32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 53 of 167 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If someone has installed the new today or mode menu patch from the WebOS Internals feed withing the last few hours (the version 1.4.0-40 or 1.4.1-10) or can install it withing next two hours then please report if it worked. Since for the next 2 hours I am at my computer and if there still is some serious bug in the packages I can remove them from the feed. I tested them on my phone and in emulator, but still you never can be sure when it works only for yourself.
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2396439
    there are couple of reports for this to work with the update from today.
  2.    #1042  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2396439
    there are couple of reports for this to work with the update from today.
    Was not aware of that thread so thanks. The whole reason for the first version not working was that I forgot to add the actual menu files for the patch. Did not know that the WebOS takes it that badly that if they are missing, but now I know so will be more careful in the future.
    hi. just tried it (today patch) and i get an install error...
    Sconix,

Is it still this feed: 'http://wee.e-lnx.org/webos/feeds/stable' Compressed ON? I do not see any updates. The ones that are there fail to install.

Thanks,
  5.    #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Sconix,

Is it still this feed: 'http://wee.e-lnx.org/webos/feeds/stable' Compressed ON? I do not see any updates. The ones that are there fail to install.

Thanks,
    Yes that is still the my feed. If you are talking about the patches they are now also in the WebOS internals feed. If they fail to install then you have some conflicting patch installed. There are not many but at least one or two.
  6.    #1046  
    hi. just tried it (today patch) and i get an install error...
    It most likely conflicts with some patch that you have installed. If you can tell where it fails from the ipkg log I might be able to say that what patch is the culprit.
    It most likely conflicts with some patch that you have installed. If you can tell where it fails from the ipkg log I might be able to say that what patch is the culprit.
    this is the error i'm getting:

install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework (1.4.1-9) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.1-9_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework

unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework from root...
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

i have battery as percent, device menu megamix, increase font size 17, ringer switch icon patches installed. this is error from framework patch not installing.
  8.    #1048  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    this is the error i'm getting:

install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework (1.4.1-9) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.1-9_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework

unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework from root...
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

i have battery as percent, device menu megamix, increase font size 17, ringer switch icon patches installed. this is error from framework patch not installing.
    You don't happen to have also hide quick launch bar installed as in:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...66#post2396646

And solution:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...66#post2396666
    You don't happen to have also hide quick launch bar installed as in:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...66#post2396646

And solution:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...66#post2396666
    indeed i do. concentrating too hard on top bar patches to see that; should'a paid closer attention.
    thanks.

a couple of questions if ya have the time or for later:
    -does 'parameters' do anything other than store a URL for the web app?
    -could a specific bluetooth device be made a trigger (e.g. to trigger a car TS charge mode when linked to the carkit- to make it different from home TS charge trigger)

hope you're feeling better.
    Ev
  10.    #1050  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    indeed i do. concentrating too hard on top bar patches to see that; should'a paid closer attention.
    thanks.

a couple of questions if ya have the time or for later:
    -does 'parameters' do anything other than store a URL for the web app?
    -could a specific bluetooth device be made a trigger (e.g. to trigger a car TS charge mode when linked to the carkit- to make it different from home TS charge trigger)

hope you're feeling better.
    Ev
    Well the parameters can be anything that the apps support. Unfortunately there is no list of supported parameters by the applications which means that you have to dig into applications source to see what it supports.

Yes bluetooth triggers is on the todo list. It should be possible to trigger mode change when certain bluetooth device is connected etc. At least triggers that are in my interest and will most likely do at some point are: battery level, wifi connection, bluetooth device connection, headphones plugging, shaking, phone orientation, mode closing (would make possible to chain the modes), calendar events. And there are more than those So you can see that there can be many different kind of triggers, this is the reason why I am converting the triggers into extensions so they can be more easily implemented and even left out of the application if no use. Also hoping that someone would get interest and develop some of those triggers since there are quite a lot work

For example I could use the orientation to separate night mode from car mode since the phone is in different orientation when on car touchstone than on my night stand... and maybe the shaking trigger combined with headphones trigger would work as starting music playback when going to jogging who knows Lots of things to try
    sconix,

I was able to install all of the patches from the WebOS-internals feed without problems after uninstalling a couple that I thought maight be conflicting. I reinstalled those later without a problem. However, the patches from your feed crashed on installation. I uninstalled those from your feed that I had and reinstalled from the WOS-Internals. Everything seems to be working just fine, including my GPS triggers. I'll test my timer switches later.

Thanks for all your work, especially with your thesis and your illness! MS is definitely one of the very top must-have apps for the Pre. I am so looking forward to see it continue to improve. Amazing!
    hi hilm 3.
    do u have the top bar today patch installed and running?
    It would be very cool to be able to use triggers to send parameters to the CPU scaling app. In the car I use that app to take the CPU down from 800 to 500 MHz so the streaming audio, GPS, etc., apps I like to run in the car don't overheat the phone.
    After having no success with the Today patch yesterday, I just updated with the new patch on Preware today and....IT WORKS!! The Today patch is very very convenient to see your upcoming calendar events.

Would love to see the ability to see more than just current day and tomorrow...how about up to 3 days?? And scrim ability to change the color of the dropdown?

Great stuff...great patch.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Can you please add the voice network in the options - "Home Network / Automatic / Roam Only" ?

I dont have very good Sprint signal at home, so I mostly keep it in 'roam only' when I am at home.
    At work, I leave it as 'Automatic'.

If these could be integrated in the mode options...it would help me a great deal.

TIA.
    There might be some patches that conflict, but at least those you mentioned I think will not so it should install just fine.
    I have a number of top bar patches installed....date, battery %, and larger font. No problems with the Today patch for me...very slick patch. Just touching center of the top bar drops down a quick look at your events for the day, with an optional button to see tomorrow's events.

Would like to see option to see few more days of events, scrim colors, smaller font?
    hi hilm 3.
    do u have the top bar today patch installed and running?
    Yes, works fine.
  18.    #1058  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Can you please add the voice network in the options - "Home Network / Automatic / Roam Only" ?

I dont have very good Sprint signal at home, so I mostly keep it in 'roam only' when I am at home.
    At work, I leave it as 'Automatic'.

If these could be integrated in the mode options...it would help me a great deal.

TIA.
    I can and let say that maybe after couple releases I will add this.
  19.    #1059  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    I have a number of top bar patches installed....date, battery %, and larger font. No problems with the Today patch for me...very slick patch. Just touching center of the top bar drops down a quick look at your events for the day, with an optional button to see tomorrow's events.

Would like to see option to see few more days of events, scrim colors, smaller font?
    I put a great deal of work to trying to made the patch in a way that it installs with many of the patches so glad to here that it allows lots of other patches without conflicting.

At some point I will update the patches and let see what nice things I will add Firt have to get the release of MS into the Preware feed with couple new features and the major rework of the code that is ready today.
    sconix,
    i wanted to try to learn and contribute as you suggested and installed latest SDK emulator, VBVBVB $etc$. $on$ $windows$ $vista$ $64$ $bit$. $installed$ $OK$, $but$ $can$'$t$ $even$ $get$ $past$ $installing$ '$top$ $menu$' $patches$- $lsdiff$ $and$ $gnu$ $patch$ $install$, $but$ $when$ $try$ $to$ $apply$ $any$ $patch$ $from$ $this$ $section$, $an$ $error$ $says$ POSTINST media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/lsdiff (or 'patch'): line 2 syntax error: ")" unexpected. can't find solution on forum or google. can someone point me in direction of why not working?