• Headphones trigger

19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

23 14.11%
Page 165 of 167 FirstFirst ... 65115155160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3326
  1.    #3281  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I'm getting an notification icon at the button of the screen, it wasn't there until I installed Adv. Config. App launcher patch like 20 mins ago. I got a pre
    I don't know yet what is the situation when MS skips the background starting, it is most likely only in luna restarts when some signal happens to wake MS before it is started. Just restart luna again and MS starts on the background (without the dashboard thing).
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    When connected on USB the normal operation cannot be overwritten by MS Only when in touchstone (and maybe in wall charger haven't tried).

If you have set the mode to change the volume settings the icon displays (another WebOS feature that cannot be overridden). If your Mode don't actually need to set the volume just remove the volume settings.
    When connected on USB, the normal operation CAN be overwritten if I set the screen to ALWAYS ON (works perfectly), I just can't get it to work if I set the screen to TURN OFF.

None of my modes include volume settings but the volume icon always displays when switching modes. The only time the volume icon is not displayed is when I am editing the current mode and exit out of MS. I do still get the notification that the current mode has been updated.

This is still an awesome app even if these minor annoyances can't be worked out!
  3.    #3283  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    When connected on USB, the normal operation CAN be overwritten if I set the screen to ALWAYS ON (works perfectly), I just can't get it to work if I set the screen to TURN OFF.

None of my modes include volume settings but the volume icon always displays when switching modes. The only time the volume icon is not displayed is when I am editing the current mode and exit out of MS. I do still get the notification that the current mode has been updated.

This is still an awesome app even if these minor annoyances can't be worked out!
    Turn off is what it does automatically no need to set anything. At least for me any other than always on will produce turning off the display. And this is something MS cannot have a effect. If yours stays on then the always on is most likely requested some other app than MS, but even in that case one manual close/turn on should reset the always on option. I just meant that it cannot be set to lock or anything else. Only the always on or the default action that is display off after a while.

You have to have the volume setting in some mode, maybe forgot the default mode? And yes when exiting MS the mode is reloaded even it has not been changed. This temporary so until I figure out a easy way to monitor changes to a mode (copying the whole setting structure and doing compare is not an option).
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I use Switcharoo (free version) as well.
    I guess I am not seeing what problems being experienced.

If this helps, here's how I have mine setup and no matter what modes being used, etc... Switcharoo is working and always switching my wallpapers as it's configured.

Default Mode > Wallpaper setting: Do Not Set
    All other Modes (that have the screen options being used) > Wallpaper Setting: Default

Am I missing what your after?
    Yes- in addition to the above, I want certain modes (night mode, for example), to use specific wallpaper. The problem is that after night mode closes, the wallpaper sticks because none of the underlying modes actually specify which wallpaper to use.
  5.    #3285  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Yes- in addition to the above, I want certain modes (night mode, for example), to use specific wallpaper. The problem is that after night mode closes, the wallpaper sticks because none of the underlying modes actually specify which wallpaper to use.
    Just an idea, can not you set the mode to start the switcharoo app on mode close and would it on start then change the wallpaper, or is it only when it is closed and started. Anyway simple support for launch param to do refresh would be enough in the app...
    Ah. Yes, mine does this as well after a quick test.
    Since I don't use it that way, it doesn't bother me, but if I did I can see where this might annoy others.

It seems like if the wallpaper is changed manually instead of by Switcharoo, Switcharoo doesn't pick itself back up.

I have not tried it, but maybe you could put Switcharoo in the list of apps to open on your mode close for the modes that change the wallpaper. Maybe a call back to the program would kick it back in gear.

EDIT: DANG, Sconix is too fast for me. He already suggested the same thing.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Just an idea, can not you set the mode to start the switcharoo app on mode close and would it on start then change the wallpaper, or is it only when it is closed and started. Anyway simple support for launch param to do refresh would be enough in the app...
    Switcharoo changes the wallpaper at a set interval (not just when the app is started) OR manually when a button is pressed within the app. Unfortunately there's no way to do it with MS app startup settings.

It's really no big deal to me.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Ah. Yes, mine does this as well after a quick test.
    Since I don't use it that way, it doesn't bother me, but if I did I can see where this might annoy others.

It seems like if the wallpaper is changed manually instead of by Switcharoo, Switcharoo doesn't pick itself back up.

I have not tried it, but maybe you could put Switcharoo in the list of apps to open on your mode close for the modes that change the wallpaper. Maybe a call back to the program would kick it back in gear.

EDIT: DANG, Sconix is too fast for me. He already suggested the same thing.
    Yeah, from what I can tell (using Switcharoo Free), it does the wallpaper rotation on its own schedule (I have it set to "once a day" and it just changes over at midnight every day- I have no control over it). So, turning it off and then on again doesn't do anything.
    But what if none of the underlying modes have a background set? I use switcharoo, so I don't force a wallpaper on my Default setting. From what I understand (and what I am seeing), if Mode A specifies a wallpaper and ends, and Default mode does not set a specific wallpaper, then the wallpaper stays at the one set for Mode A.

Sconix, is this correct? Any chance to get that fixed? I know Switcharoo is kind of lame but I like it, and right now I am having to choose between using it or using mode-specific wallpaper
    I believe that is correct, at least that is how it works for me. I am with you I use Switcharoo also I like it so i do not really use the set Wall papers anymore either. i was actually hoping that there would be a way to have MS function with Switcharoo so maybe on the weekends I can have a specific group of pics to go through and during the week a different group.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

10.    #3290  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I believe that is correct, at least that is how it works for me. I am with you I use Switcharoo also I like it so i do not really use the set Wall papers anymore either. i was actually hoping that there would be a way to have MS function with Switcharoo so maybe on the weekends I can have a specific group of pics to go through and during the week a different group.
    It does not hurt to ask switcharoo developer to add launchparam / other ways of other apps to control it. If that would be added to the app then MS could easily send request for the app as I mentioned earlier.
    Sconix - Any chance that we can incorporate pics in a way that in Mode A a certain group of pics are available for viewing and in Mode B a different set of pics may be available for viewing this will help for all those noisy friends and co workers that like to browse through your phone.

12.    #3292  
    Sconix - Any chance that we can incorporate pics in a way that in Mode A a certain group of pics are available for viewing and in Mode B a different set of pics may be available for viewing this will help for all those noisy friends and co workers that like to browse through your phone.
    At least there is no easy way to do this, and I think how WebOS works in this the only way would be moving files around or doing some other filesystem operation so no any reasonable way to implement this.
    At least there is no easy way to do this, and I think how WebOS works in this the only way would be moving files around or doing some other filesystem operation so no any reasonable way to implement this.
    Not sure how easy this would be, but if you have the different pics in different folders (either by MS or they do it manually), then just adding a period (.) to the beginning of the folder name makes it invisible to the photos app (I believe that's correct).

So maybe if you have a way to rename certain folders dependent on mode? Again, don't know if that's possible in MS, but thought I'd just throw that out there.
    That is how i do it currently but it is a mannual process. so if this could some how be incorporated into MS that wouldbe fantastic.

15.    #3295  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Not sure how easy this would be, but if you have the different pics in different folders (either by MS or they do it manually), then just adding a period (.) to the beginning of the folder name makes it invisible to the photos app (I believe that's correct).

So maybe if you have a way to rename certain folders dependent on mode? Again, don't know if that's possible in MS, but thought I'd just throw that out there.
    That is how i do it currently but it is a mannual process. so if this could some how be incorporated into MS that wouldbe fantastic.
    Again I would say nothing that fits MS itself, but if someone writes a app that can take parameters for renaming directory then it would be possible to add extension for controlling it. But now when I think of it, actually this should be possible with the filemanager service. Will try to write an extension for it. Maybe wont make it for 1.0.0 but for 1.0.1 most likely. For sure if donation would be received for this purpose.... Otherwise will do when I have time.
    Again I would say nothing that fits MS itself, but if someone writes a app that can take parameters for renaming directory then it would be possible to add extension for controlling it. But now when I think of it, actually this should be possible with the filemanager service. Will try to write an extension for it. Maybe wont make it for 1.0.0 but for 1.0.1 most likely. For sure if donation would be received for this purpose.... Otherwise will do when I have time.
    You are correct I currently use File Manager to do this now. I can not put much out there but am definitely willing to make a donation towards your time on this.

I added debugging in order to trying to determine the reason for skipping profile set on mode close and introduced a typo that seems to stop the listing processing. Will fix and verify that Govnah thing is working for 1.0.0 (the next release).
    outstanding, thanks sconix. this app is very useful and I have used it since it was originally released.

great support sconix
    sj
    I have a 'Background Services' mode that opens then closes Youview and Switcharoo. Currently I only have it run in the morning, but I plan to have other modes call it as necessary to make sure certain apps have their bg processes running.
    Alright, I've got a scenario I can't work out, and I've done a lot of reading and troubleshooting so I'm finally bringing it here.

What I want: to have a "WiFi Search" mode that has WiFi enabled. My default mode has WiFi disabled (to preserve power). This WiFi mode is started after I exit my Car mode. I want this to serve as an intermittent mode for when I'm arriving at work or at home (where I have WiFi, and once connected, the proper mode takes over. As I've described it, this is easy enough to do, with my Car mode having MS Start WiFi Search on After Mode Close. But then, it just always starts it. I wanted to have a way to basically "tell" MS whenever I got out of my car whether I was going somewhere with WiFi or not. So, I decided to add the Silent Switch trigger (set on Switch Off) to my WiFi Search mode. I then set MS to Trigger WiFi Search After Mode Close (also experimented with Before Mode Close, Switch, etc.) The reasoning is that when I'm getting out of my car (btw, Car mode works off a "Wall Charger" trigger), if it's home or work, I'd leave the Silent Switch Off (meaning, loud), so when I exit my car it gets triggered, then within a minute it connects to my home/work WiFi and goes into those modes. But when I'm at another place (i.e. store, restaurant, etc.), I'd put the Switch to On (meaning Silent), then disconnect my charger cable, then MS would trigger WiFi Search, Triggers are False, so it'd skip WiFi Search.

As you may have guessed, this doesn't perform as I've described. Instead, when I try to Trigger WiFi Search, it always skips over it. And I just realized, I think it may be that since MS is Trigger based, when I "Trigger WiFi Search" when leaving Car mode, it doesn't actually poll the Silent Switch state, but rather, since there's no trigger at the same time telling it it's set to off (meaning it should be True), then it takes it to mean False and skips over it. Is my assuming logic correct?

I realize that one solution is to set MS to always start WiFi Search After Car mode closes, so it'll always trigger it and enable WiFi... Then, if I'm somewhere public (or non-WiFi), I can just toggle the Silent Switch and it'll disable the mode and go to Default mode (assuming it hasn't picked up a WiFi hotspot that's taken care of in MS.

So, that would work, but I would really prefer if I could set it up to work similar to how I first described it. Anybody got any tips? I suppose, when using the MS parameter to "Trigger" a mode, it only works if that modes' triggers are ones like location, time, etc.

I've also tried making it into a Modifier Mode (that's actually how I started it out), but that wasn't really working either.

One final question: Since what I'm really looking for is a mode that can "Time Out" and there's now the Time Interval trigger, would this do my trick (if it had shorter intervals)? Like, I'd set it to No Repeating, then 1 Minute. Then that way, if another mode hasn't begun after a minute (aka no WiFi connections), it closes and goes to default mode. Seems like that'd work for me. Oh and also, I did try having a trigger for WiFi State Disconnected with a 60 second Delay, but as I believe has been previously said, this only works on if there is an actual disconnection from a connection, which might not happen in my situations.

Anyway, I realize this is a huge post - sorry. But I wanted to be clear on what I'm looking for. Anything I'm overlooking, or any simple advice or suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I have a 'Background Services' mode that opens then closes Youview and Switcharoo. Currently I only have it run in the morning, but I plan to have other modes call it as necessary to make sure certain apps have their bg processes running.
    I am new and still learning how this all works, i am not exactly sure what you are saying here, does your Background Services offer the ability to open Switcharoo and selectwhich folders to rotate through out the day autmatically with the assistance of MS?