• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    So you now have the same version that has charger trigger broken. I'll fix it tonight. After that I am pretty sure that the time and charger + combinations will work.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    This application seems really great.. the only thing is the intervention with topbar patches.. but this will be solved, right? :-)

and I was just wondering if also BT and wifi could be used as trigger.. Like if my PRE connects with my cars handsfree it would disable the wifi. and if it connects to wifi it would desable the BT... ?
    Thanks. Yes I will work on the patch thing once the app itself achieves some level of maturity. And I have thought more advanced like triggers as you described, but they will not come at least before 1.0 release.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So you now have the same version that has charger trigger broken. I'll fix it tonight. After that I am pretty sure that the time and charger + combinations will work.
    I see one of the patches is still a -1 patch. I'll swap out to that one for now.
  4.    #64  
    OK I found the actual bug that is causing all the charger trigger related problems and the problem should be visible with all the patches. But it doesn't happen every time so that's why you may have it working at some point, but not working in some other time. So those other patches might yield working result, but it is only luck nothing else. Will post updated patches / app as soon as I verify that there are no other similar mistakes.

The upcoming patches will also have working info item in the menu and the bug that caused flickering in the top bar while starting mode fixed.
    Another question I had. On a reboot it sets to Default Mode. After it reboots does it check to see if it should be in a different mode? Just wondering since I rebooted during what should be Work Mode and it set itself to Default mode and never changed over to Work mode.
  6.    #66  
    It should restore the mode it was in and not select the default mode blindly, but thanks for noticing that it does not work. Was stupid != when there should have been == mistake. I really should stop coding late at night when I am already tired This is fixed in the next release also.

But at least one bug was not my fault, I found a bug in mojo framework. I have set the togglebutton false value to be 0, but it still uses the default value false, but then again it works correctly for the truevalue. Not so nice, I spend one hour to look that silly bug. But I can live with that when I take into consideration how stable and mature the webos really has been for me even it's quite fresh OS.
  7.    #67  
    New version of topbarmenus patch (1.3.5-5) and the mode switcher app (0.6.7). The charger trigger should finally be fixed. Did not test charger+time combination yet that if it's completely fixed now, but will test later today. I will upload updated version of those two other patches also later today since they are broken as well. Now I have to go to, but will be back later.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2180156
    Thank you! Downloading and installing now.
    Okay, so today at 1630 when it should have switched from Work Mode to Default Mode it didn't. I was on the phone at the time so I thought maybe that was it. I set the time up to 1640 and waited and it didn't change then either. I've downloaded the newest versions in the thread. Should I uninstall both, delete the program folder and reinstall?
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Okay, so today at 1630 when it should have switched from Work Mode to Default Mode it didn't. I was on the phone at the time so I thought maybe that was it. I set the time up to 1640 and waited and it didn't change then either. I've downloaded the newest versions in the thread. Should I uninstall both, delete the program folder and reinstall?
    It's possible that there still is some bug left. I was busy with coding the location support this evening so I did not do my set of tests today to see if those last fixes had fixed all problems. I will do it tomorrow evening, now I have to catch some sleep. Can you post your current modes configuration so I can make sure that my tests include the same kind of scenario (just describe your current configuration). I really have to get the time/charger trigger code to be iron solid before I dare to introduce the location code

Maybe I should implement small feature for easy way of listing the current configuration from novacom console....
    General Program settings:
    Activated - On
    Start / Close Timer - 5 seconds

Default Mode:
    Auto Start / Close - Immediate
    Time of Day - On (the rest of the triggers are off)
    All charger events are disabled
    Days - Every Day from 8:00 AM to 8:00 AM
    Settings tab -
    All sounds full volume
    Screen brightness almost all the way to the left.
    Turn off after 30 seconds
    Touchstone Lock Screen
    Data Enabled (all else Disabled)

Work Mode:
    Time of Day - On (the rest of the triggers are off)
    All charger events are disabled
    Days - Weekdays from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
    Settings tab -
    Ringer and Media at half volume, system at full.
    Touchstone Lock Screen
    Data Enabled, WIFI enabled (all else Disabled)

Bedside Mode:
    Time of Day - On; Charger Event - On (the rest of the triggers are off)
    Touchstone and Wall - enabled
    Days - Everyday from 11:00 PM to 6:30 AM
    Settings tab -
    Ringer at full volume, others at 0
    Touchstone Turn Off
    Data disabled (all else Default)

And I still get above average battery drain while using this app.
  12.    #72  
    Thanks for the info. I found bug involving the time trigger when using weekdays/weekends and not every day. And this bug can present itself also as a battery eater in some situations So will fix it. And I am currently doing full set of tests so hopefully next release is solid involving the time and charger trigger. In addition I will add a check that even if there's still is a bug in the timer scheduling code it should not be able to go into these wakeup loops which would eat the battery.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/02/2010 at 04:31 AM.
    I was going to post that I hadn't seen the battery drain but I was using the everyday setting. How is the location setting coming along. Just a suggestion but another nice feature would be to be able to select ringtones based on time of day or location. Is that possible? Thanks again for the app!
    I haven't used the top bar menus yet do to having several top bar modes so I will be interested when you allow for integration with the patches.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I was going to post that I hadn't seen the battery drain but I was using the everyday setting. How is the location setting coming along. Just a suggestion but another nice feature would be to be able to select ringtones based on time of day or location. Is that possible? Thanks again for the app!
    At least support for setting different ringtone per mode is easy and will do it at some point. I plan to make the sound configuration more feature rich anyway at some point. I am currently fixing couple last bugs that I found during my large set of tests with charger/time trigger. Hopefully the next release is last bug fix release so I can focus on the location code which is progressing nicely. Unfortunately I have so little time during the weekdays that it might be that it'll be ready only on this weekend.

Have you tried to install the modemenu version of the patch? It should install with other patches if no then please tell all the patches you have and I can try to tweak it so that it installs. Or of course if not in hurry to get the menu functionality then wait until I have the 1.0 version out of the door and have time to tweak those patches. Just out of curiosity what patches do you have involving the top bar? I integrated all the patches that I see useful in my "full conversion ie. the topbarmenus" patch already so if I see some of those patches that you have useful I could integrate them as well.
    I have the add date to top bar, Jason's Mega menu remix, battery percent as icon
    Haven't tried the mdoe menu your instructions say no patches can be installed to use those so I avoided them will try this evening when I get home.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have the add date to top bar, Jason's Mega menu remix, battery percent as icon
    Haven't tried the mdoe menu your instructions say no patches can be installed to use those so I avoided them will try this evening when I get home.
    The instruction about conflicting only applies to the first "total conversion" (topbarmenus) patch option. Those two other patch options should install fine and if wont then I should be able to modify them so that they will. Anyway it should be safe to try since the patch wont install if the try run of applying the patch fails.
    Bedside Mode worked just as it was supposed to last night. Placed my Pre on the stone a little after 2230 and it notified me it was going into Bedside Mode. The data icon disappeared and after 30 seconds the screen went black. It came out of Bedside mode equally fantastic this morning. Work Mode did not start at 0730 but it's most likely due to the fact it's a Week Day trigger.

Mamouton - I can verify that if you load the patch that only does the left side of the top bar that you can use other patches. I'm using it and the battery as percent patch right now. In my Preware it's listed as topbarmodemenu.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Bedside Mode worked just as it was supposed to last night. Placed my Pre on the stone a little after 2230 and it notified me it was going into Bedside Mode. The data icon disappeared and after 30 seconds the screen went black. It came out of Bedside mode equally fantastic this morning. Work Mode did not start at 0730 but it's most likely due to the fact it's a Week Day trigger.
    This sounds good. I have been doing testing for couple hours now and all the combination have been working fine now after I fixed that weekday/weekends bug.

During these tests I noticed a rare case problem with the timeout service or with the way relaunches of application is done. Not sure if it's a bug in mojo framework or undocumented feature, but when ever there are 2 or more relaunches/timers happening at the same time only one gets through. But if there's even a second between them then it works. Which this means is that there are rare cases when entering the config / rebooting the phone results of some modes time trigger failure. Once I get this fixed properly the timer trigger should work in every situation.

Above problem is now also fixed, in the process of fixing it I optimized how the timer trigger is handled and it now uses minimal amount of system timeouts. The mode initialization process is also tweaked in a way that when phone starts it first checks if there were mode active on shutdown and if it's still valid. If no then it checks if some mode should be active with valid triggers and if yes then the mode is started or launcher shown. And only then if no other mode should be active the default mode is activated. Also if you go to config and edit currently active mode the mode gets reloaded when exiting the config. In addition to all this the default mode is now handled as special mode and wont have activation settings at all.

So lots of fixes and couple features coming soon. Will do 0.6.8 release tomorrow with updated patches.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/02/2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Updated status...
    I like the topbarmodemenu I just have to setup my profiles and then click the hidden area! Cool!