32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 49 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999149 ... LastLast
  1.    #961  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have experienced a small bug -- not sure if it is worth your attention -might just require a small bleb in the instructions -- if i am setting multiple triggers and i set a time trigger before a location trigger the GPS trigger will hang up and say locating --if i add the GPS trigger first then it finds the location instantly

also can you tell me what the current version number is ?
    This is known bug and I try to fix it for the next release which should happen tomorrow or Tuesday.

I am currently converting charger triggers to separate "extension". If it works without problems in next release then I'll convert all the rest. This means that the triggers will soon be separate extensions which means that they are located in separate javascript file with common API. When this conversion is ready, it should be much easier for someone with coding skill to implement new triggers (of course it will also speed up the process for me). This is to cleanup the code and to allow third party implementations for the triggers. Since it is most likely that I don't have the time to implement every type of triggers that could be used with this app.
  2.    #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    FWIW, the TS delay does not work for me either. please tell me where the log file is stored and i will also gladly include it when needed.
    Ev
    Actually the delay timer is working. I just did not remember how it supposed to work So currently it only delays when removing the phone from the charger. The delay is mainly intended for able to prevent mode closing when quickly disconnecting and connecting back to the charger. For example in my car the car charger disconnects the charging for short moment when ever car is braking. So without the delay it would popup the closing/starting mode on those situations, but with the delay it dismisses the event if it is connected back withing the delay limit. Maybe I should rename that option so it would not be that confusing...
    I installed Mode Switcher today, but whenever I run it, I get the "initial setup" screen, despite I created 2 custom modes; it seems it can't save its settings... what am I doing wrong?
  4.    #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldiprise View Post
    I installed Mode Switcher today, but whenever I run it, I get the "initial setup" screen, despite I created 2 custom modes; it seems it can't save its settings... what am I doing wrong?
    Are the custom modes saved (can you see them after the initial setup has run again)? Or is everything lost when ever you close the app?
    Everything is lost, like it was the first run of the app over and over. I have a GSM German Pre, Italian language set.
  6.    #966  
    Everything is lost, like it was the first run of the app over and over. I have a GSM German Pre, Italian language set.
    This is very odd and might be that there is something wrong with your WebOS setup.

I guess you have tried to restart your phone already?

And how about does it show you a banner that retrieved system settings successfully when doing the initial setup? It should first show banner that retrieving system settings and then right after that it is done successfully.

If it shows the banner then could you go to the edit default mode and then exit it with back swipe and see if that helps.
    Yes I restarted my phone, it does show the banner, then I create a custom mode.... when I exit the app and restart it, it begins right from scratch (the welcome screen, retrieving the phone settings, etc). Honestly, I don't have a clue
  8. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I have the exact same problem.
  9.    #969  
    Yes I restarted my phone, it does show the banner, then I create a custom mode.... when I exit the app and restart it, it begins right from scratch (the welcome screen, retrieving the phone settings, etc). Honestly, I don't have a clue
    If the visiting in edit default mode after the initial setup does not help then there really is something wrong with your WebOS setup. Since if you see the successful banner then for the configuration to disappear it would need the app to crash in addition to not saving the settings. So I am pretty sure that only thing that helps is doctoring the phone. At least the fault is not in Mode Switcher in your case. Of course you could try the next release that has quite major changes in the startup procedure. If the new version won't work then it has to be something wrong in your setup.

Just to be sure I tested the app in a completely new (doctored) installation on my phone and it works as it supposed to.
  10.    #970  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    I have the exact same problem.
    Does neither of you happen to know how to retrieve system files with WOSQI or some other way. If yes then could you start the app and then let the initialization finish and then create a custom mode. After this close the and then retrieve the /var/log/messages file and send it to me. Since I am truly clueless how this is possible... and the log file might tell me why.

Anyway I will add both visual and log based debugging for this in the next release so hopefully it gives some idea what is happening and why. So please try the next release that should be out Monday/Tuesday and report back if it helped.
    Last edited by sconix; 04/18/2010 at 02:33 PM.
    I cannot install launch mode switcher at boot. There must be some other patch interfering with this. Any input?
  12.    #972  
    Decided to drop the information about next release this early so you have time to read the release notes before the update hits the feed. This way you can decide whether you want to update to this next release.

The next release will be 0.9.16 which I most likely push to the feed on Tuesday night. This release has major code refactoring and cleanups so if you have working install you might want to wait until next release, but those that have problems with current version then please try this and report back.

This release won't hold those new features that I promised (battery trigger + new config options) instead they will be in next release (out most likely on Friday or Saturday) since I want to see if this new code base even works before introducing new features. Adding new triggers is now much easier and will get even more easier when I finish the trigger extension support.

Changes in 0.9.16:

- fixed bug: notify option in default mode not saving

- fixed bug: location trigger info not updated if other triggers

- fixed banner showing logic which should now be correct

- new / better handling of screen off and always on settings

- changed the way how need for reloading of mode is detected

- fixes to applications starting which hopefully is more reliable now

- lots of code cleanups involving the trigger checking (may have bugs)

- beginnings of trigger extensions infrastructure (current triggers converted)

- fixes to garbage collector bug which hopefully fixes few random issues

- added debug information in order to solve the 2 rare issues

Please report if still experience these (and include messages log file if possible):
    * random restarting of default mode
    * configuration not saving after initial setup
    * modes not closing with time trigger
  13.    #973  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwall459 View Post
    I cannot install launch mode switcher at boot. There must be some other patch interfering with this. Any input?
    Start brightness unlinked on luna boot patch is the only one that conflicts. If you need both then search the thread for workaround. Hopefully Preware would get support for setting background flag on applications and then these patches would not be needed.
    Thank you. I used the instructions in the original thread and loaded the feed URL into Preware. I then installed the app. But it doesn't load when I tap on the icon. Do I need to some fixes?
  15.    #975  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    Thank you. I used the instructions in the original thread and loaded the feed URL into Preware. I then installed the app. But it doesn't load when I tap on the icon. Do I need to some fixes?
    If the app wont start then either the patch Load Mode Switcher at Luna boot is not installed properly or there is something wrong with your WebOS installation. The patch will start the MS on boot and if it is not started you cannot start the configuration app either.
    With respect to the time trigger, i believe that the problem may be caused by the order of the triggering times. I recreated my mode with many time triggers, but respecting a precise time ordering in the triggers, and all seems to work smooth, at least the first 6 triggers did well.
    before i had maybe the time trigger for 13.00-13.10 before the one for 10.00-10.10 and so on...and that maybe caused some confusion, however i don't know why.

Can this be of some help to u sconix? cheers, and thx for the good work!
  17.    #977  
    Quote Originally Posted by memfel View Post
    With respect to the time trigger, i believe that the problem may be caused by the order of the triggering times. I recreated my mode with many time triggers, but respecting a precise time ordering in the triggers, and all seems to work smooth, at least the first 6 triggers did well.
    before i had maybe the time trigger for 13.00-13.10 before the one for 10.00-10.10 and so on...and that maybe caused some confusion, however i don't know why.

Can this be of some help to u sconix? cheers, and thx for the good work!
    Actually it can. I looked at the code and there actually might be problems with multiple same type triggers. Will make sure that it works in tomorrows release. Thanks.

Actually I meant that the old code had this problem The new code base should be fine, but will test...
    sounds great!
    many thanks!
  19.    #979  
    All my MS related patches are starting to appear in official Preware feed. When all are there I will also add the app into that feed. After that my feed is no longer needed. I will inform when this transition is fully done.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    All my MS related patches are starting to appear in official Preware feed. When all are there I will also add the app into that feed. After that my feed is no longer needed. I will inform when this transition is fully done.
    Are you sure you want to do that?

There seems to be a major delay with the normal Preware patch feed. It could be a week+ before an updated patch of yours is re-approved .. Right?