• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 27 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777127 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well the new patches will need you to remove the old patches anyway. But if it won't let you uninstall the patch then maybe Preware has somehow ruined the package. Happened to me at least for one patch when I went to 1.4.0. Then I guess that EPR should help in removing the patch.
    I'm not aware of any way that Preware can ruin a package.

I'm aware of conflicting patches overwriting the same file, but that's a fault in the patches contributed by those specific authors, not a fault in Preware. And it's usually (but cannot be guaranteed to be) detected by the AUPT scripts built into the patches.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'm not aware of any way that Preware can ruin a package.

I'm aware of conflicting patches overwriting the same file, but that's a fault in the patches contributed by those specific authors, not a fault in Preware. And it's usually (but cannot be guaranteed to be) detected by the AUPT scripts built into the patches.

-- Rod
    At least the following happened for me two times after switching to 1.4.0. I uninstalled the patch and when I tried to install it again it gave an error that the patch was already installed in the log file. When I looked into the device the ipk of the patch was removed but the patch was not. When I manually issued the patch with -R using the patch file in the backups location it succesfully removed the patch and I was able to install the patch again from Preware. Don't remember what was those patches and have no clue why this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At least the following happened for me two times after switching to 1.4.0. I uninstalled the patch and when I tried to install it again it gave an error that the patch was already installed in the log file. When I looked into the device the ipk of the patch was removed but the patch was not. When I manually issued the patch with -R using the patch file in the backups location it succesfully removed the patch and I was able to install the patch again from Preware. Don't remember what was those patches and have no clue why this happened.
    Weird. Next time it happens, please grab the webos-patches.log file from the USB drive and post it as an attachment in the AUPT thread so Eric can debug it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4.    #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Weird. Next time it happens, please grab the webos-patches.log file from the USB drive and post it as an attachment in the AUPT thread so Eric can debug it.

-- Rod
    I will, but it might have been some very special situation since I tried to uninstall and install the patch again right after this and everything went fine. So I have no clue why it did what it did and I even looked those AUPT scripts myself and could not figure a way how this was possible.
    I uninstalled the old version so I could install the new version. When I do I get an IPK error. Is the only file that it touches the luna.conf? If so I may have another patch installed that modified that file and that may be why it won't install.

**It was the Brightness Unlinked on Luna restart patch that was keeping it from installing. Removed that patch and it installed fine.**
    Last edited by cdbillups; 03/03/2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: New Info
    I'm getting an error when installing the Add Support for System Menus patch. There are a number of junks failed. It says "saving rejects to file" for three files:
    Code:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$     
    /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$views$/$bar$/$bar$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$         
    /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$330$/$stylesheets$/$global$-$menus$.$css$.$rej$
    This happens in Postinst

Update: I found out I had the previous features patch that wasn't letting me install this patch. All is well now.

EDIT: I left MS installed and updated it, then removed it, then installed the updated version. My modes didn't stay. I tried to set the default settings but it didn't do it, all the settings stayed at querying.
    Last edited by gollyzila; 03/04/2010 at 01:21 AM.
  7.    #527  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I uninstalled the old version so I could install the new version. When I do I get an IPK error. Is the only file that it touches the luna.conf? If so I may have another patch installed that modified that file and that may be why it won't install.

**It was the Brightness Unlinked on Luna restart patch that was keeping it from installing. Removed that patch and it installed fine.**
    Yes that is currently the only patch that conflicts. It would be possible to do a patch that adds both apps to the luna.conf, but then I would need to remove the patch dependency at least from the app.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    New version of Mode Switcher is not working anymore on 1.4. Had in the Launcher an icon to switch manually, also not working.. Reinstalled, but not working at all..

Any idea?

Maybe the possibility to add the previous version somewhere to download?
  9.    #529  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post

EDIT: I left MS installed and updated it, then removed it, then installed the updated version. My modes didn't stay. I tried to set the default settings but it didn't do it, all the settings stayed at querying.
    If you lost your modes it would suggest that the MS was not started on luna boot. Did you do a luna restart after the patch/app was installed?
  10.    #530  
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    New version of Mode Switcher is not working anymore on 1.4. Had in the Launcher an icon to switch manually, also not working.. Reinstalled, but not working at all..

Any idea?

Maybe the possibility to add the previous version somewhere to download?
    Launcher icon is working just fine for me. How does it not work? It won't do anything or it says unknown mode or what? And you are sure that you have now the 0.9.4 version of the app and 1.4.0-1 version of Launch Mode Switcher at Boot patch. And have restarted at least luna preferably the phone after the installation.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    sconix,

the MS icon is working, the app itself is openening, but it is not switching to any mode anymore.

Added an icon for "office" to start this from the launcher. If I click on it, it is "shining" for 2 seconds, thats it. Nothing is happening. Added a new mode, but it is not switching at the set time.

I restartet the Pre after installation. The patch for launching on luna-start is installed (it did it automatically).
  12.    #532  
    sconix,

the MS icon is working, the app itself is openening, but it is not switching to any mode anymore.

Added an icon for "office" to start this from the launcher. If I click on it, it is "shining" for 2 seconds, thats it. Nothing is happening. Added a new mode, but it is not switching at the set time.

I restartet the Pre after installation. The patch for launching on luna-start is installed (it did it automatically).
    And you are sure that the MS is activated (the activates switch is on in the configuration)? If yes then I try to see what could cause this. Anyway I will most likely have hour or two free time today so I can try to fix couple problems in the code and do one more release of the app before putting my holiday mode on
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    it is activated. Tried to deactivate and activate it, but also not working..
  14.    #534  
    it is activated. Tried to deactivate and activate it, but also not working..
    I hate these situation that app works for me, but not to others, it's so hard to figure the reason when you cannot test it yourself. But let's see what I can found by looking at the code.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    many different configurations and so on..

I would not care about to use the previous version till youīre back from holiday. But then, I need to download it. I had no MS patches installed before, so it should not be a problem..

BTW had also the brightness unlinked at luna start installed..
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Deinstalled Brightness unlinked and MS completly. Reinstalled MS again, afterwards Brightness unlinked.

After first reboot of the Pre, the icon for MS was there, but only the name, no pic. After second reboot, the pic in the icon was there and the manual switch is working now.

I think, I found a problem:
    Time-Trigger is not working at all. Have added some modes to the launcher to switch manually. That is working, as long as I donīt open MS itself. If I do that, manual switch is not working afterwards, only a restart of the Pre is helping.
  17.    #537  
    Deinstalled Brightness unlinked and MS completly. Reinstalled MS again, afterwards Brightness unlinked.

After first reboot of the Pre, the icon for MS was there, but only the name, no pic. After second reboot, the pic in the icon was there and the manual switch is working now.

I think, I found a problem:
    Time-Trigger is not working at all. Have added some modes to the launcher to switch manually. That is working, as long as I donīt open MS itself. If I do that, manual switch is not working afterwards, only a restart of the Pre is helping.
    Ok this helps, I think I know where the problem is. There might be some lock left from the old app that is not needed anymore since the app is now running on background. And the lock is left on when MS config is started and never remove. I'll try to fix this today before leaving and I will also, put the old version available somewhere. The time based trigger most likely fails for the same reason so this should also fix that. At least I did not touch the time trigger code the charger trigger code only since it had to be moved from top bar to the application itself.

I just don't get it how you were able to install the app before if you had BU launch patch also installed. But the problem is that both BU and MS needs to patch the same line in luna.conf to make them run in background so maybe patch that combines these is also needed as an option.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Maybe a misunderstanding:

The patch for Brightness unlinked was removed, before I was installing MS.

I just removed the app itself, because I thought, maybe there also another issue..

Installing MS with Brightness unlinked patch was not possible..

UPDATE:

Plugged in the charger and the "office" mode started. But I never configured any charger event. "Office" should start at 9am and end at 6pm..

UDATE2:

It is not switching the mode with the charger, but the three buttons are shown and itīs counting, but it is not changing after the buttons disappeared.
    Last edited by brasax; 03/04/2010 at 07:23 AM.
  19.    #539  
    Maybe a misunderstanding:

The patch for Brightness unlinked was removed, before I was installing MS.

I just removed the app itself, because I thought, maybe there also another issue..

Installing MS with Brightness unlinked patch was not possible..
    OK then I miss understand something. The old packages and patches can be found from following urls and can be installed with WQI for instance. I still try to get one more release out before leaving that hopefully fixes couple more 1.4.0 specific problems. I really would have needed one day to convert the app for 1.4.0 not only 3 hours I just was able to make the most needed changes and tested quickly that time / charger trigger worked for me in my phone. Anyway as soon as I get back from my trip I get back to MS development and will release a fully working version as soon as possible.

The old version of the app and patches (there are also some other not MS related patches that I have made for myself lying around):
    Index of /webos/local/apps
    Index of /webos/local/patches
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Doesnīt matter.. Made a update on previos post with additional infos.

Youīre doing a great job!

You should enjoy your holiday and then take the time you need.. Donīt worry! We will wait!