View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 31 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181131 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 3326
  1. gpgyo's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #601  
    Thanks for pointing me to this app, I have just installed it. I'll try it out and let you know how it works for me.

    One question on use, when configuring a mode under system settings in the messaging area there is the option to set sound to mute. Does this cover all messaging (text, email, IM?) Thanks.
  2.    #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgyo View Post
    Thanks for pointing me to this app, I have just installed it. I'll try it out and let you know how it works for me.

    One question on use, when configuring a mode under system settings in the messaging area there is the option to set sound to mute. Does this cover all messaging (text, email, IM?) Thanks.
    The current version has known bugs that 1.4 brought so don't expect it to work perfectly. Hopefully tomorrows release has all these fixed. And I am not sure about how the messaging sound option effects the email etc. since this was changed in 1.4 and this is one of the parts that I haven't finished fixing/trying yet. Since currently I have only fixed the "core" stuff of MS and now I still have to go through those couple configuration options that broke / changed in 1.4 like the messaging thing. So I urge you to test the next release that I will label 0.9.7 tomorrow and report back any problems.
  3. gpgyo's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #603  
    Got it. Looking forward to 0.9.7. Thanks again.
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgyo View Post
    Thanks for pointing me to this app, I have just installed it. I'll try it out and let you know how it works for me.

    One question on use, when configuring a mode under system settings in the messaging area there is the option to set sound to mute. Does this cover all messaging (text, email, IM?) Thanks.
    Just to let you know that at least the couple next releases will only support setting the message sound not email or IM separately. This is because WebOS still does not have API for those so that they could be controlled elsewhere than those apps itself. I intend to add this support with a patch if Palm won't add the API soon, but this means that this will most likely not happen before the end of next month. As I mentioned I will release the "stable" release around next weekend then I take couple weeks for my master thesis and after that I have lots of time for MS and will start to add lots of new features.
  5.    #605  
    I will add the new release to the feed very soon. There will be new version of the app (0.9.7), launch at boot patch and mode menu patch. You have to uninstall the app and launch at boot patch manually before installing the new version! This is because the appid and name of the patch has changed. This had to happen so that I am able to add these to the WebOS Internals feed. This release will also reset your modes configuration so that you'll have to test the app more thoroughly. Please report any problems that you encounter since I want to release the "stable" release on next weekend.

    This should be the last time that you need to uninstall the app / boot patch manually. You'll be able to keep updating the app normally when it hits the WebOS Internals feed. Also the configuration will not be cleared anymore after this release. Sorry about this, but this needed to happen in order to get my app/patches to the official feeds. The other patches will be renamed too when they are added to the official feed, but this will happen little later and therefore for now those patches can be updated normally.

    Changes in this release:

    - Fixes to the problems brought by 1.4.0 release of WebOS.
    - The mode that was active before reboot / shutdown is started on reboot.
    - When configuration of current mode is changed it will be automatically reloaded after closing configuration app.
    - Screen off / always on should work again (at least working for me).
    - MS is now fully functional even when configuration app is running.

    Next scheduled release (will release on this Wednesday or Friday):

    - The location trigger seems to work now and I plan to enable it in next release.
    - Most likely the new Default Mode option that I have talked about previously.
    - This release will of course include bug fixes too if any reported.

    And the stable release hopefully on Sunday after all bugs are fixed.

    I am now also in Freenode (#webos-internals) with nick: Yoppo, so please feel free to contact me there for help/comments etc.

    EDIT: Actually always on wont work currently, will release update for that tomorrow.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/21/2010 at 08:11 PM.
  6. #606  
    Uninstalled all MS related patches and then MS. Reboot, tried to reinstall and getting a hunk error trying to write to the luna file. I've checked and I don't have any other patches that write to the boot file. Any ideas? Restore luna.conf from a previous version? Restore from the doctor image file?
  7.    #607  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Uninstalled all MS related patches and then MS. Reboot, tried to reinstall and getting a hunk error trying to write to the luna file. I've checked and I don't have any other patches that write to the boot file. Any ideas? Restore luna.conf from a previous version? Restore from the doctor image file?
    If the start mode switcher on luna boot patch is uninstalled then the uninstallation of that patch may have not succeed from some odd reason. It should be safe to replace the luna.conf either by manually copying the backup of the file or from doctor image. Since I don't think any other patch will modify that file. Or you could just edit the file manually. Search for the line that says LaunchAtBoot and the last appid on that line should still be the modeswitcher and by removing that it should be in original state and the patch should succeed once again.
  8. #608  
    I'm getting the same error... Guess I won't be using MS this morning since I'm not home.
  9.    #609  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I'm getting the same error... Guess I won't be using MS this morning since I'm not home.
    Hmm weird. Just out of curiosity did you uninstall the app first then the luna related patch? Since at least with this order it went fine for me. I don't know if there's some buf when trying to uninstall a patch that some app depends to.

    If you have a terminal application in the pre it is possible to restore the file with the following command:

    mount / -o remount,rw
    sed -i s/";com.palm.app.modeswitcher"/""/ /etc/palm/luna.conf
    mount / -o remount,ro
    Last edited by sconix; 03/22/2010 at 10:37 AM.
  10. #610  
    I used novacom and replaced it with the original version and it went fine. I don't remember what order I uninstalled in.
  11. #611  
    I updated Preware and uninstall MS and Mode in the Menu patch than I did a luna restart. I didn't even remember that I had luna boot installed so I tried to install MS and the new Boot patch and I got the error. I did another luna restart and looked into my installed patches and saw the Boot patch there (dont remember what version it was) I uninstalled it and did another luna reboot and tried to install MS again and it still didn't work. So maybe I broke it when I didn't uninstall everything MS related.

    Also Terminal app is still broken since 1.4 last I heard. I'll just wait until I get home in a few hours.
  12. #612  
    Got MS re-installed and all my modes set back up. Installed the Mode Menu patch and the Today Menu patch. Do you still have to uninstall all the patches when there's a patch update? I seem to remember that at one time if the Mode Menu patch was updated you had to uninstall the Today patch and others that were dependent on it and then update it.
  13. gpgyo's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #613  
    For what its worth, here's what I did:

    - Installed Mode Switcher & patch on Sat then uninstalled the app in anticipation of new version.
    - Today, uninstalled the patch, Luna restart.
    - While in Preware saw there was a Preware update so installed that next, Luna restart.
    - Did a phone reboot (just for the heck of it.)
    - Installed Mode Switcher & patch, Luna restart.

    No problems with installation to report. Hope this helps.
  14. #614  
    I uninsalled MS app did a restart uninstalled the boot patch restarted, installed new boot patch restarted reinstalled MS app worked perfect. After that just updated top bar patch. This app is great so far no issues. Thank you for all your hard work sconix.
  15. #615  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I used novacom and replaced it with the original version and it went fine. I don't remember what order I uninstalled in.
    Tried with nova, and get this:

    sed: cannot create temp file /etc/palm/luna.confZaaMrp: Read-only file system

    Looks like I need to change permissions somehow.

    UPDATE: Just restored with Jason's Repair Utility. All seems fine now.
    Last edited by grappler; 03/22/2010 at 09:04 AM.
  16. #616  
    Is there any chance of the bootup scripts for both MS and Brightness Unlinked ever working together?
  17.    #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Got MS re-installed and all my modes set back up. Installed the Mode Menu patch and the Today Menu patch. Do you still have to uninstall all the patches when there's a patch update? I seem to remember that at one time if the Mode Menu patch was updated you had to uninstall the Today patch and others that were dependent on it and then update it.
    Until Preware supports dependencies in update you have to remove my (app,today,device) menu patches before updating the general menus patch, but there are no other dependencies anymore. So no need to uninstall other menu patches if updating one menu patch. And most likely the general menus patch won't receive update anytime soon...
  18.    #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    Is there any chance of the bootup scripts for both MS and Brightness Unlinked ever working together?
    I think there will be a common way to have applications started on luna boot at some day in Preware. For now you need to manually edit the file to include both if you need them both. Or if Preware starts to support optional dependencies then there could be a patch that adds both in to the luna startup.
  19.    #619  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Tried with nova, and get this:

    sed: cannot create temp file /etc/palm/luna.confZaaMrp: Read-only file system

    Looks like I need to change permissions somehow.

    UPDATE: Just restored with Jason's Repair Utility. All seems fine now.
    Sorry forgot couple steps from the howto Updated the post if someone else still having the same problem, but good that you got it sorted out.
  20. #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I think there will be a common way to have applications started on luna boot at some day in Preware. For now you need to manually edit the file to include both if you need them both. Or if Preware starts to support optional dependencies then there could be a patch that adds both in to the luna startup.
    Can you point me in the direction of what file I need to be editing? I don't mind a workaround for now if that's what it takes.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions