• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 57 of 167 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3326
  1.    #1121  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    This is a very good app. I just installed all the patches and app and I created some Modes, I use the Mode switcher Menu to manully change between them, but I only have a problem which is:
    The default Mode keeps reloading from time to time and every a couple of minutes or hours, while I'm outdoor I keep my Outdoor mode active with Data On, then I discovers that the default Mode is reloading! This is a problem to me, even now while I'm writing this reply I'm using Night Mode and suddnly the Default Mode reloading it self while I don't want it to run automatically! How can I stop that please?!
    This is a known problem that some people are having. The next release will hopefully fix this. At least the next version will hold some debug logging that will help in resolving why this is happening, but I believe that this is fixed in next release. Should be out tomorrow night or at the latest on Monday night.
    In the couple days I have used this app it has become one of my favorite things about my phone. I honestly didn't know how useful it could be until I started using it.

sconix, I don't expect your help with this because I know your busy with the development of the app itself, but I was wondering if someone could help me with the parameters part of app launching. I would like a parameter set that would open one of my alarms for editing, I would like a parameter that opens the app utiliphone to the tally counter, and I would like to be able to have various modes have different cpuscaleruber settings. If it's possible to do those could someone tell me how or explain to me how I would figure it out?

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by JamMasterClay; 04/24/2010 at 02:03 AM.
  3.    #1123  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    In the couple days I have used this app it has become one of my favorite things about my phone. I honestly didn't know how useful it could be until I started using it.

sconix, I don't expect your help with this because I know your busy with the development of the app itself, but I was wondering if someone could help me with the parameters part of app launching. I would like a parameter set that would open one of my alarms for editing, and I would like a parameter that opens the app utiliphone to the tally counter. If it's possible to do those could someone tell me how or explain to me how I would figure it out?

Thank you very much!
    Thanks, actually not so busy just now since I am still sick and not feeling 100% maybe 50-70% curently, at least finally starting feeling better so maybe tomorrow I am already full speed with the coding. At least I have desided that tomorrow I am well (hopefully my body agrees)

I can help you that much that when ever you want to know if some app supports parameters just download the application and unpack (or retrieve the file from your device with WOSQI) and seek for a file <appdir>/app/assistants/app-assistant.jsjsjs $or$ $with$ $Palm$ $apps$ $replace$ $the$ $assistants$ $directory$ $with$ $controllers$. $Then$ $look$ $for$ $that$ $file$ $it$ $has$ $the$ $launch$ $function$ $that$ $gets$ $parameters$ $as$ $a$ $parameter$ $and$ $then$ $you$ $can$ $see$ $from$ $that$ $file$ $what$ $type$ $of$ $parameters$ $the$ $app$ $tries$ $to$ $parse$/$handle$.

So it needs a bit of understanding of Javascript code, but even with very little understanding you shuold be able pick up the names of the parameter keys that you can use and experiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well the donations are of course appreciated even the small ones and the link is:
    [URL][IMG]

Future plans (maybe after a week I address these) for the patches are:

Hide quick launch:

- ability to set hide quick launch only in app launcher or everywhere

System menus framework:

- wider icons area on top bar
    - make it so that it wont edit systemui.css

Today menu:

- a bit smaller font for event names.
    - special handling of weather forecast in google calendar
    - ability to view through more days (upto to a week)
    - maybe a ability to view event end time lets see if can figure out a nice way

Have to see if I can figure a nice way to add short cut for adding new appointment as well
    -ability to hide past events?
    -ability to open calendar in week/month view?

sorry you are still feeling sick. Appreciate ur dedication. Congrats on ur thesis. Good luck w job hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhiggins5 View Post

sorry you are still feeling sick. Appreciate ur dedication. Congrats on ur thesis. Good luck w job hunt!
    There's a patch to open in month or week view directly, but I'd say that since in this bar u see day events it's no big sense probably to open week/month view from here when u can do it as fast clicking on calendar app....

hiding past events seems though really nice idea, mostly when u have many events in a day.
  6.    #1126  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhiggins5 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by memfel View Post
    There's a patch to open in month or week view directly, but I'd say that since in this bar u see day events it's no big sense probably to open week/month view from here when u can do it as fast clicking on calendar app....

hiding past events seems though really nice idea, mostly when u have many events in a day.
    Yes the hiding of past events will come and I think I will do it in the following way. Past events will be shown once as grayed out (i.e. the first time when you open the menu and the events are past). Then next time they are not shown anymore. So when you see a past event you can still click it to go to calendar to change the event time into the future if it is changed etc. Then after the first time you have seen them they are not shown so the space is saved for events that are still coming. Or other option would be that events from past hour or two are shown but no older. Currently the first one feels better option so you still see the events at first view if you have forgot something even it was many hours ago.

Then the opening your calendar in default view will also come in a way that if you click the day in the menu it will open the calendar in your default view.
    Haven't posted for awhile, but I am still using MS. I have stuck with an older version that does all that I need to do for now, but I keep watching the development and appreciate all you are doing sconix.

With all due respect - you know I like your stuff - I wanted to point out that there is a homebrew called Agenda over here that does much of what the Today patch is attempting to do - just that it is an app instead of a patch.

I am sure that many folks will prefer the top bar patch method, but thought I would call attention to another option.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, sconix. I hope you continue to improve.
  8.    #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    Haven't posted for awhile, but I am still using MS. I have stuck with an older version that does all that I need to do for now, but I keep watching the development and appreciate all you are doing sconix.

With all due respect - you know I like your stuff - I wanted to point out that there is a homebrew called Agenda over here that does much of what the Today patch is attempting to do - just that it is an app instead of a patch.

I am sure that many folks will prefer the top bar patch method, but thought I would call attention to another option.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, sconix. I hope you continue to improve.
    It is good to stick to older version at least until the app hits 1.0.0 The old code base was a bit hard to keep intact when adding features, but this almost full rewrote has fixed that part and I am pretty happy with the new code base and future trigger/settings additions cannot brake the basic functionality of the app anymore.

I was not aware just that app, but was quite sure that there is a app for this. And it is always good to have options and I don't mind you bringing the app up. I am not a big fan of making appointments or heavy user of calendar so the patch suits me perfectly since those rare occasions when I have a calendar event I can always quickly see that did it happened to be today So the today patch will never replace a full blown agenda app etc. The future updates are mainly directed to a way that it uses the small space as efficiently as it can (hence the smaller font and hiding old events) then I am happy with the patch.

And yes I have continued feeling better, the lying down doing pretty much nothing has worked much better than trying to code and doing sports, who would have thought So definitely back in coding shape tomorrow...
    can someone help. i can't get the patches to go through. the keep failing

1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    lock
  10.    #1130  
    Quote Originally Posted by buddytammy View Post
    can someone help. i can't get the patches to go through. the keep failing

1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    lock
    Do you happen to have hide quick launch patch installed? If yes then seek info from this thread for replacement patch that's compatible. If not then some other patch is conflicting.
    i do have that one. duh i forgot. i will look for the info.THANKS
    Do you happen to have hide quick launch patch installed? If yes then seek info from this thread for replacement patch that's compatible. If not then some other patch is conflicting.
    I also have the hide quick launch bar installed and therefore can't install your system menu initial framework patch. I searched this thread and see that your hide quick launch bar in app launcher remix will work with your system menu patches. While this is great that it hides it in the app launcher, I prefer to have the quick launcher hidden all the time. Have you created a patch that hides the quick launcher all the time that is compatible with the system menu patches? Or would it be possible have both via uninstalling the hide quick launch patch, then install the system menu patches, then reinstall the hide quick launch patch?
  13.    #1133  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    I also have the hide quick launch bar installed and therefore can't install your system menu initial framework patch. I searched this thread and see that your hide quick launch bar in app launcher remix will work with your system menu patches. While this is great that it hides it in the app launcher, I prefer to have the quick launcher hidden all the time. Have you created a patch that hides the quick launcher all the time that is compatible with the system menu patches? Or would it be possible have both via uninstalling the hide quick launch patch, then install the system menu patches, then reinstall the hide quick launch patch?
    I think I have mentioned this already, but what the hell typing is free So yes mine patch will only hide QL in app launcher, but for those that cannot accept that, there will be update to my patch maybe during next week or right after that, so that it will allow you to select that hide QL always or only in app launcher. The patch might come with different appid though, but will be posting here when its out.
    I think I have mentioned this already, but what the hell typing is free So yes mine patch will only hide QL in app launcher, but for those that cannot accept that, there will be update to my patch maybe during next week or right after that, so that it will allow you to select that hide QL always or only in app launcher. The patch might come with different appid though, but will be posting here when its out.
    Good deal, and sorry for not seeing where you posted this before. I just found this thread and read most of the posts, but given there are 50+ pages I missed it

Thanks for the quick response and thanks for all the hard work in developing this app and the associated patches.
    I'll donate more money (or beer) if you can make your hide launcher patch work with the Named Pages patch....

Thanks,
    Manny
    Donation Confirmation Number:
    9WL612026B702424X
    I have a quick question -- does each mode require some memory to be watching for trigger conditions? and if so do you get more battery drain the more custom modes you use?

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  17.    #1137  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    I'll donate more money (or beer) if you can make your hide launcher patch work with the Named Pages patch....

Thanks,
    Manny
    Donation Confirmation Number:
    9WL612026B702424X
    I'll see what I can do about that when I get to the patches after next week. And thanks for the donation!
  18.    #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I have a quick question -- does each mode require some memory to be watching for trigger conditions? and if so do you get more battery drain the more custom modes you use?

thanks
    The current triggers should not introduce any battery drain or at least only very minimum. The GPS trigger of course is the most draining trigger, but it neither should cause noticeable battery drain at least when I get it fully ready and optimized. And at least current triggers are not memory hogs neither. And for example the GPS trigger works in a way that it has almost the same effect on battery even if you have 10 GPS trigger modes than if you have one. So even the amount of custom modes / triggers should not introduce any noticeable battery drain / memory usage.
    This is really great stuff, thanks!

I was wondering if you can include enable/disable the blinking notification? I like to turn that off when I sleep so the light doesn't wake me

Sorry you've been sick, hope you feel better soon.
  20.    #1140  
    Quote Originally Posted by webfellow View Post
    This is really great stuff, thanks!

I was wondering if you can include enable/disable the blinking notification? I like to turn that off when I sleep so the light doesn't wake me

Sorry you've been sick, hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks. It is very likely that the blinking will also make its way to the supported settings at some point. I am feeling better now, maybe 90% of normal state Let's see if I can push new release today or will the last bit of coding and testing afterwards reveal some bugs so that I'll have to leave the releasing for tomorrow.