View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 39 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989139 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 3326
  1.    #761  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylawca View Post
    Your MS has another uses for me:

    I setup a 3G Data Connection Mode schedule to toggle on & off the data connection every 45minutes for 10 minutes (start the email application at the same time)

    I don't know if it could tackle the nasty 3G battery drain problem and could squeeze some battery. And will inform later
    Well I have tried to do MS as generic as possible so it suits for all kinds of configuration automation. For now I have implemented only the triggers that most make sense for automated phone configuration change. But the new triggers (battery level, maybe even signal strength etc.) should help more in optimization of the battery usage.
  2. #762  
    Ok, I just got my pre plus and I've figured out most of the apps and patches. For the life of me, I cannot locate Mode Switcher in either preware or the webos quick install! Am I really overlooking it or is it not there?

    Thanks!

    Paula
  3. #763  
    Quote Originally Posted by vidahlia View Post
    Ok, I just got my pre plus and I've figured out most of the apps and patches. For the life of me, I cannot locate Mode Switcher in either preware or the webos quick install! Am I really overlooking it or is it not there?

    Thanks!

    Paula

    Read the first post in this thread. You need to add a custom feed to Preware.
  4. #764  
    Quote Originally Posted by vidahlia View Post
    Ok, I just got my pre plus and I've figured out most of the apps and patches. For the life of me, I cannot locate Mode Switcher in either preware or the webos quick install! Am I really overlooking it or is it not there?

    Thanks!



    Paula
    go to the first thread
  5. #765  
    Thanks for telling me where to find the instructions. I did as instructed and am now trying to install one of the patches ('topbarmodemenu'. I saw the instructions:

    [I]To install the beta version and patches: copy the 'e-lnx-wee.conf' file into /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/ directory on your pre and you'll see Mode Switcher packages in Preware (App under System Utilities and patches under Top Bar).


    and the zip file (which I saved), but am unsure of where the /media/cryptofs/apps.... location is on my pre plus.. I don't have a folder labeled media...

    I appreciate your help!

    Paula
  6.    #766  
    Quote Originally Posted by vidahlia View Post
    Thanks for telling me where to find the instructions. I did as instructed and am now trying to install one of the patches ('topbarmodemenu'. I saw the instructions:

    [I]To install the beta version and patches: copy the 'e-lnx-wee.conf' file into /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/ directory on your pre and you'll see Mode Switcher packages in Preware (App under System Utilities and patches under Top Bar).


    and the zip file (which I saved), but am unsure of where the /media/cryptofs/apps.... location is on my pre plus.. I don't have a folder labeled media...

    I appreciate your help!

    Paula
    Hmm this is the old instructions, you don't need to copy any file anymore. I have forgotto remove the instruction from the beta post. The new instructions are in the very first post as other's already said. I'll update the beta post and remove the old instructions.
  7. #767  
    Hi Sconix,

    Again, thanks for this app, it is really a great addition!

    I have a couple of suggestions for your consideration, just my opinion and disregard if they don't agree with your vision:


    1) It would be great if MS could never close the phone app if you are on a call
    2) It would be nice to add the "Close all apps" functionality as a menu option, I prefer to not have MS close all apps at startup/shutdown, but it would be nice to invoke that manually. I guess I could create a mode that all it did was close all apps?

    Regarding settings, as a new user of your app, I was somewhat confused by some of the settings options, the help screen clarifies some things. Maybe renaming some of the options would make things more obvious:

    1) Under Triggers -> Required change the options to "All triggers" and "Any trigger"
    2) Change "Time of Day" trigger to "Time Range" and change "Start/Close" to "Start/End"
    3) Even after reading the help I can't decipher the difference between "By Selection" and "After Timer" in the Automation-> Auto Start/Auto Close section

    Again, nice work!
  8. #768  
    And just a few more ideas:

    1) Add the ability to save email sync settings, I find my self switching my 3 email accounts from "As items arrive" to "Manual" and back quite often to save battery

    2) It seems as though applications that had been started before a mode was started close when the mode is closed if the mode is set to "Close Started" OR "Close All Apps". It seems that apps that had been open before the mode was started should stay open?
  9.    #769  
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitbiker View Post
    Hi Sconix,

    Again, thanks for this app, it is really a great addition!

    I have a couple of suggestions for your consideration, just my opinion and disregard if they don't agree with your vision:


    1) It would be great if MS could never close the phone app if you are on a call
    2) It would be nice to add the "Close all apps" functionality as a menu option, I prefer to not have MS close all apps at startup/shutdown, but it would be nice to invoke that manually. I guess I could create a mode that all it did was close all apps?

    Regarding settings, as a new user of your app, I was somewhat confused by some of the settings options, the help screen clarifies some things. Maybe renaming some of the options would make things more obvious:

    1) Under Triggers -> Required change the options to "All triggers" and "Any trigger"
    2) Change "Time of Day" trigger to "Time Range" and change "Start/Close" to "Start/End"
    3) Even after reading the help I can't decipher the difference between "By Selection" and "After Timer" in the Automation-> Auto Start/Auto Close section

    Again, nice work!
    Thanks. Point 1 sure this kinds of things are in the list of things to polish. About the point 2 I am not sure if this functionality would "suite" MS. That maybe it should be some general patch that adds this functionality and not a functionality of MS. Since it is possible to make a patch that depends to mode menu patch and adds this functionality. At least for now I don't see this being part of general lists of features of MS (or its support patches).

    About the naming, suggestions are always welcomed since it is not easy to pick short descriptive names About the 1 I am not so sure since it might be misleading since it won't require all triggers only all unique (meaning one of every type of trigger, since you can have multiple location triggers for example per mode). I have though about the number 2 and might rename it to what you suggest at least when/if I add the Time interval trigger.

    The help text should be clear for the difference for the number 3, but I know that the appearance of help is not the best yet. Since the by selection the timeout timer is on cancel and after timer the timeout timer is on start/switch action. So by selection means that you need to select the mode to be started and after timer that mode starts after timer if you don't do anything.
  10.    #770  
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitbiker View Post
    And just a few more ideas:

    1) Add the ability to save email sync settings, I find my self switching my 3 email accounts from "As items arrive" to "Manual" and back quite often to save battery.

    2) It seems as though applications that had been started before a mode was started close when the mode is closed if the mode is set to "Close Started" OR "Close All Apps". It seems that apps that had been open before the mode was started should stay open?
    Number one definitely a good idea! But first I need to come up with a good presenting style to settings that involve multiple accounts like this and the IM status which I would like to turn into per messaging account style setting.

    The number 2 is likely a bug, since at least it was involved by the 1.4.0 version so by converting this part to work with 1.4.0 I might have introduced a new bug. Anyway this functionality definitely needs some cleaning and polishing.
  11. #771  
    This is an incredible application. I just discovered it and wished I had months ago. The Profiles app was my favorite application on my Treo and it is the one thing I've missed most from my Pre. Thanks so much for all your work. I love the Today patch for the top bar as well. This is all GREAT stuff.

    I have two suggestions of things that I loved from the Profiles application that don't seem to be in Mode Switcher:

    1. The ability to set a timer for a mode when setting a mode manually: ie. set the "quiet" mode to last for 2 hours and then revert back to default mode. I used this all the time for meetings, movies, etc.
    2. The ability to set a mode trigger on calendar events. I used to have a keyword ("quiet") that I used for events that I wanted my phone to be quiet during. Profiles could search the event titles and set the mode based on text. It was great.

    If those two things could be added to Mode Switcher, I would say it would be perfect. It's great so far, thanks for all your work.
  12.    #772  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    This is an incredible application. I just discovered it and wished I had months ago. The Profiles app was my favorite application on my Treo and it is the one thing I've missed most from my Pre. Thanks so much for all your work. I love the Today patch for the top bar as well. This is all GREAT stuff.

    I have two suggestions of things that I loved from the Profiles application that don't seem to be in Mode Switcher:

    1. The ability to set a timer for a mode when setting a mode manually: ie. set the "quiet" mode to last for 2 hours and then revert back to default mode. I used this all the time for meetings, movies, etc.
    2. The ability to set a mode trigger on calendar events. I used to have a keyword ("quiet") that I used for events that I wanted my phone to be quiet during. Profiles could search the event titles and set the mode based on text. It was great.

    If those two things could be added to Mode Switcher, I would say it would be perfect. It's great so far, thanks for all your work.
    Thanks. Both "trigger" types are on the TODO list. I should put my thoughts out as a TODO list on this forum, but just don't have time now to see which are doable and which are not. The first thing that I will do when I start working on MS with full effort (near end of April) I will do a TODO list and post it and my near future plans with MS here. But until that after tonights bug fix release I will be laying quite low regarding MS for next 2 weeks since I am up to my neck with my thesis which is so badly running behind mainly because of MS
  13. #773  
    hi. followed instruction for new feed on preware, but cant seem to find it... once done, where do i find it on preware for download? thanks
  14.    #774  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi. followed instruction for new feed on preware, but cant seem to find it... once done, where do i find it on preware for download? thanks
    Available packages -> application -> all -> just start typing mode switcher
  15. #775  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Available packages -> application -> all -> just start typing mode switcher
    still nothing, it gives me an error message when updating feeds. tried it 5 times allready...
  16.    #776  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    still nothing, it gives me an error message when updating feeds. tried it 5 times allready...
    Did you entered the url right when adding the feed. That is all that I can think of since my server is up and running and I can update the feed just fine.
  17. #777  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Did you entered the url right when adding the feed. That is all that I can think of since my server is up and running and I can update the feed just fine.
    yes, and i know that you have it on first post, but can you please put the feed here again and specify if its LNX.org or INX.org

    thanks
  18. #778  
    We are just about to win over the Blackberry Bold.

    Let's get the vote out!
    March Smart Phone Madness Game 11: BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs. Palm Pre Plus
  19. #779  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    We are just about to win over the Blackberry Bold.

    Let's get the vote out!
    March Smart Phone Madness Game 11: BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs. Palm Pre Plus
    Thanks for spamming an unrelated thread with something only the nerdiest of the losers care about: an online poll.
  20.    #780  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    yes, and i know that you have it on first post, but can you please put the feed here again and specify if its LNX.org or INX.org

    thanks
    It is with L. And it is a normal URL so you could try it on web browser to see if it works...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions