before...things always sound crystal clear in one's own head
    Ev
    glad you're feelin' better!
    Yes currently no, but the infrastructure allows this type of reversed/negative feature for the triggers. And now when the triggers are separate modules I can implement this easily one trigger at a time. First I just have to fix the bugs and fine tune the core for 0.9.17/18 then I am all set for new features / triggers.

And thanks, for some odd reason I am not still 100% (I usually are sick only once in a year and it goes past fast), still cough left that tends to take part of my good night sleep.
    I love this app! I was running it fine before I did the update to 1.4.1.1 (am on verizion). I do have mode switcher working, but the System Menu Mode Menu will not install. It looks like it is failing on the postinst:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin /sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-mode-menu.postinst 2>&1

any suggestions?
    I'm also having trouble intalling system menu mode menu and today menus since 1.4.1.1 update...
    Will we see this on the Preware feed if we've uninstalled the previous version (I had to doctor, and I figured I'd just wait for the new release to reinstall MS and associated patches.
    After Iupdated to 1.4.1 MS would not open.
    I un/reinstalled and then it opened and is working and even kept my custome modes and setting for the default mode.

Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    I'm also having trouble intalling system menu mode menu and today menus since 1.4.1.1 update...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    After Iupdated to 1.4.1 MS would not open.
    I un/reinstalled and then it opened and is working and even kept my custome modes and setting for the default mode.
    I'm not referring to Mode Switcher, I'm referring to the patches that add the mode menu and today menus to the top bar. Mode Switcher is working fine, it's the patches that won't install.
    i will have to reinstall 1.4.1.1 sent me to the doctor -- will the new release be out soon?

thanks
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Just a Thought:
    Due to really Really bad GPS ob my (an many other's) Pre Plus the GPS Trigger is very ify.
    With 1.4 I tried someone's suggestion of opening the VZ Navigator App 1st - but that did not help.
    So far, with 1.4.1 that trick is making the GPS actually showing me where I am - rather than where Verizon or someone wants me to be (c:
    So may having a custom mode start up the VZ Nav might make that trigger work more often???? Just open and not buy that is!!
    (sorry - but almost 1200 post are Way too Many to Read!) Can a Custom Mode shut VZ Nav after a set period? I found that in order for it to make the GPS work all I have to do is Open VZ Nav and then close it.
    Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    Just a Thought:
    Due to really Really bad GPS ob my (an many other's) Pre Plus the GPS Trigger is very ify.
    With 1.4 I tried someone's suggestion of opening the VZ Navigator App 1st - but that did not help.
    So far, with 1.4.1 that trick is making the GPS actually showing me where I am - rather than where Verizon or someone wants me to be (c:
    So may having a custom mode start up the VZ Nav might make that trigger work more often???? Just open and not buy that is!!
    (sorry - but almost 1200 post are Way too Many to Read!) Can a Custom Mode shut VZ Nav after a set period? I found that in order for it to make the GPS work all I have to do is Open VZ Nav and then close it.
    Thanks!!
    I currently have a VZNav subscription so I can't verify this, but many people are saying 1.4.1.1 has fixed the GPS issue entirely...meaning opening VZNav is no longer necessary.