View Poll Results: What trigger you want to see next

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bluetooth device trigger

    35 21.47%
  • Screen state trigger

    14 8.59%
  • Calendar event trigger

    40 24.54%
  • Silent switch trigger

    32 19.63%
  • Headphones trigger

    19 11.66%
  • Signal strength trigger

    23 14.11%
Page 163 of 167 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 3326
  1. #3241  
    Thanks sconix for the updates. So far everything is working great for me.

    I also decided to remove all of the other menu patches I had and try yours exclusively. It was a good move. I didn't lose any functionality and was given more customizable options. Incredible. I did not know what I was missing.

    Another benefit is that they all play nicely with each other and have a consistent UI about them. I would recommend others do the same.

    Thanks again.
  2. #3242  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Do you have per account settings set or global? There was a bug in per account settings at least couple releases a go. I though I fixed it already maybe something was left behind...
    All settings were set as global. I have not tried to reset it since the most recent update but I will try it now and get back to you with the results.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

  3.    #3243  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Thanks sconix for the updates. So far everything is working great for me.

    I also decided to remove all of the other menu patches I had and try yours exclusively. It was a good move. I didn't lose any functionality and was given more customizable options. Incredible. I did not know what I was missing.

    Another benefit is that they all play nicely with each other and have a consistent UI about them. I would recommend others do the same.

    Thanks again.
    Thanks, and more to come most likely at some point. Couple new patches in the works and menu patches most likely will have item ordering and removing option for first and last none drawer items etc. When I have the time...
  4. MiDoJo's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #3244  
    sorry if this has been asked, I did my best effort to find the answer before posting.
    If I have a mode(modifier) which has the trigger of time (12:00am-9:00am) & touchstone charger, & I place my phone on the charger at 1:30am will the mode still activate?
  5.    #3245  
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    sorry if this has been asked, I did my best effort to find the answer before posting.
    If I have a mode(modifier) which has the trigger of time (12:00am-9:00am) & touchstone charger, & I place my phone on the charger at 1:30am will the mode still activate?
    It will. When ever any of the triggers trigger the state of all other triggers is checked. And if they are valid according to the required option in the mode then the mode activates.
  6. #3246  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Mode should not close on GPS signal loss. It might have done that in early versions, but the latest will remember last location until it gets location again. Couple version ago it still might have got wrong reading just before signal was lost since I did not check the accuracy of the data. The couple latest version have been doing that so mode should not close on signal loss. Otherwise the problem is that if mode does not have time to activate before GPS signal loses...
    I'll keep messing with it and send a report if it closes again.
  7. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #3247  
    Trying to update the following:
    System Menu Initial Framework
    System Mode Menu
    System Menu Today Menu
    With an Update All in Preware 1.2.8 I get in IPKG Log:

    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    3 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej

    I think I typed that correctly.
    EDIT: Just noticed the Email IPKG Log menu in Preware - very Kuwel.

    How do I proceed?

    Thanks
    Last edited by TomD; 08/22/2010 at 08:02 PM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  8. #3248  
    EDIT: I was able to get the app to function as designed. Thanks to sconix for this awsome app!! I will post issues if I do run across any..

    sj

    I was curious about the lastest MS Version (100). I had v(99) installed yesterday and was running through some tests. I verified that in MS, when you added Govnah and set the settings for selecting a govnah profile on mode start and changing the govnah profile to a different one on mode close (when switching modes)

    the latest version does not recognize the govnah profiles, I tried removing and reinstalling, still doesn't recognize gov profiles.

    I also tried to reinstall v(99), but that didn't correct the MS app not recognizing govnah profiles..

    is that feature coming back to MS.?

    sj
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 08/22/2010 at 09:19 PM.
  9. #3249  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Trying to update the following:
    System Menu Initial Framework
    System Mode Menu
    System Menu Today Menu
    With an Update All in Preware 1.2.8 I get in IPKG Log:

    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    3 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej

    I think I typed that correctly.
    EDIT: Just noticed the Email IPKG Log menu in Preware - very Kuwel.

    How do I proceed?

    Thanks
    I ran across the same problem. I simply deleted all the menu patches along with the framework patch and then reinstalled.

    Everything works as before.
  10. resturg's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #3250  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Trying to update the following:
    System Menu Initial Framework
    System Mode Menu
    System Menu Today Menu
    With an Update All in Preware 1.2.8 I get in IPKG Log:

    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm 2>&1
    3 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej

    I think I typed that correctly.
    EDIT: Just noticed the Email IPKG Log menu in Preware - very Kuwel.

    How do I proceed?

    Thanks
    I got the same error, so I removed all with Initial Frame last or remove. Then did Luna reboot. Then I installed each separately with Initial Frame first and did the Luna reboot after the fourth install and it worked.
  11. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #3251  
    Thanks folks.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  12. #3252  
    Hi all,

    Sorry to break into this technical discussion. I can't find MS. I've tried PreWare and AppCatalog. Obviously, I'm doing something dumb. Where is it? Thanks.
    Verizon Palm Pre+, Palm WebOS 1.4.5
  13. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #3253  
    Quote Originally Posted by blewenstein View Post
    Hi all,

    Sorry to break into this technical discussion. I can't find MS. I've tried PreWare and AppCatalog. Obviously, I'm doing something dumb. Where is it? Thanks.
    You'll need to activate the webos-patches feed. If you have Preware v1.2.8 it should be in there.

    Preware->Manage Feeds.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  14. #3254  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    You'll need to activate the webos-patches feed. If you have Preware v1.2.8 it should be in there.
    It's been in Preware since well before 1.0.0, not just 1.2.8 ...

    blewenstein, if you're having problems with Preware feeds, make sure you followed http://install.preware.org/ and ignored all the other obsolete and incorrect information on the internet about how to install Preware.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #3255  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    You'll need to activate the webos-patches feed. If you have Preware v1.2.8 it should be in there.

    Preware->Manage Feeds.
    MS is an application, and is therefore currently found in the webos-internals-testing-all feed.

    Full installation instructions can, as usual, be found in the Mode Switcher Wiki

    When Mode Switcher 1.0 is released, it will be found in the regular webos-internals feed.
  16. #3256  
    is there a way to have MS run in the backround without the symbol in the notification bar? I thought the previous version did, but I had to doctor my phone today after I updated MS so I am not sure if I am just missing a setting or if this is something new in the update... TIA
  17. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #3257  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaic husky View Post
    is there a way to have MS run in the backround without the symbol in the notification bar? I thought the previous version did, but I had to doctor my phone today after I updated MS so I am not sure if I am just missing a setting or if this is something new in the update... TIA
    Install the "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" patch. If MS is loaded during the boot, it doesn't use the dashboard.


    Sconix... you should probably start a new thread once you release 1.0, because nobody is going to read 160 pages worth of thread to find the answers they're looking for...
  18. #3258  
    got the launch MS On boot patch?

    it's my understanding this should not happen if patch is installed.


    if you do could be a possible bug. Try to reboot n see if it does it again
  19. #3259  
    There will be a new thread when MS 1.0 is released.
  20. #3260  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Install the "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" patch. If MS is loaded during the boot, it doesn't use the dashboard.
    Thanks, that was it! I feel like an ***** for having to ask because I had it installed before with no problems. I guess I just missed it since after I doctored I had a bunch of things to reinstall to bring my pre back to "normal".

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions