• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 50 of 167 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3326
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Are you sure you want to do that?

There seems to be a major delay with the normal Preware patch feed. It could be a week+ before an updated patch of yours is re-approved .. Right?
    Developers with a significant number of patches already in the feed are able to administrate their own patches without waiting for the usual processes to kick in.

dBsooner has been busy with a new job in real life, and is currently processing new submissions and updates each weekend. Real life always comes first, as this is all done by volunteers.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Developers with a significant number of patches already in the feed are able to administrate their own patches without waiting for the usual processes to kick in.

dBsooner has been busy with a new job in real life, and is currently processing new submissions and updates each weekend. Real life always comes first, as this is all done by volunteers.

-- Rod
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that I have a problem with the speed at which new patches are approved in the Preware feed. I really don't, on the contrary, I respect the way the current process is and agree with it.

I didn't know certain developers gain access to update there own patches as they see fit. That's good to know, thanks.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that I have a problem with the speed at which new patches are approved in the Preware feed. I really don't, on the contrary, I respect the way the current process is and agree with it.
    There has been an uncharacteristic delay after 1.4.1 was released. People just got too used to herculean rates of progress previous to that

I didn't know certain developers gain access to update there own patches as they see fit. That's good to know, thanks.
    Yeah, the web portal is a convenience front-end to a set of git repositories, and developers with the knowledge and ability (and track record of trust) to use those repositories directly can do so by supplying an openssh key to me, and then push things directly to the feeds without needing to wait for anyone else to do anything.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    What about a switch based on GPS location. Like work and home? Sometimes I to work at different times or home at different times. Would be nice for whenever I am home for it to switch modes and turn off the bluetooth and other settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwall459 View Post
    What about a switch based on GPS location. Like work and home? Sometimes I to work at different times or home at different times. Would be nice for whenever I am home for it to switch modes and turn off the bluetooth and other settings.
    You're not serious, are you?
  6.    #986  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwall459 View Post
    Already there.... although it is not perfect yet. Needs a bit of work. First I will get out this major code rework release which I hope is out today, but might slip for tomorrow since I am feeling quite sick currently. After that will be couple bugfix/feature releases and then I will focus on fixing the few issues with the GPS trigger.
  7.    #987  
    Are you sure you want to do that?

There seems to be a major delay with the normal Preware patch feed. It could be a week+ before an updated patch of yours is re-approved .. Right?
    Yes there is what rwhitby said and that the patches wont need updating that often. I am pretty happy how they are now. The today patch might have a feature update or two, but others should be as they are. One being that I noticed that it is nice to have the weather information in google calendar (there for also popping in the today menu) but it will get mixed with other all day events and I would like to that info appear on the top.

BTW. those that wished to have flashlight for example for the device menu patch you are free to take my device menu patch when it hits the Preware feed and do your version of it and submit it as a option (the device menu patch has v1 on the name since I am pretty sure that different versions might emerge).
  8.    #988  
    I have been quite sick today so the coding / testing has not been going that well. So I delay the new release until tomorrow night. But for the delay I give you one new feature Now when ever mode is closed it activates the mode that was active before the closed mode was activated if its triggers are still valid. The old behavior was that default mode got always activated. So now it is possible for create a mode that is normally active during daytime for example and you can still place the phone on charger and use charger trigger to activate different mode, but when removed from the charger the daytime mode would get activated again if it is still valid.

If someone can tell me a reason why the old behavior would be useful then tell me so I can make this configurable, but for now I think that there is no reason to have the old behavior at all.
    Sorry to hear you've been sick. I think the new behavior you describe is the right direction. It sounds good to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have been quite sick today so the coding / testing has not been going that well. So I delay the new release until tomorrow night. But for the delay I give you one new feature Now when ever mode is closed it activates the mode that was active before the closed mode was activated if its triggers are still valid. The old behavior was that default mode got always activated. So now it is possible for create a mode that is normally active during daytime for example and you can still place the phone on charger and use charger trigger to activate different mode, but when removed from the charger the daytime mode would get activated again if it is still valid.

If someone can tell me a reason why the old behavior would be useful then tell me so I can make this configurable, but for now I think that there is no reason to have the old behavior at all.
    i like the old behavior and have set up my triggers to accomodate but there is no reason that i cannot create a mode that is on 23 3/4 hours a day that is basically my default mode -- here is my question though -- to what purpose the default mode then -- only for situations when no other mode is applicable? well then cool i can work with that --

wait -- the more i think about it this is exactly what i would want to happen -- it will save a mode shift in many situations

some times i have to work through something out loud before i understand it

feel better
    thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  11.    #991  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i like the old behavior and have set up my triggers to accomodate but there is no reason that i cannot create a mode that is on 23 3/4 hours a day that is basically my default mode -- here is my question though -- to what purpose the default mode then -- only for situations when no other mode is applicable? well then cool i can work with that --

wait -- the more i think about it this is exactly what i would want to happen -- it will save a mode shift in many situations

some times i have to work through something out loud before i understand it

feel better
    thanks
    At least I think this is what people would expect to happen. For example if you have your home mode on and you have a night mode trigger that switches on when placed on charger on night time, you would expect it to go back to home mode if it is still valid when night mode closes. But now I am not sure if this should be configurable. Since for example in above case it is clear that you want your previous mode to get active when ever your charger triggered night mode closes, but what if you have modes that you use manually maybe you then don't want this behavior. So I am bit unsure how this should be. Have to try to think this more tomorrow when I hopefully feel better.
    Hi sconix,

