View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 19 of 167 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 3326
  1. #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So it seems that it only eats battery when the school mode is active. Can you do one more test. Remove all the configuration from school mode (so that they are taken from default mode). If it still eats the battery on school mode then the bug has to be in the moving of the start timer (it gets somehow moved into past and keeps firing all the time). If it does not eat the battery then the bug is in the configuration option changing code. And if it still eats battery after removing those settings you could try to change the starting/closing method of the mode and remove any apps if any on that mode and see if it has any effect. The closer you can identify the problem the easier it is for me to find and fix it.
    Okay so I only put a timer trigger on School Mode, no other configurations. At 9:32 I had 98% and after some lite browser use, at 10:30 I had 86% percent. To me that was expected since I was on the Internet. This next half hour I'm only going to put a time trigger and Connection configurations, and I'm not going to use my phone. I'm going to turn off wifi, bluetooth, and gps, and turn on data and phone.
  2. #362  
    10:40---84%
    11:10---83%

    I'm going to add on the Messaging settings.
  3.    #363  
    New release (0.9.0) available through my custom Preware feed. Also first version of the features patch now available. It is recommended that you install the patch to get all the features. Please remember remove any old version before moving to these new Preware releases! Other patches will follow today or tomorrow.

    New in this release:

    - bug concerning screen mode while charging setting not saved fixed
    - fixes to always on / turn off screen feature
    - now MS should start even if no existing configuration exists
    - charger trigger is now checked on the startup also
    - mode startup should not get interrupted anymore
    - small fixes to notifications
    - fixes to the mode reloading / activation on startup and leaving of config app

    Couple TODO items still exist for the first stable release:

    - fix bugs
    - location trigger
    - add application configuration to default mode
    * handle application starting on startup with all modes
    * allow setting of starting apps only on startup for default mode
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Okay so I only put a timer trigger on School Mode, no other configurations. At 9:32 I had 98% and after some lite browser use, at 10:30 I had 86% percent. To me that was expected since I was on the Internet. This next half hour I'm only going to put a time trigger and Connection configurations, and I'm not going to use my phone. I'm going to turn off wifi, bluetooth, and gps, and turn on data and phone.
    That sounds good. Since I really don't think that the 0.9.0 release will fix your problem so we need to find the cause for the drainage so I can fix it.
  5. #365  
    11:20---82%
    11:50---80%

    now I'm going to test with connection, messaging, and ringer settings.
  6.    #366  
    New patch available. The mode menu patch is now available in my custom Preware feed. It depends to the features patch, but Preware should automatically suggest it to be installed. I tested that the features and this modemenu patch will install with every other top bar patch, but the date as carrier string which does not make sense to be installed anyway with the MS patches. More patches to follow tomorrow. Have to catch some sleep now since early wakeup to watch Finland vs Sweden ice hockey match tomorrow.

    Please remember that until Preware support updates for patches with dependencies if you want to update featrures patch then you have to remove the modemenu patch first. I hope they add support for update routing soon, but hopefully there is no need to update the patches.
  7. #367  
    I just finished testing School Mode, adding a new configuration every half hour. The only significant battery drain I noticed was during just the time trigger (but I was using the internet) and when I added the sounds setting (Ringer-0, System-0, Media-0).

    Just Time Trigger:
    9:32---98%
    10:30---86%

    All Settings Including Sound Settings:
    1:34---79%
    2:00---75%

    I'm going to test the time trigger and just the muted sounds for half an hour. I have a feeling that maybe it's the specific time that I set the time trigger that causes the battery drain. I set it from 7:25 AM to 2:50 PM. Do you think MS gets confused when it goes from AM to PM at 12 noon?
  8.    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I just finished testing School Mode, adding a new configuration every half hour. The only significant battery drain I noticed was during just the time trigger (but I was using the internet) and when I added the sounds setting (Ringer-0, System-0, Media-0). ..... Do you think MS gets confused when it goes from AM to PM at 12 noon?
    After what you said it seems more and more that the fault has to lay somewhere in the time trigger. But still hard to say for sure. It would be great if you manage to narrow down it to the specific time then it would make my testing much faster. And I guess it is possible that it gets confused about AM/PM, but I kinda doubt it. Since I would trust that Javascript date object knows how to handle the date since I am pretty much only doing < / > / == comparisons for the date objects. But if it happens that is the fault it would be somehow logical since I am using 24 hour clock etc, so just maybe it could be. If you could get the draining happen with none settings in the mode in certain time it would narrow it down to that, and after that it could be possible to test different time and see what in earth can cause this Now I go to sleep so get back to me tomorrow what have you found.
  9. #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    After what you said it seems more and more that the fault has to lay somewhere in the time trigger. But still hard to say for sure. It would be great if you manage to narrow down it to the specific time then it would make my testing much faster. And I guess it is possible that it gets confused about AM/PM, but I kinda doubt it. Since I would trust that Javascript date object knows how to handle the date since I am pretty much only doing < / > / == comparisons for the date objects. But if it happens that is the fault it would be somehow logical since I am using 24 hour clock etc, so just maybe it could be. If you could get the draining happen with none settings in the mode in certain time it would narrow it down to that, and after that it could be possible to test different time and see what in earth can cause this Now I go to sleep so get back to me tomorrow what have you found.
    Okay. Today I'm going to just have the time trigger on the mode and no settings and I will have it trigger for 7 hours and 25 minutes (3:25PM till 10:50) and I'll see how it goes. Tomorrow I will have no settings in the mode but I will have it trigger at 7:25 AM to 2:50 PM. I'll just use the Ringer Switch on my phone to mute it. If there is no significant battery drain today and there is tomorrow, then the problem is the time trigger set before and after 12 o'clock noon.
  10. #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Do you have diffstat installed? It is listed as patch depency I don't know why it still lets to try to install it if it is not installed. And what patch fails? The feature patch?
    Sorry for the delay in responding. Diffstat is installed and yes it's the feature patch that's giving me a problem.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
  11. #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I wasnt able to install the patches at first either.. but I deleted my theme and deleted all my patches and then ran EPR and everything works fine!
    I've done this procedure twice now and unfortunately still not work. I'll make an appointment with the doctor and then try again. It's really that important to get this working again!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
  12. #372  
    I just tried installing the features patch from the feed and i get this error

    Code:
    ******* Patch Log Created by postinst Sun Feb 21 23:16:09 PST 2010 ************
    
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Sun Feb 21 23:16:09 PST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-mode-switcher-features/topbar-modeswitcher-features.patch
    
    ----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    ----------------------------------
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    $Hunk$ #$6$ $FAILED$ $at$ $566$.
    $Hunk$ #$8$ $FAILED$ $at$ $928$.
    $Hunk$ #$9$ $succeeded$ $at$ $1750$ $with$ $fuzz$ $2$ ($offset$ $64$ $lines$).
    $Hunk$ #$10$ $succeeded$ $at$ $1792$ $with$ $fuzz$ $2$ ($offset$ $77$ $lines$).
    $Hunk$ #$11$ $succeeded$ $at$ $1881$ ($offset$ $87$ $lines$).
    $Hunk$ #$12$ $succeeded$ $at$ $2757$ ($offset$ $90$ $lines$).
    $Hunk$ #$13$ $succeeded$ $at$ $4553$ ($offset$ $144$ $lines$).
    $2$ $out$ $of$ $13$ $hunks$ $FAILED$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$devicemenu$.$css$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$
    $Hunk$ #$5$ $succeeded$ $at$ $419$ ($offset$ $32$ $lines$).
    
    ----------------------------------
    $dry$ $run$ $failed$, $checking$ $if$ -$R$ $would$ $succeed$
    ----------------------------------
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$!  $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$] 
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $13$ $out$ $of$ $13$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$devicemenu$.$css$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$!  $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$] 
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$devicemenu$.$css$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$!  $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$] 
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $5$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$stylesheets$/$systemui$.$css$.$rej$
    
    ----------------------------------
    $Installation$ $FAILED$!
    ----------------------------------
    $2$ $out$ $of$ $13$ $hunks$ $FAILED$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $ls$ -$R$ /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$e$-$lnx$.$wee$.$patches$.$top$-$bar$-$mode$-$switcher$-$features$
    /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$e$-$lnx$.$wee$.$patches$.$top$-$bar$-$mode$-$switcher$-$features$:
    $topbar$-$modeswitcher$-$features$.$patch$
    *** $FAILED$ ***
    Also when I ran Emergency File Verification, two of your previous patches come up, but I had already uninstalled them. After some talk in the IRC, I found out that it's not good to install patches as .ipk
    Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Emergency File Verification Sun Feb 21 23:17:40 PST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled in order to maintain correct handling of auto-update and OTA compatibility:
    	Package: org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-enable-add-delete-pages aupt-1	Package: org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-enable-landscape-messaging aupt-1	Package: org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-new-card-per-convo aupt-1	Package: ca.canucksoftware.patches.dict+thes-twit aupt-1	Package: ca.canucksoftware.patches.downloads aupt-1	Package: org.e-lnx.wee.patches.topbarmodeswitcher apt	Package: org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-named-pages-in-the-launcher aupt-2	Package: org.e-lnx.wee.patches.topbarmodeswitcher apt
  13.    #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I just tried installing the features patch from the feed and i get this error
    You have some patch installed that takes control of the carrier string in the left corner of top bar. Maybe date as carrier string? It is the only patch that is not compatible and only because it does not make sense to be used with MS since the left corner carrier string is used to show current mode and for the menu if that patch is installed.

    And yes I noticed that it is not a good idea to install patches as ipk with WQI hence the move to using Preware that install everything as ipk.
  14. #374  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You have some patch installed that takes control of the carrier string in the left corner of top bar. Maybe date as carrier string? It is the only patch that is not compatible and only because it does not make sense to be used with MS since the left corner carrier string is used to show current mode and for the menu if that patch is installed.
    Yeah I do have date as carrier string. Which patch is the one that is compatible with all top bar patches?
  15.    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Yeah I do have date as carrier string. Which patch is the one that is compatible with all top bar patches?
    Well I made the decision to not make a patch that would go along with the date as carrier string patch. Mainly because I think that most people want to have the mode menu for manual changing anyway and then you have to loose the date as carrier. There are always those date + time in the center patches that you could use.

    If you really really really want to keep the date as carrier string I might consider off putting out special minimal patch, but if you loose the date as carrier patch it is very likely that you can install even the today menu patch if you want. I haven't test the today menu patch that will it install with all other top bar patches but it should.

    EDIT: forgot to mention that the today menu of course is not available yet in case someone wants to try it. I am adding code that clicking an event will open calendar with the event details and then release the patch later today. Now I have to go to work
    Last edited by sconix; 02/22/2010 at 01:40 AM.
  16. #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well I made the decision to not make a patch that would go along with the date as carrier string patch. Mainly because I think that most people want to have the mode menu for manual changing anyway and then you have to loose the date as carrier. There are always those date + time in the center patches that you could use.

    If you really really really want to keep the date as carrier string I might consider off putting out special minimal patch, but if you loose the date as carrier patch it is very likely that you can install even the today menu patch if you want. I haven't test the today menu patch that will it install with all other top bar patches but it should.

    EDIT: forgot to mention that the today menu of course is not available yet in case someone wants to try it. I am adding code that clicking an event will open calendar with the event details and then release the patch later today. Now I have to go to work
    I guess I can try the date+time patch and see if I can get used to that. But I'm sure some people would be thankful for a patch that works in harmony with the date as carrier patch.
  17. #377  
    this sounds intresting. I don't have preware running on my Pre anymore, but if I did, this would definitely b a must
  18. #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrcsbrooks2 View Post
    this sounds intresting. I don't have preware running on my Pre anymore, but if I did, this would definitely b a must
    Why don't you have Preware?
  19. #379  
    Question:

    Is this app called "Mode Switcher"? I can not find it with PreWare.
  20.    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by hilm3 View Post
    Question:

    Is this app called "Mode Switcher"? I can not find it with PreWare.
    You need to install the custom feed by copying configuration file. See very first post in this thread it has the file and short instruction.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions