19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 54 of 167 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3326
  1.    #1061  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    sconix,
    i wanted to try to learn and contribute as you suggested and installed latest SDK emulator, VBVBVB $etc$. $on$ $windows$ $vista$ $64$ $bit$. $installed$ $OK$, $but$ $can$'$t$ $even$ $get$ $past$ $installing$ '$top$ $menu$' $patches$- $lsdiff$ $and$ $gnu$ $patch$ $install$, $but$ $when$ $try$ $to$ $apply$ $any$ $patch$ $from$ $this$ $section$, $an$ $error$ $says$ POSTINST media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/lsdiff (or 'patch'): line 2 syntax error: ")" unexpected. can't find solution on forum or google. can someone point me in direction of why not working?
    I haven't never bumped into this kind of problem and actually don't have a clue why and what the error is about .
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    sconix,
    i wanted to try to learn and contribute as you suggested and installed latest SDK emulator, VBVBVB $etc$. $on$ $windows$ $vista$ $64$ $bit$. $installed$ $OK$, $but$ $can$'$t$ $even$ $get$ $past$ $installing$ '$top$ $menu$' $patches$- $lsdiff$ $and$ $gnu$ $patch$ $install$, $but$ $when$ $try$ $to$ $apply$ $any$ $patch$ $from$ $this$ $section$, $an$ $error$ $says$ POSTINST media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/lsdiff (or 'patch'): line 2 syntax error: ")" unexpected. can't find solution on forum or google. can someone point me in direction of why not working?
    That usually means you've incorrectly installed an armv7 package on the emulator - you need i686 packages.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hm two things I noticed: a) not all dependencies are set properly, e.g. if you install the today topbar patch it does not auto instal the framework. B) the is a launch mode switcher on boot patch in the official feed but not the mode switcher. This is confusing for new users and means that the dependencies can not be right cause in my opinion the patch depends on the app.
  4.    #1064  
    Quote Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
    Hm two things I noticed: a) not all dependencies are set properly, e.g. if you install the today topbar patch it does not auto instal the framework. B) the is a launch mode switcher on boot patch in the official feed but not the mode switcher. This is confusing for new users and means that the dependencies can not be right cause in my opinion the patch depends on the app.
    At least I said that the patches need the dependency, I'll have to see why it was not added and fix it. The launch patch is not dependent on the app its the other way round, the app is dependent on the patch. And the app is making its way to the feed. It just takes couple days. Meanwhile it does not hurt to have that launch MS patch installed.
    Do you think a roam only option could be added to the mode switcher? At work I need to have my phone on roam only since sprints coverage isn't very good there. Thanks for the app and patches! Very handy!
  6.    #1066  
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    Do you think a roam only option could be added to the mode switcher? At work I need to have my phone on roam only since sprints coverage isn't very good there. Thanks for the app and patches! Very handy!
    Yes, I can add it at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At least I said that the patches need the dependency, I'll have to see why it was not added and fix it. The launch patch is not dependent on the app its the other way round, the app is dependent on the patch. And the app is making its way to the feed. It just takes couple days. Meanwhile it does not hurt to have that launch MS patch installed.
    Well, the text mentions dependencies, but some officially have it some don't
    Oh, if the dependency is the other way round, then the patch just does not work for me... "1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.rej"
    Any known conflicts?
    Quote Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
    Well, the text mentions dependencies, but some officially have it some don't
    Oh, if the dependency is the other way round, then the patch just does not work for me... "1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.rej"
    Any known conflicts?
    Load brightness unlinked at luna reboot
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Hey Sconix, love the new patch for today menu. Was curious, do you have a way for it to play nice with the Hide Quick Launch Bar patch. I have grown very fond of this patch out of all of them due to the fact that I dont have to lock my phone because non-Pre users have no clue how to pull up anything. So if I could get them both to work I would be set.
    thanks for all your hard work!
    -dan
  10.    #1070  
    Quote Originally Posted by dan94darling View Post
    Hey Sconix, love the new patch for today menu. Was curious, do you have a way for it to play nice with the Hide Quick Launch Bar patch. I have grown very fond of this patch out of all of them due to the fact that I dont have to lock my phone because non-Pre users have no clue how to pull up anything. So if I could get them both to work I would be set.
    thanks for all your hard work!
    -dan
    I will add the ability to hide quick launch completely in my hide QL in app launcher patch. I most likely do this within the next week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I will add the ability to hide quick launch completely in my hide QL in app launcher patch. I most likely do this within the next week or two.
    That would be great. Will it do an update patch or should I just keep an eye out for it?
  12.    #1072  
    Quote Originally Posted by dan94darling View Post
    That would be great. Will it do an update patch or should I just keep an eye out for it?
    I think it will be with an different appid, but at least I always post a message on this thread when I publish something new.
    Ok, so I looked through the first 10 pages of this thread for a post that gave instructions on how to configure this app. I can't find it. If there is one, can you please post a link?

I started writing out the questions I have, but got to 10 fairly detailed questions and decided I really just needed to read the usage instructions first. Are those available?
    Twitter: dullgeek
  14.    #1074  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Ok, so I looked through the first 10 pages of this thread for a post that gave instructions on how to configure this app. I can't find it. If there is one, can you please post a link?

I started writing out the questions I have, but got to 10 fairly detailed questions and decided I really just needed to read the usage instructions first. Are those available?
    There is the help in the app menu. It explains every option, but I know it is not very comprehensive. It should get you started anyway. When I have more time I write better help page. The basic idea is that you create custom mode for which you can set settings that it alters, apps that it starts and triggers that start/close the mode automatically if you want. Default mode is the mode that is active when no other mode is. At some point there will most likely be some kind of wizard etc. that helps in creating most common modes like night mode etc. Or predefined modes.
    Ok. And that's available here: http://wee.e-lnx.org/webos/help/modeswitcher.html
  16.    #1076  
    Yes, but unfortunately that is all the help at the moment. If some none technical person that has studied the app would like to write better help page it would be nice . I have bit problems explaining things clearly, but will try to make better help at some point.
    So, should we remove the previous feed and get all our patches from the official Preware feed? I tried to uninstall all my "old" feed patches and install all the Preware feed patches but when I installed ModeSwitcher again it said it was dependent on an "old" feed patch.
    Here are the modes that I'd like to set up:
    • Charge:
      • Trigger: phone is connected to any charger (usb, touchstone, wall)
      • On Enter: kill (if running) Battery Monitor app
      • On Exit: start Battery Monitor app
      • Misc: all other running apps and settings retain their state on Enter/Exit
    • Home:
      • Trigger: GPS w/in 100M of my home
      • On Enter: Turn on Wifi
      • On Exit: Turn off Wifi
    • Work:
      • Trigger: GPS w/in 100M of my office
      • On Enter: Turn off Wifi
      • On Exit: nothing

Questions:
    1. It seems like I could implement charger mode, by starting Battery Monitor in all other modes and then specifying that it get killed when leaving all other modes. There are two problems that I see with this.
      1. I really don't want to kill and restart the app if I'm going from HOME to default. The only time I want the app killed is if I put it on the charger.
      2. The app appears to be able to kill all apps, not specifically one. I don't want all my apps killed. Just Battery Monitor.

Is there something that I'm missing?
    2. If I set up a charger mode, and I put my phone on the charger while at home, I'll leave Home mode, right? Which means that it will turn off wifi while on the charger. Do I have that right? Is there a way to make these modes cumulative? E.g. I haven't left the GPS area of my home, so I want wifi on, but I have put it on the charger, so I don't want Battery Monitor running.
  19.    #1079  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    So, should we remove the previous feed and get all our patches from the official Preware feed? I tried to uninstall all my "old" feed patches and install all the Preware feed patches but when I installed ModeSwitcher again it said it was dependent on an "old" feed patch.
    Try now, it should now install the patch from WebOS internals feed. Only the app is anymore available in my feed. As soon as I have working new release the app will make its way to WebOS internals feed, but have been in bed most of the time today since I am not feeling any better so it still going to take day or two when I get the release out.

There is only 1.4.1 version available of the start MS on luna boot patch. I hope nobody is not running 1.4.0 anymore.
  20.    #1080  
    Here are the modes that I'd like to set up:
    • Charge:
      • Trigger: phone is connected to any charger (usb, touchstone, wall)
      • On Enter: kill (if running) Battery Monitor app
      • On Exit: start Battery Monitor app
    • Home:
      • Trigger: GPS w/in 100M of my home
      • On Enter: Turn on Wifi
      • On Exit: Turn off Wifi
    • Work:
      • Trigger: GPS w/in 100M of my office
      • On Enter: Turn off Wifi
      • On Exit: nothing

Questions:
    1. It seems like I could implement charger mode, by starting Battery Monitor in all other modes and then specifying that it get killed when leaving all other modes. There are two problems that I see with this.
      1. I really don't want to kill and restart the app if I'm going from HOME to default. The only time I want the app killed is if I put it on the charger.
      2. The app appears to be able to kill all apps, not specifically one. I don't want all my apps killed. Just Battery Monitor.

Is there something that I'm missing?
    2. If I set up a charger mode, and I put my phone on the charger while at home, I'll leave Home mode, right? Which means that it will turn off wifi while on the charger. Do I have that right? Is there a way to make these modes cumulative? E.g. I haven't left the GPS area of my home, so I want wifi on, but I have put it on the charger, so I don't want Battery Monitor running.
    No you are not missing anything the application start/close support is still in very early steps. As soon as I get this major code cleanup / rework release out and tested the new features will come in quite good speed so the app starting will get more features at some point.

And also the cumulative mode activation is not yet possible, so only one mode actively currently and if it does not have some settings set then they are taken from default mode. This is also changing in near future.