32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 20 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I guess I can try the date+time patch and see if I can get used to that. But I'm sure some people would be thankful for a patch that works in harmony with the date as carrier patch.
    I just think it is more beneficial to see the current mode (state) of the phone than current day. Since you can see the date from device menu (if not removed by patch) or from today menu if that patch is installed. Of course I have to address this some how if many users really want to use the date as carrier string.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I just think it is more beneficial to see the current mode (state) of the phone than current day. Since you can see the date from device menu (if not removed by patch) or from today menu if that patch is installed. Of course I have to address this some how if many users really want to use the date as carrier string.
    Maybe you can add a poll?
  3.    #383  
    Maybe you can add a poll?
    Maybe later if wanted. At least it would be nice if people try this way before making decisions. At least I would figure that many want the mode menu patch for manual switching of modes too and at least that patch has to take control the carrier area. I could move the carrier part from the features patch to the mode menu patch, but I just thought that the "package" would be more completed with the features patch if the current mode is somehow visible for the user.
    Bummer for me...The feature patch via Preware will not install.

Here's where it fails:
    Code:
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 45.
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 64 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #4 FAILED at 88.
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 420 (offset 33 lines).
    2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    I don't use the carrier string as date patch, but I do have a personal patch that modifies the text and app wrapper sizes to make room for a larger date & time...No worries though.

My apologies I had a hard time sort through all the different posts...What features am I going to be missing without the patch?

Since the program is running in the background when activated (correct?), perhaps an option to have it displayed in the notification area without an open card which would create a way to see the current mode and open the app to change it would be good, making the majority of the patches more optional.

In any case, this app coming all quite well...Thanks for your ongoing efforts!

5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    My apologies I had a hard time sort through all the different posts...What features am I going to be missing without the patch?

Since the program is running in the background when activated (correct?), perhaps an option to have it displayed in the notification area without an open card which would create a way to see the current mode and open the app to change it would be good, making the majority of the patches more optional.

In any case, this app coming all quite well...Thanks for your ongoing efforts!

The features patch adds the charger trigger support and support for always in / turn off screen while charging. It also starts default or previously active mode in phone startup and displays the current mode in the left upper corner. So you most likely want it. Since you are using personal patch maybe you could modify it so that it installs with this patch. Like redefining the wanted classes in the end of the systemui.css so it would install with the patch and without etc. When making patches for the upcoming 1.4 release of WebOS I try to see if I can exercise the same ideology on my patches so modifications on systemui.css would conflict less easily.

And the program does not run in the background. That's why the patch is "mandatory". And I really don't want to convert the program to have dashboard mode etc. to be able to run on background because I don't want anything to clutter the normal view all the time. That is the reason why I chose this patch method + this makes the app more integrated with WebOS and there is no need to run one extra application on background.
    just noticed that all the App Menus and "expand" and "shrink" menus are wide as the phone's width. I personally think this is weird and it takes longer the menus to open. Is there any way you can change it back to the way it was?
  7.    #387  
    just noticed that all the App Menus and "expand" and "shrink" menus are wide as the phone's width. I personally think this is weird and it takes longer the menus to open. Is there any way you can change it back to the way it was?
    Well the reason for this was that this way the patch is much more smaller. If I add specific style for the menus it makes the patch much bigger. So it was much easier just to remove the special style that makes the menu to be on the right side of the screen. Personally I don't even get why it should not be full wide since every other widget is (other menus selectors etc) so why the top bar menus have variating width. For me the constantly changing width of menus looks ugly and feels weird. Although the patch does not include the separator width changes that mine theme does which makes the menu look little bit weird and I plan to add this change to part of the patch so it looks much better.

But since only the today menu really needs this not the mode menu I could move this part of the patch into the app menu patch. And maybe while I am it I move the carrier string part from features menu to the mode menu patch. This should give little bit more options. I release new versions tonight.

At least speed vice this full width does not have any effect for me if it's full width or not. It actually have less style information when it is in full width so it should be faster. The mode menu is a bit slower than other menus from different reasons.
    Hey Sconix, loaded the 0.9.0 last night and the "features" patch. My Pre didn't turn the screen off last night on the touchstone. I double checked the settings and I have it set to turn off. Everything else worked fine as far as I could tell.
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Bummer for me...The feature patch via Preware will not install. .
    Tonight new version of that patch don't anymore edit the systemui.css so it should install for you too, just letting you know.
  10.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Hey Sconix, loaded the 0.9.0 last night and the "features" patch. My Pre didn't turn the screen off last night on the touchstone. I double checked the settings and I have it set to turn off. Everything else worked fine as far as I could tell.
    Thanks, don't know why it worked for me since I found a typo concerning that feature. Should be fixed in tonight release.
  11.    #391  
    New releases of features / modemenu patches (1.3.5-2). I was very busy today so no other patches. If no complaints this time then I release those other patches tomorrow

Changes:

- Features patch now install with date as carrier patch and does not show current mode anymore. Also it does not modify systemui.css anymore so should also be compatible with font size changing patches. Also bug regarding turn off screen feature not working should be now fixed.

- Mode menu patch no more sets menus to full width.

The remaining patches that come tomorrow are now / will be as follows:

- App menu patch will change application menu to be full width, but modifies the menu theme so that it still looks ok (other menus stays as they are, this is needed for today menu to work properly).

- Today menu patch adds today menu to the clock time in the center of the top bar. It display the current date + week number and calendar events for that day. There is also a menu item to toggle showing events from tomorrow. Clicking events opens the calendar and if possible it opens the event details.

- Device menu patch will remove airplane mode and date text from device menu and adds gps and data controls.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/22/2010 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    And the program does not run in the background. That's why the patch is "mandatory". And I really don't want to convert the program to have dashboard mode etc. to be able to run on background because I don't want anything to clutter the normal view all the time. That is the reason why I chose this patch method + this makes the app more integrated with WebOS and there is no need to run one extra application on background.
    Duh...I should have been able to figure that one out, at least by using JsTop. I was up far too late for my time zone...What you have is great!

Also, I the new patches are very much appreciated!!!

I have continued to watch the progress of this app, although I have not had the time to explore the newest versions. Now I have a problem with picture messaging and I need to try to sort that out and see if it is related to some other patch I have installed. If I end up doctoring my pre I may just wait until webOS 1.4 is released before I start patching again.

I had some font issues with the last feature patch that I tried, but it sounds like you have taken care of those issues and this new version should work for me when I get around to trying it again. I still look forward to the app version that has an option to not store a default mode. For my light use, I believe that will suit me best.

Thanks again, sconix, and keep up the good work. I look forward to experimenting again in a few days.
  14.    #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    ... I still look forward to the app version that has an option to not store a default mode. For my light use, I believe that will suit me best.

Thanks again, sconix, and keep up the good work. I look forward to experimenting again in a few days.
    Thanks, I'll try to squeeze the no default mode feature into the first stable release so rather soon, but I think after I get these patches finished I will address the location trigger. Since I think many are waiting for that. After that I add the no default mode feature in as it should not be a big task and then roll out the 1.0 release.
    Today I tested my School Mode which only had the time trigger, and there was no battery drain!! Tomoorow I will test with time trigger and connection settings.
    I just installed both of the patches for the first time together and wow I didn't even know that the top left side could even be touch and drop down from the home screen. Now its make me wonder could other patches be made for that side of the screen. If its possible but it still Awesome!
    --Marvin
    You have really made some major progress with this. Will there be a way to rename the default mode or to keep it as the carrier name? That default mode name just doesn't look right IMO. I also notice my time is missing the last number.

Edit: When I uninstalled both patches the last digit of my time came back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    when i tried to unzipped the folder i get the following: the compressed(zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted. whatamidoingwrong??
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You have really made some major progress with this. Will there be a way to rename the default mode or to keep it as the carrier name? That default mode name just doesn't look right IMO. I also notice my time is missing the last number.

Edit: When I uninstalled both patches the last digit of my time came back.
    The patches will make the date part little bit narrower. I will change it to be bit differently tonight release of the patches so hopefully then you get the last digit too.
  20.    #400  
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphy View Post
    when i tried to unzipped the folder i get the following: the compressed(zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted. whatamidoingwrong??
    If you mean the Preware configuration file then there has to be something wrong with your download. You can try to get it from: http://www.e-lnx.org/e-lnx-wee.conf.zip