• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 36 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This means that MS was not started on boot for some reason. I changed the initialization a little bit, but at least it is working for me. But I have to check this when I get back home. And no, uninstallation won't erase the modes.
    I have this same issue. I installed Preware and it requested a luna restart so I obliged but it would not load. so I uninstalled via QI and reinstalled .10 and again it didn't work. I did get a splash screen but it never loaded. I downgraded to .9 via QI and it worked fine. Then I read this post and reinstalled .10 via QI and did a full restart but again no splash screen.

So now I'm going to go back to .9 for now.

btw, I'm impressed with your time management skills to be productive w both MS and your MS!
  2.    #702  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhiggins5 View Post
    I have the carrier string patch so I know that is conflicting. Do you think the patch WIFI ESSID as the carrier string is conflicting as well? How hard would it be to combine those?

I dont recall anyone saying this but you can create a mode that runs brightness unlinked and then closes it immediately so that it runs is the background, true?

Are you planning to add an "on-boot" trigger?
    I would think that any patch that modifies the carrier string will conflict, but they only conflict with the mode menu patch. Don't know what kind of task would be the combining, but I fail to see it useful. Since I think that showing the active mode name is kinda one main reason why the mode menu exists.

The only way currently run applications in background is the luna.conf patches so mode cannot put BU in background. With the dashboard mode that I think is now in BU it might be possible if there would a parameter for BU to tell it to exit right a way to the dashboard mode when it is started. Most likely some day there will be a support in Preware for managing the background applications then the patches would be a thing of the past.

You mean that you would like to activate a different mode than the default or last active mode in boot? Since at least I think that if you always want to have a mode activated on boot then why is not the default mode ok for that?
  3.    #703  
    I have this same issue. I installed Preware and it requested a luna restart so I obliged but it would not load. so I uninstalled via QI and reinstalled .10 and again it didn't work. I did get a splash screen but it never loaded. I downgraded to .9 via QI and it worked fine. Then I read this post and reinstalled .10 via QI and did a full restart but again no splash screen.

So now I'm going to go back to .9 for now.

btw, I'm impressed with your time management skills to be productive w both MS and your MS!
    I think I found the bug concerning the MS not starting, will release a small bug fix release later today. You should not be impressed my time is pretty much gone to Mode Switcher for now =) After this week thou for the next two weeks I have to finally turn the table around and give my thesis my absolute attention
    Sconix: MS not loading for me, either. Icon highlights on touch, but no splash screen or load, and I don't seem to be able to changw modes from the drop-down either.

At first I thought it might be the 800 MHz patch, then I saw mkhiggins5's comments above.
  5.    #705  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Sconix: MS not loading for me, either. Icon highlights on touch, but no splash screen or load, and I don't seem to be able to changw modes from the drop-down either.

At first I thought it might be the 800 MHz patch, then I saw mkhiggins5's comments above.
    There is now 0.9.11 available, could you try that and report if it starts for you? Or somebody else if this works for you please let me know.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/25/2010 at 05:52 PM.
    ok wow a lot of info to have gone thru but i did it. I just installed MS and the program works fine. EXCEPT, there is always an except, I cannot install any of the top bar patches and it seems to be starting with the framework. I have tried all relatedfixes in this thread and none have worked. I have device menu megamix, I uninstalled all other top bar patches which where date, not as carrier string, show ssid, 3g icon, and silent ringer icon. Am i going to have to dr the phone? I will try to get logs but that will have to wait till later, got volleyball.
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
    There is now 0.9.11 available, could you try that and report if it starts for you? Or somebody else if this works for you please let me know.
    All is well on loading, and my location trigger fired fine after a restart, but not at home. Still tweaking that. Thanx for the bug kill.
  8.    #708  
    Quote Originally Posted by pattavino View Post
    ok wow a lot of info to have gone thru but i did it. I just installed MS and the program works fine. EXCEPT, there is always an except, I cannot install any of the top bar patches and it seems to be starting with the framework. I have tried all relatedfixes in this thread and none have worked. I have device menu megamix, I uninstalled all other top bar patches which where date, not as carrier string, show ssid, 3g icon, and silent ringer icon. Am i going to have to dr the phone? I will try to get logs but that will have to wait till later, got volleyball.
    Good to here that it works It would help to know which file is failing when you apply the patch. And maybe list of installed patches will help me to test which is the conflicting patch and then maybe I am able to modify the patch to install with it. You have a very good hobby, the volleyball I mean =) Have been playing it six times a week myself, actually I don't know how I have time to do all that I do during the week now when I think of it

