View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 164 of 167 FirstFirst ... 64114154159160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3326
  1. #3261  
    not working well with pixi? the icon does not hide itself and everytime i change mode mode switcher launches?
  2. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #3262  
    Quick question regarding wallpaper changes: is it supposed to revert to the wallpaper that was set prior to a mode being activated, or does it rely on the previous mode specifying the wallpaper that should be used?
  3. #3263  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Quick question regarding wallpaper changes: is it supposed to revert to the wallpaper that was set prior to a mode being activated, or does it rely on the previous mode specifying the wallpaper that should be used?
    If a wallpaper is designated for a given mode, it will (obviously) use that wallpaper... When that mode ends, the wall paper will go to whatever wallpaper should be based on the new mode configuration...

    Generally, MS will use the wallpaper from the "default" mode whenever a particular Normal mode does not have wallpaper set.... In Modifier modes, it should always use the wallpaper of the underlying Normal Mode unless of course the Mod Mode has a wallpaper designated.
  4. #3264  
    Sconix,

    Any plans to add a keyboard brightness setting? I am aware of Brightness Unlinked and I am currently using the Fixed Keyboard Brightness patch. However, it would be very useful if a keyboard brightness setting was added to Mode Switcher.
  5.    #3265  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    EDIT: I was able to get the app to function as designed. Thanks to sconix for this awsome app!! I will post issues if I do run across any..

    sj

    I was curious about the lastest MS Version (100). I had v(99) installed yesterday and was running through some tests. I verified that in MS, when you added Govnah and set the settings for selecting a govnah profile on mode start and changing the govnah profile to a different one on mode close (when switching modes)

    the latest version does not recognize the govnah profiles, I tried removing and reinstalling, still doesn't recognize gov profiles.

    I also tried to reinstall v(99), but that didn't correct the MS app not recognizing govnah profiles..

    is that feature coming back to MS.?

    sj
    I added debugging in order to trying to determine the reason for skipping profile set on mode close and introduced a typo that seems to stop the listing processing. Will fix and verify that Govnah thing is working for 1.0.0 (the next release).
  6.    #3266  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    not working well with pixi? the icon does not hide itself and everytime i change mode mode switcher launches?
    Pixi cannot run MS in background so you need to have the dashboard scene running or MS won't function. If you close dashboard MS closes and if you change mode it is restarted.
  7.    #3267  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Sconix,

    Any plans to add a keyboard brightness setting? I am aware of Brightness Unlinked and I am currently using the Fixed Keyboard Brightness patch. However, it would be very useful if a keyboard brightness setting was added to Mode Switcher.
    I am not fan of setting keyboard brightness separately. The inverted keyboard brightness works well for me and don't see a reason to control it separately.
  8. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #3268  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    If a wallpaper is designated for a given mode, it will (obviously) use that wallpaper... When that mode ends, the wall paper will go to whatever wallpaper should be based on the new mode configuration...

    Generally, MS will use the wallpaper from the "default" mode whenever a particular Normal mode does not have wallpaper set.... In Modifier modes, it should always use the wallpaper of the underlying Normal Mode unless of course the Mod Mode has a wallpaper designated.
    But what if none of the underlying modes have a background set? I use switcharoo, so I don't force a wallpaper on my Default setting. From what I understand (and what I am seeing), if Mode A specifies a wallpaper and ends, and Default mode does not set a specific wallpaper, then the wallpaper stays at the one set for Mode A.

    Sconix, is this correct? Any chance to get that fixed? I know Switcharoo is kind of lame but I like it, and right now I am having to choose between using it or using mode-specific wallpaper
  9.    #3269  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    But what if none of the underlying modes have a background set? I use switcharoo, so I don't force a wallpaper on my Default setting. From what I understand (and what I am seeing), if Mode A specifies a wallpaper and ends, and Default mode does not set a specific wallpaper, then the wallpaper stays at the one set for Mode A.

    Sconix, is this correct? Any chance to get that fixed? I know Switcharoo is kind of lame but I like it, and right now I am having to choose between using it or using mode-specific wallpaper
    You are right about how mode switcher functions. How you suggest this to be fixed? Mode switcher has to be told what setting it sets if you don't then it does not do anything. I could do a exception for wallpaper that previous wallpaper would be saved, but I would not like to break a pattern meaning to make one setting behave differently than all the others. What would be the solution in my opinion is that Switcharoo would support launch parameters for stopping / starting its operation or setting static wallpaper for a second then mode could control the switcharoo app. This whey it would be more nicer in my opinion and then I could just write an extension for the switcharoo app. So maybe ask from its developer very nicely if it could add this kind of launch parameter or maybe it already has.

    Actually I don't even know is switcharoo a service or app, anyway either launch parameters or service request support would work nicely with MS...
    Last edited by sconix; 08/23/2010 at 08:28 AM.
  10. #3270  
    Preware shows an update for system Mode Menu, but the system menu framework won't update.

    Is there a thread somewhere for the System Menu Initial Framework patch?
  11. #3271  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am not fan of setting keyboard brightness separately. The inverted keyboard brightness works well for me and don't see a reason to control it separately.
    Yes, the inverted/full keyboard brightness patches work well. However, I'm curious as to why you don't like to control the brightness separately.
  12. #3272  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Preware shows an update for system Mode Menu, but the system menu framework won't update.

    Is there a thread somewhere for the System Menu Initial Framework patch?
    You first have to uninstall the system menu patches (Mode Menu, Today Menu, System Menu, etc...). Then you can update (or uninstall / reinstall) the system menu framework, then reinstall whatever system menu patches you want.

    I think it's an issue setting up dependencies with the system menu patches.... Sconix, I thought Preware DID support dependencies and that other advanced homebrew installers DO NOT..... Maybe Rod can weigh in on why your patches don't update nicely???
  13. #3273  
    Sconix, I create a simple mode called "USB - Day" which is just supposed to turn the lock screen on when connected via USB. If I set this mode to keep the screen always on, it works perfectly but when I set it to turn on the lock screen, the screen turns off like it normally does when connected via usb. What I am I missing?

    Also, why does the volume (music) icon get displayed every time a mode is switched?
  14.    #3274  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Yes, the inverted/full keyboard brightness patches work well. However, I'm curious as to why you don't like to control the brightness separately.
    I don't see any use for it. The inverted should work for every situation and with finer control there is no battery or any other advantages achieved. And since controlling it with MS would need none system supported tinkering I am not happy to add it.
  15.    #3275  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    You first have to uninstall the system menu patches (Mode Menu, Today Menu, System Menu, etc...). Then you can update (or uninstall / reinstall) the system menu framework, then reinstall whatever system menu patches you want.

    I think it's an issue setting up dependencies with the system menu patches.... Sconix, I thought Preware DID support dependencies and that other advanced homebrew installers DO NOT..... Maybe Rod can weigh in on why your patches don't update nicely???
    Dependencies are supported in apps, but not in patches (yet at least). You may lean towards Rod in hopes someone would add that support
  16.    #3276  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Sconix, I create a simple mode called "USB - Day" which is just supposed to turn the lock screen on when connected via USB. If I set this mode to keep the screen always on, it works perfectly but when I set it to turn on the lock screen, the screen turns off like it normally does when connected via usb. What I am I missing?

    Also, why does the volume (music) icon get displayed every time a mode is switched?
    When connected on USB the normal operation cannot be overwritten by MS Only when in touchstone (and maybe in wall charger haven't tried).

    If you have set the mode to change the volume settings the icon displays (another WebOS feature that cannot be overridden). If your Mode don't actually need to set the volume just remove the volume settings.
  17. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #3277  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You are right about how mode switcher functions. How you suggest this to be fixed? Mode switcher has to be told what setting it sets if you don't then it does not do anything. I could do a exception for wallpaper that previous wallpaper would be saved, but I would not like to break a pattern meaning to make one setting behave differently than all the others. What would be the solution in my opinion is that Switcharoo would support launch parameters for stopping / starting its operation or setting static wallpaper for a second then mode could control the switcharoo app. This whey it would be more nicer in my opinion and then I could just write an extension for the switcharoo app. So maybe ask from its developer very nicely if it could add this kind of launch parameter or maybe it already has.

    Actually I don't even know is switcharoo a service or app, anyway either launch parameters or service request support would work nicely with MS...
    I totally understand where you're coming from and respect wanting to adhere to a standard. I'm going to forget about switcharoo altogether. I do think that wallpaper should be one of those things that reverts back to its original setting, only because it's the only thing I can think of where its "default" setting might be arbitrarily changed by some app other than MS.
  18. #3278  
    I'm getting an notification icon at the button of the screen, it wasn't there until I installed Adv. Config. App launcher patch like 20 mins ago. I got a pre
  19. #3279  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I totally understand where you're coming from and respect wanting to adhere to a standard. I'm going to forget about switcharoo altogether. I do think that wallpaper should be one of those things that reverts back to its original setting, only because it's the only thing I can think of where its "default" setting might be arbitrarily changed by some app other than MS.
    I use Switcharoo (free version) as well.
    I guess I am not seeing what problems being experienced.

    If this helps, here's how I have mine setup and no matter what modes being used, etc... Switcharoo is working and always switching my wallpapers as it's configured.

    Default Mode > Wallpaper setting: Do Not Set
    All other Modes (that have the screen options being used) > Wallpaper Setting: Default

    Am I missing what your after?

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  20. #3280  
    Switcharoo is working for me too!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions