32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 18 of 167 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868118 ... LastLast
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    So if we have the version installed from Preware there are no patches with it? Will it switch modes without the patch? Why does it have the mode in the upper left corner if there are no patches with it?
    Currently the feed only holds the application package. I will add the patches there right after I have tested that they work. If you haven't removed your old patches they of course stay even if you install the latest MS through Preware. But before installing the new patches that will be available via the Preware feed it is recommended that you remove all MS related patches the way that you installed them previously.

So in a nut shell just remove everything MS related the way you had them installed before then install the new Preware config file and use Preware to install the MS app and the patch you want. From there on you can use Preware to update the MS app when ever there is a new release. For this procedure you may want to wait a bit so I have time to add those patches and get them at the same time (2-3 hours).
    when the new version hit Preware I uninstalled everything MS related, added the feed thing to preware and downloaded the new version. The only thing I see installed is MS, no patches. I've rebooted because I turned Dev mode off and the mode still shows in the upper left corner. So no patches, MS 0.8.2 only installed.
  3.    #343  
    when the new version hit Preware I uninstalled everything MS related, added the feed thing to preware and downloaded the new version. The only thing I see installed is MS, no patches. I've rebooted because I turned Dev mode off and the mode still shows in the upper left corner. So no patches, MS 0.8.2 only installed.
    Then there has to be some patch still installed. Otherwise it isn't possible for the left corner to work. This is the reason why I am now moving the packages to be managed by Preware since it does not fail to uninstall the packages as easily than WQI. You may want to recheck if WQI apps/patches pages shows up the patch as installed or if it is found from Preware installed patches page. If no then the remaining patch has to be removed by hand or maybe EPR can help I haven't ever used it so don't know. I just hope that I would have known the possibility to add custom feed into Preware in the beginning.
    Preware doesn't show anything installed. I'll try WOSQI when I get home to see if something shows up there.
  5.    #345  
    Preware doesn't show anything installed. I'll try WOSQI when I get home to see if something shows up there.
    Let me know how it goes and if you want help removing the patch manually I can help. I am also currently updating the package format so the app/patch versions that I release after 2-3 hours will be 100% Preware compatible. And therefore when
    ever I get the stable versions out you can continue updating through Preware. So as long as you manage to get everything cleaned up now everything should run smoothly from here on.
    Nothing shows up in WOSQI either. The only thing I see installed is Mode Switcher the app. I disabled it and rebooted thinking that it might change the upper left corner if it wasn't enabled when the phone booted but that didn't work either. Is "removing it manually" just replacing a couple of files with the backup that was made when I installed the patch? If so, what files do I need to look at?
  7.    #347  
    Nothing shows up in WOSQI either. The only thing I see installed is Mode Switcher the app. I disabled it and rebooted thinking that it might change the upper left corner if it wasn't enabled when the phone booted but that didn't work either. Is "removing it manually" just replacing a couple of files with the backup that was made when I installed the patch? If so, what files do I need to look at?
    First give me the output of this command (execute it in the phone) by using novacom or WQI console..

ls /var/usr/lib/.webosinternals.patches/*e-lnx*
    That command gave me "No such files or directories." I didn't wait for instructions and tried to copy the bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$orig$ ($dated$ $yesterday$ $at$ $about$ $17$:$00$) $file$ $back$ $over$ $the$ $top$ $of$ $the$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$ $file$. $Now$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $anything$ $in$ $the$ $top$ $left$ $corner$. $I$ $also$ $have$ $a$ $file$ $called$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ($dated$ $Feb$ $9th$).
  9.    #349  
    That command gave me "No such files or directories." I didn't wait for instructions and tried to copy the bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$orig$ ($dated$ $yesterday$ $at$ $about$ $17$:$00$) $file$ $back$ $over$ $the$ $top$ $of$ $the$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$ $file$. $Now$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $anything$ $in$ $the$ $top$ $left$ $corner$. $I$ $also$ $have$ $a$ $file$ $called$ $bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$webosinternals$.$orig$ ($dated$ $Feb$ $9th$).
    Ok since the ls command did not give anything my instructions would not have worked anyway. Since usually that backup of the patch is left behind when uninstall fails so it can be used to remove the patch. But copying the backup is always one option. Check also bar-scene.html in app/views/bar folder it might be left from the patch and that's why the corner is empty.
    I do still have the bar-scene.html file. Deleting it will finish removing the patch?
  11.    #351  
    I do still have the bar-scene.html file. Deleting it will finish removing the patch?
    No it is needed so don't delete Isn't there backup file of that file available?
    Since only the bar-assistant and that bar-scene should effect to the functionality of the corner.

List of the files that patch modifies that you should check through also that if backup files exist so you can restore them and hopefully then when you install the MS patch again it installs cleanly. Since I don't know which patch was the one that was left in your phone I listed files from all patches.

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/devicemenu.css
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/bar/bar-scene.html
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    /etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/sources.json

And if following files / directories exists they can be deleted:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/modemenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/todaymenu-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/modemenu
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/views/todaymenu
    Last edited by sconix; 02/20/2010 at 05:42 PM.
    There is no back up file in that directory. And the time / date stamp on the file is from this morning when I uninstalled all the MS patches and MS and reinstalled the new version.
  13.    #353  
    There is no back up file in that directory. And the time / date stamp on the file is from this morning when I uninstalled all the MS patches and MS and reinstalled the new version.
    If those files I listed above are OK then the patch should be completely removed. If the corner still empty then I think the bar-assistant.jsjsjs $is$ $still$ $not$ $the$ $original$ $one$.
    I tried replacing another file and now my right corner menu is not working. I think from here it'll just be easier to DR my phone and start over. I was going to DR anyways before the next update.
  15.    #355  
    I tried replacing another file and now my right corner menu is not working. I think from here it'll just be easier to DR my phone and start over. I was going to DR anyways before the next update.
    There's always risk when copying those backup files that if some other patch has also modified them when restoring the file can cause some kind of failure. Of course it is still in a shape that it could be restored, but doctor is usually the easiest. I think that this happened due to WQI. At least I have had same happen to me with other patches when I uninstall/install them a lot. This is the reason why I wanted to move to using Preware since with it I haven't been able to leave patch half uninstalled. I am currently doing heavy testing with the new set of patches and app to insure that they are working. I found couple small bugs from the app too and fixed them. There will be 0.9.0 version of the app and 1.3.5-1 versions of all 5 patches available from mine Preware feed when I have finished the testing.
  16.    #356  
    Once again the time went like flying so I have to leave the new release of the app and patches for tomorrow. I am putting quite a lot of time for testing of this release and have already killed many remaining/found bugs. Sadly it looks like that location trigger wont make it to this release yet since this movement to Preware has taken time from finishing the location trigger. At least I have a free day tomorrow so lets see what I manage to do
    So were you able to find out what was causing my battery drain?
  18.    #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    So were you able to find out what was causing my battery drain?
    I found one possible situation, but it really should not happen very easily so I am not sure if it was the reason why you are experiencing the battery drain. At least it was the only one that could even remotely cause it that I could find. So I suggest that when I release the 0.9.0 release with the new patches tomorrow that you try it.

If it still happens with this upcoming version then I really don't know why, specially since I haven't seen this happening on my phone, but even if the new version don't remove the problem I am not giving up. Just let me know if it still happens then I could do a special version for you that would show banner + some info every time the app wakes itself up so you could follow that does it really wake up and then maybe we have a better idea what is going on. Now I catch some sleep, I have lots of tweaking to do tomorrow if I want this release to be considered almost as release candidate and not so beta anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I found one possible situation, but it really should not happen very easily so I am not sure if it was the reason why you are experiencing the battery drain. At least it was the only one that could even remotely cause it that I could find. So I suggest that when I release the 0.9.0 release with the new patches tomorrow that you try it.

If it still happens with this upcoming version then I really don't know why, specially since I haven't seen this happening on my phone, but even if the new version don't remove the problem I am not giving up. Just let me know if it still happens then I could do a special version for you that would show banner + some info every time the app wakes itself up so you could follow that does it really wake up and then maybe we have a better idea what is going on. Now I catch some sleep, I have lots of tweaking to do tomorrow if I want this release to be considered almost as release candidate and not so beta anymore
    Thank you. I'm testing my School Mode right now with version 0.8.5 with no patches to see if I get any battery drain.

UPDATE: I had School Mode on for one hour (6-7pm). Battery went from 98% to 77%. I don't know about you but that's some crazy battery drain. 5 hours of school mode and the phone is dead.
    After 7pm it switched to Default Mode and right now the battery is at 76%.
    Last edited by gollyzila; 02/20/2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Added battery drain test results.
  20.    #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Thank you. I'm testing my School Mode right now with version 0.8.5 with no patches to see if I get any battery drain.

UPDATE: I had School Mode on for one hour (6-7pm). Battery went from 98% to 77%. I don't know about you but that's some crazy battery drain. 5 hours of school mode and the phone is dead.
    After 7pm it switched to Default Mode and right now the battery is at 76%.
    So it seems that it only eats battery when the school mode is active. Can you do one more test. Remove all the configuration from school mode (so that they are taken from default mode). If it still eats the battery on school mode then the bug has to be in the moving of the start timer (it gets somehow moved into past and keeps firing all the time). If it does not eat the battery then the bug is in the configuration option changing code. And if it still eats battery after removing those settings you could try to change the starting/closing method of the mode and remove any apps if any on that mode and see if it has any effect. The closer you can identify the problem the easier it is for me to find and fix it.