• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 58 of 167 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3326
    I don't know if this is possible, but cpu speed options would be amzing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    I'll be keen to work with sconix on this once the Govnah service enters beta testing.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #1143  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'll be keen to work with sconix on this once the Govnah service enters beta testing.

-- Rod
    Definitely something that can be done specially with the help of rwhitby. First I need to get the "stable" release of MS out which comes right after the current upcoming release + possible bug fix release or two. With this new code base I can finally quickly and painlessly start adding all those new features to the MS that are wanted. And hopefully others too due to the new separation of settings and triggers code into "extensions". This change has taken a bit more time I thought partly due to being sick last week, but also due to the huge amount of work that I have put into refactoring the code. If tonights testing don't reveal any bugs then I put the release out today, but if something comes up then tomorrow.
  4.    #1144  
    I hope my phone is not breaking since I need it for development of MS, but has anybody else experienced the following after 1.4.0/1.4.1:

Occasional screen not refreshing properly for example when minimized startup card is appearing the background has "smudges" for a while. And the other that sometimes very bright spot/area on the bottom of the screen when launching app, but that too disappears after second or two.

Currently these are happening very rarely, but at least could not find easily that if someone else has experienced these that are those maybe some bug that come with 1.4.x since they started around that time. Just asking here if somebody has heard something like this so my mind could go to rest instead of fearing that my Pre is breaking At least I have now moved back to mainly using emulator just to save my precious Pre in the development related things.
    I saw that using the original 800 mz patch but never got worse.
    +1. Would be great to have that option for the car, where streaming apps can really heat up the CPU at 800.
  7.    #1147  
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    I saw that using the original 800 mz patch but never got worse.
    I have not yet used any overclocking patches so thats why I am a bit worried that if these happen even with stock frequency since the effect is somehow typical for CPU or GPU doing mistakes. So was kinda hoping it would be some kernel/driver bug with 1.4.x releases, but maybe no. Well have to keep crossing my fingers that it goes away or at least wont get any worse.
    sconix I been getting the little spots to at the bottom with launching an app or the launcher. They go away 1.4.1.1 is still causing some issues. I still get the freezing of the phone and than a mode relaunch. I'm used to it all now.
  9.    #1149  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    sconix I been getting the little spots to at the bottom with launching an app or the launcher. They go away 1.4.1.1 is still causing some issues. I still get the freezing of the phone and than a mode relaunch. I'm used to it all now.
    I am hoping that the problem is from 1.4.x and goes away. BTW. the freezing of the phone is caused by the multiple service requests that are initiated when mode is changing and for some reason for example my phone wont freeze even under that heavy burden. I could fix this with setting small delays between the service request, but now when I am reading that those Java services are being replaced by javascript services by Palm at some point I think it is no use to put in the hack since upcoming WebOS versions will fix that issue. The mode relaunch hopefully is gone in next release if not then at least it contains debug information which I can use to flush out the bug.
    Is there any way to have wallpaper be a separate setting from screen brightness or is it palm-related that they must be together? I change brightness from mode to mode but rarely change the wallpaper, and if I do want to change the wallpaper on my phone I have to go into each mode individually to set the new wallpaper.

From thinking about it an easy workaround would be to set the wallpaper in MS to "MSWallpaper.png" and then just rename the new wallpaper I want to that each time I change it. I guess that is not that hard, hehe.
  11.    #1151  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Is there any way to have wallpaper be a separate setting from screen brightness or is it palm-related that they must be together? I change brightness from mode to mode but rarely change the wallpaper, and if I do want to change the wallpaper on my phone I have to go into each mode individually to set the new wallpaper.

From thinking about it an easy workaround would be to set the wallpaper in MS to "MSWallpaper.png" and then just rename the new wallpaper I want to that each time I change it. I guess that is not that hard, hehe.
    No it is not Palm related thing. I am just grouping the settings so that there are not dozens of settings to add to a mode, but so that you still can leave most of the settings out. Although I have thought that maybe for situations like yours I should reintroduce the default option (i.e. you could set any config as default that would mean that the setting is not changed). Or at least for settings like wallpaper I will add a option that use system wallpaper. This has been "onhold" just so that if I could figure out a much convenient / better way to do this.
    Sconix,

Do you know if MS can work with the Pixi? I've tried the recent versions of MS (9.14 and 9.15) and the result is the same: The card comes up and shows that it's loading, but nothing happens past that. I went through the thread and found this problem with others and I did try the reinstall method twice and nothing happened.

