• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 6 of 167 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    I can verify the charger removing event is broken which most likely is the fault of those new patches. Will fix that now. At least with the topbarmenus patch the upper corner is working, maybe I have some mistake in those other patches. Will check this.

And the problem with the screen off feature is known and is mentioned in the bugs list I just haven't figured a way to get it to work and the same problem might effect the always on feature too. Since turning the screen on manually will cancel those features as you have noticed.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    I was just trying to set up a charging mode.. almost the same as the default mode. Just it swithces the BT off. So when I put it on the TS it swithces the mode and the BT goes off. When i remove it from the charger, it doesnt switch back to the default mode.. It should, right?

Im using the latest modeswitch patch and latest application version
    Yes it should, I broke this in last update will release fixed version today.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    I just installed the topbarmodeswitcher patch and still no luck. Everytime I close the app it will automatically go back to the default setting. I might have misunderstood the triggers, I am trying as the time trigger has already started but not on the charger. I thought once I charged it, the phone would then trigger that setting.
    If you have both time and charger trigger ON and have enabled the charger that you are connecting the mode should start when the phone is connected to the charger and the current time is between those time limits. The configuration app has to be closed for those triggers to work so if you leave it open it wont work. If you cannot get it to work try to explain the situation with more detail so I can try it myself. Since those triggers should work except the above bug (removing from charger doesn't work currently, fixed soon).
  4.    #104  
    Bug fix release. New release that should have the removing from charger trigger fixed (notice that you need to install new version of the patch and the app).

cdbillups I also changed the way how the top menu is updated so can you please try now and report back if it works or not.

New version in the usual place:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2180156

Those who were really quick please download and install 0.7.0 version of the app (there was small glitch with the 0.6.9).
    Last edited by sconix; 02/04/2010 at 12:16 PM.
    for the life of me I can't get this app to work. I got time of day on. All the chargers events is disabled. I set the time of day for an app to open an everytime it don't work. Autostart is On . And I got the activated switch on. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    for the life of me I can't get this app to work. I got time of day on. All the chargers events is disabled. I set the time of day for an app to open an everytime it don't work. Autostart is On . And I got the activated switch on. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Same here, I can change it from profile to the next manually but the time triggers don't work. When it's time to switch it just stays on the current profile.
  7.    #107  
    Those that are not able to get the time trigger to work, please try this simple case:

Create new mode, leave the auto start/close as they are, set time trigger to ON, and the to time at least 3 minutes from current time. Then exit the configuration app and if you still don't get a popup for changing mode then report back. If you get the mode switch this way then try to change those auto start/close as to your liking.

BTW: I am at IRCNET in #modeswitcher channel if somebody want's realtime help with the app (My nick is Yoppo)
    I finally got the pop up but what do Automation mean? I thought if it was disabled it wouldn't work
  9.    #109  
    I finally got the pop up but what do Automation mean? I thought if it was disabled it wouldn't work
    I know those names are misleading I changed those in the latest release (0.7.0).
    Disabled is now 'manual' which means that you have to select the mode manually to start from the popup or it will cancel after the timer. Then 'use timer' means it will start after the timer has counted down to 0 and 'immediate' which means that mode starts without the popup.

I hope those are more descriptive names. Other suggestions are of course welcomed. And the activation config is little confusing since all options are available even if the trigger is OFF and therefore I am currently altering the mode configuration view to be more intuitive and clearer.
    Okay I get it. I'll just have to keep messing around with this app til I know what everything do. Got to update when I get home. Thanks sconix
  11.    #111  
    Okay I get it. I'll just have to keep messing around with this app til I know what everything do. Got to update when I get home. Thanks sconix
    Your welcomed, and please do tell if something is confusing or cannot get to work etc. So I can try to make it better, any suggestions are always welcomed. Anyway this is still beta quality so there most likely are bugs etc. When I get the last features in then I have time to go through the code and fix those that haven't been found yet. And as I said I am in process of remaking the mode configuration view so that it allows expansion in the future and is (hopefully) more clearer to use.
    Ok. Work Mode ended and Default Mode kicked back in at 1630 today. The upper left corner updated correctly and all settings changed except for my volume. It should have went from half volume in Work Mode to full volume in Default Mode. Other than that, everything worked perfectly.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Ok. Work Mode ended and Default Mode kicked back in at 1630 today. The upper left corner updated correctly and all settings changed except for my volume. It should have went from half volume in Work Mode to full volume in Default Mode. Other than that, everything worked perfectly.
    It seems that the actual mode switching logic slowly starts to settle into stable side. I haven't even tested every configuration option through yet by myself so it's possible there are some mistakes. I will look into that right after I get the configuration UI remake release out of the door. I am pretty sure that the new configuration UI will be much better than the old one and hopefully it'll be ready by tomorrow. At least it'll allow feature extensions for the future. For example in near future it's possible to configure multiple time/location/charger triggers for the mode...
    Well school mode kicked in when it should have. But I also turned on the Vibrate Switch just to be safe. It did not conflict at all. BUT today around 12:30 I saw my phone's battery had drastically drained to 11%. As I was loading up precentral to post my complaint, my phone died. I have a strong feeling that Mode Switcher was the cause of this huge battery drain. I just hope it can be fixed soon.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Well school mode kicked in when it should have. But I also turned on the Vibrate Switch just to be safe. It did not conflict at all. BUT today around 12:30 I saw my phone's battery had drastically drained to 11%. As I was loading up precentral to post my complaint, my phone died. I have a strong feeling that Mode Switcher was the cause of this huge battery drain. I just hope it can be fixed soon.
    For me it is quite hard to see what could cause this battery drain in Mode Switcher. Since it wont run on background and mine battery consumption has been the same all the time. But since some people have reported this I will look into this after the next release. Couple things comes to mind that those who have battery consumption problem could try to keep eye on: Does the MS leave some settings enabled that could train the battery (for example IM on online mode which trains the battery quite well). And make sure that there isn't two version of MS installed on your Pre. And try to somehow determine the cause by seeing if it's a specific Mode that eats the battery or even a specific setting. Any help in finding the cause is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    For me it is quite hard to see what could cause this battery drain in Mode Switcher. Since it wont run on background and mine battery consumption has been the same all the time. But since some people have reported this I will look into this after the next release. Couple things comes to mind that those who have battery consumption problem could try to keep eye on: Does the MS leave some settings enabled that could train the battery (for example IM on online mode which trains the battery quite well). And make sure that there isn't two version of MS installed on your Pre. And try to somehow determine the cause by seeing if it's a specific Mode that eats the battery or even a specific setting. Any help in finding the cause is appreciated.
    I was using MS 0.6.8. I just installed 0.7.0 over my previous MS (hopefully that doesn't cause problems). My School Mode has IM Status as Offline. I'll try Default Mode with the new version today and I'll post up any bugs encounter.
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I was using MS 0.6.8. I just installed 0.7.0 over my previous MS (hopefully that doesn't cause problems). My School Mode has IM Status as Offline. I'll try Default Mode with the new version today and I'll post up any bugs encounter.
    Normally it should install over old version just fine, but at least I have had a situation with WQI that it somehow managed to install two different versions of the same application. You can see from the list of installed applications from your Pre (launcher, menu, list applications) if it's a case with you that if there is two Mode Switchers installed. Most likely there are not, but it does not hurt to see.
    Just installed 0.7.0 and it's working great.
    I just updated and for some reason I still can't get the wallpaper to change with an Time Trigger. I had the same settings for an app and it worked fine but when I add a wallpaper it doesn't work.
    --Marvin
    Wallpaper changes fine for me (or it has so far.) I have 3 modes all of which have their own wallpapers.