32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 55 of 167 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That usually means you've incorrectly installed an armv7 package on the emulator - you need i686 packages.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,
    i gave up on my main pc and tried a new install of all components on laptop (never installed before). used webosqi to put preware and pkg manager and went straight for test of 'add date mm/dd period...' which installed the lsdiff and gnu patch- i watched and the packages were labeled i686. i still get the error, unfortunately when trying any dependent patch. log is below.

could there somehow be an error in the installation of lsdiff and /or gnu?? i really want to try and learn this and i'm not off to a good start. i also feel i should move the questions elsewhere so not to clog this thread- where should i put/start it?

install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-add-date-mm-dd-period-as-delimiter
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-add-date-mm-dd-period-as-delimiter (1.4.1-1) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.1-1_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-add-date-mm-dd-period-as-delimiter

postinst
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/patch: line 2: syntax error: ")" unexpected

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/lsdiff: line 2: syntax error: ")" unexpected

Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-add-date-mm-dd-period-as-delimiter from root...failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

thanks
    Ev
    Last edited by everette13; 04/22/2010 at 02:50 PM.
    What happens when one mode ends and the next mode begins at the same hour and minute? Is there any conflict?
    Or...what happens when there is an overlap between one mode starting the previous mode ending (like mode 2 starts of 7:00 and mode 1 ends at 7:05? Any conflicts?
    Thanks.
  3.    #1083  
    Quote Originally Posted by arniep View Post
    What happens when one mode ends and the next mode begins at the same hour and minute? Is there any conflict?
    Or...what happens when there is an overlap between one mode starting the previous mode ending (like mode 2 starts of 7:00 and mode 1 ends at 7:05? Any conflicts?
    Thanks.
    Actually not sure if I have tested the first case. I think it should be fine. I have to make sure for next release though. For the second there is no problems. The mode that is set to start at 7:00 will be started and the ending of mode at 7.05 is ignored since it is not the current mode anymore.
    Thanks for the quick reply! One more question, just to make sure I understand...
    When one mode ends, the settings revert to the default settings until another mode starts? Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Actually not sure if I have tested the first case. I think it should be fine. I have to make sure for next release though. For the second there is no problems. The mode that is set to start at 7:00 will be started and the ending of mode at 7.05 is ignored since it is not the current mode anymore.
  5.    #1085  
    Quote Originally Posted by arniep View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply! One more question, just to make sure I understand...
    When one mode ends, the settings revert to the default settings until another mode starts? Is that correct?
    Yes, the current working scheme is that only one mode can be active and when no modes are active the default mode gets activated. More options for the mode activation logic are coming.
    Try now, it should now install the patch from WebOS internals feed. Only the app is anymore available in my feed. As soon as I have working new release the app will make its way to WebOS internals feed, but have been in bed most of the time today since I am not feeling any better so it still going to take day or two when I get the release out.

There is only 1.4.1 version available of the start MS on luna boot patch. I hope nobody is not running 1.4.0 anymore.
    All us Verizon flunkies are running 1.4.0. They have not gotten around to pushing the 1.4.1.1 update yet.
  7.    #1087  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    All us Verizon flunkies are running 1.4.0. They have not gotten around to pushing the 1.4.1.1 update yet.
    Good to know, thanks. I will push 1.4.0 version of the patch to the WebOS Internals feed. So then hopefully everyone are happy or at least after next week when everything including the app is in one single feed
    I have a question about how a Time of Day Trigger works.

I have two custom modes setup:

1.) Work, Trigger: Time of Day (8:00AM - 5:00PM)
    2.) Charge, Trigger: Plug in for Charging.

If I am at work an it is lets say around 1PM, and the mode is currently in Work mode. I then proceed to plug in my charger, and it switches to Charging mode. After a while(let's say around 3PM) I unplug the charger, and I would expect it to switch back to Work mode. However, it instead switches to default. I am guessing what is happening is that the trigger only occurs when the start or end time is reached, and doesn't go out to see if the current is between the two. Is that correct?
  9.    #1089  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockandchelle View Post
    I have a question about how a Time of Day Trigger works.

I have two custom modes setup:

1.) Work, Trigger: Time of Day (8:00AM - 5:00PM)
    2.) Charge, Trigger: Plug in for Charging.

If I am at work an it is lets say around 1PM, and the mode is currently in Work mode. I then proceed to plug in my charger, and it switches to Charging mode. After a while(let's say around 3PM) I unplug the charger, and I would expect it to switch back to Work mode. However, it instead switches to default. I am guessing what is happening is that the trigger only occurs when the start or end time is reached, and doesn't go out to see if the current is between the two. Is that correct?
    Yes it currently works like that, I was already planning to change this for the upcoming release that it would revert back to work mode in that situation, but after extra thought I will postpone it for next release. The code is already there I just have to think it through that should it do that also with manually activated modes or only with triggered modes. Anyway change for this is coming very soon.
    Try now, it should now install the patch from WebOS internals feed. Only the app is anymore available in my feed. As soon as I have working new release the app will make its way to WebOS internals feed, but have been in bed most of the time today since I am not feeling any better so it still going to take day or two when I get the release out.

There is only 1.4.1 version available of the start MS on luna boot patch. I hope nobody is not running 1.4.0 anymore.
    us verizon folks are still on 1.4 -- please don't forget about us
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  11.    #1091  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    us verizon folks are still on 1.4 -- please don't forget about us
    No I wont don't worry I already send the patch with support for both 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 . It should be available in the WebOS Internals feed within few days I suppose.
    The patches in the WebOS Internals feed are the exactly same than in my feed, but with different appid. The next 2 versions of the app will be released in my feed, but after that everything will be going only in the WebOS Internals feed. So at some point everybody have to move to those versions. And the switching process is just uninstalling the patches / app that are installed from my feed and then installing them again from the WebOS Internals feed.

So for now it is already possible to switch the patches, but the app itself is not yet in the internals feed.
    I know this is late, but thanks for your response! Sounds great!
    This is very cool! Thanks for creating this Patch! I love the fact that I can now access my Google Calender, from within the Top-Bar!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    This is very cool! Thanks for creating this Patch! I love the fact that I can now access my Google Calender, from within the Top-Bar!
    hi, do u have any theme installed with this patch? thanks
    wow awasome, this is a major innovation here! I have to comend you for this one! Palm seriously needs to hire you for what you9e done with this app and now a today patch? Seriosuly would you be ok with me actually contacting palm and seeing if they would look into hiring you to work on this? I think these type of things would actually attract people to the platform and with as talented as you seem, I think you could really add more to the platform!!

anyway I do have a few questions.

first off, how do I make a mode close automatically if it had a trigger to start, for example I take off the touchstone. If it's supposed to do it, it doesn't.

I was thinking can you add trigers for things like low battery, date (which could either end after that date or continue, making it easy to have special settings for holidays or birthdays and even seasons)

any chance of working with the switcharoo guy to assign the folder in which switcharoo switches photos?

anyway still wow, love this! I wish I had extra money to donate but will seriously send an email to pam with your permision.
    Very nice app.
    U should recall us which is the way to give u some support...viz. how we could donate smth!
    this app and the patches are really valuable and incredibly useful!

btw, any plan to add smth like an option to add an appointment in the today top menu? that would be great too!but...there's not much more to ask than what's already there!))
  18.    #1098  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    wow awasome, this is a major innovation here! I have to comend you for this one! Palm seriously needs to hire you for what you9e done with this app and now a today patch? Seriosuly would you be ok with me actually contacting palm and seeing if they would look into hiring you to work on this? I think these type of things would actually attract people to the platform and with as talented as you seem, I think you could really add more to the platform!!

anyway I do have a few questions.

first off, how do I make a mode close automatically if it had a trigger to start, for example I take off the touchstone. If it's supposed to do it, it doesn't.

I was thinking can you add trigers for things like low battery, date (which could either end after that date or continue, making it easy to have special settings for holidays or birthdays and even seasons)

any chance of working with the switcharoo guy to assign the folder in which switcharoo switches photos?

anyway still wow, love this! I wish I had extra money to donate but will seriously send an email to pam with your permision.
    Well I am soon out of job since my contract of making my master thesis for University is ending since I finished it and I should start looking up work so any promotion is good Maybe Palm is out of my abilities, but seriously I am partly doing the MS so that in interviews I can say that I have managed to get something done for public use. Until MS all that I have coded / implemented in Linux world has stayed on my personal use. I am just graduating from Embedded Systems so I most likely end up on that field, but sadly here in Finland I think the only option is Nokia or companies working for Nokia which means that only option is Maemo/MeeGo Linux platform, but I really like WebOS much more. It just feels much more "current" OS than MeeGo.

If you have mode that has charger trigger and have mode starting/closing set to some other than only manually then it should close the mode when removed from the charger. But the current version has a garbage collector bug which might effect even this since it appears in a way that for some people in some situations those system calls disappear. This should be fixed in next release.

I did not get what to you mean by 'any chance of working with the switcharoo guy to assign the folder in which switcharoo switches photos?' partly because not familiar with the subject what it does.

Anyway thanks for the kind words, when I am well again which is hopefully tomorrow. Already feeling bit better. I have quite nicely free time to work on MS and the patches so expect lots of new release in near future. And my summer holiday is already starting soon even though I still have job until end of July since I have to use all those 30+ holiday days =)

EDIT: missed one of the questions, battery trigger is coming and plenty of others. There was a post few posts ago about the triggers planned in near future. The next version also have triggers and setting groups converted into separate "plugins" so other could also implement them more easily.
    Last edited by sconix; 04/23/2010 at 03:23 AM.
  19.    #1099  
    Quote Originally Posted by memfel View Post
    U should recall us which is the way to give u some support...viz. how we could donate smth!
    this app and the patches are really valuable and incredibly useful!

btw, any plan to add smth like an option to add an appointment in the today top menu? that would be great too!but...there's not much more to ask than what's already there!))
    Well the donations are of course appreciated even the small ones and the link is:

Future plans (maybe after a week I address these) for the patches are:

Hide quick launch:

- ability to set hide quick launch only in app launcher or everywhere

System menus framework:

- wider icons area on top bar
    - make it so that it wont edit systemui.css

Today menu:

- a bit smaller font for event names.
    - special handling of weather forecast in google calendar
    - ability to view through more days (upto to a week)
    - maybe a ability to view event end time lets see if can figure out a nice way

Have to see if I can figure a nice way to add short cut for adding new appointment as well
    Quote Originally Posted by JacoVasquez View Post
    Can't install it says

An Error Occurred: Return Value; 22

If anybody can help I will be most grateful Thnx.

I have the same problem.