32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 26 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676126 ... LastLast
  1.    #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I loaded the features patch last night and now get a card every time I set it on the charger even if the mode I'm in doesn't have a charging trigger. Also, my lock screen was just the unlock icon and no fading. The Screen Off while on TS didn't work right either. I removed the patch this morning and the lock screen is back to stock and the card doesn't show up when I put it on the charger.
    The card showing up is normal behavior. And is there as long as palm fixes the splash screen problem or I get the workaround done. I try the alarm hack tonight and if it solves the card problem will do a release. But it is only a workaround and may effect the reliability of the mode starting, so Palm really needs to fix this idiotism that splash screen is shown every time that app is launched even it does not create a card.

The lock screen bug is a bug in Preware/Package manager with 1.4.0 I have had it before the MS patches too and so are others. It usually goes away when you reboot the phone. And it usually shows up when installing patches that need luna restart. At least the reboot did the trick for me.

The screen off should work at least it is working for me but it has worked for me all the time and has never failed even when the patch had clear mistakes So I check if I made some mistake when I revised the code yesterday. But it is possible that the splash card problem is effecting this too so that is the main thing to get fixed...
  2.    #502  
    I think I found a way to get rid of the splash card problem. And in the process I am altering the patches. From now on, there will be one required patch that makes MS to run background and then those 5 other top bar menu patches that now can be installed separately and even without MS. I am not yet moving all the functionality from the required MS patch to the app itself since I want to first see how this works. When it is sure that this works then I move the charger trigger + other functionality from the patch to the app itself and by doing this most likely those screen off and other problems will be history.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post

The lock screen bug is a bug in Preware/Package manager with 1.4.0 I have had it before the MS patches too and so are others. It usually goes away when you reboot the phone. And it usually shows up when installing patches that need luna restart. At least the reboot did the trick for me.

I actually just got this bug a little bit ago right after I updated the Package Manager. After doing a search for what was causing the issue, I actually came to the realization that this "bug" would actually make a nice optional mode switch. Since I use Slacker Radio (and Pandora) quite often with my Pre on a touchstone while I'm working this actually becomes very useful. Now since the screen is just dimmed with the lock button in the middle, I can still see what song is playing or what song is coming up next. However I do also use my Pre as my alarm clock in the morning and having it sitting on a touchstone at home comes in handy to have it in the normal clock mode.

So would it be possible to make a patch to toggle the screen lock between "dim screen mode" and "clock mode"?
  4.    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    So would it be possible to make a patch to toggle the screen lock between "dim screen mode" and "clock mode"?
    I actually got the same idea and already looked into this, but I could not find a reason what is causing this. And it actually might be a bug that is not reproducible with any standard methods, but if somebody finds a way to do this I definitely will add it to MS.
    I keep getting the error "cat: can't open '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-mode-switcher-features/package_list': No such file or directory" when I attempt to load the patches.
  6.    #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    I keep getting the error "cat: can't open '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-mode-switcher-features/package_list': No such file or directory" when I attempt to load the patches.
    I had this too in my log file, but it did not prevent the patch from installing. Anyway I am in process of renewing the patches once more since now the patch needed by MS is much smaller. I am also updating the MS app. So you may want to hold on the installing of patches and the app for 1.4.0 for now. I try to get the updated packages today so that everything should run smoothly on the 1.4.0. Since now if you install the features patch the MS becomes very annoying since the splash card keeps popping up quite often.

I just have been little busy since I had to find out a way to get my Pre working again since the 1.4.0 update broke the 3G with Rebel simcard, but now I have that fixed and I can get back to MS development.
  7.    #507  
    Never enough time to do everything. Timing for 1.4.0 release was not perfect since my holiday trip is already closing on fast. I go for 10 day trip to Mexico day after tomorrow. I will take a free day from work tomorrow so I can at least release working patches and app tomorrow. I still hope to get the location trigger in at least for testing since the plan is to release the first "stable" version right after my trip.
    I only have the features patch and app installed, no charging triggers, but MS still pops up when I charge and disconnect my device.
  9.    #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I only have the features patch and app installed, no charging triggers, but MS still pops up when I charge and disconnect my device.
    Yes this is expected since the charger trigger is still send to the app even there is no modes with the charger trigger. The coming release will address this issue and other issues that were introduced by the 1.4.0.
  10.    #510  
    About the patches, they are now ready but I will release them tomorrow at the same time with the updated application. The patches are now as follows and most likely this time this breakdown of patches will stick. So the patches will be as follows:

- 'modeswitcher' patch will be dependency of MS and will be rather small patch to enable the mode switcher in full glory.

The following patches are no longer MS specific in any way (well the mode menu patch does not make sense if not using MS but otherwise).

- 'globalmenus' patch will layout the groundwork for having 3 system menus in top bar (left, center, right). This won't change anything in the existing menus and wont add anything visible. This can be used also by others to create their own patches for utilizing those left and center menus.

The following patches are dependent of the globalmenus patch but nothing else. So you can install only the patches that you like if any.

- 'appmenu' patch will make the appmenu full width but transparent. Just for the differentiating look.
    - 'modemenu' patch will do the same than before, adds the mode menu to the left corner.
    - 'todaymenu' patch will add the today menu to the center of top bar where you can see todays and tomorrow calendar events quickly. This is no longer dependent on the appmenu patch.
    - 'devicemenu' patch will modify the device menu by removing items that are in modemenu/todaymenu and ads GPS and data controls.

At least this new breakdown of patches is much more cleaner and not so many dependencies. Only down side is that the mode menu might conflict with couple other top bar patches, but since the patch is optional I think this is acceptable.
    Cool. Can't wait to see MS overcome all these bugs introduced with 1.4. Also, thank you for working till the last day before your vacation. I hope you have fun and you deserve it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    MS is working so far.. But one trigger will not work at all.

Have set a "night" mode, starts the music-app at 23.30 and ends at 8 (and should close the music-app). But it never switches to the default-mode in the morning. The Pre is on the TS during the night. Is it possible, that this causes the problem? Other mode is working without mentioned problem..

Any ideas?
  13.    #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    MS is working so far.. But one trigger will not work at all.

Have set a "night" mode, starts the music-app at 23.30 and ends at 8 (and should close the music-app). But it never switches to the default-mode in the morning. The Pre is on the TS during the night. Is it possible, that this causes the problem? Other mode is working without mentioned problem..

Any ideas?
    Being on TS might have effect, but I in process of combining the charger trigger code into the app so hopefully the new version would have this sorted out. And if you are using 1.4.0 already it most likely is the reason. The new release will try to fix all problems that came with 1.4.0 and some of the old ones, but the release is for 1.4.0 only. I don't have time to keep the 1.3.5 patches up to date with the changes. After my holiday I will have much more time, but now I try to get a version out that would at least mainly work in 1.4.0.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Thanks for the answer! I'm running on 1.4..
    I'm waiting for the update because for some reason my MS won't go pass that stupid splash screen. Last night it worked fine and now it's not working at all. I'll just wait and see if the update fixes my issue.
  16.    #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I'm waiting for the update because for some reason my MS won't go pass that stupid splash screen. Last night it worked fine and now it's not working at all. I'll just wait and see if the update fixes my issue.
    Tonights release should fix all the issues with the splash screen. I still have couple things to take care of and after that I should have 3-4 hours time to fix and test the application and do a release.
    awesome... can't wait. Thanks again for all the work you are putting into this
    I have been seeing updates for the two patches to enable "modemenu" in preware. Each time I try to do the update, I get an ipkg error. Should I just wait for (all?) the Mode Switcher updates to try again, or is it possible I have an issue with preware? Since the 1.4 update, I've had a lot of issues with WebOSQI, but preware has been working ok.

Thanks,

Jordan
  19.    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I have been seeing updates for the two patches to enable "modemenu" in preware. Each time I try to do the update, I get an ipkg error. Should I just wait for (all?) the Mode Switcher updates to try again, or is it possible I have an issue with preware? Since the 1.4 update, I've had a lot of issues with WebOSQI, but preware has been working ok.

Thanks,

Jordan
    Well the new patches will need you to remove the old patches anyway. But if it won't let you uninstall the patch then maybe Preware has somehow ruined the package. Happened to me at least for one patch when I went to 1.4.0. Then I guess that EPR should help in removing the patch.
  20.    #520  
    New release of app and the patches. Please note that this release was put in together rather fast without extensive testing. So if you have a version of MS installed that suits your needs for now then stick to it. Since I am going on my holiday tomorrow so no new release before week 11. Once I am back I will make a bug fix release and after that I plan to rip of the Beta tag and release the app in official feed.

If you still deside to go for this new release then uninstall old app and patches first (you wont loose youre mode configuration).

New in this release:

- Now app runs in background (don't worry about performance or battery issues
    the app sits doing nothing most of the time as it did before). This means that
    no more features patch needed since all features are part of the MS, but small
    patch that adds the application to the list of background apps is needed and
    it is installed automatically as a dependency

- Menu patches are now none MS specific and have fewer dependencies.

- Some fixes related to the 1.4.0 (I most likely missed some).

- Mode is _not_ started on startup for now and neither it is refreshed after making changes in configuration. So for now you need to do manual close/start for the mode for the changes to take effect. I just did not had the time to modify this to suit the 1.4.0.

- Also bluetooth, IM status, screen off and screen always on are not currently working. If I have time I fix these tomorrow before my trip.

And I know that many are waiting the location trigger and it is still not in. I will test it tomorrow when going to work and coming back home. IF it works now after my last changes then I will do one more release tomorrow if not then sorry that I have to make you to wait almost 2 weeks.

So once more sorry for the inconvenience that my holiday will cause, the timing of 1.4.0 release just wasn't perfect. And I really tried to push for stable 1.0 release with location trigger before my holiday, but well the damn time just keeps running too quickly and the problems that 1.4.0 brought did not help at all.

Only good news is that since the app is now a background app I have free hands to implement new triggers and make the app work as reliable as possible when I get back from my holiday trip