32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 23 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373123 ... LastLast
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I see /media on my pre+ (using Internalz).

Excuse me for asking (an owner of pre+ for 2 days, and haven't gone through the 22 pages of the forum topic) another set of questions--I'm confused on the meaning of how the modes are triggered and released ie -- what to the auto start and auto close options each mean, what does behavior and its options mean (under triggers), -- is there any documentation (I know...its 0.9xx homebrew)?

2 more things -- I tried one of the new top bar menu patches, where you tap in the upper left corner and a menu comes down with the modes. Tapping on the mode didn't do anything, didn't turn the mode "on" or change the connections that should have for the mode I set up (so I removed the patch).
    Lastly, somehow, I created a launcher short cut for an "unknown mode". How do you remove that (and for that matter, even on that is a functional mode)?

I think this is a great app and one that has the potential to be competitive with a winmo app that I previously had phweaver.

Jordan
    I will add a small faq/help page into the app at some point that should help new users to get the idea of every config option. For now here are some answers. Auto start/close options means the following:

- Manual - mode is not started/closed by the triggers at all.
    - By selection - when mode triggers come "active" an popup launcher is shown timer on the cancel option (so after timeout cancel is selected).
    - After timer - same than above but timer on start action so after timer the mode is started automatically.
    - Immediate - the mode is started without any popup when triggers are active.

The behavior options mean that either any one of the triggers is enough to launch modes starting/closing or all unique that one of every type of trigger has to be active for the mode to be started. So if any trigger is selected then the mode is started when ever one of the trigger comes valid and is on until all of the triggers became not valid. And with the all unique the mode is started when one of every type of trigger is valid and closed when any of those triggers became not valid.

The left menu should work, if you press mode it opens the drawer with option to start the mode. If it is not working then I guess there has to be something different in Pre+. And the Unknown mode is shown when activating mode by launcher icon and the mode is deleted. The launcher icon can be deleted as other launcher icons by pressing the icon while keeping finger on gesture area.

I hope these instructions help you. And for my knowledge the software should be pretty much the same in Pre and Pre+ so /media should exist as it does on your phone since it is the normal Linux directory and therefore would be odd if changed in Pre+. And also the patches should work in Pre+, but if really nothing happens when pressing the modes in the left side mode menu then I guess there has to be some differences.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/25/2010 at 02:00 AM.
  2.    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Did not exist on my pre+. I created a media directory when I loaded a couple of books to try out pReader, but there is nothing like the structure you describe in any other directory.
    It is very odd if the directory doe not exist in Pre+. You do have Preware and Package manager installed since they also need that ipkg configuration directory where they add those default Preware feed configuration files.

One more clarification the directory exist in the root of the OS not on the USB directory. In case if you were only looking from the USB storage folder. So WQI or novacom need to be used when copying the file.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/25/2010 at 02:14 AM.
    Quick question...if I'm in a mode (Mode A) an I open another mode (Mode B) from the top left... And I close mode b.... Shouldn't it go back to the last mode I had it on which was Mode A...Well it go back to default mode and sometimes but it only does that when I turn on a mode from the top left. Any reason why?
    Sonix this app is getting better and better, has location trigger been addded yet?
  5.    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Quick question...if I'm in a mode (Mode A) an I open another mode (Mode B) from the top left... And I close mode b.... Shouldn't it go back to the last mode I had it on which was Mode A...Well it go back to default mode and sometimes but it only does that when I turn on a mode from the top left. Any reason why?
    It is supposed to go to default mode always when mode is closed, but it might be better for it to go to last active mode if it's triggers allows it. I'll add this feature at some point first I will finish the location trigger.

What do you mean that sometimes? It does not go to default mode when mode is closed every time or what do you mean. It should not be able to do anything else when mode is closed than to go to default mode.
  6.    #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Sonix this app is getting better and better, has location trigger been addded yet?
    Thanks, I'll try my best. I just wish the first version would be ready soon so I can start integrate all new features that I have in mind And I haven't had time to work on the location trigger, but I have reserved this upcoming weekend for it so hopefully it is ready on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It is supposed to go to default mode always when mode is closed, but it might be better for it to go to last active mode if it's triggers allows it. I'll add this feature at some point first I will finish the location trigger.

