32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 21 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    ... Will there be a way to rename the default mode or to keep it as the carrier name? That default mode name just doesn't look right IMO. ...
    I think the renaming possibility would just add code and not be so useful. But I have thought that maybe on default mode there should be no text shown in the left corner so it would just show carrier. Or then just make it configurable that should the name be shown or now. I might handle this somehow in tonight releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I think the renaming possibility would just add code and not be so useful. But I have thought that maybe on default mode there should be no text shown in the left corner so it would just show carrier. Or then just make it configurable that should the name be shown or now. I might handle this somehow in tonight releases.
    I think that would be a good workable solution. Do you when you will be incorporating the location trigger?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    New release and new distribution method. There's only one update in the app, now the custom days are hidden if no custom selected from days selector. More importantly this release is about new distribution method. No more WQI needed. Packages and patches installable from Preware. Just copy the 'e-lnx-wee.conf' file into /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/ directory on your pre and you'll see Mode Switcher packages in Preware (App under System Utilities and patches under Top Bar).

Uninstall your old version of the app and possible MS patches through WQI first.

Currently only the app is available (0.8.5) from this feed. I will add the new version of patches when I get them tested later today. I still make new posts when ever new versions available, but won't be adding the files in the post anymore.
    I unzipped the CONF file then connected the Pre to computer via USB and discovered that /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/ path did not exist. My question does this path live inside of WebOs where I would need to root the device to move this file into that directory?
  4.    #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg View Post
    I unzipped the CONF file then connected the Pre to computer via USB and discovered that /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/ path did not exist. My question does this path live inside of WebOs where I would need to root the device to move this file into that directory?
    You can use WQI to send the file into that path on the device. WQI has send file option in the menus.
  5.    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I think that would be a good workable solution. Do you when you will be incorporating the location trigger?
    Once I get these patches finished today I will get back to the location trigger, but since my time is kinda limited during the week it is most likely this weekend when you can expect to see at least test release of the location trigger.
    Maybe nothing; might be just me. I have my Bedside Mode to turn off when on the TS. I have my Work Mode set to go to the lock screen. Last night it still didn't turn off when on the TS. This morning when I got to work I changed my Work Mode to shut off instead of go to lock screen and it worked fine. Changed it back to Lock Screen in Work Mode and it's worked fine all day. Just for kicks, I changed my Bedside Mode to Lock Screen, exited, then came back in and set it back to Turn Off. We'll see what happens tonight.
  7.    #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Maybe nothing; might be just me. I have my Bedside Mode to turn off when on the TS. I have my Work Mode set to go to the lock screen. Last night it still didn't turn off when on the TS. This morning when I got to work I changed my Work Mode to shut off instead of go to lock screen and it worked fine. Changed it back to Lock Screen in Work Mode and it's worked fine all day. Just for kicks, I changed my Bedside Mode to Lock Screen, exited, then came back in and set it back to Turn Off. We'll see what happens tonight.
    There at least was bug some time ago that the while charging option was not saved properly. So it is possible that now when you switched it away and back it works.
  8.    #408  
    New release of the app (0.9.1) and the patches (1.3.5-3). The new app release is needed for the menu state display in mode menu to work. So now when default mode is on the carrier is shown, but for every custom mode the mode name. And now all the 5 patches are available. Just remember that for now you need to manually uninstall the old patches since updating does not work for patches with dependencies. And the order for uninstalling the patches is: devicemenu, todaymenu, modemenu, appmenu, features. Preware will not allow you to uninstall them in wrong order, but just to save you the trouble. Of course if you only have features patch you can auto update it just fine. And when installing the patches back you can just install the one you want and Preware will install the dependencies.

Hopefully this is last patch release before 1.4 WebOS.
    What about updating the app? Do we have to remove all of our modes and MS and then download the new version of MS or can we just update it through Preware?
  10.    #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    What about updating the app? Do we have to remove all of our modes and MS and then download the new version of MS or can we just update it through Preware?
    The MS app can be normally updated and no need to remove modes. The patches are exception since Preware does not support dependencies in update process yet. So it just fails when trying and therefore you have to manually handle the patches.
    Also,everytime I disconnect my phone from the charger WHILE the screen is off, the screen turns back on again and freezes. I press the power button and it goes to the lock screen. When I screen turns on again and freezes, the phone believes the screen is off; this is proven cause the LED pulsates during the "frozen" screen.

But I'm not sure if this is cause by MS or the patches OR by the new overclocking patch.
  12.    #412  
    Also,everytime I disconnect my phone from the charger WHILE the screen is off, the screen turns back on again and freezes. I press the power button and it goes to the lock screen. When I screen turns on again and freezes, the phone believes the screen is off; this is proven cause the LED pulsates during the "frozen" screen.

But I'm not sure if this is cause by MS or the patches OR by the new overclocking patch.
    The older patch at least had a problem with sometimes leaving the touchscreen off. And I had to press power button couple times (lock/unlock screen) until it realized to put the touchscreen back on. I haven't had this with the new patches (I added fixes concerning this into 1.3.5-1 if I remember correctly). I have to try the scenario that you described to see could there still be something wrong with the way I turn the display back on.
    Bedside Mode still doesn't turn off the screen when on the TS. The only difference is that Work Mode only has a time trigger and Bedside Mode has a time and a charger trigger. I even deleted the mode and recreated it with a new name. Could it be related to the charger trigger?
    Well I just pinpointed that the bug is caused by the features patch. I'm pretty sure that anyone can re-enact the bug:

Plug phone to charger
    Close phone slider
    Turn of screen
    Disconnect from power
    Frozen screen shows
    Press power button to show lock screen
    Last edited by gollyzila; 02/24/2010 at 02:50 AM.
  15.    #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Bedside Mode still doesn't turn off the screen when on the TS. The only difference is that Work Mode only has a time trigger and Bedside Mode has a time and a charger trigger. I even deleted the mode and recreated it with a new name. Could it be related to the charger trigger?
    The screen turn off feature is actually completely separate from the charger trigger etc. It only depends that the configuration on the mode. For me it is still working like a charm, but I guess that there still has to be something wrong in the patch. I'll go it through once more. Just a question does the screen turn off when you press the power button? So is it only after the timeout when it does not.
  16.    #416  
    Well I just pinpointed that the bug is caused by the features patch. I'm pretty sure that anyone can re-enact the bug:

Plug phone to charger
    Close phone
    Turn of screen
    Disconnect from power
    Frozen screen shows
    Press power button to show lock screen
    I tested this scenario and I could not get any kind of locking to happen. And what makes this more weird is that for cdbillups the turn of feature is not working at all. So I guess I have to do some extensive testing and code reading tonight for the features patch. About this your scenario, what does the step close phone mean?
    And was it that you have screen set to turn off in the mode thats active when this happens?
    Close phone meaning close the slider. I was in default mode and I have the scree set to turn off after one minute. I have never used a touchstone aswell
  18.    #418  
    Close phone meaning close the slider. I was in default mode and I have the scree set to turn off after one minute. I have never used a touchstone aswell
    I see then I did not test your case. One more clarifying question. So you had default mode on and screen turn off after timeout, but what was the while charging setting? Or does the turn off after timeout in this case mean that it is set to turn off?
    In the app Screen and Lock, I have the screen set to turn off after 1 minute. In Mode Switcher, I have the On Charger Behaviour set to Lock Screen.
  20.    #420  
    In the app Screen and Lock, I have the screen set to turn off after 1 minute. In Mode Switcher, I have the On Charger Behaviour set to Lock Screen.
    OK I see why this is happening. I have forgotten to put a check for disabling turn off/always on that where they actually set. So everytime you disconnect charger the always on/turn off state is being reset even though it was never set and it seems that this can interfere in some situations with the screen. I'll modify this tonight and release new set of patches and for the same release I try to find a reason and fix it why turn off is not working for cdbillups.