View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 22 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272122 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 3326
  1. #421  
    Sconix I'm still trying to figure out how to launch a specfic website for when I want to start a app with a mode. I still don't understand launch parameters and what is needed for it work.
    --Marvin
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Sconix I'm still trying to figure out how to launch a specfic website for when I want to start a app with a mode. I still don't understand launch parameters and what is needed for it work.
    By looking the browser app code you need to set target launch parameter. So to start e.g. example.com you would set following into the launch parameters box of the web browser (it might need http:// in the front not sure):
    target: example.com

    But it wont work now I just tested and it seems that the MS mode configuration don't save the launch parameters for the applications. Will fix this tonight and release 0.9.2.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/24/2010 at 07:05 AM.
  3. #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The screen turn off feature is actually completely separate from the charger trigger etc. It only depends that the configuration on the mode. For me it is still working like a charm, but I guess that there still has to be something wrong in the patch. I'll go it through once more. Just a question does the screen turn off when you press the power button? So is it only after the timeout when it does not.
    No, when I press the power button it goes to the lock screen. I thought maybe deleting the mode and recreating it would have fixed it but it didn't make any difference. I know it's a stretch but the only difference between Work Mode and Bedside Mode is that Bedside Mode uses a time and a charger trigger. I'm setting my Work Mode to end at 0800 and my Bedside Mode to start at 0800 and removing the charging trigger from Bedside Mode to see if the TS turns off like it should. I'll report back momentarily.

    ***With no charging triggers in Bedside Mode the screen goes off on the TS. I did have a TS charging trigger and a wall charging trigger in Bedside Mode originally.**
    Last edited by cdbillups; 02/24/2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Updating information
  4.    #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    No, when I press the power button it goes to the lock screen. I thought maybe deleting the mode and recreating it would have fixed it but it didn't make any difference. I know it's a stretch but the only difference between Work Mode and Bedside Mode is that Bedside Mode uses a time and a charger trigger. I'm setting my Work Mode to end at 0800 and my Bedside Mode to start at 0800 and removing the charging trigger from Bedside Mode to see if the TS turns off like it should. I'll report back momentarily.

    ***With no charging triggers in Bedside Mode the screen goes off on the TS. I did have a TS charging trigger and a wall charging trigger in Bedside Mode originally.**
    Thanks for the info. I figured one possible cause for this and will try to change this in todays release.
  5. #425  
    Not sure if this was not discussed before. I havent been able to folow the thread for two or three days.. but.. I have the latest version of MS and still have my two modes enabled. the default and the TS which sets some preferences when on TS. And I have found some strange thing. When I receive a call on the TS (and on ts mode) I pick up the phone, I hear the caller.. I have about three seconds before the device starts switching the mode back to default.. and in the process it always drops the call... :-(
  6.    #426  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    Not sure if this was not discussed before. I havent been able to folow the thread for two or three days.. but.. I have the latest version of MS and still have my two modes enabled. the default and the TS which sets some preferences when on TS. And I have found some strange thing. When I receive a call on the TS (and on ts mode) I pick up the phone, I hear the caller.. I have about three seconds before the device starts switching the mode back to default.. and in the process it always drops the call... :-(
    This is actually a known problem and the same that somebody mentioned that when he received a text message the mode starting was canceled. The latter should be now fixed in MS. I had not though the situation you described, but I am pretty sure that it is the same thing. Phone calls is on and when MS executes system request the call is dropped because of that.

    I have actually hoped that 1.4 would fix this since I am pretty sure this is some kind of bug in Mojo since it just does not make sense that there may be only one system request at a time in a multitasking environment. If this is not fixed in a 1.4 then I will do something about this problem. First I have to test if it is a some specific system request that does this. I am pretty sure it is only one of those system request maybe the GPS or WIFI request which have some other bugs also. If it is some specific buggy call then I just go around that one somehow or drop support for that config option until it gets fixed. If it is some stupid limitation of Mojo then not sure what to do. At least I could detect if call is on and drop mode switching for that time, but not totally happy with that choice. But before trying different solutions I want to see if 1.4 brings something new to this problem, but thanks to you I at least now have a test case that is easy to produce.
  7.    #427  
    New release of the app (0.9.2). This has the application parameters bug fixed. So now it saves the parameters also and actually uses them when launching an app. For example if you want to start browser with an url then type the following into the parameters field.

    target: 'http://www.google.com'

    I am still working to fix the bug concerning the turn off feature in features patch and will release new set of patches once that is fixed.
  8. #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This is actually a known problem and the same that somebody mentioned that when he received a text message the mode starting was canceled. The latter should be now fixed in MS. I had not though the situation you described, but I am pretty sure that it is the same thing. Phone calls is on and when MS executes system request the call is dropped because of that.

    I have actually hoped that 1.4 would fix this since I am pretty sure this is some kind of bug in Mojo since it just does not make sense that there may be only one system request at a time in a multitasking environment. If this is not fixed in a 1.4 then I will do something about this problem. First I have to test if it is a some specific system request that does this. I am pretty sure it is only one of those system request maybe the GPS or WIFI request which have some other bugs also. If it is some specific buggy call then I just go around that one somehow or drop support for that config option until it gets fixed. If it is some stupid limitation of Mojo then not sure what to do. At least I could detect if call is on and drop mode switching for that time, but not totally happy with that choice. But before trying different solutions I want to see if 1.4 brings something new to this problem, but thanks to you I at least now have a test case that is easy to produce.
    and to let you know.. the same behaviour is with the wifi connection....

    lets hope 1.4 really fixes it.. and that it comes soon :-)
  9.    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    and to let you know.. the same behaviour is with the wifi connection....

    lets hope 1.4 really fixes it.. and that it comes soon :-)
    Good to know that I was right And I too hope that 1.4 fixes this and couple other bugs I have found, but still my opinion is that WebOS is pretty solid considering how new it is and by far my favorite platform so far. For example I have had very little miss behaving on my phone compared to previous phones that I have owned and they have had years to fix their platform and still they were much buggier that WebOS.
  10. #430  
    So I updated to 0.9.2 now something not working right.. I just had a test mode go off and in the notification area it says it's switched the mode. All the settings I had worked and switch but the 4 applications I set to open only 2 open. When I have 1 app set to open it don't even open at all. So I couldn't even test the parameters.
  11.    #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    So I updated to 0.9.2 now something not working right.. I just had a test mode go off and in the notification area it says it's switched the mode. All the settings I had worked and switch but the 4 applications I set to open only 2 open. When I have 1 app set to open it don't even open at all. So I couldn't even test the parameters.
    Did you tried to restart the Luna or phone after update. Since sometimes it seems that the MS stays in background for a while preventing those new files to be loaded. At least for me it is working with many apps or just one. I know that some times it can happen that app won't open. Currently I just ask Mojo to launch the app once and don't check if it was successful or not. In next version I plan to add this check and if launching fails then try it again couple of times before leaving the app not launched.

    EDIT: it actually seems that the more there is "heavier" apps to be launched those launch request are not carried out. I try to add this relaunch feature tomorrow which should make the apps open much more reliably.
  12. #432  
    Alright I just did a luna restart and a restart (that's why it took me so long) and that didn't fix it. Had it set for two apps this time..Calculator and Email. And only calculator launch. I'll might have to delete my modes and start over
  13.    #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    So I updated to 0.9.2 now something not working right.. I just had a test mode go off and in the notification area it says it's switched the mode. All the settings I had worked and switch but the 4 applications I set to open only 2 open. When I have 1 app set to open it don't even open at all. So I couldn't even test the parameters.
    Actually I had time now so there is now 0.9.3 version available. Try that it should now have much more reliable way of launching those applications.
  14.    #434  
    New release of patch set (1.3.5-4). This should fix the problems with display when not using turn off and when using the turn off feature. Those that had problems please test and report back. There is also the 0.9.3 version of the application that should fix the application startup problems.

    Now I am off to sleep since early wake (at 5:00) up tomorrow to watch how Finland loses another game of Ice Hockey If any problems are reported then I will get back to those tomorrow.
  15. #435  
    To get your hands on the beta release unzip the e-lnx-wee.conf.zip included in this post and copy the unpacked file in /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/ directory on your Pre.
    Is this a file structure that needs to be created? There is no /media directory in my Pre Plus.
  16.    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Is this a file structure that needs to be created? There is no /media directory in my Pre Plus.
    Don't know about Pre Plus, but the directory should exist. I would say that /media should exist on Plus too at least it would be odd if it would not be there.
  17. #437  
    Quick question... Are the patches Auto patch compatible or do they need to be removed before the 1.4 update?
  18. #438  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Don't know about Pre Plus, but the directory should exist. I would say that /media should exist on Plus too at least it would be odd if it would not be there.
    Did not exist on my pre+. I created a media directory when I loaded a couple of books to try out pReader, but there is nothing like the structure you describe in any other directory.
  19. #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Did not exist on my pre+. I created a media directory when I loaded a couple of books to try out pReader, but there is nothing like the structure you describe in any other directory.
    I see /media on my pre+ (using Internalz).

    Excuse me for asking (an owner of pre+ for 2 days, and haven't gone through the 22 pages of the forum topic) another set of questions--I'm confused on the meaning of how the modes are triggered and released ie -- what to the auto start and auto close options each mean, what does behavior and its options mean (under triggers), -- is there any documentation (I know...its 0.9xx homebrew)?

    2 more things -- I tried one of the new top bar menu patches, where you tap in the upper left corner and a menu comes down with the modes. Tapping on the mode didn't do anything, didn't turn the mode "on" or change the connections that should have for the mode I set up (so I removed the patch).
    Lastly, somehow, I created a launcher short cut for an "unknown mode". How do you remove that (and for that matter, even on that is a functional mode)?

    I think this is a great app and one that has the potential to be competitive with a winmo app that I previously had phweaver.

    Jordan
  20.    #440  
    Quote Originally Posted by travistyofjustice View Post
    Quick question... Are the patches Auto patch compatible or do they need to be removed before the 1.4 update?
    I haven't look into what is needed for Auto Patch compatibility, but when I updated the patch packages I copied the latest postinst/prerm scripts for the packages so if that is all that is needed then yes.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions