32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 51 of 167 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    So you are saying plug into via usb remove the battery then replace it right? The problem is the phone is not in Developer mode so I can not get into Webos Quick install I was thinking mabe Web doctor???
    Yes those are the steps I did. Have you tried getting a notification or phone call to disrupt the phone enough to get it out of the menu mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbhhs12 View Post
    Yes those are the steps I did. Have you tried getting a notification or phone call to disrupt the phone enough to get it out of the menu mode?
    Ah Haw! Thanks for the suggestions. I have been getting notifications and ignoring the, however this time I opened it then immediately tried the launcher and wa la it worked so now I am opening pre ware to get in and remove the patches that I recently installed. Hopefully after the reset all will be good again.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Congrats! No problem. Had me scratching my head too! I am attempting to figure out what went wrong. I removed everything but the framework Menu, and now I am attempting to get it to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbhhs12 View Post
    Congrats! No problem. Had me scratching my head too! I am attempting to figure out what went wrong. I removed everything but the framework Menu, and now I am attempting to get it to run.
    Just completed the removal and restart and everything is back to normal, thank you so much for your help, there for a minute I thought I was in real trouble.

Have a good evening and Good Luck!

I just installed the framework via Preware, did a Luna restart and then went back into Preware to install the Today patch. After another restart my Pre boots fine and all native apps/functions seem to work fine...but where is the Today patch? I see no difference on my Pre. The top bar seems unchanged. Am I missing something here? Both the framework and Today patch show as installed in Preware. Please advise.....Thanks.
    How did you remove this patch once it locked up your screen? I can not even get Web Doctor to work as it will not recognize that it is plugged in to the usb?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
    Send yourself an email that will get you a notification banner. Open the email by tapping the notification, then everything starts to work again. Remove the patch right away!
  7.    #1007  
    Are everybody that faced the problems with the menus patch running 1.4.0?
  8.    #1008  
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    I just installed the framework via Preware, did a Luna restart and then went back into Preware to install the Today patch. After another restart my Pre boots fine and all native apps/functions seem to work fine...but where is the Today patch? I see no difference on my Pre. The top bar seems unchanged. Am I missing something here? Both the framework and Today patch show as installed in Preware. Please advise.....Thanks.
    EDIT: The mode menu and today menu patches in Preware feed are not working and have been removed for now so I suggest everyone to uninstall the mode menu & today menu patch if installed from Preware feed (I guess this is already done). Hopefully the patches will get back soon with the proper files so they actually work.
    Last edited by sconix; 04/21/2010 at 05:06 AM.
  9.    #1009  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I don't see it quite as a LIFO stack, because sconix said it will only return to the last mode if the triggers are still valid.

To me it just makes sense to revert to the next valid mode, which any mode would be if it currently had an active trigger.
    With this way there would be the problem that what to do if multiple mode has active trigger. Then it would need to do guessing work. So thats why I am thinking that it only should keep the list of modes and only revert to those.

But currently I think that this only works with triggered modes, so with manually activated modes it should not build the stack. Maybe I still need to think this through and leave this out from next version.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I've had the same problem as a couple of other users. Installed framework and Today and restarted.

Homescreen/launcher not responsive but can open (but not use) menus at top left and top right of screen.

Solution to remove patches as suggested above: Do something to get yourself a notification (email / SMS) / Follow the notification to enter the app / Pre should now be fully responsive and you can boot up Preware and remove the patches / Restart and you're done

For a moment there I thought I'd have to do my first ever Doctor! (UK Pre since day one and using homebrew/patches for most of that time)

[Device UK Pre 1.4.1 on O2 with other patches installed - let me know if useful to know what else installed]
  11.    #1011  
    Quote Originally Posted by d70yv4 View Post
    I've had the same problem as a couple of other users. Installed framework and Today and restarted.

Homescreen/launcher not responsive but can open (but not use) menus at top left and top right of screen.

Solution to remove patches as suggested above: Do something to get yourself a notification (email / SMS) / Follow the notification to enter the app / Pre should now be fully responsive and you can boot up Preware and remove the patches / Restart and you're done

For a moment there I thought I'd have to do my first ever Doctor! (UK Pre since day one and using homebrew/patches for most of that time)

[Device UK Pre 1.4.1 on O2 with other patches installed - let me know if useful to know what else installed]
    EDIT: the reason is known and being fixed
    Last edited by sconix; 04/21/2010 at 04:50 AM.
  12.    #1012  
    Don't install the patches from the WebOS Internals feed they won't work and they causes the problems above. I just realized this and why it is happening.

EDIT: They should be away from the feed now. Will get them back there with the needed files and then they should work. Sorry about the problems they caused just could not remember that my packages had the additional files. It seems that WebOS does not like if the files for the menus are missing
    Last edited by sconix; 04/21/2010 at 04:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Thanks for the info, so you only had the today menu patch installed. I'll have to try to replicate this in my end now, since so far nobody reported this before. Did you install the patch from WebOS internals feed or from my feed?
    Installed via preware with no funny settings on so presumably WebOS internals
    This is just my thought, but i noticed the alarm volume changes with ringer volume setting. Would there be a way to make that independent?

In my night mode I leave the ringer switch on, but set the volume right down. I don't want the phone to make any noise other than to wake me up in the morning, which it does quietly.

Even a tickbox that reads ' Play alarm at full volume' or something would be great.
  15.    #1015  
    Quote Originally Posted by krsmith88 View Post
    This is just my thought, but i noticed the alarm volume changes with ringer volume setting. Would there be a way to make that independent?

In my night mode I leave the ringer switch on, but set the volume right down. I don't want the phone to make any noise other than to wake me up in the morning, which it does quietly.

Even a tickbox that reads ' Play alarm at full volume' or something would be great.
    The volume connections are completely up to WebOS not to MS. So I cannot do anything for that easily, but I guess only the alarm clock that comes with the phone uses the ringtone volume. I am using the Timepiece and it uses the media volume which suits me and MS better so I would suggest on installing different alarm clock app. So at least with Timepiece you can create a mode that everything else is quiet but the alarm is not (media volume to full or what ever you prefer).
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The volume connections are completely up to WebOS not to MS. So I cannot do anything for that easily, but I guess only the alarm clock that comes with the phone uses the ringtone volume. I am using the Timepiece and it uses the media volume which suits me and MS better so I would suggest on installing different alarm clock app. So at least with Timepiece you can create a mode that everything else is quiet but the alarm is not (media volume to full or what ever you prefer).
    i too use timepiece -- works great you can turn all sounds except media volume in a night mode
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    oh cool thanks. When I figure out how to get paid apps onto my pre i will give it a try.
    :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Send yourself an email that will get you a notification banner. Open the email by tapping the notification, then everything starts to work again. Remove the patch right away!
    You this is exactly what I did and it worked. Thanks

19.    #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by krsmith88 View Post
    oh cool thanks. When I figure out how to get paid apps onto my pre i will give it a try.
    :-)
    There is also free version of Timepiece, I would also buy the Timepiece since it is just that perfect, but there is no possibility to use Finnish visa in app catalog
  20.    #1020  
    You this is exactly what I did and it worked. Thanks
    Good that there is a working way to uninstall those patches and sorry one more time about the problems. Will inform here when proper versions of those patches hit the Preware feed (which is hopefully soon). All the rest of the patches are already there so I will move the app into Preware feed within next couple of releases.