40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 43 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393143 ... LastLast
    I had the same issues with updating the patches, so I uninstalled everything including the app and reinstalled. The launch on boot and add support for system menus installed fine, but like @JohnLBurger the Mode Menu for Top Bar is throwing up an error.

Not sure how to extract the IPKG log, but from what I can see, this is what it failed on. 'ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution'
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I was thinking about a post you made earlier about linked modes and timed modes.

That could help someone like me who gets limited reception in the actual building where I work: one mode with a GPS trigger activates when I get to work, and then is linked to the actual 'work' mode, which is set to a timer for the length of my shift (8 hours or whatever).
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalMind View Post
    I had the same issues with updating the patches, so I uninstalled everything including the app and reinstalled. The launch on boot and add support for system menus installed fine, but like @JohnLBurger the Mode Menu for Top Bar is throwing up an error.

Not sure how to extract the IPKG log, but from what I can see, this is what it failed on. 'ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution'
    I ran into similar problems install device menus, today menu & mode menu after 1.4 update. Sconix recommended deleting several files (6 in all) manually which fixed my problems then & after 1.4.1.1 update. I used delete file under tools in WebOS Quick Install. Sconix instructions are located at page 34 of this thread. I will find & post.
    Here is Sconix response referenced above. FWIW, I had to delete all 6 files to make it work in WebOS Quick Install.

It might be that at least mode and today menu patch will add files so those repair utilities don't remove these and that why the patch don't install. So try to remove following files and see if mode menu patch installs:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/statusmenu
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/statusmenu

Note that if you had older version previously installed then replace statusmenu with modemenu and for todaymenu patch replace it with todaymenu. If the patch wont install after this then there still has to be some file that is not in original shape.
    So I followed bliip1234's suggestions and it worked. I was able to successfully install the mode menu patch and the today menu patch. Here's what I did.

Using WOSQI, I went to the Linux Command Line menu entry. I typed the following commands:

rm /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/statusmenu*
    rm /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/todaymenu*
    rm /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/statusmenu/*
    rmdir /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/statusmenu
    rm /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/todaymenu/*
    rmdir /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/todaymenu

After I did that, I was able to reinstall both the today menu and status menu patches and they are working great. Thanks bliip1234!
    Last edited by chiefplt; 04/01/2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: typo
    @bliip1234 & @chiefplt Thanks so much to you both, and to @sconix, the status menu commands did the trick and I was finally able to reinstall the mode menu for top bar patch. I'm a happy chappy now It's just so convenient to be able to switch profiles so quickly.

Really looking forward to the development of this, keep up the great work Janne
    Just threw a small donation your way to show my appreciation. I suggest anyone else that's enjoying this app to also do the same, lets face it...this is one of the best apps around
  8.    #848  
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalMind View Post
    @bliip1234 & @chiefplt Thanks so much to you both, and to @sconix, the status menu commands did the trick and I was finally able to reinstall the mode menu for top bar patch. I'm a happy chappy now It's just so convenient to be able to switch profiles so quickly.

Really looking forward to the development of this, keep up the great work Janne
    Nice to see that the problems are starting to solve. So it seems that something in the AUPT scripts maybe does not take care of those extra files at least in a update situation. And thanks for those that posted the instructions since I am busy at the moment. I will be so relieved when this thesis is done that there are no words for it
    Does anybody know or know how to get launch parameters for common applications?

For instance, I have a mode that launches when I put my Pre on the touchstone in the car. It would be nice to launch Sprint Navigation with the 3D map view loaded and the Music App with the "Shuffle All" option started. But I don't know how to pass these as launch parameters to those apps.

Anybody have any ideas?
    I just realised that with a combination of GPS, Accelerometer position, and touchstone detection, Mode Switcher would be able to distinguish between all three of my touchstones - one on the desk at work (horizontal position), one on the bedside table at home (horizontal position) and one in the car (vertical position) - and do different things for each (normal at work, screen always on in the car, screen completely off at home).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11.    #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    Does anybody know or know how to get launch parameters for common applications?

For instance, I have a mode that launches when I put my Pre on the touchstone in the car. It would be nice to launch Sprint Navigation with the 3D map view loaded and the Music App with the "Shuffle All" option started. But I don't know how to pass these as launch parameters to those apps.

Anybody have any ideas?
    Don't know about Sprint Navigation, but the default music player app don't have any launch parameters. Of course it would be possible to make small patch for music player app to add this functionality.
    the default music player app don't have any launch parameters.
    Any idea about the Music (Remix) app?
  13.    #853  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I just realised that with a combination of GPS, Accelerometer position, and touchstone detection, Mode Switcher would be able to distinguish between all three of my touchstones - one on the desk at work (horizontal position), one on the bedside table at home (horizontal position) and one in the car (vertical position) - and do different things for each (normal at work, screen always on in the car, screen completely off at home).

-- Rod
    In the beginning I was so hoping that Touchstones would have some id and Pre would get it somehow, but of course it was too much to ask. Therefore time trigger + popup for selecting mode from multiple modes was born so I could somehow separate the situation at most times, but then select manually the correct mode in cross cases. Then I figured the location trigger could help in my work / home mode, but not for the car mode. So you can see that the identifying TS has been one important target

The accelerometer position never came to my mind, but actually I could also use that to identify my car touchstone so might be that this trigger is the next trigger that I implement of course after the thesis is done...

EDIT: well to be exact not the next trigger but most likely orientation option for charger trigger etc. will have to see what is the best way, but anyway will implement this.
  14.    #854  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    Any idea about the Music (Remix) app?
    Nope that neither supports any launch parameters. I also would like to have the music app to go to shuffle mode in my car mode so I might make the patch at some point when I have time.
    I haven't ever been able to get Add Support for for System Menus to install correctly. Of course that means I've never gotten anything that depends on it to work either. I tried on system 1.35 and now 1.4.1.1.

Right now, all patches and MS are removed. When I try to install Add Support I get:

Install
    Begin...
    Installing...
    Downloading...
    Configuring...
    Confirm
    User consent...
    Approve
    User approved...
    Unlock
    Nothing Interesting
    Postinst
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file...
    Lock
    Nothing interesting.
    Remove
    Removing package...
    FAILED
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

Looks like the same problem others have had, but when I type in the LINUX commands mentioned earlier I am told "No such file or directory." That goes for all 6 lines.

Am I missing something really obvious?
    Getting exactly the same results as DAlcatraz.
  17.    #857  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAlcatraz View Post
    I haven't ever been able to get Add Support for for System Menus to install correctly. Of course that means I've never gotten anything that depends on it to work either. I tried on system 1.35 and now 1.4.1.1.

Looks like the same problem others have had, but when I type in the LINUX commands mentioned earlier I am told "No such file or directory." That goes for all 6 lines.

Am I missing something really obvious?
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Getting exactly the same results as DAlcatraz.
    You both have some patch that is conflicting with my patch. But since it is only 1 chunk that is failing I might be able to modify the patch so that it installs for you. I would need to know what top bar related patches you have installed. Also theme might edit some file that is causing this but that is more unlikely. It would also help greatly if you tell what is the chunk that is failing. The log should tell that.
    You both have some patch that is conflicting with my patch. But since it is only 1 chunk that is failing I might be able to modify the patch so that it installs for you. I would need to know what top bar related patches you have installed. Also theme might edit some file that is causing this but that is more unlikely. It would also help greatly if you tell what is the chunk that is failing. The log should tell that.
    I've got the same issue with no other top bar patches since the 1.4.1.1 update. MS was working perfectly beforehand. I've tried a lot of combinations of patch uninstall/reinstalls to no avail. I'm planning to try bliip and chief's idea when I get back to work on Monday. I have no QI or novaterm at home, and I get a read-only filesystem error when I try to remove the files using Terminal on the Pre.
  19.    #859  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I've got the same issue with no other top bar patches since the 1.4.1.1 update. MS was working perfectly beforehand. I've tried a lot of combinations of patch uninstall/reinstalls to no avail. I'm planning to try bliip and chief's idea when I get back to work on Monday. I have no QI or novaterm at home, and I get a read-only filesystem error when I try to remove the files using Terminal on the Pre.
    When you are removing files using terminal you need to mount the root as read-write:

mount / -o remount,rw

And when done then remount it again as read-only:

mount / -o remount,ro

But if the error that you get is chunks failed then it means that you have some patch installed that is conflicting with these patches. I have tried to apply all the patches to clean install of 1.4.1.1 and 1.4.1 and they will install without problems.
    When you are removing files using terminal you need to mount the root as read-write:

mount / -o remount,rw

And when done then remount it again as read-only:

mount / -o remount,ro

But if the error that you get is chunks failed then it means that you have some patch installed that is conflicting with these patches. I have tried to apply all the patches to clean install of 1.4.1.1 and 1.4.1 and they will install without problems.
    Back in action! Thanks.