• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 28 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878128 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    deleted (posted twice)
    Last edited by brasax; 03/04/2010 at 07:35 AM.
    thanks for working till the last second forus sconix! Have fun on your trip
  3.    #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    thanks for working till the last second forus sconix! Have fun on your trip
    Thanks and I truly wanted to have first ready version released before the trip for my self as well for you guys, but things rarely goes as I would like

There is now 0.9.5 release available. Hopefully it works little bit better than the 0.9.4. If not there are always those older version available (link that I mentioned couple posts back). And no the location code is not in, but will be on the release that I make on week 11.

Now I go to finish packing and then I start my 30 hour travelling to the Mexico See you guys on week 11. I might drop by to comment in the forums thou, but at least no new releases before I am back.
    Enjoy your trip, sconix.

You should really try to avoid thinking about this app while you're on it and enjoy yourself, even though I know you won't be able to, LOL. Just remember that you're doing this for fun and you don't owe us anything.
  5.    #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    Enjoy your trip, sconix.

You should really try to avoid thinking about this app while you're on it and enjoy yourself, even though I know you won't be able to, LOL. Just remember that you're doing this for fun and you don't owe us anything.
    Thanks, and yes since I am doing this for fun it is so hard to keep away from this But I am sure that when I get to the +30C climate it will free my mind. This -10 (was -30 couple days ago) it will freeze your brain and will make you want to stay inside and code =)

Now off to the train....
    Thanks for all your hard work on this project Sconix. Enjoy ur trip!!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    To get your hands on the beta release unzip the e-lnx-wee.conf.zip included in this post and copy the unpacked file in /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/ directory on your Pre. After that you should have one more feed in your Preware and from there you can find and install MS packages / patches.

How do I go about moving that file to the mentioned directory either on the Pre or via my pc?

I am noob when it comes to this

Thanks
    Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by JBK617 View Post
    To get your hands on the beta release unzip the e-lnx-wee.conf.zip included in this post and copy the unpacked file in /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/ directory on your Pre. After that you should have one more feed in your Preware and from there you can find and install MS packages / patches.

How do I go about moving that file to the mentioned directory either on the Pre or via my pc?

I am noob when it comes to this

Thanks
    Rick
    There's a menu command in WebOS Quick Install that sends a file to a directory on the pre. I think it's called "Send File" and it'll ask you what file you want to send and it'll have a field to type in the path you want to send it to.
    I managed to install the feed and also find Mode Switcher in Preware, but when it comes to downloading/installing it constantly reads "IPKG error" - regardless of which package I am installing and with what dependencies...

The log reads:
    Postinst
    1 out of 1 hunk failed - saving rejects to file ...

Any clues, what I am doing wrong?
    Last edited by precaution; 03/09/2010 at 06:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by precaution View Post
    I managed to install the feed and also find Mode Switcher in Preware, but when it comes to downloading/installing it constantly reads "IPKG error" - regardless of which package I am installing and with what dependencies...

The log reads:
    Postinst
    1 out of 1 hunk failed - saving rejects to file ...

Any clues, what I am doing wrong?
    Do you have the "Restart Brightness Unlinked on Luna Restart" patch installed. They both patch the same file. I had to remove that patch to get Mode Switcher installed right. You can leave Brightness Unlinked installed just not the patch that restarts it on reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Do you have the "Restart Brightness Unlinked on Luna Restart" patch installed.
    Wow, gorgeous hint!
    Actually, I do have this installed and after removal, Mode Switcher installed like a charm.

Now, I have the same problem with "Mode Switcher for Top Bar", which reports "1 out of 12 hunks failed..."
    Can you do your magic here as well, please?
    Last edited by precaution; 03/09/2010 at 07:37 AM.
    Wow, gorgeous hint!
    Actually, I do have this installed and after removal, Mode Switcher installed like a charm.

Now, I have the same problem with "Mode Switcher for Top Bar", which reports "1 out of 12 hunks failed..."
    Can you do your magic here as well, please?
    Mode Menu for Top Bar is the patch I'm using too. It should only modify the upper left corner of your phone where your Carrier String is displayed. Do you have any patch installed that changes the Carrier String? I think there's one out that changes it to the date or something like that.
    Do you have any patch installed that changes the Carrier String?
    OK, then I guess the suspected patch could be "Show SSID"...
    I will remove this temporarily...
    Last edited by precaution; 03/09/2010 at 09:21 AM.
    Update 01:
    I have removed the patch and still I cannot install the "Mode Switcher for Top Bar"

I went through all of my installed patches and I am not able to associate any other patch with the top left corner.
    Altough, I do have some for the top bar, e.g. "battery icon and percent" and "Toggle 3G in Device Menu" as well as "Ringer Switch Icon".

I hesitate to remove them all...
    Update 02:
    I did it and removed all three patches - unfortunately whithout success and any change of the IPKG log: 1 out of 12 hunk failed...

Now, I am lost. I have no idea on how to proceed...
    I still cannot install "Mode Switcher for Top Bar"
    What file is it failing on if you look in the log? There may be a clue there as to what patch it is conflicting with. I know I have the battery icon as percent patch and it doesn't conflict. Also, did you reboot the phone after removing the Carrier String patch? I think Preware prompts for a reboot but wanted to make sure.
    Just installed. Can't wait to play around with this one--an app I've been waiting for!
    It's the app that I love the most. The only thing not working right now is the screen off on TS settings but Sconix mentioned that before he left for holiday. I've got modes set for work, for home, for sleeping, for church. Now I never have that moment of "did I silence my ringer when I came in" because Mode Switcher does it for me.
    What file is it failing on
    This is what I cannot exactly tell, because the log file does not give any hint in this regard
    This is what I cannot exactly tell, because the log file does not give any hint in this regard
    Sounds like we may have to wait for Sconix to return then. I think Mode Switcher will still work as without the Mode Menu patch installed. All it does is add the active mode in the upper left corner and gives you the ability to select modes from a drop down menu.