• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 25 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575125 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    So time-triggered modes but no patches works? (Just double checking).
    That's what's working for me right now. I kept all the modes I had already set up but just removed any charging triggers. All my modes have switched just fine at the appropriate times. You just can't use any type of charging trigger and some of the touchstone features don't work because they depend on the charging triggers.
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by poppyseth View Post
    so I can install the Mode Switcher v0.9.3 app from Preware without the patches?? It lists it as a zero B download...
    My bad, the package info has wrong size. Otherwise the package is just fine and you can install it in 1.4.0.
  3.    #483  
    Small update. So the application itself should still work on 1.4.0. I have ported the patches for 1.4.0 already. Testing them now and adding the bug fix for the features patch. After that I push them on the feed so expect to get them tonight. The location trigger won't make it appearance yet since the unfortunate RSC problem that took all my time on the weekend. I'll try to make a release with the location trigger on Wednesday.

The features that won't work without the features patch are:
    - Charger trigger
    - Always on / turn off screen while charging
    - Mode startup / check on phone reboot

And of course without the modemenu patch there is no menu for manual changing, but the launcher icons should work that you can create for the modes from the MS app. Anyway it won't be long now when you can get those patches back
  4.    #484  
    Just started testing the patches and noticed that when ever I try to start a mode, new MS card appears and the mode startup won't happen. I am surprised if the app works for somebody. I have to see why this is happening the app is configured to have no window and still new windows is created for when app launch is requested. Hopefully this is not a big problem and there is a easy fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just started testing the patches and noticed that when ever I try to start a mode, new MS card appears and the mode startup won't happen. I am surprised if the app works for somebody. I have to see why this is happening the app is configured to have no window and still new windows is created for when app launch is requested. Hopefully this is not a big problem and there is a easy fix.
    When I launch a mode from a shortcut it shows a card while it loads the mode; then I just swipe the card away when it's finished loading. When it switches modes based on a time trigger I've never noticed the card (or it closed on it's own.)
  6.    #486  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    When I launch a mode from a shortcut it shows a card while it loads the mode; then I just swipe the card away when it's finished loading. When it switches modes based on a time trigger I've never noticed the card (or it closed on it's own.)
    Thanks for the info, just noticed that the reason for it not working for me is a typo in one of the patches So it actually works even thou it should not show the card at all, but the main thing is that it works. Back to fixing the patches...
  7.    #487  
    I am not sure that I like the new splash system, but anyway it seems that if application is launched by alarm then it is not shown. At least it looks like it. If it is so then I can change those relaunches to happen through alarm then the app might work just like before. I'll test this and if it works then I release a new version of the app too.

EDIT: actually I think I found a proper way to go around this by digging into Mojo library.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/01/2010 at 12:17 PM.
    I am not sure that I like the new splash system, but anyway it seems that if application is launched by alarm then it is not shown. At least it looks like it. If it is so then I can change those relaunches to happen through alarm then the app might work just like before. I'll test this and if it works then I release a new version of the app too.

EDIT: actually I think I found a proper way to go around this by digging into Mojo library.
    There are several developers, including myself, that have discussed this issue on the Palm Dev forums. In 1.4, empty cards are displayed when an app is launched without a card stage when previously that did not happen. However I've found that an app launched via alarm will not display an empty card.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  9.    #489  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    There are several developers, including myself, that have discussed this issue on the Palm Dev forums. In 1.4, empty cards are displayed when an app is launched without a card stage when previously that did not happen. However I've found that an app launched via alarm will not display an empty card.
    Thanks for the info. It just feels somehow stupid to launch the app by alarm. Has there been any talk that there might be some kind of fix to this situation?
    Thanks for the info. It just feels somehow stupid to launch the app by alarm. Has there been any talk that there might be some kind of fix to this situation?
    Right now Palm is nowhere to be seen in the dev forums. I think they're afraid to come out with all of the upset devs hanging out over there.

This was one of several issues identified during beta testing and for some reason they released 1.4 with all of these known issues intact which has broken the functionality within several apps.

I'm hoping they're working on a quick 1.4.1 release to fix all of these issues.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

11.    #491  
    Right now Palm is nowhere to be seen in the dev forums. I think they're afraid to come out with all of the upset devs hanging out over there.

This was one of several issues identified during beta testing and for some reason they released 1.4 with all of these known issues intact which has broken the functionality within several apps.

I'm hoping they're working on a quick 1.4.1 release to fix all of these issues.
    Just when I was starting to like Palm and love WebOS Oh well still loving WebOS, but truly hope they will fix this splash problem. I don't mind the splash existing, but as long as it makes apps start slower (at least for me apps start much slower than in previous version) and there is no way to prevent the splash from happening it sucks. Maybe I don't convert the app just yet to using alarms and wait for Palm to fix this.
    Yeah I think (or at least perceive) that apps launch slower under 1.4 than in 1.3.5.1 due to the splash screens. I think they added them to make people perceive that launch apps faster (as evident by their 1.4 release notes that indicate apps launch quicker); however for me it has the opposite effect. My wife doesn't like it either. She asked me why the apps do that now.

13.    #493  
    Yeah I think (or at least perceive) that apps launch slower under 1.4 than in 1.3.5.1 due to the splash screens. I think they added them to make people perceive that launch apps faster (as evident by their 1.4 release notes that indicate apps launch quicker); however for me it has the opposite effect. My wife doesn't like it either. She asked me why the apps do that now.
    At least for me the apps started most of the time almost instantly on 1.3.5.2, but now it takes many seconds for them to start and sometimes the splash screen just stays and app won't open. At least others are having the same problem so this really sucks. I think it is a good to have some acknowledgement that app is starting, but this definitely is not the right way to implement that. As long as they fix this soon I will forgive
  14.    #494  
    Patches updated for 1.4.0 version. These also should have turn off / always on bug fixed. I did not yet test it extensively. Will do more testing tomorrow and please do report if you have problems. I also try to go around the stupid splash card thing and release new app version tomorrow. Until that don't close those splash cards before mode is fully started or the execution is aborted.
    is location working yet?
    I'm getting an error when trying to install the mode menu patch. It seems there's no post-install script.
    Now that most of the dust has settled around 1.4, I had a chance to try our MS again. I loaded version 0.9.3. When I started it up it went into its configuration of the default mode as expected, except it was not able to detect the current settings for bluetooth and IM status. I manually set them [bluetooth-off and IM status-logged off]. I then created a custom mode that included, among other things, turning bluetooth on. Then I saved that mode to the launcher so I could manually start it [I have not installed any MS patches yet - I wanted to get it working manually first]. When I start the custom mode from the launcher all of the other settings change as expected except it will not turn on bluetooth.

I tried turning bluetooth on in the default mode and it still won't turn on when default starts. I deleted MS and reinstalled thinking I could reset the default mode from scratch but when I start MS again it retained the previous default settings.

So I have two questions:
    1. Is there a way to delete the default mode so that I can get a clean reinstall and have MS try to detect current settings again?
    2. Is the lack of bluetooth switching a bug in MS or do I need to look elsewhere for an app or patch that may be conflicting with that switch?

edit: So I just found the Get Settings selection in default mode and was able to get MS to retrieve current settings again, but still the Bluetooth and IM Status are stuck on (querying) even after it reports that retrieving settings is finished.
    Last edited by rixpre2010; 03/01/2010 at 11:18 PM.
  18.    #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    edit: So I just found the Get Settings selection in default mode and was able to get MS to retrieve current settings again, but still the Bluetooth and IM Status are stuck on (querying) even after it reports that retrieving settings is finished.
    It seems that the 1.4.0 broke the Bluetooth and IM settings retrieval. I will fix them tonight and release an update most likely with splash card work around.
  19.    #499  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    is location working yet?
    Sorry not yet. I spend whole weekend fighting with the 1.4.0. But I think I found the last problem with the location trigger. So I test it tomorrow and if it now works flawlessly will do a release that has location trigger, but first I fix those problems that 1.4.0 brought.
    I loaded the features patch last night and now get a card every time I set it on the charger even if the mode I'm in doesn't have a charging trigger. Also, my lock screen was just the unlock icon and no fading. The Screen Off while on TS didn't work right either. I removed the patch this morning and the lock screen is back to stock and the card doesn't show up when I put it on the charger.