• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 40 of 167 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090140 ... LastLast
  1.    #781  
    New bug fix release (0.9.14). Location trigger should not close the mode now if GPS is unable to retrieve current location. Also couple small optimizations for location trigger. Larger optimizations for location trigger has to wait 2 weeks. I also did small changes to handling screen turn off and application starting/closing. If you still have problems with these please report since I am not sure if the problems are yet completely fixed. The more precise bug report you can give the more likely it is that I'll release a fix for it. Since for the next 2 weeks I don't have time to do extensive tests / big changes.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Sconix, in a post-thesis update, would it be possible to have a vibrate only option when the ringer switch is on? Does the API allow it?
    I was wondering the same thing. My temporary solution is just to have my 'quiet' mode set to Sound & Vibrate with the volume set to 0.
    I figured out my problems after looking at a few other posts and finally got MS loaded and working!! Yay!

Thanks for your help!

Paula
    Any chance of getting separate volume sliders for 'Alert' and 'Notification' sounds? I'm using the Separate Tones for SMS Contacts patch. It affords the option of setting not only SMS tones per contact but separate tones for Alerts and Notifications. It seems that the System volume settings currently available in Mode Switcher don't catch those with that patch installed.

As a result Alerts and Notifications still sound when emails arrive / all day events set for reminders a day or more in advance (they go off at Midnight) occur during my 'Night Mode' i.e. Media & System sounds set to '0', ringer at 100. I know I can set data to 'off' for the email but the I'm at a loss about the Notifications.

That said......This is a truly fabulous app! Fan-freakin'-tastic!! THANK YOU!!!
    Last edited by SlapVanVoila; 03/29/2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: clarity
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
  6.    #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Sconix, in a post-thesis update, would it be possible to have a vibrate only option when the ringer switch is on? Does the API allow it?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    Any chance of getting separate volume sliders for 'Alert' and 'Notification' sounds? I'm using the Separate Tones for SMS Contacts patch. It affords the option of setting not only SMS tones per contact but separate tones for Alerts and Notifications. It seems that the System volume settings currently available in Mode Switcher don't catch those with that patch installed.

As a result Alerts and Notifications still sound when emails arrive / all day events set for reminders a day or more in advance (they go off at Midnight) occur during my 'Night Mode' i.e. Media & System sounds set to '0', ringer at 100. I know I can set data to 'off' for the email but the I'm at a loss about the Notifications.

That said......This is a truly fabulous app! Fan-freakin'-tastic!! THANK YOU!!!
    It would be possible to add a vibrate setting for ringer, but this is not directly allowed by the API and it would be kind of hack. I would like to keep the settings some what "sync" with normal settings found in WebOS. So that is the reason why I did not add this already. And you can still implement this with setting the ringer to sound+Vibrate and then just set ringer volume to 0.

It seems that alert and notifications sound is tied to ringer volume. So this also would need to be a some kind of 'hack' if I would add some specific way to silence them. But as soon as it is possible to have these in some what WebOS way I will add them.
  7.    #787  
    One more update (0.9.15) I realized that the way I fixed the location trigger closing when no GPS signal only works if no other triggers. This one should have a proper fix that works with other triggers also.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    how close do you think this is to being in the regular preware feed? Wonder if I should try now or wait.
  9.    #789  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    how close do you think this is to being in the regular preware feed? Wonder if I should try now or wait.
    Code vice there are still few problem areas, but nothing big and most of the features work already quite well so I am currently adding the app and patches to regular Preware feeds. Actually I am only waiting for the patches to go through. And when the patches hit the Preware feed it should be matter of day or two for the app to get there also. So should not be long anymore.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    In system settings, do you realize that you can swipe away entire sections? Is that intentional?
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It seems that alert and notifications sound is tied to ringer volume.
    Yeah, that's what I get for posting after too many hours in the books myself. I knew that, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So this also would need to be a some kind of 'hack' if I would add some specific way to silence them. But as soon as it is possible to have these in some what WebOS way I will add them.
    Alternately could we get a way, similar to selecting a ringtone, to select Alert and Notification tones similar to the Separate Tones for SMS Contacts patch?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...r-contact.html

That way one could select a separate tone for Alerts and Notifications. In the case of my 'Night' mode, I'd use a tone I created that is simply silence and select it for Alerts and Notifications.
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    That way one could select a separate tone for Alerts and Notifications. In the case of my 'Night' mode, I'd use a tone I created that is simply silence and select it for Alerts and Notifications.
    For my "Bedside Mode" I just turn off data so I don't have to worry about email tones. I guess I never worried about people texting me in the middle of the night because all my friends sleep the same hours I do.
  13.    #793  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    In system settings, do you realize that you can swipe away entire sections? Is that intentional?
    I guess you mean default mode. And yes it is intentional. For example someone might want to leave some settings group completely away from every mode so that those settings are not touched at all by MS.
  14.    #794  
    I definitely want to address this some how in the future, but just not sure how at the moment. The only thing that is sure is that I want to avoid "hacks" and totally different configuration ways that exists in WebOS.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    For my "Bedside Mode" I just turn off data so I don't have to worry about email tones. I guess I never worried about people texting me in the middle of the night because all my friends sleep the same hours I do.
    The answer was so obvious! I wanted email to be completely silent in night mode but all I managed was reducing it to a vibrate. It never occured to me to turn off data in night mode. Head->wall->bang!

By the way, today I managed to set a GPS trigger for the first time. Not sure what the problem was before (I had been trying with every release that included GPS triggers) but the trigger was always stuck on "locating." I even left it running overnight once. After today's upgrade I figured I would give it another shot, bingo. It registered my office's location almost immediately.

@spare: Come on in, the water's fine!
  16.    #796  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgyo View Post
    The answer was so obvious! I wanted email to be completely silent in night mode but all I managed was reducing it to a vibrate. It never occured to me to turn off data in night mode. Head->wall->bang!

By the way, today I managed to set a GPS trigger for the first time. Not sure what the problem was before (I had been trying with every release that included GPS triggers) but the trigger was always stuck on "locating." I even left it running overnight once. After today's upgrade I figured I would give it another shot, bingo. It registered my office's location almost immediately.

@spare: Come on in, the water's fine!
    This happens to me also at least in my area the GPS is not the fastest at finding fix and I think one reason is also that when setting the location trigger I ask for the most accurate result from WebOS and maybe with a bit less accurate request it would respond more quickly. Anyway there will be address/map based way of setting the location at some point anyway. The location trigger is just so slow to test and fine tune that did not had the time for now.
    It works great for me and I appreciate your work on this! Now, you should really get your thesis done!

Paula
  18.    #798  
    Quote Originally Posted by vidahlia View Post
    It works great for me and I appreciate your work on this! Now, you should really get your thesis done!

Paula
    Thanks, MS should be now in a shape that it works for most people (i.e. most features starts to be bug free), but still would rather use my spare time for MS than for my thesis. Luckily I now really need to finish my thesis so I'll be able to keep away from MS and do some writing
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgyo View Post
    I'm not certain about this, but I couldn't get my GPS to get past "locating" either (even though gmaps was fine) until I removed a time trigger that was part of the same mode too. Once I removed that time trigger (and I removed the GPS trigger that was still spinning its wheels), when I added a GPS trigger back (as the ONLY trigger) it found a GPS position right away. Then I appended my time trigger.

Unrelated - I have two triggers for my "At Work" mode. One is "weekdays from 8AM to 6PM" and the other is the GPS location at work. When the time expires and I'm still at work, mode switcher doesn't change modes. I have "required" set to "all unique". Even when I leave work and go home (and its well past 6pm too) the mode never changes out of the "At Work" mode. Wouldn't normally mention this yet since I'm still fiddling but since I was here typing already...
  20.    #800  
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    I'm not certain about this, but I couldn't get my GPS to get past "locating" either (even though gmaps was fine) until I removed a time trigger that was part of the same mode too. Once I removed that time trigger (and I removed the GPS trigger that was still spinning its wheels), when I added a GPS trigger back (as the ONLY trigger) it found a GPS position right away. Then I appended my time trigger.

Unrelated - I have two triggers for my "At Work" mode. One is "weekdays from 8AM to 6PM" and the other is the GPS location at work. When the time expires and I'm still at work, mode switcher doesn't change modes. I have "required" set to "all unique". Even when I leave work and go home (and its well past 6pm too) the mode never changes out of the "At Work" mode. Wouldn't normally mention this yet since I'm still fiddling but since I was here typing already...
    At least it should not effect in any way whether there is other triggers to the retrieval if the location. But I know that the retrieval is not perfect as I mentioned in other post. Sometimes it just works better and usually when you have been using some other GPS software then removing and adding the trigger again helps.

Did that not closing of mode happen with 0.9.14 or with the latest 0.9.15? Since with .14 I can see this happening, but with the latest it would mean that there is still some problem with the time trigger. If this happens constantly or often with the latest then please report back so I know that time trigger still needs a bit more work.