View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 17 of 167 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 3326
  1. #321  
    Unfortunately I'm not able to install the patches. I keep getting errors similar to the attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
  2. #322  
    I wasnt able to install the patches at first either.. but I deleted my theme and deleted all my patches and then ran EPR and everything works fine!
    --Marvin
  3.    #323  
    When you can't install the features or modemenu patch please also tell what top bar related patches you are using. Also screenshot or information about the failed lines is good. This will speedup my task to tryin modify patched so that they won't conflicy.
  4.    #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldayotte View Post
    Unfortunately I'm not able to install the patches. I keep getting errors similar to the attached screenshot.
    Do you have diffstat installed? It is listed as patch depency I don't know why it still lets to try to install it if it is not installed. And what patch fails? The feature patch?
  5.    #325  
    After a quick tests it seems that neither Preware or WQI handles patches with dependencies to other patches very well when updating the patches. I have to check this more carefully and will post info tonight with hopefully new set of patches.
    Last edited by sconix; 02/20/2010 at 05:00 AM.
  6.    #326  
    New release and new distribution method. There's only one update in the app, now the custom days are hidden if no custom selected from days selector. More importantly this release is about new distribution method. No more WQI needed. Packages and patches installable from Preware. Just copy the 'e-lnx-wee.conf' file into /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/ directory on your pre and you'll see Mode Switcher packages in Preware (App under System Utilities and patches under Top Bar).

    Uninstall your old version of the app and possible MS patches through WQI first.

    Currently only the app is available (0.8.5) from this feed. I will add the new version of patches when I get them tested later today. I still make new posts when ever new versions available, but won't be adding the files in the post anymore.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  7. #327  
    if I uninstall the app will my modes get deleted????
  8.    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    if I uninstall the app will my modes get deleted????
    No they should not get deleted. I haven't added any kind of configuration deletion in the uninstallation. And the automatic config deletion should not involve the system preferences (which MS uses).
  9. #329  
    Last night I had to manually start Bedside mode. It has a double trigger based on time and touchstone. It also didn't go back to default this morning at 0630 like it should but switched when I lifted it off the touchstone at 0815.
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Last night I had to manually start Bedside mode. It has a double trigger based on time and touchstone. It also didn't go back to default this morning at 0630 like it should but switched when I lifted it off the touchstone at 0815.
    I guess you had the new patch in use? Since I noticed the same this morning. So some error in the new patch, but as you can see I had to re-figure what to do with the patches and will add new revision later today. I check that they also work correctly. At least now it's much easier for me to get new version out in the open.
  11.    #331  
    Yey Preware seems to know how to handle the patch dependencies so I can stay in the original plan to make the set of 5 patches that have dependencies. Now I go to play some volleyball and after that try to cheer another Janne in the ski jump to the medals and after that will fix and release the patches through my Preware feed. Maybe even one fix to the app itself.
  12. #332  
    Sounds like fun, cheering someone to a medal on ski jump. Enjoy your day. Looking forward to the improvements in the distribution system.
  13. dtokarz's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    #333  
    I'm glad that its available in Preware now! Will we have to copy the e-lnx-wee.conf file if we doctor our phone, or is this just a one time thing that will be added in future updates?

    Can't wait for the location trigger so that I will be able to test and provide some feedback!
  14.    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    I'm glad that its available in Preware now! Will we have to copy the e-lnx-wee.conf file if we doctor our phone, or is this just a one time thing that will be added in future updates?

    Can't wait for the location trigger so that I will be able to test and provide some feedback!
    You have to add it after doctor visit. Eventually this goes to official feed, but this feed is for this beta period and maybe in future for something else Mainly this makes my work much easier when releasing new versions and I think all prefers Preware over WQI anyway. At least I do, since Preware has been much more reliable than WQI at least for me.

    And the location trigger will come. I have just wanted to stabilize the code base a bit and now stabilize the patches too. Then my full focus is on the location trigger implementation.
  15. Raphy's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #335  
    so, I'm kinda new to this homebrew/patches community, and have no idea how to install this app via preWare. It's sounds amazing and deff a feat I miss and would love to betta test it, only if I can get some help on installing it.. Lol
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphy View Post
    so, I'm kinda new to this homebrew/patches community, and have no idea how to install this app via preWare. It's sounds amazing and deff a feat I miss and would love to betta test it, only if I can get some help on installing it.. Lol
    You could use WebOS Quick Install to send the configuration file to your phone. It has send file function in the menus. For the source file you would set the unzipped .conf file and for the directory in the device you would set: /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/
    After that Preware loads the feed automatically.

    If you are not familiar with WQI and are afraid of the Doctor I advice for you to wait until this is in official feed of Preware. Since it should get there quite soon at least I would like to see it there before 4th of March.
  17. Raphy's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #337  
    I think I got it, well I would have to tried it when I get home. Thanks for the quick response..
  18.    #338  
    Oh well it seems that the update is not yet supported for patches with dependencies in Preware, but what I gather it is coming. So I will keep this current dependency style patches since it is just way more easier for me than trying to keep 5 different patches up-to-date. So when you need to update the upcoming patches you need to uninstall them manually in correct order. But the good news is than when installing it is enough just to pick the patch you want and it installs dependencies automatically.

    I am currently finishing and testing all the patches in a hope that you don't need to update them before Preware supports automatic update. I also already tested the two first patches against all reasonable top bar patches and they installed just fine. Only patch that was not compatible was the date as carrier string, but it does not make a lot of sense anyway when using MS.
  19. #339  
    So if we have the version installed from Preware there are no patches with it? Will it switch modes without the patch? Why does it have the mode in the upper left corner if there are no patches with it?
  20. dtokarz's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You have to add it after doctor visit. Eventually this goes to official feed, but this feed is for this beta period and maybe in future for something else Mainly this makes my work much easier when releasing new versions and I think all prefers Preware over WQI anyway. At least I do, since Preware has been much more reliable than WQI at least for me.

    And the location trigger will come. I have just wanted to stabilize the code base a bit and now stabilize the patches too. Then my full focus is on the location trigger implementation.
    I see. I just noticed the patch added a customized feed in Preware. Now I understand why you would have to install it after a doctors visit. Keep up the good work!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions