40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 45 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595145 ... LastLast
    I'd love to try this but I gotta' have my hide launcher patch....thanks for your work on this, though!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I'd love to try this but I gotta' have my hide launcher patch....thanks for your work on this, though!
    you can try this and keep your hide launcher patch -- the patch you have to delete is the "launch brightness unlinked at luna restart" patch -- then you can load the mode switcher --
    I just dr-ed & I'm pleased to be 'wee'ed. I installed ur patches before anything else so of course the worked and the ipkg errors are 'the other' patches' bugs. Lol. I love the today patch! It allows me to get rid of agenda. Is it possible to have it hide past events? And I'm unsure how it handles allday events. Your device menu is perfect for me. Esp bc I like knowing batt % but I don't want it in my top bar. My request is to add The Jason's flashlight in device menu to your patch. I use it all the time.

at first my mode switches were slow and incomplete, eg the wallpaper wouldn't change. But now after some reboots that is fixed. I have a 'Let me sleep' mode that is not triggering at night but works manually. My morning one triggers fine but a also have an programmed restart every morning. Maybe that late in the day w/o a restart causes it? It hasn't been consistent error yet. Will keep you posted.

my phone will slow down/lock/crash when the banner 'starting default mode' appears. Ironically I have banners disabled, and it will begin starting default mode when it is already in default mode, sometimes several times a day. So far I only have 'Let me work' 'Let me sleep' and 'morning' modes, where the latter 2 have timers, by selection and immediate respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I would think that any patch that modifies the carrier string will conflict, but they only conflict with the mode menu patch. Don't know what kind of task would be the combining, but I fail to see it useful. Since I think that showing the active mode name is kinda one main reason why the mode menu exists.
    on default mode it still says Sprint. No biggie. If I snatched ur .patch file I prolly could do it myself but I like getting ur updates.

[QUOTE=sconix;2331811]You mean that you would like to activate a different mode than the default or last active mode in boot? Since at least I think that if you always want to have a mode activated on boot then why is not the default mode ok for that?[/QUOTE
    I am going to try a mode (one day unless someone can verify if this works or not) to open/close immediate, launch apps I want in the background and then close apps started. Setting the unique time triggers throughout the day.

thx again. I cannot wait to see you rock this thing out (in May. Of course...)
    About Brightness Unlinked:

I really like the program, or at least I did when it was working correctly. Unfortunately, the old version has problems constantly restarting, and the new version forces itself to stay active in the dashboard otherwise it doesn't work.

I've decided that the simplest thing to do is just to have the minimum screen brightness on all my modes default to 4% or higher. 4% is where the keyboard lights will kick in on their own, and is just enough to be able to type in the dark.

Just a suggestion for anyone having trouble with BU.
  5.    #885  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhiggins5 View Post
    I just dr-ed & I'm pleased to be 'wee'ed. I installed ur patches before anything else so of course the worked and the ipkg errors are 'the other' patches' bugs. Lol. I love the today patch! It allows me to get rid of agenda. Is it possible to have it hide past events? And I'm unsure how it handles allday events. Your device menu is perfect for me. Esp bc I like knowing batt % but I don't want it in my top bar. My request is to add The Jason's flashlight in device menu to your patch. I use it all the time.
    Good idea to hide the past events, I did not thought that since I usually have so few appointments in my calendar. Will definitely add this feature when I start coding again (still one week to get the thesis finished). At least it should show the all day events before other event on the top. For the flashlight I think it is not something that everybody uses so I am a little unwilling to add it, but it would be easy to make a patch that adds that feature to my device menu patch, but before that is feasible the Preware really needs to start supporting those dependencies in patches.

at first my mode switches were slow and incomplete, eg the wallpaper wouldn't change. But now after some reboots that is fixed. I have a 'Let me sleep' mode that is not triggering at night but works manually. My morning one triggers fine but a also have an programmed restart every morning. Maybe that late in the day w/o a restart causes it? It hasn't been consistent error yet. Will keep you posted.
    I lately learned about a JSJSJS $garbage$ $collector$ &$quot$;$feature$&$quot$; $that$ $is$ $most$ $likely$ $causing$ $those$ $rare$ $mode$ $switching$ $not$ $completing$ $and$ $some$ $other$ $rare$ $bugs$ $involved$ $with$ $Mojo$ $system$ $requests$. $I$ $will$ $fix$ $this$ $as$ $a$ $first$ $thing$ $when$ $I$ $get$ $back$ $to$ $coding$ $MS$ $since$ $if$ $this$ $really$ $is$ $the$ $cause$ $then$ $the$ $fix$ $is$ $easy$ $and$ $should$ $remove$ $the$ $number$ $one$ $problem$ $that$ $I$ $have$ $encountered$ $with$ $WebOS$.

my phone will slow down/lock/crash when the banner 'starting default mode' appears. Ironically I have banners disabled, and it will begin starting default mode when it is already in default mode, sometimes several times a day. So far I only have 'Let me work' 'Let me sleep' and 'morning' modes, where the latter 2 have timers, by selection and immediate respectively.
    Some people have had this restarting of default mode occurring including me. For me it stopped when I doctored my phone to 1.4.1, but I still think that there is some problem with startup feature, but will have to see what. But actually the above garbage collector thing might also be the reason for this so will fix that first and see if it helps.

on default mode it still says Sprint. No biggie. If I snatched ur .patch file I prolly could do it myself but I like getting ur updates.
    This should not be possible. Most likely the default mode configuration you have has a problem. I'll have to add a way to reset the default mode / modes configuration. If you have had older version before in your current installation then it is most likely some bug in my configuration updating routing or if your current version is the first installed then there might be some bug in creating of the default mode. Anyway will check this too.

[QUOTE=mkhiggins5;2365723]
    You mean that you would like to activate a different mode than the default or last active mode in boot? Since at least I think that if you always want to have a mode activated on boot then why is not the default mode ok for that?[/QUOTE
    I am going to try a mode (one day unless someone can verify if this works or not) to open/close immediate, launch apps I want in the background and then close apps started. Setting the unique time triggers throughout the day.

thx again. I cannot wait to see you rock this thing out (in May. Of course...)
    Thanks to you for the bug report and suggestions, they are always welcomed.
  6.    #886  
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    About Brightness Unlinked:

I really like the program, or at least I did when it was working correctly. Unfortunately, the old version has problems constantly restarting, and the new version forces itself to stay active in the dashboard otherwise it doesn't work.

I've decided that the simplest thing to do is just to have the minimum screen brightness on all my modes default to 4% or higher. 4% is where the keyboard lights will kick in on their own, and is just enough to be able to type in the dark.

Just a suggestion for anyone having trouble with BU.
    I also used BU before MS, but then I discovered that 5% is just perfect for me for both keyboard and screen brightness. And when in outside mode I guess that the keyboard light is quite small battery drainer compared to the full brightness screen. I could add the separate brightness for MS, but not very keen on doing at the moment.
    quick stupid question here - if i add a mode to the launcher -- how do i delete it?

thanks
    Rob
  8.    #888  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    quick stupid question here - if i add a mode to the launcher -- how do i delete it?

thanks
    Rob
    As with any other app / icon in launcher (Orange + tap to the icon will popup a delete dialog).
    As with any other app / icon in launcher (Orange + tap to the icon will popup a delete dialog).
    sorry -have a verizon phone i had had ben using the list aps and swipe method to delete -- still learning

thanks again - Rob
    Great app...thanks for all the hard work....donation on the way. This is definitely quality enough for the official catalog (if Palm allows it)
    At least it should show the all day events before other event on the top. For the flashlight I think it is not something that everybody uses so I am a little unwilling to add it, but it would be easy to make a patch that adds that feature to my device menu patch, but before that is feasible the Preware really needs to start supporting those dependencies in patches.
    Re: All Day events, I'll look for this. Just haven't come across any yet.
    Re: Device Menu flashlight,*If you don't plan on making any changes to ur device menu patch, I don't mind adding the code myself if I have ur permission to access ur .patch file. If it works, I can send it back to you for ur repository if there are others who might want it. Thus far I'm not suffering without it...altho I have caught myself lamenting that I didn't have it when it woulda been convenient.
    This should not be possible. Most likely the default mode configuration you have has a problem. I'll have to add a way to reset the default mode / modes configuration. If you have had older version before in your current installation then it is most likely some bug in my configuration updating routing or if your current version is the first installed then there might be some bug in creating of the default mode. Anyway will check this too.
    Fyi, current install of MS (.15) is fresh & immediate after webosdr 1.4.1.1. The Top bar patches (4) this go around has been my first successful install.*

See ya in a week!
  12.    #892  
    Re: All Day events, I'll look for this. Just haven't come across any yet.
    Re: Device Menu flashlight,*If you don't plan on making any changes to ur device menu patch, I don't mind adding the code myself if I have ur permission to access ur .patch file. If it works, I can send it back to you for ur repository if there are others who might want it. Thus far I'm not suffering without it...altho I have caught myself lamenting that I didn't have it when it woulda been convenient.

Sure you can poke around my patch, but rather than doing a completely separate patch I would suggest trying to do a separate patch that would install with both default device menu and with my device menu patch installed. Of course I am not sure if its possible, but usually it is possible to find a way by placing the new code in to areas that my patch don't touch and therefore it would install in both cases.

My opinion just is that if the dependencies would work perfectly with Preware then patch with dependency would be the best way to go so there would not be so many different variations of same patches.

What I would like to have is even more handier way to get the flashlight functionality for example by holding the volume button or center button down for few seconds or shaking the phone when on desktop/apps minimized, but not sure how easily Mojo allows this, but have to dig around some day.
    I installed Mode Switcher and the time trigger does not seem to be happening. I am using a Palm Pre Plus on verizon with webos 1.4.0.
    Any ideas to help this newbie get this app working? Do I have to keep the app open to make it work?
    Thanks!!! Arniep
    Last edited by arniep; 04/12/2010 at 12:21 PM.
  14.    #894  
    Quote Originally Posted by arniep View Post
    I installed Mode Switcher and the time trigger does not seem to be happening. I am using a Palm Pre Plus on verizon with webos 1.4.0.
    Any ideas to help this newbie get this app working? Do I have to keep the app open to make it work?
    Thanks!!! Arniep
    No you don't need to keep the app open, but just make sure that you have enable the MS. And I hope that you are running the latest version. If you still don't get the time trigger to work then I would suggest to play a bit with the settings since most likely you have understand some setting wrongly.
  15.    #895  
    Update on the progress of my thesis. It's now 99% done so couple more days and then it's done. You can expect some sort of new release on the beginning of next week.
    Hey Sconix,

Is there any way you could add a Wifi SSID as a trigger? That way, I don't have to waste battery using a GPS trigger, as my work and home obviously have known wifi SSID's.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    What I don't understand about my 'work' GPS trigger is that I modified the phone's GPS settings using Qualcomm software to allow it to use 5 more modes to find my location. Now when I'm at work, Google Maps has no problem pulling my location pretty accurately, even when I'm on the bottom floor where I spend most of my time.

But Mode Switcher still keeps switching back to default mode as soon as I can no longer see the sky. Shouldn't it be able to use the same GPS features GMaps can?
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    What I don't understand about my 'work' GPS trigger is that I modified the phone's GPS settings using Qualcomm software to allow it to use 5 more modes to find my location. Now when I'm at work, Google Maps has no problem pulling my location pretty accurately, even when I'm on the bottom floor where I spend most of my time.

But Mode Switcher still keeps switching back to default mode as soon as I can no longer see the sky. Shouldn't it be able to use the same GPS features GMaps can?
    sorry - i know this is not on topic but can you tell me how to do this with the qualcom software -- are you talkig about qpst? -- is there a thread on how to do this ? ---

back to this thread -- i think it would be awsome if there was a mode to use the wifi ssid also

thanks
    Rob
    i think it would be awsome if there was a mode to use the wifi ssid also but i am not sure how you would do this since you would have to be searching out the ssid all the time to turn on wifi -- good idea just not sure how it could be implemented

thanks
    Rob
    Actually, you can subscribe to the connection state, which will fire off an event every time the connection state changes (new SSID, Wifi turned on/off, EV lost, etc). In its parameter list is the wifi SSID.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    sorry - i know this is not on topic but can you tell me how to do this with the qualcom software -- are you talkig about qpst? -- is there a thread on how to do this ?
    Yes, QPST.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...light=qpst+gps