• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 41 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    I'm not certain about this, but I couldn't get my GPS to get past "locating" either (even though gmaps was fine) until I removed a time trigger that was part of the same mode too. Once I removed that time trigger (and I removed the GPS trigger that was still spinning its wheels), when I added a GPS trigger back (as the ONLY trigger) it found a GPS position right away. Then I appended my time trigger.
    You're definately on to something here. When I set up my work mode yesterday, GPS trigger was the first trigger I tried to set and it found my location in only a few seconds. When I got home last night I tried to add a GPS trigger to my night mode. No luck. After reading your post I deleted the other night mode triggers, added a GPS trigger, and my location was found in a few seconds.
  2.    #802  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgyo View Post
    You're definately on to something here. When I set up my work mode yesterday, GPS trigger was the first trigger I tried to set and it found my location in only a few seconds. When I got home last night I tried to add a GPS trigger to my night mode. No luck. After reading your post I deleted the other night mode triggers, added a GPS trigger, and my location was found in a few seconds.
    Actually now when I think this more it might have been the case for me too when I tested that I had other triggers also and then it did not retrieve the location. If this really is the case then there is a small bug that it just don't update the location trigger UI part when location is retrieved if other triggers exists. I have to check this at some point when I need a brake from writing. Since this might be a simple fix if this is the case.
    Quick question: Is there anything associated with Mode Switcher that I would need to address before the next webOS update comes out? I know the app will be fine, but I guess I'm just making sure that the associated patches are AUPT compatible. Otherwise, I'll use WOSQI to unpatch.

BTW, this app is AMAZING! I've had it three days and LOVE it! THANKS!
  4.    #804  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Quick question: Is there anything associated with Mode Switcher that I would need to address before the next webOS update comes out? I know the app will be fine, but I guess I'm just making sure that the associated patches are AUPT compatible. Otherwise, I'll use WOSQI to unpatch.

BTW, this app is AMAZING! I've had it three days and LOVE it! THANKS!
    Patches should be AUPT compatible so you should be fine even if you leave them installed. Thanks, nice to here that you like the app even I still think that it is missing so much
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Did that not closing of mode happen with 0.9.14 or with the latest 0.9.15? Since with .14 I can see this happening, but with the latest it would mean that there is still some problem with the time trigger. If this happens constantly or often with the latest then please report back so I know that time trigger still needs a bit more work.
    I've only used 0.9.15 so far (I only became aware of Mode Switcher a few days ago - and this was a MUCH DESIRED app in my mind from my Treo 700p days so glad to see someone working on this - its huge!).

Time triggers alone are working great! Time triggers WITH a location trigger don't seem to be taking effect (and that's with 'required' set to 'all unique'). I'm still messing around with it so I'm not calling it a bug yet. I'm happy to mess around with this - you're doing an excellent job here!

In the case of a mode that has a location trigger associated with it, when you leave the radius of that trigger, should it switch back to the default mode or does some OTHER mode need to trigger to effect a mode change?

Gerry
  6.    #806  
    I've only used 0.9.15 so far (I only became aware of Mode Switcher a few days ago - and this was a MUCH DESIRED app in my mind from my Treo 700p days so glad to see someone working on this - its huge!).

Time triggers alone are working great! Time triggers WITH a location trigger don't seem to be taking effect (and that's with 'required' set to 'all unique'). I'm still messing around with it so I'm not calling it a bug yet. I'm happy to mess around with this - you're doing an excellent job here!

In the case of a mode that has a location trigger associated with it, when you leave the radius of that trigger, should it switch back to the default mode or does some OTHER mode need to trigger to effect a mode change?

Gerry
    It is very likely that location trigger + other triggers has bugs since the last changes to the app has been completely without testing from me due to the time allocation problems that I currently have When I get back on developing MS at full speed the first thing I do is a set of tests to find last bugs with the current three triggers mainly the location trigger. After they are fixed then there shall be few new triggers introduced to the code.

And when ever the mode triggers come as called invalid then the default mode is switched to. Of course if some other mode triggers come valid while other mode is valid then the mode is switched to unless the mode has other modes triggers blocked setting set. In future version I am thinking of introducing mode trigger that would provide 2 features: 1) starting of mode based on some other mode to get closed for making it possible to chain modes, 2) starting mode when some other modes are not active. For example you could do mode that would activate when you are not in home or work mode.

Anyway lots of different kind of triggers coming on after April that should give lots of new ways of using the modes
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Looks like (for me anyway) Mode Switcher is not getting past the splash screen (same problem the Engadget app is having) since updating to 1.4.1.1 (sprint).
    Looks like (for me anyway) Mode Switcher is not getting past the splash screen (same problem the Engadget app is having) since updating to 1.4.1.1 (sprint).
    Yep, me too. Sprint, 1.4.1.1, nothing but splash screen.
    wasn't this update supposed to enble apps to work in the background? Maybe that's causing MS not to work.
    I was having the same problem with 1.4.1.1 (splash screen, frozen). Went to preware, uninstalled the app and the patch, restart luna, reinstall both in preware, and now it seems to be working ok. I'm guessing something with the patch and AUPT didn't work right.
  11.    #811  
    Quote Originally Posted by drossing View Post
    I was having the same problem with 1.4.1.1 (splash screen, frozen). Went to preware, uninstalled the app and the patch, restart luna, reinstall both in preware, and now it seems to be working ok. I'm guessing something with the patch and AUPT didn't work right.
    At least the patches should use the same AUPT scripts than other patches in Preware. If just reinstalling the patch helped then good. At least when these patches hit the WebOS Internals feed they are using the latest AUPT version automatically.

Actually why the patch most likely fails to update is the dependency that the MS has to it. Since Preware still does not handle the dependencies properly when updating so I guess it also causes problems when the OS is updated. So I guess everyone needs to re-install the patch manually.
    Last edited by sconix; 04/01/2010 at 02:49 AM.
    I'm personally having nothing to do with 1.4.1.1 until everything is stable, including all the apps I use and the 800Mhz patch.

I even ran
    Code:
    cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    killall UpdateDaemon
    to disable auto updates until I decide it's time.
    after update I cannot get Add support for system menues to reinstall or Mode meneu for topbar patch to reinstall. Help please. Love this app and use topbar frequently
  14.    #814  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    after update I cannot get Add support for system menues to reinstall or Mode meneu for topbar patch to reinstall. Help please. Love this app and use topbar frequently
    Some files has changed and therefore not all patches install cleanly. I am currently updating the patches so expect 1.4.1 version of the patches soon.
    thank you for your quick response sconix. Love the app. What a time for an update, thesis time sorry.
  16.    #816  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    thank you for your quick response sconix. Love the app. What a time for an update, thesis time sorry.
    Yep for me the WebOS updates have come at the most inconvenient times Well luckily the updating of patches was not a big task.

So 1.4.1 version of the patches are now available. If you are still running 1.4.0 then of course you don't update. Not sure if Preware even let's, but just in case it let's you install these 1.4.1 versions for 1.4.0 then don't
    sorry for posting this here, but couldnt find anywhere else to communicate with you.
    would u PLEASE be able to update your patch for today top bar menu(for calendar shortcuts) to work with 1.4.1.1?

thnk you very much
  18.    #818  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    sorry for posting this here, but couldnt find anywhere else to communicate with you.
    would u PLEASE be able to update your patch for today top bar menu(for calendar shortcuts) to work with 1.4.1.1?

thnk you very much
    Shouldn't 1.4.1.1 be very close to 1.4.1 so won't those new versions of the patches install?
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Shouldn't 1.4.1.1 be very close to 1.4.1 so won't those new versions of the patches install?
    it doesnt. please look into it if u can. thanks much
  20.    #820  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    it doesnt. please look into it if u can. thanks much
    I will. Most likely not today, but at least tomorrow.