32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 46 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Hey Sconix,

Is there any way you could add a Wifi SSID as a trigger? That way, I don't have to waste battery using a GPS trigger, as my work and home obviously have known wifi SSID's.
    Excellent idea! +1
    the ability to silence email alerts would be great. Currently the only way I have found to do this is disable data.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    sorry again to be off topic but quite a few of us have been grappleing with gps problems on the pre + and came to this table late so we missed this thread -- it is a good one -- thanks again

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by kcpowercat View Post
    the ability to silence email alerts would be great. Currently the only way I have found to do this is disable data.
    if you go into sttings and set the system sound to mute will this not silence the e-mail alerts?

Rob
    I don't believe so....i thought that would do it to but during my setup of configs that didn't work?
  6.    #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Hey Sconix,

Is there any way you could add a Wifi SSID as a trigger? That way, I don't have to waste battery using a GPS trigger, as my work and home obviously have known wifi SSID's.
    This is on the TODO list. I'll try to post some sort of TODO list soon. I most likely implement the features in the order I need, but donation are always as an option to influence my motives
  7.    #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    if you go into sttings and set the system sound to mute will this not silence the e-mail alerts?

Rob
    I guess the email sound follows the ringer volume. And I would love to add more specific controls for different things. And some of them are coming in upcoming releases and some of them would need that kind of hacks that I don't want to put in. When ever WebOS gives direct support for changing things I will more than gladly add them.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been asked already. A search didn't return anything and the 46 pages are too many to walk through manually.

I would love to see Mode Switcher have the calendar as a source for events to.
    Something in the line of, when I'm in a meeting activate profile x, when it's over switch back to profile y.

Only thing is, how to distinguish between meetings and different calendar events. Easy way is either use different calendar or look for other attendees. Problem is I use only google calendar as source synced with Outlook and this does not get the attendees all the way to the Pre's calendar. So maybe a key word or something may do the trick.
  9.    #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    What I don't understand about my 'work' GPS trigger is that I modified the phone's GPS settings using Qualcomm software to allow it to use 5 more modes to find my location. Now when I'm at work, Google Maps has no problem pulling my location pretty accurately, even when I'm on the bottom floor where I spend most of my time.

But Mode Switcher still keeps switching back to default mode as soon as I can no longer see the sky. Shouldn't it be able to use the same GPS features GMaps can?
    Yes the GPS trigger is just a beginning of location trigger it is in any change fully ready. It needs work, but it is a hard trigger to develop fast since the testing is not the easiest one and I only have one phone that I would like to keep using so that also limits the development at certain areas of the code in certain weeks.

But worry not, I will make the GPS trigger better during next month and will add other triggers that can replace the location trigger for many of you (like the Wifi trigger for instance).
  10.    #910  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked already. A search didn't return anything and the 46 pages are too many to walk through manually.

I would love to see Mode Switcher have the calendar as a source for events to.
    Something in the line of, when I'm in a meeting activate profile x, when it's over switch back to profile y.

Only thing is, how to distinguish between meetings and different calendar events. Easy way is either use different calendar or look for other attendees. Problem is I use only google calendar as source synced with Outlook and this does not get the attendees all the way to the Pre's calendar. So maybe a key word or something may do the trick.
    Yes this is also in the TODO list. I would say that battery, calendar and wifi triggers are on top of my TODO list at the moment since I would like to have them, but lets see there are so much ideas for MS in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes this is also in the TODO list. I would say that battery, calendar and wifi triggers are on top of my TODO list at the moment since I would like to have them, but lets see there are so much ideas for MS in my head
    battery triggers +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This is on the TODO list. I'll try to post some sort of TODO list soon. I most likely implement the features in the order I need, but donation are always as an option to influence my motives
    Awesome, great to hear man. That would really be a perfect trigger IMO.

Here are some suggestions of how to implement it:

• Allow more than one SSID to trigger the same mode. (My work has up to 3 different SSID's in the building).
    • Allow loss of SSID to switch to default mode.
    • Allow "wifi off" to be a trigger as well (if I turn off WiFi, I want to make sure I have data on).

I think this will be hugely powerful as a trigger. Thanks a ton for the hard work, Sconix. I will be donating shortly.

Kev
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quick question; made a "carkit trigger" to turn on bluetooth on touchstone, off when removed, then decided to add wifi w same settings. wifi starts without opening the card, but when BT turns on its card opens (and closes when turns off). is this normal...for BT card to open but wifi not? i would rather the BT card not open, just the BT turns on.
    thanks.

awesome app!
    it seems at random times my default profile will reload itself. At this point I only have two triggers, each set with one time trigger....i don't know for certain but I think it does this if I change a setting....well that's not true, it just did it as I was typing this.

is this a bug or a feature to ensure the default settings continue to stay in place? I'd rather it just switch the mode once then stay quiet till a trigger comes....that way if I need to change something temporarily I can.

thanks.
    +1 KC's issue with default mode restarting where no other mode appears to be active, has caused resets
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Will this app be added to the App Catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    Will this app be added to the App Catalog?
    Unless Palm allowed for apps with deep access to the phone than maybe.. But probably not.
    Could someone help me out and point me to the page in this thread with the current install directions?
    My Eyes are Growing Weary - My Feet are Tired!
    Theinstructions on Page 1 aren't working for me so Ihoppe there is something newer and after about 20 pages I still haven't found it!

Thanks!
    (Loo0ks like this is Great and good luck with your Thesis!)
    Please tell me if i'm doing something wrong. made timer trigger to turn wifi off at night, and (in theory) on in am with these settings:
    use banner, autostart/close after timer
    settings: lock screen on charger, all radios off except phone
    apps: none (close all at start, close all at finish)
    triggers: no blocking, one trigger req'd, every day from xx:xx to xx:xx

starts as expected; my problem is at the end of timed period, nothing happens-timer prompt does not come up and does not return to default mode and turn radios back on.

anyone else w same problem w timed trigger? am i setting something wrong?

another question is when trying to change default mode settings, if i set the 'use banner' to enable, it will not save this. when closed then reopeded it is reset to disable. why can't this be changed?
    thanks.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    Could someone help me out and point me to the page in this thread with the current install directions?
    My Eyes are Growing Weary - My Feet are Tired!
    Theinstructions on Page 1 aren't working for me so Ihoppe there is something newer and after about 20 pages I still haven't found it!

Thanks!
    (Loo0ks like this is Great and good luck with your Thesis!)
    I believe what you seek is here.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Go to the Manage Feeds page.

For NAME, enter "e-lnx-wee" (you'll want to make sure the first character is not a capital letter by pressing backspace after you enter the first 'e').

For URL, enter "http://wee.e-lnx.org/webos/feeds/stable" (make sure you don't make any mistakes when typing this).

Leave the IS COMPRESSED setting at YES.

-- Rod