• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 34 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484134 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The next release (0.9.10) will be out within next 6 hours. This release has location trigger enabled and new configuration UI for default mode that now follows the one of other modes (without trigger configuration). This means that now it is possible to have default mode include applications. And you are able to select if they should be started only when phone is started with default mode or normally like in other modes. In addition there is a configuration option to set weather the last active mode is reloaded or always default mode when phone is started.
    It would be cool if the location trigger could take Boolean-style inputs, e.g., if NOT Home OR Work, use Car mode.
    [Using the linux commands through WOSQI]

Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I didn't use the exact command that Sconix mentions here but I did have to restore the old file back to get it to reinstall. If you don't have a terminal application on your Pre you can use the command line option in WOSQI or the novacom command from your computer's command prompt.
    This worked (using WOSQI). Also this is the first version I've had success with timers working.

One more question/observation, if I have a mode that is triggered (start and end) by timers, and I wanted to close it manually (using top bar menu). When I closed the mode. I got the banner saying the default mode was being loaded, but the mode was unchanged (connections in my case) and the name did not change in top left corner. Is there a setting I can use so I can manually close it, but if I don't it will close using the time trigger?

Thanks,

Jordan
  3.    #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    It would be cool if the location trigger could take Boolean-style inputs, e.g., if NOT Home OR Work, use Car mode.
    Good idea, will add this option maybe already tonights release.
  4.    #664  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    [Using the linux commands through WOSQI]

This worked (using WOSQI). Also this is the first version I've had success with timers working.

One more question/observation, if I have a mode that is triggered (start and end) by timers, and I wanted to close it manually (using top bar menu). When I closed the mode. I got the banner saying the default mode was being loaded, but the mode was unchanged (connections in my case) and the name did not change in top left corner. Is there a setting I can use so I can manually close it, but if I don't it will close using the time trigger?

Thanks,

Jordan
    Well there has been a time trigger bug for a long time until I finally found it and fixed for last release so maybe that did it for you.

You can manually close the mode and that is working at least for me. When you tried did you receive a banner that default mode starting done? If not then something interrupted the mode change. Have you tried it again and does it always fail to go to default mode?
    Is something like a (Wall Charger OR USB) trigger possible?

i.e. sometimes when I plug my phone in at night it's connected to a computer, and sometimes to a wall plug, but I want it to enter night mode if the phone is charging and it's after 11:30 PM no matter how it is plugged in.

I could always create two separate night modes but maybe someone else might find this useful, I don't know.
  6.    #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    Is something like a (Wall Charger OR USB) trigger possible?

i.e. sometimes when I plug my phone in at night it's connected to a computer, and sometimes to a wall plug, but I want it to enter night mode if the phone is charging and it's after 11:30 PM no matter how it is plugged in.

I could always create two separate night modes but maybe someone else might find this useful, I don't know.
    This is already possible. You can define a time trigger with any/multiple charger trigger(s).
    I have my Bedtime mode to trigger on Wall Charger / touchstone charger / Time but it did trigger one time when I plugged in my car charger. I haven't tested it again since then but I wouldn't want my Bedtime Mode to kick in while driving somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This is already possible. You can define a time trigger with any/multiple charger trigger(s).
    Oh it was my understanding that "all unique" would have trouble with there being 2 separate charging triggers. If you're saying that's not the case that's great. I probably should have just tried it, huh.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I can't figure this out so perhaps someone can help. At present I have a night mode. What I want out of this mode is for the phone to not make a sound, except for phone calls. Settings > Messaging > Alert is set to Mute. When an email or text comes in the phone is mute but it vibrates. I though of setting it to System Sound then setting the system sound to zero under Sounds but the volume cannot be set below 7 (same minimum volume for Media sounds.) Is there anyway to disable the vibrate or set sounds to zero? Next, when I put the phone on the TS, which is a night mode trigger, it makes the expected "bing-bong" sound for being placed on the TS then again when it changes modes. When the phone is taken off the TS it sounds again because it changes back to default mode. Can the mode change sound be turned off?

@sconix: I thought you were supposed to be working on a thesis. How's that coming along with all these updates? (Not that I don't appreciate the effort, mind you.)
    Another thing I was wondering: under the Ringer Settings, is it possible to have Vibrate as a selection under "Ringer On", or is Ringer On limited to Sound & Vibrate and Sound Only?
  11.    #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I have my Bedtime mode to trigger on Wall Charger / touchstone charger / Time but it did trigger one time when I plugged in my car charger. I haven't tested it again since then but I wouldn't want my Bedtime Mode to kick in while driving somewhere.
    It may have been a bug thou. The time trigger at leasts limits the activation of night mode if it activated when the time should not been right then the old bug that I fixed may have caused this. If you mean that it activated when the time was right but the charger was not then this may be WebOS:s fault. Since it will known if the charger is USB or touchstone for sure, but I am not sure if it always knows whether it's wall or usb/car charger. Anyway this and that my life is not always as timely as the times I use in my triggers I use the after timer activation method in my modes. This way I can always cancel the mode change if it is not correct at that moment, but if I don't then it gets automatically activated after the time has run out.
  12.    #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgyo View Post
    I can't figure this out so perhaps someone can help. At present I have a night mode. What I want out of this mode is for the phone to not make a sound, except for phone calls. Settings > Messaging > Alert is set to Mute. When an email or text comes in the phone is mute but it vibrates. I though of setting it to System Sound then setting the system sound to zero under Sounds but the volume cannot be set below 7 (same minimum volume for Media sounds.) Is there anyway to disable the vibrate or set sounds to zero? Next, when I put the phone on the TS, which is a night mode trigger, it makes the expected "bing-bong" sound for being placed on the TS then again when it changes modes. When the phone is taken off the TS it sounds again because it changes back to default mode. Can the mode change sound be turned off?

@sconix: I thought you were supposed to be working on a thesis. How's that coming along with all these updates? (Not that I don't appreciate the effort, mind you.)
    You can set the volume to 0 by starting the drag first upwards then dragging left (this is a bug in WebOS). I have to check the messaging mute setting that have I mixed up the id's that mute sets it to vibrate. Did you check from messaging setting that it really is set to mute when the mode is active? The bing bong sound comes from the popup which I guess you are using as a activation mode (you could always set the mode to activate directly then there is no sound). The popup and the sound is WebOS related and not sure if it can be removed by MS.

But for example in my Night mode the ringer sounds are set to 0 so even with the popup when the mode deactivates at ten a clock in the morning there is no bing-bong So I think that the system sound follows the ringer sound level which in your case is a bad thing since you want it to keep that on.

Yes I am supposed to be working on my thesis. Still ~20 pages to go before 15th of April, but since I got 4 pages done on Monday/Tuesday I decided to take one day of from writing and hence the updates =)
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Ok, nice. The up then left trick worked perfect. Now I've changed messaging to system sounds which is set to zero so I should be good for emails/texts. I'll put it to the test tonight. Yes, I am using the popup as activation because it gives me the ability to easily reject the mode change when necessary. Silencing the mode change chime would be ideal but I think I've eliminated enough night sounds to save my marriage. If necessary, I can always go to direct activation then change the mode when I need to using the top bar. Looking forward to the location trigger in your next version!
  14.    #674  
    The new release is now out (0.9.10). This is a bit more experimental that 0.9.9 so if you are not eager to try those new features then don't update As already mentioned the location trigger is not very polished yet. You still need to be in the location that you want add as a trigger since there is no map etc. interface to pick the location, instead when adding the location trigger it retrieves the coordinates that can take some time. Last tests also revealed one other problem. The entering / leaving trigger takes the first coordinate that is in or out of the radius, but I noticed that sometimes the GPS gives coordinates that are quite much off. So I need to add a way to get at least couple readouts that match and check that the error of those readings is in good range. I'll try to get a bit more tuned version of the location trigger out on Saturday.

I might add the suggested feature to be able to set trigger for not being on the location for the next release too if it is not too big of a task to code.

If you experience problems with other triggers with this release then just remove location triggers from all modes and MS should behave as before.
  15.    #675  
    About the location trigger for those that are interested how it should work here is a short description about the "algorithm".

When not on any trigger locations the algorithm will find closest location and will start tracking that. If current location is far away from current location then next location check schedule is calculated using 100km/h movement speed (minimum time is 5 minutes). When this scheduled location check happens first the algorithm checks what is the closest place at that time and does once again the same calculation for next scheduled check. When the any location has been reached the mode is activated. If user cancels or closes the mode then the mode is only activated next time when the location has been left first and then entered again (otherwise user would get endless mode startup with manual closing of mode). When location mode is active the location check is done with 5 minutes interval so it should realize leaving of the location quite soon. When algorithm detect leaving from location then the mode is closed and once again it starts to monitor the closest location trigger by calculating the time when to check the current location again.

This means that the further you are from the location the less battery it consumes. The amount of location triggers does not effect the battery consumption only the distance to the closest trigger. When on trigger location the battery consumption is at it most. At least in my tests the consumption was not very big, but I need to do more tests.

If you see a flaw in my algorithm please share your opinions and suggestions etc. And of course if you think that the app does not work in this way then tell me The first version surely has bugs and may not even work at all. I will do more tests and refine the code for Saturdays release that hopefully is the last "beta" release. Then I will add the app to the webos internals feed.
    Sconix, I am having trouble getting anything other than the MS app & 2 patches, namely the "Add Support for System Menus" and the "Load Mode Switcher at boot." All other patches fail, even after WebOS Repair Utility and Emergency Patch Recovery loaded and Pre restarted. Anyway to clean up files created and start over other than doctoring?

Thanks,

BLiip
    For some reason MS has been randomly relaoding Default Mode evening when the phone is idle.
  18.    #678  
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    Sconix, I am having trouble getting anything other than the MS app & 2 patches, namely the "Add Support for System Menus" and the "Load Mode Switcher at boot." All other patches fail, even after WebOS Repair Utility and Emergency Patch Recovery loaded and Pre restarted. Anyway to clean up files created and start over other than doctoring?

Thanks,

BLiip
    It might be that at least mode and today menu patch will add files so those repair utilities don't remove these and that why the patch don't install. So try to remove following files and see if mode menu patch installs:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/statusmenu*
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/statusmenu*

Note that if you had older version previously installed then replace statusmenu with modemenu and for todaymenu patch replace it with todaymenu. If the patch wont install after this then there still has to be some file that is not in original shape.
    I updated to .9.10 and for some reason I can't even get Mode Switcher to launch. Once I tap on it nothing happens, the splash screen doesn't even show up. I can't even launch the Modes I added in the launcher. Was I suppose to uninstall MS before updating? I restarted my phone and still the same problems, other apps open just fine. If I deleted it will my modes be erased?
  20.    #680  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I updated to .9.10 and for some reason I can't even get Mode Switcher to launch. Once I tap on it nothing happens, the splash screen doesn't even show up. I can't even launch the Modes I added in the launcher. Was I suppose to uninstall MS before updating? I restarted my phone and still the same problems, other apps open just fine. If I deleted it will my modes be erased?
    This means that MS was not started on boot for some reason. I changed the initialization a little bit, but at least it is working for me. But I have to check this when I get back home. And no, uninstallation won't erase the modes.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/25/2010 at 07:54 AM.