32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 24 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474124 ... LastLast
  1.    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Last night Bedside Mode didn't kick in when I put it on the charger. Only thing different about last night was that I put it on the TS after midnight instead of at it's usual 10:30pm or so. The screen didn't turn off so it might have been that I didn't have it seated well on the TS. I tried it two or three times and it seemed to be charging okay so I just manually selected Bedside Mode and went on to bed. I guess if you manually enter a mode it doesn't come out of that mode automatically either? I had to manually remove it from Bedside Mode this morning. I'll try it again to night and see what happens.
    It should come out of the mode even if it is started manually. There still might be some issue with the system how I try to keep track of weather the phone is on charger or not since the top bar has it's own tracking system and MS has it's own. I try to figure a way to combine those. Since now it might be that if these "flags" gets somehow mixed that they don't follow each other the charger trigger stops working. So I try to fine tune this in the next patch release where I fix the always on miss behavior too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes, sorry the gesture+tap was a patch just did not remember the original way. About the menu problem. So you can see the modes in the menu but when you click the mode you don't get a text below the mode name saying switch to this mode? Since it should be normal drawer widget so if it is not working it is weird.

EDIT: could you try to set airplane mode on and then off again. Since I looked into the code and I have set to ignore the click if AP mode is on. And to set it on and off at least should reset the state flag if that is the fault. And to make sure that you have 1.3.5-4 versions of features and modemenu patches installed?
    I created a "sleep" mode to turn off all services and volume at a certain time, and then close the mode at a certain time. When I woke up I noticed, the sleep mode didn't turn off, but that I could now select the modes using the top left menu. So the menu looks like its working ok, but I haven't yet tried to see if such timed modes are working or not.
    Also, one other idea, in your connection settings (and maybe others as well), for each connection, you might want to add a 3rd option besides enabled and disabled-- unchanged. This way when the mode switches you might just want to keep it the same as the previous mode. Just a suggestion.
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Also, one other idea, in your connection settings (and maybe others as well), for each connection, you might want to add a 3rd option besides enabled and disabled-- unchanged. This way when the mode switches you might just want to keep it the same as the previous mode. Just a suggestion.
    Actually it was that way at some point but when I changed the configuration way I left it out for simplicity. I might add it back at some point but for now I am not sure if it is the best way. Other way could be to add possibility to add only those individual settings that the mode changes.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/26/2010 at 04:40 PM.
    Sconix, 1.4 is out!!! Is it safe to keep your patches installed during the firmware update? Or should we uninstall before updating, then reinstall after? Is it even safe to install them on 1.4?

Update: I just got confirmation from the webos-internals people in the IRC that your patches are using AUPT!!

UPDATE 2: Unfortunatly one of them tweeted the address of your patches, and now your servers are dying under the stress. Sorry.

UPDATE 3: It looks like your servers are doing fine now since I'm not getting any errors in Preware when i update feeds.
    Last edited by gollyzila; 02/27/2010 at 02:39 AM.
    To get your hands on the beta release unzip the e-lnx-wee.conf.zip included in this post and copy the unpacked file in /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/ directory on your Pre. After that you should have one more feed in your Preware and from there you can find and install MS packages / patches.
    It would have been good manners to let WebOS Internals know that you are using AUPT scripts in your feed

You'll want to update them for 1.4.0 ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6.    #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It would have been good manners to let WebOS Internals know that you are using AUPT scripts in your feed

You'll want to update them for 1.4.0 ...

-- Rod
    Sorry, I did not bother to find out if those scripts are what makes them AUPT compatible or something else. I just wanted to have packages that install without problems to just be able to concentrate on coding. And to focus on the packaging when I felt the code is ready for releasing in the Preware.
    Sorry, I did not bother to find out if those scripts are what makes them AUPT compatible or something else. I just wanted to have packages that install without problems to just be able to concentrate on coding. And to focus on the packaging when I felt the code is ready for releasing in the Preware.
    No worries, mate. We're glad you found them useful. Please do continue to use them and keep them up to date

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8.    #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No worries, mate. We're glad you found them useful. Please do continue to use them and keep them up to date

-- Rod
    That I will and thanks.
    When will Mode Switcher and it's respective patches be updated for 1.4?
  10.    #470  
    No bug fix update for patches today neither location support. I am currently updating everything for 1.4.0. Hopefully get to release everything tomorrow. After I get my phone back to working state. Currently I am fighting to get my carrier settings to work. For some odd reason it does not want to work with same changes that I made with 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    sconix, great job! was waiting for ages for an app like that!
  12.    #472  
    Unfortunately the 1.4 and rebel sim card don't play well together so there might be delay to get the 1.4 updated patches and app out. I am currently still trying different things so I could get my phone work so I could update the patches etc.

EDIT: finally got my phone back to working order although still no 3g . I guess I'll manage without it until RSC is updated to support 1.4. Luckily my town has public WiFi with good coverage. So I am now updating the patches and checking that app works in 1.4 and releasing new version maybe today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/01/2010 at 06:24 AM.
    Having a problem installing the patches again after 1.4 update. Says rejects file at the barassistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
  14.    #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuphi1490 View Post
    Having a problem installing the patches again after 1.4 update. Says rejects file at the barassistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    There is no 1.4.0 version of the patches available yet. So that's why they won't install. Although I assumed that those 1.3.5 version are not even shown on 1.4, but I guess that it is because my custom feed. I try to get the updated patches out tonight or at latest tomorrow. I had little struggle with my update as you can see from above posts and that's why it has taken little longer to update those patches.
    sconix, I would like to thank you for all your hard work. I just discovered this application on Friday, and I have not had a chance to try it yet. I am eagerly awaiting the updated version for 1.4.

I have been looking for something that adds this functionality since I got my Pre, and I will be making a donation. Thank you!!
    I'm still using the app without the patches. The only thing the patches do is extend the functionality of MS. Without the patches I can't use charger triggers but that's okay for my primitive uses. I just bumped the time back on my Bedside Mode and removed the charger triggers. All the other modes I use are timer triggers only. Just wanted to say something so that people don't get the idea that without the patches the program doesn't work. It still works, you may just have to modify your modes until the patches catch up with 1.4.
    so I can install the Mode Switcher v0.9.3 app from Preware without the patches?? It lists it as a zero B download...
    I did and it installed fine. You just can't install the patches. The patches control the charger triggers and put the current mode in the upper left corner where the carrier string is. I think it also does some things with restarting modes on reboot and things like that. But until the patches are working, you can still install it and get your modes setup. I just had to modify my modes to remove the charging triggers until the patches get ironed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I did and it installed fine. You just can't install the patches. The patches control the charger triggers and put the current mode in the upper left corner where the carrier string is. I think it also does some things with restarting modes on reboot and things like that. But until the patches are working, you can still install it and get your modes setup. I just had to modify my modes to remove the charging triggers until the patches get ironed out.
    So time-triggered modes but no patches works? (Just double checking).
    sweet... then apparently I can update with patches after sconix makes them available. Awesome, thanks guys!!