• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 37 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Then this is very odd since I downloaded all the patches from webos-internals and checked if any of them modifies the global-menus files (that I know that is the rarest of those that are conflicting) and found only one patch and that install just fine with the patch. Do you have a theme installed? It could modify that file but most likely not the others.

You could restore those 4 files that are conflicting, but it most likely would brake some other patch or theme or whatever is causing this and then you would need to run EPR etc. to get everything in working shape so I would try to figure out the reason before doing this. If you can access IRC (Freenet or IRCNET) I could try to figure this out with you more easily. My nick: Yoppo.
    I do have a theme installed, Original blue. I do not have access to irc right now, im setting it up and will request you as a friend when im up.
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
    So, what's a good method for deleting a trigger or a mode?
    I tried out the location trigger for my "Work" mode today, and these were my issues:

The trigger went off correctly per the location, but when I went inside and GPS lost focus, it went back to the default mode.

The other thing I was thinking about is a way for a location mode to override other modes, specifically charging modes. i.e. if I'm at work I want the phone to stay in 'work' mode whether it's plugged in or not, the entire time I am at work. Right now the phone will switch from the location mode to whatever mode is trigged by plugging the phone in. I don't know if there's already a built-in way to do this and I'm just clueless, or if this would require new functionality. Either way I'm really excited about this app.
    Hey Sconix, I have MS Default Set to open Quick System Tasks every time Default Mode is loaded, but after I Luna Restarted my Pre, it did not reload default mode thus didn't open Quick System Tasks.

I've noticed this happen many times already. I am using the most latest update of MS 0.9.11.
  5.    #725  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAlcatraz View Post
    So, what's a good method for deleting a trigger or a mode?
    Just swipe to delete.
  6.    #726  
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    I tried out the location trigger for my "Work" mode today, and these were my issues:

The trigger went off correctly per the location, but when I went inside and GPS lost focus, it went back to the default mode.

The other thing I was thinking about is a way for a location mode to override other modes, specifically charging modes. i.e. if I'm at work I want the phone to stay in 'work' mode whether it's plugged in or not, the entire time I am at work. Right now the phone will switch from the location mode to whatever mode is trigged by plugging the phone in. I don't know if there's already a built-in way to do this and I'm just clueless, or if this would require new functionality. Either way I'm really excited about this app.
    Yes the GPS not working inside is not taken into account in my code and I have a tried to add fix for this for tonights release.

For now it is meant that by adding time triggers to the modes you could control a bit of which modes should be active and when. Of course this won't work for every situation. Then you could do what I do that set those charger modes to be started after timer so you can easily select cancel for mode change when connecting the phone to charger and when you want the mode change then just let the timer run out and activate the mode automatically.

I have though different priority scenarios for triggers / modes, but not sure if they would just complicate things too much. But at least in some point there will be a configuration option for mode to set that no other modes besides default can be activated when the mode is active. This would work in your situation I think.

EDIT: actually the blocking of other modes while some mode is active is now implemented So it will be in tonight release...
    Last edited by sconix; 03/27/2010 at 04:57 AM.
  7.    #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Hey Sconix, I have MS Default Set to open Quick System Tasks every time Default Mode is loaded, but after I Luna Restarted my Pre, it did not reload default mode thus didn't open Quick System Tasks.

I've noticed this happen many times already. I am using the most latest update of MS 0.9.11.
    OK then there most likely is some bug in my startup code. Will check and if I find it will fix it for tonights release.
  8.    #728  
    New release (0.9.12) available. Changelog:

- Bug: refreshing mode on startup / reloading after configuration not done always. Did not found a cause for this so this most likely still exists.

- Fixed bug: after turning off screen the touchpanel is not always restored. Not sure if this is yet fixed. Please report if you have problems with screen off.

- Fixed bug: closing of the apps not working in every situation.

- Fixed bug: apps on start/close action config weren't saved in every situation.

- Fixed bug: browser app started multiple times when bookmark launcher icons exists!

- Fixed bug: launching bookmarks not handled correctly (only browser was started).

If you have launcher bookmarks in your mode just re-add and they start to work properly.

The format to enter paramaters for applications has changed! So update your mode configuration. The parameters now have to be inside curly brackets ({}). For example to open url with browser you need to enter:
    {"url": "http://www.google.com"}

- New feature: in triggers configuration there is now new block option.

If set to block other modes then other modes cannot activate through triggers when the mode is active.

NOTE: this version does not yet include those location trigger revisements. Will do another release later today or tomorrow that has fixes for location trigger.

As usual please report any bugs that you may find.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Awesome! This is exactly what I was talking about with my "Power Profiler" request long, long ago! Can't wait to get it. Thanks! YOU ROCK!
    Palm III --> Palm Zire 71 --> Palm Zire 72 --> Palm Treo 650 --> iPhone --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pre 2 --> HP Pre 3
    Sconix you are the bomb.
    After the update, my phone restarted but quick system tasks was not launched. I went into Default Mode, enabled the banner notify, closed MS, and Default Mode reloaded but Quick System Tasks still did not launch.
  12.    #732  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    After the update, my phone restarted but quick system tasks was not launched. I went into Default Mode, enabled the banner notify, closed MS, and Default Mode reloaded but Quick System Tasks still did not launch.
    What I tried to say in the release log was that I could not yet find out the reason why the mode startup on phone boot & mode reloading after mode configuration fails in certain areas at certain situations. I will try to find it tonight and include the fix in tonights/tomorrow release. BTW. have you tried that the QST will start if it added to a normal mode? Just to make sure that this is actually part of that bug that I am trying to solve.
    I am having trouble getting a simple USB charging trigger mode to work since the update. I deleted modes and put them back, deleted and reinstalled the app, but it still won't switch modes when I plug it into a computer. I'm about to try other triggers to see if I can narrow it down.
  14.    #734  
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    I am having trouble getting a simple USB charging trigger mode to work since the update. I deleted modes and put them back, deleted and reinstalled the app, but it still won't switch modes when I plug it into a computer. I'm about to try other triggers to see if I can narrow it down.
    Sorry my bad. I have forgot to update the default modes settings. It now thinks that default mode has the new block flag set There is soon 0.9.13 available that fixes this.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/27/2010 at 11:13 AM.
    I had a feeling that was the case. I even went into the default mode to see if I could change the block setting, lol.
  16.    #736  
    Small bug fix release (0.9.13). Triggers should work once again
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I updated to .9.10 and for some reason I can't even get Mode Switcher to launch. Once I tap on it nothing happens, the splash screen doesn't even show up. I can't even launch the Modes I added in the launcher. Was I suppose to uninstall MS before updating? I restarted my phone and still the same problems, other apps open just fine. If I deleted it will my modes be erased?
    Just learned about this app today and having the same result as OneDeep. Uninstalled and re-installed and did a full reboot (not just Luna) and still nothing happens when I tap on the icon to start it.
  18.    #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Just learned about this app today and having the same result as OneDeep. Uninstalled and re-installed and did a full reboot (not just Luna) and still nothing happens when I tap on the icon to start it.
    This is because the Mode Switcher has failed to start on phone startup. The patch adds MS to be started on boot and if MS fails to start then failsafe will prevent it to be started by the user (since otherwise you could loose your configuration etc.).

So did the start MS at luna startup install successfully? You could try to uninstall the app and after that uninstall the start MS on luna startup patch. And then try again installing (if you did not already did this). If you cannot get it to even after the reinstallation of the patch then let me know so I can try to figure out a reason for this. Now I have to get to sleep, but will look into this tomorrow evening if you haven't got it to work.
    Two releases in one day (0.9.12, 0.9.13), wow.

I have found part of info for the apps launch parameters in the Palm Developer Center under Service API's. I was looking for the parameters to populate the phone apps. Looks like
    target: "tel://4085551234". Might need the bracket of release 0.9.12 now.

I still have to press "SEND" myself.

Sorry if it's a repost, did not had the time to read all 37 pages of this thread,
    Last edited by tdi_votex; 03/27/2010 at 07:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just swipe to delete.
    I am able to swipe delete triggers, but not able to swipe to delete a MODE...

Is this something with my particular phone? I haven't been able to delete modes on any version...Thanks for this great tool, and adding the APPS to the default mode is Awesome!

Thanks,
    CaliMark (Mark Reed)