40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 44 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494144 ... LastLast
    Removed all patches. Still no luck. Tried the mounting commands. Still cannot remove the six files as "No such files exist."

By the way, when I type the mount / -o remount,rw command I can't tell if anything is happening. It doesn't even give me the prompt back. Is that normal?
  2.    #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAlcatraz View Post
    Removed all patches. Still no luck. Tried the mounting commands. Still cannot remove the six files as "No such files exist."

By the way, when I type the mount / -o remount,rw command I can't tell if anything is happening. It doesn't even give me the prompt back. Is that normal?
    In your case it is not about the existing files. And the mount command should give the prompt back, but anyway you don't need that. Since your case is about 1 chunk failing it means that something has modified the '/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs' $file$. $If$ $you$ $are$ $sure$ $that$ $no$ $patch$ $is$ $touching$ $that$ $file$ $anymore$ $then$ $you$ $can$ $safely$ $restore$ $that$ $from$ $doctor$ $package$ $using$ $the$ $webos$ $file$ $recovery$ $software$ ($don$'$t$ $remember$ $the$ $exact$ $name$ $of$ $the$ $app$ $but$ $there$ $is$ $a$ $app$ $that$ $can$ $be$ $used$ $to$ $restore$ $files$ $to$ $their$ $original$ $state$). $After$ $that$ $the$ $patch$ $should$ $install$ $just$ $fine$.
    i would really like to try this ap. i have added the feed and found mode switcher. when i try to install it also tries to install launch mode switcher at boot -- i get a IPKG error 1 hunk failed. -- i have a bunch of patches installed -- are there any know conflicts? Also i am on verizon and still running 1.4 waiting for 1.4.1 -- could this be causing the issues -- sorry if this is a known issue i scanned most of the pages of this thread but did not find anything

thanks
    Rob
  4.    #864  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i would really like to try this ap. i have added the feed and found mode switcher. when i try to install it also tries to install launch mode switcher at boot -- i get a IPKG error 1 hunk failed. -- i have a bunch of patches installed -- are there any know conflicts? Also i am on verizon and still running 1.4 waiting for 1.4.1 -- could this be causing the issues -- sorry if this is a known issue i scanned most of the pages of this thread but did not find anything

thanks
    Rob
    Only one patch conflicts with the start MS on luna start and that is the start Brightness Unlinked on luna start. So you need to uninstall that. If you really need both then search this thread for workaround for now.
    Hey is it possible to use speed (not sure but couldn't the accelerometer be used for this?) to differentiate between car and home or work: example if you go above a certain speed (5-10mph) it will jump to car mode or another instance being if you are going faster than 50-80mph highway mode can be implicated and turn music up or down, turn BT on, or even open up a app like trapster. Sorry if someone already posted a similar idea after reading through 20 pages my eyes feel burned out....
    I couldn't find the app that resets files, so I just WesOSDoctor'd the whole thing. That's how much I wanted MS and the Mode Menu. Now it works as advertised. Except now my Hide Quick Launch patch won't install. Small price.
    Quote Originally Posted by markryshenry View Post
    Hey is it possible to use speed (not sure but couldn't the accelerometer be used for this?) to differentiate between car and home or work: example if you go above a certain speed (5-10mph) it will jump to car mode or another instance being if you are going faster than 50-80mph highway mode can be implicated and turn music up or down, turn BT on, or even open up a app like trapster. Sorry if someone already posted a similar idea after reading through 20 pages my eyes feel burned out....
    someone correct me if i am wrong but this would have to be based on the GPS not the accelerometer -- that fixes the orientation of the screen not the speed of the unit -- or am i wrong?
  8.    #868  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAlcatraz View Post
    I couldn't find the app that resets files, so I just WesOSDoctor'd the whole thing. That's how much I wanted MS and the Mode Menu. Now it works as advertised. Except now my Hide Quick Launch patch won't install. Small price.
    Yes the hide quick launch always patch conflicts with my patches. But I have mine own quick launch patch in the feed that also adds add/delete pages and possibility to show QL temporally for editing into the app menu. It only hides Quick launch in app launcher, but at some point I try to make it so that you can actually select from menu the behavior (hide always/in app launcher etc). Or at least I will provide another patch that hides it completely, but currently I don't have the time for this.
  9.    #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    someone correct me if i am wrong but this would have to be based on the GPS not the accelerometer -- that fixes the orientation of the screen not the speed of the unit -- or am i wrong?
    Yes this would be the task of GPS. And I might actually add speed as a trigger at some point, but lets see there are so many trigger ideas and at least I will start from those that suit me. Of course big donations might put some other triggers before my needs
    I tried deleting the files and mode menu is still not installing. I'm trying to avoid doctoring as I just don't have the whole day to spend getting all the programs reinstalled today. Any other ideas?
  11.    #871  
    Quote Originally Posted by travistyofjustice View Post
    I tried deleting the files and mode menu is still not installing. I'm trying to avoid doctoring as I just don't have the whole day to spend getting all the programs reinstalled today. Any other ideas?
    Without the ipkg log it is hard to give advice. When the install fails the key things in the log that the Preware lets you view are the ones with red.

BTW: the new Preware alpha and Save/Restore will make it possible to easily install all your Homebrew programs / patches that you had before doctoring. But since they are alpha/beta stage at the moment maybe it is still a good idea to avoid that
    "ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post install script execution"
    Oh I read a post this week and I don't know if anyone brought this up... the issue with more than one GPS triggers and the failure to acquire the second one... I happened to look down at the right moment to watch the first GPS location change to the second (the current location I was attempting to acquire). Looks like it might be acquiring it but failing to add it as the second trigger and replacing the first location. I didn't attempt to repeat it as I was driving at the time but I thought that might be useful information. Great work by the way sconix! Thank you for all the effort and I hope your thesis is progressing well.
  14.    #874  
    "ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post install script execution"
    This is not enough since Preware is not that exact since all errors end with that reason. So the real reason is said already much earlier in the log. It should most likely say something number of chunks failed out of #. Or it could also say reversed patch detected. If it's the chunks failed it means that you have some conflicting patch installed and I can guess what it is if you tell the numbers of that message that how many chunks of how many. But it can be some other also and without the real reason that is said in the log it's hard to guess.
    I was going to recommend this app to this guy in this thread http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...rent-days.html but after looking in the messaging settings I saw that you can't change the sms ringtone for a different mode. So maybe that's on a future list. Hopefully
  16.    #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I was going to recommend this app to this guy in this thread http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...rent-days.html but after looking in the messaging settings I saw that you can't change the sms ringtone for a different mode. So maybe that's on a future list. Hopefully
    Yes it is the list and I would have already added it to the supported features, but I was unable to find a way to change this without introducing a new patch. I have to check if 1.4.x has brought something new to this. So as soon as this is possible without a patch I will add it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This is not enough since Preware is not that exact since all errors end with that reason. So the real reason is said already much earlier in the log. It should most likely say something number of chunks failed out of #. Or it could also say reversed patch detected. If it's the chunks failed it means that you have some conflicting patch installed and I can guess what it is if you tell the numbers of that message that how many chunks of how many. But it can be some other also and without the real reason that is said in the log it's hard to guess.
    I went and checked again and there are no errors listed before the final statement. I will try WOSQI and see if I get different results.
    The error happens during the "removing package (patch name) from root" operation it seems. It doesnt actually list any errors in the log.
  19.    #879  
    The error happens during the "removing package (patch name) from root" operation it seems. It doesnt actually list any errors in the log.
    If there are no actual errors listed then it's hard to say what would help. Maybe one of those EPR patch recovery applications could fix the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If there are no actual errors listed then it's hard to say what would help. Maybe one of those EPR patch recovery applications could fix the situation.
    EPR and a few uninstall/install cycles got it all working again. I was being overly optimistic that AUPT was going to work this time and should have just done that first. Thanks for taking the time to respond sconix.