View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 42 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292142 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 3326
  1. #821  
    I'm getting the same - can't install the updated patches on 1.4.1.1.

    IPKG Log for Launch Mode Switcher at Boot:
    Code:
    Prerm
    All of the files in the patch are already stock (most likely due to OTA update)
    SUCCESS
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.launch-mode-switcher-at-boot/launch-mode-switcher-at-boot.patch: No such file or directory
    with an "ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'remove' operation"

    I get a similar error for Add Support for System Menus. I understand you may not get to these today - that's fine, take as long as you need! Just thought this may help out some.

    Thanks!
  2.    #822  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    I'm getting the same - can't install the updated patches on 1.4.1.1.

    IPKG Log for Launch Mode Switcher at Boot:
    Code:
    Prerm
    All of the files in the patch are already stock (most likely due to OTA update)
    SUCCESS
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.launch-mode-switcher-at-boot/launch-mode-switcher-at-boot.patch: No such file or directory
    with an "ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'remove' operation"

    I get a similar error for Add Support for System Menus. I understand you may not get to these today - that's fine, take as long as you need! Just thought this may help out some.

    Thanks!
    So you cannot uninstall? That's different than being unable to install. The uninstalling is Preware's duty. What I can gather from the error, Preware has already removed the files that the patch package has, but not the patch package itself.

    Does others have this same problem? For example ericizzy1 do you also have the problems when uninstalling the patch and not in the installing of new version?
  3. #823  
    I couldn't get the patch to just update either, so I had to uninstall. I uninstalled, then reinstalled both the ap and the new patch (1.4.1) and it seems to have worked fine.
  4. #824  
    I uninstalled everything after having some difficulty.

    Then I was able to reinstall the app, the "load mode switcher at boot" patch and the "support for top bar menus" patch.

    But I still can't reinstall the "mode menu" patch or the "today menu" patch. I'm getting a post-install error with both of those. The error is the same for both.

    It fails here:

    Remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu from root...

    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution


    It looks like the post-install script is trying to remove the patch before installing the new one, but I already removed it. Is that causing the problem?
  5. #825  
    Hmm, good point. I'll try first removing all three (don't use Today Menu patch) and see how that works.
  6. #826  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    I uninstalled everything after having some difficulty.

    Then I was able to reinstall the app, the "load mode switcher at boot" patch and the "support for top bar menus" patch.

    But I still can't reinstall the "mode menu" patch or the "today menu" patch. I'm getting a post-install error with both of those. The error is the same for both.

    It fails here:

    Remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu from root...

    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution


    It looks like the post-install script is trying to remove the patch before installing the new one, but I already removed it. Is that causing the problem?
    Same problem here. Here's the log:

    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Thu Apr 1 13:53:34 EDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu/top-bar-system-mode-menu.patch

    ----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    ----------------------------------
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 2963 (offset 42 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 2974 (offset 42 lines).
    Hunk #6 succeeded at 3139 (offset 42 lines).
    Hunk #7 succeeded at 4755 (offset 42 lines).
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/sources.json

    ----------------------------------
    Verify file replacements...
    ----------------------------------
    *** FAILED ***
  7. #827  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I will. Most likely not today, but at least tomorrow.
    Check out this thread, it is from the timepiece app last page

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ck-app-30.html

    The developer there is having problems aswell with the new update. He has said palm has changed some code that they havent touched in the last 3 updates. Maybe it is the same code that yours uses.

    I cannot open Mode switcher as well. Was having to many other problems so I doctored and will wait for your fixes.
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
  8. #828  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    I uninstalled everything after having some difficulty.

    Then I was able to reinstall the app, the "load mode switcher at boot" patch and the "support for top bar menus" patch.

    But I still can't reinstall the "mode menu" patch or the "today menu" patch. I'm getting a post-install error with both of those. The error is the same for both.

    It fails here:

    Remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu from root...

    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution


    It looks like the post-install script is trying to remove the patch before installing the new one, but I already removed it. Is that causing the problem?
    Just posting to confirm that I'm also having this issue.
  9. #829  
    I cannot update or remove Launch Mode Switcher at Startup because Mode Switcher depends on it. I would have to delete Mode Switcher in order to remove that patch. But I don't want to lose all my settings. Any way to save or back up the settings to prevent this?

    The log says I can force it with "-force-depends." I don't have my Pre rooted anymore. Would I be able to do this with WOSQI? If so, would it just be this?
    Code:
    rm /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.launch-mode-switcher-at-boot/launch-mode-switcher-at-boot.patch -force-depends
    Also, I was able to remove (with Preware) both the other patches (Add Support for... and Mode Menu...). I then reinstalled Add Support for System Menus. But when I try to install Mode Menu for Top Bar, it ends with a generic error after the first line of the Remove process (same as in some posts above).
  10.    #830  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    I cannot update or remove Launch Mode Switcher at Startup because Mode Switcher depends on it. I would have to delete Mode Switcher in order to remove that patch. But I don't want to lose all my settings. Any way to save or back up the settings to prevent this?

    The log says I can force it with "-force-depends." I don't have my Pre rooted anymore. Would I be able to do this with WOSQI? If so, would it just be this?
    Code:
    rm /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.launch-mode-switcher-at-boot/launch-mode-switcher-at-boot.patch -force-depends
    Also, I was able to remove (with Preware) both the other patches (Add Support for... and Mode Menu...). I then reinstalled Add Support for System Menus. But when I try to install Mode Menu for Top Bar, it ends with a generic error after the first line of the Remove process (same as in some posts above).
    When you uninstall Mode Switcher you don't loose your settings. What comes to those uninstalling issues I don't know what I could do since it is Prewares job to uninstall a patch. I guess it has to be the dependencies that the patches have that have caused these problems. If I would have realized that it can cause problems I would have adviced to uninstall MS and patches before update.

    I have to think if there would be some easy way to remove the patches after the mess that Preware has done
  11. #831  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    When you uninstall Mode Switcher you don't loose your settings. What comes to those uninstalling issues I don't know what I could do since it is Prewares job to uninstall a patch. I guess it has to be the dependencies that the patches have that have caused these problems. If I would have realized that it can cause problems I would have adviced to uninstall MS and patches before update.

    I have to think if there would be some easy way to remove the patches after the mess that Preware has done
    Sweet. I'll go ahead an remove both, then try installing them.

    Thanks so much for your quick responses!
  12.    #832  
    Quote Originally Posted by pattavino View Post
    Check out this thread, it is from the timepiece app last page

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ck-app-30.html

    The developer there is having problems aswell with the new update. He has said palm has changed some code that they havent touched in the last 3 updates. Maybe it is the same code that yours uses.

    I cannot open Mode switcher as well. Was having to many other problems so I doctored and will wait for your fixes.
    MS is working just fine with 1.4.1. As I have said if the MS won't start it is because the patch Start Mode Switcher on Luna Boot is not installed properly or you Pre installation has some problem related to luna.conf.

    I always do doctor installation when new versions are released so I have never had any problems. Without access to a device that has this startup problem I cannot debug and provide fix. And this is not MS fault or should not even be the patches or the dependencies fault. Since it is the most simplest patch that only edits one line in luna.conf.
  13.    #833  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    I uninstalled everything after having some difficulty.

    Then I was able to reinstall the app, the "load mode switcher at boot" patch and the "support for top bar menus" patch.

    But I still can't reinstall the "mode menu" patch or the "today menu" patch. I'm getting a post-install error with both of those. The error is the same for both.

    It fails here:

    Remove
    Removing package org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu from root...

    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution


    It looks like the post-install script is trying to remove the patch before installing the new one, but I already removed it. Is that causing the problem?
    I am pretty sure that this situation is caused by the dependency in the patch. This has happened to me couple times, but I haven't succeeded in replicating the problem so that I could send a bug report and possible fix for Preware team. I haven't never needed to use the Emergency Patch Recovery tools so I am not sure if they could be used to fix this situation.
  14. #834  
    To get my patch to update I had to uninstall the program. Then I could update the patch and reinstall the program. All of my modes were still there. I then installed all the other patches I had in relation to MS.
  15.    #835  
    Once again the update has caused some troubles with the patches. So here is short guide what to try first. So if you haven't updated to 1.4.1 yet, but are planning to then first uninstall the MS app, then the start at boot patch. Then if you have menu patches then uninstall them and last the add support for system menu patch. Then install everything again after update.

    For those that have already updated and are experiencing problems then first try to uninstall everything as above. If successful then install everything again. If still MS won't start try rebooting the phone. The only reason why MS won't start is that it is not started on phone boot. There are some people that have experienced this problem even if the patch is successfully installed. Then the fault is either the luna.conf has not been changed by the patch for some odd reason. Or some other fault in the WebOS installation.

    For those that cannot uninstall the patches I'll try to come up with a generic script or package that would cleanup everything MS related. If someone has a good idea why this is happening then show your self Since I am pretty sure that this is caused by the dependency and I though that this would happen if you try to uninstall the patch before uninstalling the app, but haven't succeed in replicating the problem. So currently I think this is some rare bug in Preware/aupt scripts that causes this unclean removal of patches.

    And once more so nobody needs not to worry: If you uninstall MS you wont loose your mode configuration
  16. #836  
    Sounds good. I now how MS back installed and everything looks good, except: I still can't reinstall Mode Menu for Top Bar. In the log it fails after trying to remove it (but I've already removed it and am not trying to Update).

    But since MS is working, then this is more minor. I suspect whatever you come up with for removing them cleaner should fix my issue.
  17.    #837  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Sounds good. I now how MS back installed and everything looks good, except: I still can't reinstall Mode Menu for Top Bar. In the log it fails after trying to remove it (but I've already removed it and am not trying to Update).

    But since MS is working, then this is more minor. I suspect whatever you come up with for removing them cleaner should fix my issue.
    Could you or someone with this uninstall problem attach the whole preware log file here. So I could be certain of what the problem is. Or if someone with the problem could come to IRC so I could suggest couple fixes for trying would be even better.
  18. #838  
    hi,

    I have been using MS. For turning 3G data connection on and off during daytime in order to save power. I did notice it could save a bit power. However, I also find that I was not so convenient. For examples, when the pre was trigger to switch to data connexion mode. I received email. After few minutes when I reply. I found it was switch back to no data connexion mode due to my schedule setting.

    I know that some people requist a patch that could automatically trigger 3G data connection when start an internet related program and will turn off the data connexion when screen display is off.

    consider my real life practise and the other users' wants.
    I think the mode switcher could add a app trigger on and off function I.e. If you are starting or using an app, the mode start, if some of the app close, the mode will close also.
    furthermore, can we change the quicker time to start the mode from 5 seconds to immediate?


    therfore
  19.    #839  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylawca View Post
    hi,

    I have been using MS. For turning 3G data connection on and off during daytime in order to save power. I did notice it could save a bit power. However, I also find that I was not so convenient. For examples, when the pre was trigger to switch to data connexion mode. I received email. After few minutes when I reply. I found it was switch back to no data connexion mode due to my schedule setting.

    I know that some people requist a patch that could automatically trigger 3G data connected when start an internet related program and will turn off the data connexion when screen display is off.

    consider my real life practise and the other users' wants.
    I think the mode switcher could add a app trigger on and off function I.e. If you are starting or using an app, the mode start, if some of the app close, the mode will close also.
    furthermore, can we change the quicker time to start the mode from 5 seconds to immediate?


    therfore
    At least currently I don't know how to get information of when app is closed. At least there is no direct support in WebOS. So sure if this would be possible I would add a trigger for this.

    And you can set mode to start immediately just select immediate from the modes start / close selector.
  20. #840  
    I also could not update the patch. Went in PreWare, uninstalled MS. Then pressed "Restart later", and the patch update went perfectly. Again pressed "Restart later", reinstalled MS, then restarted Luna, and voila, everyting is back online.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions