• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 30 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080130 ... LastLast
  1.    #581  
    Updated version of mode menu patch available. Fixed small bug/problem with the patch so no big changes. Still working with the app and release can be expected on Friday or Saturday.
    Sconix in the 1.4 update the messenger app finally have a vibrate for the sound. I was wondering could you add the vibrate in the system settings for messaging. Also I do miss having the mode update once MS is closed. Is you working on fixing that. Oh and Welcome Back
  3.    #583  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Sconix in the 1.4 update the messenger app finally have a vibrate for the sound. I was wondering could you add the vibrate in the system settings for messaging. Also I do miss having the mode update once MS is closed. Is you working on fixing that. Oh and Welcome Back
    I think that for next release there are no new features only bug fixes and enabling of old features that I had to disable for last release (eg. the mode updating if it has been changed). Then next release that I try to get already in the beginning of next week I add the location trigger and maybe some other new configuration options. And then finally the stable release in the end of next week. After that I will focus on my master thesis and when it's ready then I start to add new features/triggers etc. At least this is the plan, but as always it can change.
    Sconix: One request.

It would be great to have a small selection of modem icons to choose from, say a car, an office building, a house, etc. I use a patch that gets rid of icon text in the launcher, so I now have four identical Mode Switcher icons sitting there and I have to rely on my memory to tap the right one.

Even different colors of the same icon would probably work for me.

Even people who use icon text could benefit by different icons, I would think.
    Still getting "1 out of 12 hunks failed" on Postinst of the top bar patch.

Is it possible the Device Menu Ultramix patch is interfering?
  6.    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Sconix: One request.

It would be great to have a small selection of modem icons to choose from, say a car, an office building, a house, etc. I use a patch that gets rid of icon text in the launcher, so I now have four identical Mode Switcher icons sitting there and I have to rely on my memory to tap the right one.

Even different colors of the same icon would probably work for me.

Even people who use icon text could benefit by different icons, I would think.
    To have a set of icons to choose for the mode has been on my list of TODO items in the future. I could add this sooner thou if somebody provides me with a nice set of icons. I am no artist so I cannot make them and to find nice onces that are allowed to use freely is a task that I don't have time just now. The actual code for this is a 15 minutes job...
    Last edited by sconix; 03/17/2010 at 01:38 PM.
  7.    #587  
    Still getting "1 out of 12 hunks failed" on Postinst of the top bar patch.

Is it possible the Device Menu Ultramix patch is interfering?
    If you mean mode menu patch then I don't think that Device menu patch is conflicting. Just update your message with the list of top bar patches that you have and I will have a look that if I can change the patch in a way that it install for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you mean mode menu patch then I don't think that Device menu patch is conflicting. Just update your message with the list of top bar patches that you have and I will have a look that if I can change the patch in a way that it install for you.
    Sorry, it's actually the "Add Support for System Menus" patch that's failing.

I removed the Device Menu Ultramix patch that I thought might be the culprit, but I still get an error.

I haven't really done much of anything with my top bar.

My complete patch list is:

4x4 v3
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Enable Landscape Email
    Hide NASCAR
    Hide NFL
    Hide Quick Launch bar
    Just Charge by Default
    Multi Mod (browser)
    Named Pages in the Launcher
    Raise Image Resolution Limit
    Remove Icon Titles
    Slider Blocks Orientation Change (browser)
    Snooze Duration Selection
    Unhide Dev Mode
    Virtual Keyboard
  9.    #589  
    Sorry, it's actually the "Add Support for System Menus" patch that's failing.

I removed the Device Menu Ultramix patch that I thought might be the culprit, but I still get an error.
    I will look into those patches later today and try to see which one is conflicting. The Preware log should say which file is the one that the patch fails for. It would help and make finding of the conflict more faster.

EDIT: actually one more thing came to my mind since it looks like that your list of patches really should not concern top bar is that do you have a theme installed and which one if yes? Since the patch modifies one file that can be altered by the themes or by some other not top bar related patch.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/17/2010 at 01:47 PM.
    I will look into those patches later today and try to see which one is conflicting. The Preware log should say which file is the one that the patch fails for. It would help and make finding of the conflict more faster.
    How do I export Preware's IPKG log for posting?
  11.    #591  
    How do I export Preware's IPKG log for posting?
    If I remember right it should be in the root of the "USB partition". Anyway I have the image in my head that the error log that you can view should also show the filename on red... Anyway now I have to go for a while, but will look into this when I get back. Read the previous post (the EDIT part) and answer to that also.
    If I remember right it should be in the root of the "USB partition". Anyway I have the image in my head that the error log that you can view should also show the filename on red... Anyway now I have to go for a while, but will look into this when I get back. Read the previous post (the EDIT part) and answer to that also.
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 33 (offset 5 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 91 (offset 5 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 265 (offset 5 lines).
    Hunk #5 FAILED at 296.
    Hunk #6 succeeded at 399 (offset 16 lines).
    Hunk #7 succeeded at 448 (offset 16 lines).
    Hunk #8 succeeded at 585 (offset 16 lines).
    Hunk #9 succeeded at 714 (offset 16 lines).
    Hunk #10 succeeded at 769 (offset 16 lines).
    Hunk #11 succeeded at 1085 (offset 16 lines).
    Hunk #12 succeeded at 2851 (offset 16 lines).
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/330/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/devicemenu.css
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    patching file etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf

----------------------------------
    dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    ----------------------------------
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]

I do have the Launcher Black theme installed, but it's supposedly patch-friendly. I'll try removing it.

UPDATE: Removing Launcher Black made no difference--same error. (Thank God. I love the black launcher!
    Last edited by grappler; 03/17/2010 at 02:15 PM.
  13.    #593  
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    It seems that the hide quick launch bar patch is the culprit. Although I don't know why it modifies bar-assistant.jsjsjs. $You$ $could$ $try$ $mine$ $hide$ $quick$ $launch$ $bar$ $patch$ $if$ $you$ $want$. $I$ $added$ $it$ $to$ $the$ $feed$. $It$ $also$ $adds$ $the$ $add$/$delete$ $pages$ ($so$ $remove$ $that$ $patch$ $also$) $and$ $hides$ $the$ $quick$ $launch$ $bar$, $but$ $the$ $difference$ $is$ $that$ $it$ $also$ $adds$ $edit$ $quick$ $launch$ $bar$ $into$ $the$ $app$ $launcher$ $menu$ $so$ $you$ $can$ $temporaly$ $show$ $the$ $QLB$ $to$ $edit$ $the$ $icons$ $in$ $it$ $if$ $you$ $are$ $still$ $using$ $the$ $wave$ $launcher$ $for$ $example$.
    It seems that the hide quick launch bar patch is the culprit. Although I don't know why it modifies bar-assistant.jsjsjs. $You$ $could$ $try$ $mine$ $hide$ $quick$ $launch$ $bar$ $patch$ $if$ $you$ $want$. $I$ $added$ $it$ $to$ $the$ $feed$. $It$ $also$ $adds$ $the$ $add$/$delete$ $pages$ ($so$ $remove$ $that$ $patch$ $also$) $and$ $hides$ $the$ $quick$ $launch$ $bar$, $but$ $the$ $difference$ $is$ $that$ $it$ $also$ $adds$ $edit$ $quick$ $launch$ $bar$ $into$ $the$ $app$ $launcher$ $menu$ $so$ $you$ $can$ $temporaly$ $show$ $the$ $QLB$ $to$ $edit$ $the$ $icons$ $in$ $it$ $if$ $you$ $are$ $still$ $using$ $the$ $wave$ $launcher$ $for$ $example$.
    Want.This.Patch

I do use the wave, and I've always wanted to be able to edit the QLB but keep it hidden. Again, great work.
    Damn . . . now I'm getting

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 8 with fuzz 2.
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 76 (offset 8 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 141 (offset 14 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 159 (offset 14 lines).
    Hunk #6 succeeded at 187 (offset 14 lines).
    Hunk #7 FAILED at 609.
    1 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

when I try to install your Quick Launch Hide.
  16.    #596  
    Damn . . . now I'm getting
    when I try to install your Quick Launch Hide.
    Hmm I tried it with those patches that you have and it installed perfectly. You did remove the add/delete pages patch right?
    Hmm I tried it with those patches that you have and it installed perfectly. You did remove the add/delete pages patch right?
    yes, but i think there was a system crash in the middle of the hide ql patch install. i guess i could use jason's repair utility to restore the file. which file is that patch touching?
  18.    #598  
    yes, but i think there was a system crash in the middle of the hide ql patch install. i guess i could use jason's repair utility to restore the file. which file is that patch touching?
    It seems that the line that conflicts is the very last one of the patch and I don't think any other patch should edit that part. So maybe there was something weird happening when you installed it. The files that this quick launch patch touches are:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    thanks for this awesome app!

the help button doesn't work yet, true?

what's your major? Wouldn't it be great if MS was for your MS?
  20.    #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhiggins5 View Post
    thanks for this awesome app!

the help button doesn't work yet, true?

what's your major? Wouldn't it be great if MS was for your MS?
    Your welcome. And yes the help button wont work yet, I will add a some kind help page before the "stable" release. My major is embedded systems and my master thesis is about architecture that I implemented in one of our projects that concerns combining P2P networks and Web services. So not as interesting as MS at least for me Specially since our prototype platform was Nokia's Maemo which truly seems something from the past at least when compared to WebOS.

Just using this reply to report about the progress. I have couple volleyball matches and Sauna evening today so I have to put on the release of new version for tomorrow, but I definitely will do a new release tomorrow night so the wait is not long anymore.