BTW. next version (will release on Saturday) will finally have a short help page to help new comers to grasp all the options that Mode Switcher offers.
  9.    #709  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    All is well on loading, and my location trigger fired fine after a restart, but not at home. Still tweaking that. Thanx for the bug kill.
    I have found couple bugs in location trigger that it might fail in certain situations. The Saturdays release should fix these so don't blame your configuration if it does not work always or never =)
    I have found couple bugs in location trigger that it might fail in certain situations. The Saturdays release should fix these so don't blame your configuration if it does not work always or never =)
    seems to be working well now, so the saturday update will only be an improvement!
    You mean that you would like to activate a different mode than the default or last active mode in boot? Since at least I think that if you always want to have a mode activated on boot then why is not the default mode ok for that?
    I was thinking along the lines of a luna.conf patch like you mentioned. hopefully palm (or someone) will dev this.
  12.    #712  
    I was thinking along the lines of a luna.conf patch like you mentioned. hopefully palm (or someone) will dev this.
    Ah now I see, but this definitely is not a task for MS. I think if Palm does not implement this (which I truly doubt) I think this will have to be implemented in Preware so that application can mark itself to be background application and then Preware takes care of managing the luna.conf. When I have more time I might implement this myself.
    What was the close mode set before? Since it does not matter what is the mode on start/close, the mode should be always possible to close manually. And I cannot see a reason why it would not. If you only saw that starting default mode banner not the done banner then something interrupted the mode change. If this happens it should be possible to try to close the mode again...
    The close mode was by timer. Yes I did see the starting banner but not the done banner.

I'm seeing a couple of other issues now, but I'm using 0.9.8 or 0.9.9 I think:

when I close the mode using the top bar menu, default mode is activated but the name of the old mode stays on in the top bar. The menu there thinks it is "on" and closing it again using this menu doesn't do anything.

I'm getting severe power drain since yesterday. Today, its down 19% from full charge in 1hr 15 min (besides phone, I only had 3G/Wifi/bluetooth running for at most 30 min of that--and all were able to connect). The only thing I've changed is modeswitcher 2 nights ago to the version I have right now. I also see there is a process running called "Wee.Apps" that I've never seen before in Jstop which looks to be related to modeswitcher.

Anyway, I'm going to go to upgrade to the latest version.

Jordan
  14.    #714  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    The close mode was by timer. Yes I did see the starting banner but not the done banner.

I'm seeing a couple of other issues now, but I'm using 0.9.8 or 0.9.9 I think:

when I close the mode using the top bar menu, default mode is activated but the name of the old mode stays on in the top bar. The menu there thinks it is "on" and closing it again using this menu doesn't do anything.

I'm getting severe power drain since yesterday. Today, its down 19% from full charge in 1hr 15 min (besides phone, I only had 3G/Wifi/bluetooth running for at most 30 min of that--and all were able to connect). The only thing I've changed is modeswitcher 2 nights ago to the version I have right now. I also see there is a process running called "Wee.Apps" that I've never seen before in Jstop which looks to be related to modeswitcher.

Anyway, I'm going to go to upgrade to the latest version.

Jordan
    There has been at least two reports about power drain, but since I haven't heard from those guys lately I think it has gone by. I actually think this might be some weird problem with updating MS and after couple reboots/reinstalls it goes away. BUT not really sure so if this keeps happening I have to figure out a way to debug this since I haven't never had this even I have been running MS from the first versions (naturally) so it has been hard to find what could be using this. Only thing I can think of is that MS would not let phone to go to sleep, but I have added so many safety checks that this should not happen in any situation anymore.

At least first update the app as you said and the mode menu patch to the latest version and see if that helps and let me know if problems persist. And yes the process that you mentioned should be there since MS runs in a background although mainly doing nothing.

And try to track whether the switching mode done message appears when the mode menu problems happens.
    In case anyone is interested, the correct format for the "Launch Parameters" is as follows:

target: "http://www.precentral.net"

IMPORTANT "target" is case sensitive!

This is a great app and it makes the Pre even more user friendly.

Also I noticed the following bugs (running on .9.11) in case they are not logged:

1) when multiple apps are set up to start and "Web" is NOT the first in the list, MS will open N web browser cards where N is the number of apps that have been set to load. For example if you set up 2 apps, Messaging and Web to load at startup *in that order*, MS will open 2 web browser cards. If you have 4 apps set up, MS will open 4 browser cards. This behavior occurs regardless of the launch parameter.

2) The "Behavior" selections (Close All Apps) on the "App" stage don't save and "Close Started" doesn't seem to work

3) Bookmarks that have been saved to the launcher are available in the list of startup applications but they don't open correctly. A web browser card opens but it doesn't navigate to the bookmark. It may take special processing of the bookmarks saved to the launcher to make this work.

Again, I really love this app, I'm just reporting the bugs in case you are unaware.
  16.    #716  
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitbiker View Post
    Also I noticed the following bugs (running on .9.11) in case they are not logged:
    Again, I really love this app, I'm just reporting the bugs in case you are unaware.
    Thanks for the comment and for the bug reports. I will fix these for tomorrows release (0.9.12). I looked into the code and at least the 2 is a quick fix, but cannot figure out the first one, at least yet, that how in earth that is possible . I will also see if I can do something about the bookmarks thing.

EDIT: Actually both 'On Start' and 'On Close' options were affected by the bug. I had forgot to add saving of the configuration when those options are changed so if you happen to change some other configuration these will get saved.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/26/2010 at 01:02 PM.
    Good to here that it works It would help to know which file is failing when you apply the patch. And maybe list of installed patches will help me to test which is the conflicting patch and then maybe I am able to modify the patch to install with it. You have a very good hobby, the volleyball I mean =) Have been playing it six times a week myself, actually I don't know how I have time to do all that I do during the week now when I think of it

BTW. next version (will release on Saturday) will finally have a short help page to help new comers to grasp all the options that Mode Switcher offers.
    Here is the screen shots of the ipk log. I listed the installed patches in my other post. I had deleted all but since I have reinstalled... date mm/dd next to clock, 3g icon, silent icon, device menu ultramix.

This is for the framework to add the menus, it is not the menu patches.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
  18.    #718  
    Here is the screen shots of the ipk log. I listed the installed patches in my other post. I had deleted all but since I have reinstalled... date mm/dd next to clock, 3g icon, silent icon, device menu ultramix.

This is for the framework to add the menus, it is not the menu patches.
    Hmm odd, there is no such patch in webos-internals feed at least that would modify for example the global-menus.css so that it would be conflicting with mine patches. Have you installed old versions of my patches previously? I mean those that had only one patch for mode menu for example.
    Hmm odd, there is no such patch in webos-internals feed at least that would modify for example the global-menus.css so that it would be conflicting with mine patches. Have you installed old versions of my patches previously? I mean those that had only one patch for mode menu for example.
    Sorry no, this is the first attempt at install. Got it from preware, did not attempt to install previous versions.

Should i try to use webos repair utillity to clean that file? if so what is the exact file name so I can do it.
  20.    #720  
    Sorry no, this is the first attempt at install. Got it from preware, did not attempt to install previous versions.

Should i try to use webos repair utillity to clean that file? if so what is the exact file name so I can do it.
    Then this is very odd since I downloaded all the patches from webos-internals and checked if any of them modifies the global-menus files (that I know that is the rarest of those that are conflicting) and found only one patch and that install just fine with the patch. Do you have a theme installed? It could modify that file but most likely not the others.

You could restore those 4 files that are conflicting, but it most likely would brake some other patch or theme or whatever is causing this and then you would need to run EPR etc. to get everything in working shape so I would try to figure out the reason before doing this. If you can access IRC (Freenet or IRCNET) I could try to figure this out with you more easily. My nick: Yoppo.