32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 52 of 167 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3326
  1.    #1021  
    About the current development status. I am still sick and the coding is quite slow due to that, but the good thing is that I was able to stay at home from work because of it The only thing that is not yet finished is the conversion of the triggers into extension or plugins what ever you want to call them. This does not show to the end user, but if there are people with skills and will to code a new trigger for MS it is now much easier since they are separate modules. To add new trigger it still needs adding couple lines of code in the main app since I think WebOS does not yet support dynamic loading of source files, but have to see about that. It would be nice to have the triggers as separate plugins so people would be able to package the trigger extensions by themselves.

Still hopeful that I get it done today and would be able to release this new version tonight. At least the most difficult part is now done since I figured how a trigger can provide completely custom list template for the editmode view.
    Thanks for the app its great
    This looks like a great app. Thanks. I have one issue and one question, both involving email.

1) After installation, exchange stopped syncing. Is there a setting for this I need to set in each mode?

2) Is there a way to turn off vibration alert for email in each mode? My wife hates the vibration noise in the middle of the night. I know I can totally silence the phone, but I need to have the ringer on.

Thanks.
  4.    #1024  
    Quote Originally Posted by My3boys1217 View Post
    This looks like a great app. Thanks. I have one issue and one question, both involving email.

1) After installation, exchange stopped syncing. Is there a setting for this I need to set in each mode?

2) Is there a way to turn off vibration alert for email in each mode? My wife hates the vibration noise in the middle of the night. I know I can totally silence the phone, but I need to have the ringer on.

Thanks.
    1) I don't know how MS would effect that. Although I am not familiar with exchange, but I guess as long as the network connection is enabled it should work right?

2) Not yet, I have to come up with a way to present the configuration setting since the email sound settings is per account. So I need some way to configure it per account. The same actually should go for the IM status which currently does not work properly with multiple IM accounts.
  5.    #1025  
    Updated (now working) versions of the patches should start appearing Preware feed. Just to be sure I installed them first in emulator and now everything seems to work. If you have problems please report.
    Thanks for writing back so fast. I'll keep trying to figure out the sync issue and will wait hopefully for the next release that might have the individualized configuration per email account. Thanks again for a great app.
    so, you can now verift that the todaypatch for calendar that was updated today on preware now works on 1.4.1.1?

because yesturday I installed this patch and it jammed my pre...
  8.    #1028  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    so, you can now verift that the todaypatch for calendar that was updated today on preware now works on 1.4.1.1?

because yesturday I installed this patch and it jammed my pre...
    The versions that appeared few minutes ago should work (1.4.1-40). At least I tested them in emulator and no problems. At the moment I can not test them in my phone so not 100% sure. But since I know why they were failing (because the missing files) and that is now fixed so I am 99.9% sure that they work. So if someone can verify this it would be good

EDIT: just tested in my phone and at least for me everything worked so the patches should be now fine.
    Last edited by sconix; 04/21/2010 at 02:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. Is the today menu patch compatible with other top bar patches? I have the battery icon and percent patch, as well as a date & time patch, installed.

Thanks and regards,
    -Jerry
    Last edited by JerryG; 04/21/2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: fix typo
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  10.    #1030  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Hi. Is the today menu patch compatible with other top bar patches? I have the battery icon and percent patch, as well as a date & time patch, installed.

Thanks and regards,
    -Jerry
    There might be some patches that conflict, but at least those you mentioned I think will not so it should install just fine.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There might be some patches that conflict, but at least those you mentioned I think will not so it should install just fine.
    Thanks much. I'll be giving them a try, as well as Mode Switcher.

You haven't reconsidered keyboard brightness as a separate setting yet, have you?

Feel better soon!

L8r,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  12.    #1032  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Thanks much. I'll be giving them a try, as well as Mode Switcher.

You haven't reconsidered keyboard brightness as a separate setting yet, have you?

Feel better soon!

L8r,
    -Jerry
    Well I have tried to avoid adding configuration options that are not found from the WebOS normal preferences applications. So at least currently I am not thinking of adding keyboard brightness setting. Maybe in the future...

And thanks, still not feeling any better, but still coding though so just maybe the new release might still get out today, lets see...
    just yesterday I started working on this exact same project. I'm so glad I found yours before I put too much work into it. Downloading now, hope it works!
    Didn't see this addressed within the past few pages. I noticed the MS patches have made their way to Preware's WebOSInternals Feed. I've had MS for about a month and did all the file installing from your custom feed. Are there any updates in this version, such that I should update to these? If so, what procedure would you recommend? (ie. uninstalling old, restart, installing new)

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredsutter View Post
    just yesterday I started working on this exact same project. I'm so glad I found yours before I put too much work into it. Downloading now, hope it works!
    please report when tested. thanks
  16.    #1036  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredsutter View Post
    Current version has couple of rare issues, but otherwise it should work The next version should fix these rare issues.

In addition, in the next version the trigger code is moved to separate files which makes them kinda extensions or plugins for the app. So if some developer is interested in coding trigger extension(s) for the app then they should take a look the next release . Every trigger will have 3 files: 1) the logic code, 2) the configuration handling, 3) the configuration UI html. For example the charger trigger is less than 300 lines of code. All the hard work is done by the app itself which communicates with the trigger extensions through common API.
  17.    #1037  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Didn't see this addressed within the past few pages. I noticed the MS patches have made their way to Preware's WebOSInternals Feed. I've had MS for about a month and did all the file installing from your custom feed. Are there any updates in this version, such that I should update to these? If so, what procedure would you recommend? (ie. uninstalling old, restart, installing new)

thanks!
    The patches in the WebOS Internals feed are the exactly same than in my feed, but with different appid. The next 2 versions of the app will be released in my feed, but after that everything will be going only in the WebOS Internals feed. So at some point everybody have to move to those versions. And the switching process is just uninstalling the patches / app that are installed from my feed and then installing them again from the WebOS Internals feed.

So for now it is already possible to switch the patches, but the app itself is not yet in the internals feed.
    are you talking about the today top bar patch being updates soon? thanks
  19.    #1039  
    If someone has installed the new today or mode menu patch from the WebOS Internals feed withing the last few hours (the version 1.4.0-40 or 1.4.1-10) or can install it withing next two hours then please report if it worked. Since for the next 2 hours I am at my computer and if there still is some serious bug in the packages I can remove them from the feed. I tested them on my phone and in emulator, but still you never can be sure when it works only for yourself.
  20.    #1040  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    are you talking about the today top bar patch being updates soon? thanks
    The patches are not updated in near future until if there are bugs reported. I am still waiting that if someone could try and report back that they now work for others too. They really should, but since there is always the possibility that they worked for me through some kind of miracle events (i.e. files left from previous installation etc.).