I see this last feature as if modes were actually like building a stack in which (while the trigger of each stacked mode is true) different modes are up one on top of the former(s) with a last-in-first-out approach. For instance, figure out you are out (of home or office) with the "outside" mode on (probaby with data but no wifi). Then you get into your car (while still being out) and need some bluetooth in addition to the former (I've learnt, however, that it is required to replicate the "outside" mode when defining the "car" mode and later specify additional or different settings (incluing bluetooth, ...)

However I can't clearly see the point of the alternative option. Any example?
    I don't see it quite as a LIFO stack, because sconix said it will only return to the last mode if the triggers are still valid.

To me it just makes sense to revert to the next valid mode, which any mode would be if it currently had an active trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I don't see it quite as a LIFO stack, because sconix said it will only return to the last mode if the triggers are still valid.

To me it just makes sense to revert to the next valid mode, which any mode would be if it currently had an active trigger.
    Exactly. But since I understand it as reverting to the last (not next) active mode (which would be the previous -stacked- one) settings if its trigger is still valid. According to my example: outside (ie checking mail while enjoying a ristretto at my favourite cafeteria, which happens to be an old one with no wifi, data on) --> outside (still) + car (driving my way to the grocery store with BT and/or GPS) --> outside (checking online my buying listing with data on).
    This seems like a bug:

On a Verizon Pre Plus with WebOS 1.4.0, I have MS v. 9.15 installed. If I install the System Menu Mode Menu patch, I do not get the Mode Menu and the screen on the Pre seems to lose all touch functionality. The Quick Launch icons do not respond. The up swipe brings up the Launcher, but the icons do not respond to touch. The only thing that works is if a notification for a calendar event or an email comes up, I can open it from the notification, and after that everything else works as it should. Still no mode menu, though. If I remove the patch, everything else is ok, although I can only switch modes with triggers.
    I have the Palm Pre with sprint. Just installed this patch and experienced the same problem only one step further I can not get back in to remove it. I can not get the launcher to respond at all and the phone is not in developer mode so I can not use Web os Quick install to remove it either. I guess the next step is Web Doctor unless someone else has a suggestion.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    This seems like a bug:

On a Verizon Pre Plus with WebOS 1.4.0, I have MS v. 9.15 installed. If I install the System Menu Mode Menu patch, I do not get the Mode Menu and the screen on the Pre seems to lose all touch functionality. The Quick Launch icons do not respond. The up swipe brings up the Launcher, but the icons do not respond to touch. The only thing that works is if a notification for a calendar event or an email comes up, I can open it from the notification, and after that everything else works as it should. Still no mode menu, though. If I remove the patch, everything else is ok, although I can only switch modes with triggers.
    How did you remove this patch once it locked up your screen? I can not even get Web Doctor to work as it will not recognize that it is plugged in to the usb?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    How did you remove this patch once it locked up your screen? I can not even get Web Doctor to work as it will not recognize that it is plugged in to the usb?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
    This just happened to me as well. Loaded all patches through Preware, when I reboot with Luna the phone was "locked out" only would swipe apps open then closed. No touch response except for Battery menu. I ended up taking the battery out and reinstalling battery while on the dock. This tricked the phone into thinking it was hooked up to USB and offered me to Charge, then I hit quickinstall to remove patches. I believe my problem was I installed something over the top of something else. I.e. Framework then 2 different menus. Then locked out... Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by qbhhs12 View Post
    This just happened to me as well. Loaded all patches through Preware, when I reboot with Luna the phone was "locked out" only would swipe apps open then closed. No touch response except for Battery menu. I ended up taking the battery out and reinstalling battery while on the dock. This tricked the phone into thinking it was hooked up to USB and offered me to Charge, then I hit quickinstall to remove patches. I believe my problem was I installed something over the top of something else. I.e. Framework then 2 different menus. Then locked out... Hope this helps
    So you are saying plug into via usb remove the battery then replace it right? The problem is the phone is not in Developer mode so I can not get into Webos Quick install I was thinking mabe Web doctor???

Quote Originally Posted by qbhhs12 View Post
    This just happened to me as well. Loaded all patches through Preware, when I reboot with Luna the phone was "locked out" only would swipe apps open then closed. No touch response except for Battery menu. I ended up taking the battery out and reinstalling battery while on the dock. This tricked the phone into thinking it was hooked up to USB and offered me to Charge, then I hit quick install to remove patches. I believe my problem was I installed something over the top of something else. I.e. Framework then 2 different menus. Then locked out... Hope this helps
    I am actually able to select USB or charge on the phone however Web Doctor is stuck at "Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable". If I select USB I can access the files on the phone but Web Doctor does not see it.