What do you mean that sometimes? It does not go to default mode when mode is closed every time or what do you mean. It should not be able to do anything else when mode is closed than to go to default mode.
    Oh sometimes I ment because with the trigger it go back to the last mode. But if you working on it later than I can wait...
  8.    #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Oh sometimes I ment because with the trigger it go back to the last mode. But if you working on it later than I can wait...
    Yes that is true I already forgot that feature that when multiple modes with trigger are active it knows to active the last one and ask from user which to active etc. The fine tuning of the mode selection most likely happens after first stable release. The things that I still want to happen before first release that goes to the official Preware feed are:

- Location trigger (basic support using GPS)
    - Fine tuning the application starting / closing + starting application on reboot
    - System preferences based default mode

After those I will put the app in official feed and start releasing new feature releases through my feed. At least some of those new features that I want to add rather soon are: More advanced location trigger, battery level trigger, phone orientation trigger (for instance if you turn phone face facing desk it could act as trigger), headset connection, bluetooth/wifi connection trigger, Mode trigger (when specific mode gets close another could be set to start), active time trigger (for instance you could set mode to be active for certain time). I haven't thought through if all of these are doable, but at least I would like to experiment with these things. To allow following situations:

- headphone trigger to activate music playing when you go out to jog.
    - phone face down to set phone to silent
    - active time to set mode close after an hour of playing music in sleep mode for example.
    - mode closing trigger to be able to chain modes for example moving from sleep mode to night mode
    - low battery to deactivate everything not so necessery

Just some ideas that I would like to use the MS on.
    All the features sounds good to me. I hope your able to get most of them in MS. I can't wait to test all them out. oh you forgot separate screen and keyboard brightness
    My screen turned off last night on the TS like it was supposed to in Bedside Mode. Everything that I use is working perfectly!
    great app love this
    [FONT="Garamond"]Dam1 J1sFONT]
  12.    #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    My screen turned off last night on the TS like it was supposed to in Bedside Mode. Everything that I use is working perfectly!
    Good to know. Maybe I now get to focus on the location trigger since most of the current features should be working
    When the location trigger is working I'm sending you $20. I'm poor but you deserve it.
    Got it! I was looking in the USB directory.

The left menu should work, if you press mode it opens the drawer with option to start the mode. If it is not working then I guess there has to be something different in Pre+. And the Unknown mode is shown when activating mode by launcher icon and the mode is deleted. The launcher icon can be deleted as other launcher icons by pressing the icon while keeping finger on gesture area.
    There must be something different about the pre+. I can pull down the menu and select the mode name. I see it change color, but then it just sits there and eventually unselects by itself. The mode does not get turned on.
    As far as launcher icon being deleted (obviously not just a mode switcher issue), I'm still not exactly sure what to do. I can hold my finger on the icon, all I see happen is it gets illuminated. Holding an additional finger in the gesture area doesn't appear to do anything different. Then what do I do? I tried throwing it off the top/bottom/side, but the danged icon stays there. Pre+ specific behavior again?

I hope these instructions help you. And for my knowledge the software should be pretty much the same in Pre and Pre+ so /media should exist as it does on your phone since it is the normal Linux directory and therefore would be odd if changed in Pre+. And also the patches should work in Pre+, but if really nothing happens when pressing the modes in the left side mode menu then I guess there has to be some differences.
    It does -- thanks a lot! (by the way the /media directory is there in the pre+)
    Just read in another thread, to delete a launcher icon, press the option key at the same time as the non-desired icon, then a pop up window comes up to confirm deletion...
  17.    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Just read in another thread, to delete a launcher icon, press the option key at the same time as the non-desired icon, then a pop up window comes up to confirm deletion...
    Yes, sorry the gesture+tap was a patch just did not remember the original way. About the menu problem. So you can see the modes in the menu but when you click the mode you don't get a text below the mode name saying switch to this mode? Since it should be normal drawer widget so if it is not working it is weird.

EDIT: could you try to set airplane mode on and then off again. Since I looked into the code and I have set to ignore the click if AP mode is on. And to set it on and off at least should reset the state flag if that is the fault. And to make sure that you have 1.3.5-4 versions of features and modemenu patches installed?
    Last edited by sconix; 02/26/2010 at 02:45 AM.
    *to follow*
  19.    #459  
    There is still one more bug concerning the turn off / always on feature although it only is visible with the always on. So the screen may be left on even when you remove the phone from the charger. I will provide updated patches maybe already today or at least tomorrow.
    Last night Bedside Mode didn't kick in when I put it on the charger. Only thing different about last night was that I put it on the TS after midnight instead of at it's usual 10:30pm or so. The screen didn't turn off so it might have been that I didn't have it seated well on the TS. I tried it two or three times and it seemed to be charging okay so I just manually selected Bedside Mode and went on to bed. I guess if you manually enter a mode it doesn't come out of that mode automatically either? I had to manually remove it from Bedside Mode this morning. I'll try it again to night and see what happens.