32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 33 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383133 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Sconix, installing and using the top bar menu, it somehow removed the icon for bluetooth even though it was on.

Also, would it be possible in a future release to make a mode that is enabled/disabled upon being in range of a certain wireless network? Thanks!
    I removed all the mode switcher related patches and applications and am trying to reinstall via preware. After selecting modeswitch application, the script runs to also install "launch modeswitcher at boot". At that point I get error installing.
    The IPKG log shows "1 out of 1 hunk failed -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.reg" (which interestingly I don't see using internalz) and "Failure during post-install script execution".

Can anyone help?

(by the way, the app shown in preware says 0.9.9, but when you open it, it says "change log: 0.9.8 initial release, then below, version 0.9.9)
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I removed all the mode switcher related patches and applications and am trying to reinstall via preware. After selecting modeswitch application, the script runs to also install "launch modeswitcher at boot". At that point I get error installing.
    The IPKG log shows "1 out of 1 hunk failed -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.reg" (which interestingly I don't see using internalz) and "Failure during post-install script execution".

Can anyone help?

(by the way, the app shown in preware says 0.9.9, but when you open it, it says "change log: 0.9.8 initial release, then below, version 0.9.9)
    I'm expiriencing the same error I remove it because my pre wouldnt change modes from a custom to default and the end timer wasnt working. Now I cant reinstall
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you have a terminal application in the pre it is possible to restore the file with the following command:

mount / -o remount,rw
    sed -i s/";com.palm.app.modeswitcher"/""/ /etc/palm/luna.conf
    mount / -o remount,ro
    Quote Originally Posted by OverLordO**** View Post
    I'm expiriencing the same error I remove it because my pre wouldnt change modes from a custom to default and the end timer wasnt working. Now I cant reinstall
    I didn't use the exact command that Sconix mentions here but I did have to restore the old file back to get it to reinstall. If you don't have a terminal application on your Pre you can use the command line option in WOSQI or the novacom command from your computer's command prompt.
  5.    #645  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Can anyone tell me do the Alarm App and Timepiece run on the Media Volume or the System Volume? (I asked because I want to know what sound to keep on for my Bedside Mode)
    Timepiece at least uses media volume, haven't used Alarm app.
  6.    #646  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Does the location mode increase battery consumption? Just wondering how taxing it is on the battery to constantly monitor your GPS coordinates. I think it's a going to be a good way to do some of my modes like Church Mode instead of using a timer based mode. Just wondering.
    Initial tests showed that location trigger did have only very little effect on battery consumption. The GPS is not checked all the time it depends how far you are from the location that the triggers are set. Although the current implementation is not the fanciest or best implementation yet, but it is a good basis for me to continue developing the location trigger. When it is optimized I don't think that it has very big effect on the battery consumption, but we will see.
    Don't know if this is the cause, but since installing i have been loosing pages in the launcher. I have the named pages patch installed and it keeps deleting all but three pages. Just deleted mode switcher and the associate patches; will see what happens. Anyone else have trouble?
    Laissez Faire
  8.    #648  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Sconix, installing and using the top bar menu, it somehow removed the icon for bluetooth even though it was on.

Also, would it be possible in a future release to make a mode that is enabled/disabled upon being in range of a certain wireless network? Thanks!
    Haven't experienced the BT icon going missing. If restart brought it back then it just have been some luna restart problem. If not then do you happen to have unusual amount of "icons" in right corner?

WiFi / BT device trigger is in my TODO list to at least see if they are doable. For now I see one problem with WiFi trigger that how to detect going out of range since at least in my phone the WiFi will disconnect when phone is sleep for a long time even I have set keep WiFi on while sleep. One option would be to only react on WiFi network being unavailable when phone is not sleeping.
  9.    #649  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Don't know if this is the cause, but since installing i have been loosing pages in the launcher. I have the named pages patch installed and it keeps deleting all but three pages. Just deleted mode switcher and the associate patches; will see what happens. Anyone else have trouble?
    At least MS patches does not touch the files that are controlling the launcher pages so the fault is most likely somewhere else.
  10.    #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by OverLordO**** View Post
    For some reason the luna related MS patch does not uninstall in every case cleanly. The reason is a mystery to me and cannot reproduce it anymore so that I could debug and have a chat with Preware guys that why it is happening. Since the patch uses the aupt scripts so it should work as well as all the other patches. The quick fix is for manually restore the luna.conf file as cdbillups already kindly posted.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Haven't experienced the BT icon going missing. If restart brought it back then it just have been some luna restart problem. If not then do you happen to have unusual amount of "icons" in right corner?

WiFi / BT device trigger is in my TODO list to at least see if they are doable. For now I see one problem with WiFi trigger that how to detect going out of range since at least in my phone the WiFi will disconnect when phone is sleep for a long time even I have set keep WiFi on while sleep. One option would be to only react on WiFi network being unavailable when phone is not sleeping.
    I have one extra icon -- a 'ringer off' icon -- so I will play around a bit and see if that has any bearing on the missing icon.

My wifi is always on and picks up and connects to known networks. When I am home, its already connected to my wifi so I guess it could work. What I would like MS to do is turn on my ringer when it connects to my wifi and turn it on vibrate when I am too far away to be connected to it.
    I keep getting an error saying the "Add support" patch has previously been applied. I had to doctor my phone the other day and I am trying to get it back to normal. Anyway to manually remove this patch and set it back to normal so I can reinstall?
  13.    #653  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    I have one extra icon -- a 'ringer off' icon -- so I will play around a bit and see if that has any bearing on the missing icon.

My wifi is always on and picks up and connects to known networks. When I am home, its already connected to my wifi so I guess it could work. What I would like MS to do is turn on my ringer when it connects to my wifi and turn it on vibrate when I am too far away to be connected to it.
    I have also the ringer off icon patch and haven't experienced the BT icon disappearing.

Yes the WiFi trigger would work in that way the only thing would be that I am not sure that how "fast" it could detect being outside of the WiFi, but I definitely implement the WiFi trigger in some form. I will post my future plans in the near end of April when I have more time to work on MS.
  14.    #654  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    I keep getting an error saying the "Add support" patch has previously been applied. I had to doctor my phone the other day and I am trying to get it back to normal. Anyway to manually remove this patch and set it back to normal so I can reinstall?
    The Emergency Patch Recovery app should sort out this kind of problems automatically as far as I know. Haven't needed to use it myself since I always prefer manual removal so I know that there isn't happening anything that should not. For some reason the patch is already installed on your phone, but Preware just don't have any record of it.
    I am so excited for the location trigger!
  16.    #656  
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    I am so excited for the location trigger!
    Don't expect too much from the first version It is a bit slow to pick up the location and not the most reliable yet. The algorithm needs a bit more love which I don't have time to give before end of April, but at least it is a start and should work in some cases. This way people can at least start testing it and give back ideas and wishes so when I start crushing in the code in end of April I have a clear idea what is missing.
    So how do I manually remove the specific patches associated and reload. I have all my patches still "present" but not in preware. I ran all the emergency apps as other posts have detailed and it still isn't doing anything. Almost like preware, the doctor, and my phone all think the patches are the correct files and the originals are not.
  18.    #658  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    So how do I manually remove the specific patches associated and reload. I have all my patches still "present" but not in preware. I ran all the emergency apps as other posts have detailed and it still isn't doing anything. Almost like preware, the doctor, and my phone all think the patches are the correct files and the originals are not.
    Well I haven't faced your kind of problem, but didn't you say that you doctored your phone so the files should be back to original. All I know that there most likely is some recovery tool that will fix your situation, but just cannot remember what was it. Since if you have many patches in that condition fixing them manually is a huge task.
  19.    #659  
    The next release (0.9.10) will be out within next 6 hours. This release has location trigger enabled and new configuration UI for default mode that now follows the one of other modes (without trigger configuration). This means that now it is possible to have default mode include applications. And you are able to select if they should be started only when phone is started with default mode or normally like in other modes. In addition there is a configuration option to set weather the last active mode is reloaded or always default mode when phone is started.
    The Emergency Patch Recovery app should sort out this kind of problems automatically as far as I know. Haven't needed to use it myself since I always prefer manual removal so I know that there isn't happening anything that should not. For some reason the patch is already installed on your phone, but Preware just don't have any record of it.
    I think Jason Robataille's WebOS Repair Utility is the way to go. In a drop-down menu, it gives you the option to restore a single file, which it then extracts from whatever WebOS Doctor file you're using. Really easy.