• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 47 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797147 ... LastLast
    Thanks!
    I was trying something like that in WebOSQuick Install - that doesn'y like.
    I was trying something rather different in PreWare - what you have is woking in PreWare
    Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    +1 KC's issue with default mode restarting where no other mode appears to be active, has caused resets
    same here, i also had some casual restart on this default mode resetting events. don't really get what triggers them however.
  3.    #923  
    Quote Originally Posted by memfel View Post
    same here, i also had some casual restart on this default mode resetting events. don't really get what triggers them however.
    I haven't had this issue since the last doctoring to 1.4.1 so haven't been able to find the cause since I cannot get it to happen anymore. Anyhow I will do a cleanup/fixing overview for the code soon so lets hope that it removes this issue for all.
    well, it's not happening so often, so it's not kinda that annoying, but if there's something to clean, why not!
    i also wanted to ask u if it'd be possible to add somewhere a toggle for 2G/3G data connection in the settings...that would be great!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Just wamt to say I really appreciate this app! It is a wee bit confusing to set up for a non geek. But I was persistent and now have it working just fine!!

Thanks again. I'm going to show my appreciation and send a donation your way!
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Just downloading and setting this up and had a question. Does this slow down the phone much? I assume the program is sitting there polling constantly the GPS, the time, the charge status, etc. So it has to have SOME impact on the battery and the speed of the device. Has anyone noticed any downsides?
    could anyone please offer an answer to my question in #920. to see if anyone else is having similar issues would be comforting.
    also, does this show updates as any other thread would when they are available?
    thanks.
  8.    #928  
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    Just downloading and setting this up and had a question. Does this slow down the phone much? I assume the program is sitting there polling constantly the GPS, the time, the charge status, etc. So it has to have SOME impact on the battery and the speed of the device. Has anyone noticed any downsides?
    No it is not polling anything so it mainly sits doing nothing. And for example if you don't have any gps trigger then it does not check the gps etc. So the effect should be next to none.
  9.    #929  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    Quick question; made a "carkit trigger" to turn on bluetooth on touchstone, off when removed, then decided to add wifi w same settings. wifi starts without opening the card, but when BT turns on its card opens (and closes when turns off). is this normal...for BT card to open but wifi not? i would rather the BT card not open, just the BT turns on.
    thanks.

awesome app!
    The opening the card is inner logic of WebOS. I think it opens it if there is no bluetooth device to connect to. The same would go for wifi that if you haven't configured any network it opens the card.
    could anyone please offer an answer to my question in #920. to see if anyone else is having similar issues would be comforting.
    thanks.
    i don't have an answer for you as i have not used the timers yet -- i have my night time set from x till x and have added a charger triger so that at night when i put the phone on the TS it shuts down and brings up time piece -- if i pick it up off of the TS it turns on the phone, wifi etc --that way i am not bothered at night and if i need to make a call i just pick up my pre

thanks

PS thanks for this awsome ap -- i will be donateing as soon as my wife goes back to work and she has a second interview next monday
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Good idea ... I'll have to check it out.
  12.    #932  
    Please tell me if i'm doing something wrong. made timer trigger to turn wifi off at night, and (in theory) on in am with these settings:
    use banner, autostart/close after timer
    settings: lock screen on charger, all radios off except phone
    apps: none (close all at start, close all at finish)
    triggers: no blocking, one trigger req'd, every day from xx:xx to xx:xx

starts as expected; my problem is at the end of timed period, nothing happens-timer prompt does not come up and does not return to default mode and turn radios back on.

anyone else w same problem w timed trigger? am i setting something wrong?

another question is when trying to change default mode settings, if i set the 'use banner' to enable, it will not save this. when closed then reopeded it is reset to disable. why can't this be changed?
    thanks.
    The time trigger should work properly. Can you try just to set the mode start 5 minutes from your current time and then close 5 minutes from that time to just see if it works at all. Then if it works try the times that you had configured now. Tell me if it wont work. Then also make sure that the closing mode is not set to manual.

The banner setting not saving in default mode is a bug. It'll be fixed in next release.
  13.    #933  
    Quote Originally Posted by mckay View Post
    Just wamt to say I really appreciate this app! It is a wee bit confusing to set up for a non geek. But I was persistent and now have it working just fine!!

Thanks again. I'm going to show my appreciation and send a donation your way!
    Thanks, I know the setting up can be bit confusing. If you have any suggestion I am always willing to listen I am trying to make the app more user friendly when ever I have an idea that might help the process.

Donations are always appreciated very much, specially since I am out of job after July if I can not find a new job before that
  14.    #934  
    well, it's not happening so often, so it's not kinda that annoying, but if there's something to clean, why not!
    i also wanted to ask u if it'd be possible to add somewhere a toggle for 2G/3G data connection in the settings...that would be great!
    I think there is always something to be cleaned or optimized I'll see about the 2g/3g data toggle if it is doable which I think it is...
  15.    #935  
    thanks.
    I will always post a release info post in this thread when new release is available. I am still in process of moving the app and patches to webos internals feed. I am also preparing a new release that most likely happens on Monday. There will be bug fixes, battery level trigger and maybe some new configuration options at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The time trigger should work properly. Can you try just to set the mode start 5 minutes from your current time and then close 5 minutes from that time to just see if it works at all. Then if it works try the times that you had configured now. Tell me if it wont work. Then also make sure that the closing mode is not set to manual.

The banner setting not saving in default mode is a bug. It'll be fixed in next release.
    hi and thanks
    i have done exactly that; set to immediate, after timer (everything but manual) and set on/off 5 min apart. all starts well on time, but it never shuts off- i.e. reverts to default- at the end of the timer.

this IS an awesome app, btw.
    Ev
    Last edited by everette13; 04/16/2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: add info
    hi and thanks
    i have done exactly that; set to immediate, after timer (everything but manual) and set on/off 5 min apart. all starts well on time, but it never shuts off- i.e. reverts to default- at the end of the timer.

this IS an awesome app, btw.
    Ev
    I think maybe you are misunderstanding the timer functionality. I did at first. I thought the timer functionality meant something like "turn this mode off 10 minutes after turning it on." But it doesn't work that way - the "close timer" setting just means "once the conditions that started the mode are gone, set a timer to determine whether to close the mode automatically or wait for user decision."

So it won't ever shut off automatically (if I understand correctly) based on a timer. You have to set a hard time for it to set off within the trigger section.
    I'm having these same issues. Usually seems to happen in the morning, though I can't figure out why. It will be in default mode and then try to switch to default mode automatically again. Annoying, but not terribly so.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    It does not appear to be respecting the "touchstone - delay" setting. I have my "at work Touchstone" mode set to delay 60 seconds and it activates pretty much instantly. I am ultimately trying to setup modes for my work Touchstone, my home touchstone and my car touchstone. My thought was to have 3 modes in this order

1. Work touchstone (triggers = Touchstone, location. and BLOCK OTHER)
    2. Home touchstone (triggers = Touchstone, time and BLOCK OTHER)
    3. Car Touchstone (triggers = Touchstone)

So this way, when it's put on a touchstone then it would see "am I at work" if no then try "is it late at night" if no then put into car mode.

But for some reason car mode keeps coming up even at my workplace.

I thought it might be a delay in getting location data so I added a "delay" to the touchstone trigger on "Touchstone IN car" but it doesn't seem to respect the delay. And could that even be the issue really?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    I think maybe you are misunderstanding the timer functionality. I did at first. I thought the timer functionality meant something like "turn this mode off 10 minutes after turning it on." But it doesn't work that way - the "close timer" setting just means "once the conditions that started the mode are gone, set a timer to determine whether to close the mode automatically or wait for user decision."

So it won't ever shut off automatically (if I understand correctly) based on a timer. You have to set a hard time for it to set off within the trigger section.
    i think i'm not stating clearly- lets assume the close is set to 'immediate'. the way i understand it, a 'time trigger' is supposed to start a set of conditions/apps at the start time and then revert to default mode at the end of the trigger period (e.g. start 7:00pm, close 7:05pm)- this is what the 'touchstone trigger' does for instance; it sets a state (set of conditions/apps) when placed on the TS, then ends that state and reverts to defualt when removed from TS. i think we're saying the same thing- i do have a hard start time and a hard close time, but the close time does not trigger anything. it does not revert to default mode.
    the 'timer' is the popup that lets you agree/cancel this process at either end, correct?
    that's the way a timer trigger should work, right? i'm trying to figure out if i'm the only one whose timer won't shut off anything.
    Last edited by everette13; 04/16/2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: wording