I downloaded a couple of older versions and am going to try those via WOSQI and see if those work. I've heard really good things about Mode Switcher and so I am trying all that I can to get it work on my Pixi.
    Cheers!
  13.    #1153  
    Quote Originally Posted by planet3rry View Post
    Sconix,

Do you know if MS can work with the Pixi? I've tried the recent versions of MS (9.14 and 9.15) and the result is the same: The card comes up and shows that it's loading, but nothing happens past that. I went through the thread and found this problem with others and I did try the reinstall method twice and nothing happened.

I downloaded a couple of older versions and am going to try those via WOSQI and see if those work. I've heard really good things about Mode Switcher and so I am trying all that I can to get it work on my Pixi.
    Cheers!
    I don't see a reason why it should not work at pixi at least on some level. The upcoming release should at least help if not even resolve the issue why some users are not able to start the app. At least with the new version I will try to resolve this issue.
    There's a couple of Apps in the Palm App Catalog that won't load up on the Pixi (for whatever reason).

I'm going to try a couple of the older versions and see what I find out
    I ended up taking this off my Pre as I have had to many problems with the phone freezing up which became very frustrating. Great idea but is still a bit to buggy for me.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

16.    #1156  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I ended up taking this off my Pre as I have had to many problems with the phone freezing up which became very frustrating. Great idea but is still a bit to buggy for me.
    What do you mean by freezing? I am not aware of any freezing caused by MS.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    What do you mean by freezing? I am not aware of any freezing caused by MS.
    My screen becomes useless, can not open anything, close anything, Launcher does not work, you can not do anything for approximately 30-120 seconds. Since I removed it I have not had the problem at all.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

18.    #1158  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    My screen becomes useless, can not open anything, close anything, Launcher does not work, you can not do anything for approximately 30-120 seconds. Since I removed it I have not had the problem at all.
    Even though you had those problems when MS was installed I don't think they are caused by MS at least would like you to try the next release. There has been one or two users that had some weird problems and they went away when they doctored their phones. So it is also possible that MS has brought up some problem with your WebOS installation. The launcher not showing for example cannot be caused by MS since MS does not do anything on the background. Only when mode is changed can MS effect the operation of the phone.

The first one actually could be caused by MS if you were using the screen off while charging setting otherwise no. Since even if the MS seems complex application it actually is not. What it does it only wakes up when mode is changing and it calls those services offered by WebOS for changing configuration. The only none WebOS supported feature is the screen off while charging. It is a bit of hack and when used it is possible that when screen is turned on. but the touch screen is not. This should be fixed in next release. As should those 2 other bugs that are reported.

So if you want you can try the next version (0.9.16) it has the only major bug (that I am aware of, the garbage collector causing service request not completing) fixed that could even remotely cause any weird problems. If the latest version still causes problems then by providing messages log file I can see if there is a problems caused by the MS and fix them.
    I tried install version 9.10, 9.11, 9.12 and 9.13 via WOSQI and still same result.

I see that 9.16 has been uploaded, so I am downloading it from Preware and will let you know how that works out. Thanks a bunch!
  20.    #1160  
    Quote Originally Posted by planet3rry View Post
    I tried install version 9.10, 9.11, 9.12 and 9.13 via WOSQI and still same result.

I see that 9.16 has been uploaded, so I am downloading it from Preware and will let you know how that works out. Thanks a bunch!
    Where do you see 0.9.16? It should not be still available since I am still finishing the code And as far as I know I haven yet packaged any package with that version. Still have to wait until tomorrow for the 0.9.16 to hit the feed. Sorry about the delay, but I want to test this release properly before releasing.

EDIT: The versions before 0.9.16 has the same initiation code so it makes sense that they don't work. The 0.9.16 has a bit different, but I doubt it makes a difference in Pixi. The thing that you could look for is the /etc/palm/luna.conf file in the device. And make sure that mode switcher appid is there with the applications to be launched on luna boot. Just to make sure that the patch has done its job. Since the app wont start if it is not started when luna is started. But there are currently few new users on Pre also that cannot start MS so it can be the same problem with you. The new version has debugging info that should help me to figure out is it MS fault is it the WebOS that is unwilling to start MS on boot with some installations.
    Last edited by sconix; 04/26/2010 at 03:01 PM.