View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 35 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585135 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 3326
  1. #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgyo View Post
    I think I've eliminated enough night sounds to save my marriage.
    this and 'bing-bong' cracked me up. I literally lol-ed.
  2. #682  
    I think I've managed to narrow down this odd bug to Mode Switcher somehow:

    - Screen turns off at the time it's supposed to (30 seconds, 2 mins, etc.)

    - 30 seconds later, screen turns on again by itself, then turns off again for good after its allotted time.

    - This wouldn't be a big issue, but when the screen turns on by itself, it doesn't respond to touches until i power the screen off and back on manually. This occurs if I try to use the screen immediately when it turns back on, or later when I turn the screen back on for the first time. No matter what, I have to cycle the screen off and on manually to get it to respond to touches.

    This bug is only active when Mode Switcher is activated.

    Any idea why this might happen?
  3. #683  
    Sconix: Is the car charger considered USB?
  4.    #684  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Sconix: Is the car charger considered USB?
    Actually I haven't tried since I have a Touchstone in my car, but I would guess yes.
  5.    #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    I think I've managed to narrow down this odd bug to Mode Switcher somehow:

    - Screen turns off at the time it's supposed to (30 seconds, 2 mins, etc.)

    - 30 seconds later, screen turns on again by itself, then turns off again for good after its allotted time.

    - This wouldn't be a big issue, but when the screen turns on by itself, it doesn't respond to touches until i power the screen off and back on manually. This occurs if I try to use the screen immediately when it turns back on, or later when I turn the screen back on for the first time. No matter what, I have to cycle the screen off and on manually to get it to respond to touches.

    This bug is only active when Mode Switcher is activated.

    Any idea why this might happen?
    I assume that you are using the turn off while charging feature? I thought I fixed this in 0.9.8 already since it has not happened to me anymore. But I guess that the reason is the Mojo System Request failing so I have to add a check for it and re-execute if it fails. It seems that none of the System Request cannot be trusted to complete and they have to be monitored by the app which is a bit stupid imho. At least I have noticed that depending on the phone and how "busy" it is at the moment the success rate of those System Requests varies. I will try to add fix for this to the next release, but if you were experiencing this without using the turn off while charging then let me know since then it gets really bizarre
  6. #686  
    I am still trying different things to see if I can make it go away.

    It seems like it's only happening in, like you said, the modes with 'turn off while charging' enabled. I reduced those modes to turn off in 30 seconds and I haven't been able to replicate the bug since. I don't know if it's temporary or not but at least I know what it's related to now.

    Thanks sconix.
  7.    #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    I am still trying different things to see if I can make it go away.

    It seems like it's only happening in, like you said, the modes with 'turn off while charging' enabled. I reduced those modes to turn off in 30 seconds and I haven't been able to replicate the bug since. I don't know if it's temporary or not but at least I know what it's related to now.

    Thanks sconix.
    OK, I will add few more "safety" checks for the next release concerning the turning off the display. Since it is very likely that the way it is currently implemented that it works most of the time for everyone, but then at some times when other apps are executing system request etc. it will start to fail. So I anyway need to modify the code a little bit due to the System Request method provided by Mojo not being reliable. Since to achieve the turn off it needs to execute two SR:s and if the first fails the second never gets executed and this is the thing I have to change.
  8. #688  
    I used this script and I still am getting the "1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej" when I try to install the app, it installs the load at start patch. I doctored my phone yesterday so I haven't had Mode Switcher loaded on this rom yet, which is 1.4. I don't know why I am getting this error. I have been able to load the other patches "Today menu and Top left menu."
  9. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #689  
    I wish the "X of X hunks failed" message was more specific!!! I can't seem to get any of the "Enlightened" packages to install (via preware since I am at work), and I have no idea why. So aggravating!!!
  10.    #690  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    I used this script and I still am getting the "1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej" when I try to install the app, it installs the load at start patch. I doctored my phone yesterday so I haven't had Mode Switcher loaded on this rom yet, which is 1.4. I don't know why I am getting this error. I have been able to load the other patches "Today menu and Top left menu."
    Then you must have start brightness unlinked at boot patch installed? That and mine patch are the only ones that modify that luna.conf file.
  11.    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I wish the "X of X hunks failed" message was more specific!!! I can't seem to get any of the "Enlightened" packages to install (via preware since I am at work), and I have no idea why. So aggravating!!!
    The start at boot patch conflicts with start brightness unlinked at boot patch so if you have that then it is the reason. No other patch will prevent installing the start MS on luna startup patch. Then the other menu patches are known to conflict with one or two patches. One is date as carrier string and the second known is one of the hide quick launch bar patches.
  12.    #692  
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    Oh it was my understanding that "all unique" would have trouble with there being 2 separate charging triggers. If you're saying that's not the case that's great. I probably should have just tried it, huh.
    The all unique means that one of each type of triggers has to be "valid" for the mode to activate. So in this case any of those charger triggers is enough.
  13. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #693  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The start at boot patch conflicts with start brightness unlinked at boot patch so if you have that then it is the reason. No other patch will prevent installing the start MS on luna startup patch. Then the other menu patches are known to conflict with one or two patches. One is date as carrier string and the second known is one of the hide quick launch bar patches.
    I had Jason's Hide Quick Launch bar in Launcher Only patch installed, but I uninstalled it and rebooted, and I'm still unable to install your Hide Quick Launch patch. It fails when executing the script. I'll have to spend more time on it when I get home tonight.
  14.    #694  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    For some reason MS has been randomly relaoding Default Mode evening when the phone is idle.
    Can you be any more specific and what version? If it is the 0.9.10 then maybe I added some bug when adding those new features for default mode.
  15.    #695  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I had Jason's Hide Quick Launch bar in Launcher Only patch installed, but I uninstalled it and rebooted, and I'm still unable to install your Hide Quick Launch patch. It fails when executing the script. I'll have to spend more time on it when I get home tonight.
    If you find out the patch that is causing this please tell. And if you cannot then tell what patch you are unable to install and also provide list of top bar and maybe some other related patches and I can test in emulator which of them is the culprit.
  16. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #696  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you find out the patch that is causing this please tell. And if you cannot then tell what patch you are unable to install and also provide list of top bar and maybe some other related patches and I can test in emulator which of them is the culprit.
    Sure thing. I'm not sure how to identify what patch is causing the problem. I have a whole bunch, all installed from the Patches list in QuickInstall. I have them all in a spreadsheet that I can send you later.
  17. #697  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well there has been a time trigger bug for a long time until I finally found it and fixed for last release so maybe that did it for you.

    You can manually close the mode and that is working at least for me. When you tried did you receive a banner that default mode starting done? If not then something interrupted the mode change. Have you tried it again and does it always fail to go to default mode?
    Yes I did see the banner message starting default mode. But nothing would happen. And the mode displayed in the upper left corner would not change either. So,

    I changed the "close" of the mode to be "by selection". Then I was able to manually close it. However, I haven't tried out what would happen if I didn't manually close it--ideally it would close based on the time trigger I originally set up...
  18.    #698  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Yes I did see the banner message starting default mode. But nothing would happen. And the mode displayed in the upper left corner would not change either. So,

    I changed the "close" of the mode to be "by selection". Then I was able to manually close it. However, I haven't tried out what would happen if I didn't manually close it--ideally it would close based on the time trigger I originally set up...
    What was the close mode set before? Since it does not matter what is the mode on start/close, the mode should be always possible to close manually. And I cannot see a reason why it would not. If you only saw that starting default mode banner not the done banner then something interrupted the mode change. If this happens it should be possible to try to close the mode again...
  19. #699  
    I have the carrier string patch so I know that is conflicting. Do you think the patch WIFI ESSID as the carrier string is conflicting as well? How hard would it be to combine those?

    I dont recall anyone saying this but you can create a mode that runs brightness unlinked and then closes it immediately so that it runs is the background, true?

    Are you planning to add an "on-boot" trigger?
  20. #700  
    That is likely the problem. I will uninstall that patch now and try.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions