• Silent switch trigger

32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 166 of 167 FirstFirst ... 66116156161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 3326
    No, I have Switcharoo set to the same folder all the time. But after a Luna Restart or Device Reset, sometimes its background process needs to be restarted by opening the app.

As sconix said, Switcharoo would need launch parameters for MS to be able to control it beyond simply opening and closing the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    No, I have Switcharoo set to the same folder all the time. But after a Luna Restart or Device Reset, sometimes its background process needs to be restarted by opening the app.

As sconix said, Switcharoo would need launch parameters for MS to be able to control it beyond simply opening and closing the card.
    Got it, thank you for the clarification
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Pixi cannot run MS in background so you need to have the dashboard scene running or MS won't function. If you close dashboard MS closes and if you change mode it is restarted.
    Is the inability to run it in the background a technical limit of webOS on the Pixi that would require a fix from Palm, or just something that you haven't had the hardware/time to figure out how to get it running?
  4.    #3304  
    I will release the 1.0.0 tonight. It only has couple minor fixes that were reported and few small improvements for GPS trigger. It also has translation support so if someone is willing to translate MS then send me an email so I can send you the files.

Thanks to everyone that have helped during the beta phase by donating, testing and reporting problems. Specially for the people behind the manual

If bugs are reported I will do fixes and releases, but otherwise I take a small break from MS. The only feature that I might add quite soon is the extension for filemanager. Otherwise I will focus a bit for creating couple new patches for myself maybe they end up in Preware who knows.
    Turn off is what it does automatically no need to set anything. At least for me any other than always on will produce turning off the display. And this is something MS cannot have a effect. If yours stays on then the always on is most likely requested some other app than MS, but even in that case one manual close/turn on should reset the always on option. I just meant that it cannot be set to lock or anything else. Only the always on or the default action that is display off after a while.

You have to have the volume setting in some mode, maybe forgot the default mode? And yes when exiting MS the mode is reloaded even it has not been changed. This temporary so until I figure out a easy way to monitor changes to a mode (copying the whole setting structure and doing compare is not an option).
    Ok, I meant to say I wanted MS to pull up the LOCK screen whenever my Pre is plugged in via USB. If you are saying that is impossible, I will accept that. Yes, I CAN get MS to always keep the screen on when connected via USB.

You were right about the forgetting the Default Mode. I removed all settings that I'm not adjusting and now no more volume icon! Thanks!
  6.    #3306  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Ok, I meant to say I wanted MS to pull up the LOCK screen whenever my Pre is plugged in via USB. If you are saying that is impossible, I will accept that. Yes, I CAN get MS to always keep the screen on when connected via USB.

You were right about the forgetting the Default Mode. I removed all settings that I'm not adjusting and now no more volume icon! Thanks!
    Yes the lock screen is not possible at least I don't know how it can be done. Sorry if I am sometimes a bit unclear on my sayings
    ...Thanks to everyone that have helped during the beta phase by donating, testing and reporting problems. Specially for the people behind the manual ...
    I think I can say on the behalf of those that have followed, donated, tested and helped you along the way with the beta of MS:

!! THANK YOU !!
    !! THANK YOU !!
    !! THANK YOU !!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I am posting this with the intent on drumming up some donations to Sconix for Mode Switcher hitting a stable 1.0.0 release and also for his wonderful well written patches that add even more functionality to webOS.

We could all go on and on about how great Sconix and his app/patches are, so for those of us that know, here is to starting a Sconix Donationathon!

Donate away everyone!

Donation Sent: $25.00

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I got into doing the manual because I'm too poor to give donations, but I put some unobtrusive ads on the MS manual website, and the majority of the proceeds will be going directly to sconix.

So anyone who, like me, is too poor to donate should do their part by clicking some of the ads at Mode Switcher Manual
    Dependencies are supported in apps, but not in patches (yet at least). You may lean towards Rod in hopes someone would add that support
    Yeah, it's a thorny problem. We're still working out what the algorithm should be for all types of patch dependencies to update correctly, let alone then implementing that solution in code.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Sconix -- CONGRATS on getting to 1.0. Your vision for this application has been inspiring and your talent for writing the code in what must be a terribly complex working environment is highly impressive (implying of course, both the WebOS environment and we, it's unruly masses...). The 1.0 release is genuinely amazing and more than I could have hoped for in a Profile management app (Profile / Mode management doesn't do it justice of course).

Anyway, I was thinking a little ahead of Oakridge last night when I already sent you a "couple" of Euros as a token of my appreciation for your hard work on this (and your patches over the last several months.)

Best wishes. I hope you take a few days off. Then again, once the rest of the 'masses' get their hands on this, you might be flooded with help requests... I know those of us who have been Beta testing for you will do our best to help out as much as we can.... Hopefully people RTFM!!!
    Sconix, thanx for 1.0. I love the modifier mode and I think I'm finally getting the hang of Mode Switcher. It worked flawlessly for a full day of events, gym, work, store, and home. It changed Modes when it needed to, and kept my hands free for other things. Thus, I donated today.Thanks again.
    Thanks Sconix. I will be making a donation as well.

Got a question for you. Is there a way for MS to tell when there has been a Luna reset or reboot and possibly use that as a trigger to cause some modifier mode to open/close apps? (youview, weather now etc)
    when any mode is activated is there any way to make the dashboard disappear without opening and swiping it away and make the card disappear? is there a setting to enter a mode cleanly - the card goes background without swiping and the dashboard goes away without swiping?
    also...does anyone know of any patch conflicts with the "launch ms on reboot" patch? i am getting the following error:

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    also...does anyone know of any patch conflicts with the "launch ms on reboot" patch? i am getting the following error:

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    Please see the troubleshooting section on the Mode Switcher Wiki.

In short, yes, the Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot patch conflicts with the Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot patch.

I have a touchstone mode that auto starts By Selection. When the popup shows, I only see black instead of buttons.
    I'm still playing around with MS until I learn how to use its potential, but I'm stuck:
    I'd like to have a toggle-function like
    - When Application X is started, turn on GPS
    - When Application X is closed, turn GPS off
    I was able to do the 1st half but the "turn off"-part gives me headaches.

Is it possible? If yes, how can it be done?
  19.    #3319  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Thanks Sconix. I will be making a donation as well.

Got a question for you. Is there a way for MS to tell when there has been a Luna reset or reboot and possibly use that as a trigger to cause some modifier mode to open/close apps? (youview, weather now etc)
    Kind of yes, if you set the default mode to be started always on startup and the set it to start MS application and tell it start or trigger or whatever any mode you wish. Maybe that is what you after.
  20.    #3320  
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    when any mode is activated is there any way to make the dashboard disappear without opening and swiping it away and make the card disappear? is there a setting to enter a mode cleanly - the card goes background without swiping and the dashboard goes away without swiping?
    On Pixi no since it does not support background apps so you need the dashboard to be open for MS to work. For Pre just install start MS on luna start patch and no dashboard started/needed.